As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Megaten Discussion] Elizabeth added to P4A; P4's cast is already dead.

19495969798100»

• BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    Everyone overwrites Diarama with Diarahan.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    True happiness is having knocked every mob but one down, last mob is weak to ice and it's mitsurus turn.

MARIN KARINNNNNNNNNN

I hate the p3 ai so much. SO MUCH.

• LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    Damn Atlus. I love you so much for releasing P3FES on the PS3. I love you so much. Now, if everyone would do what they're doing, I could unhook my PS2.

steam_sig.png
  • heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    I've never had a problem with Mitsuru using Marin Karin, because I set her to full assault and never look back. Yukari is the healer. let mitsuru do her job, and murder everything.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • VeganVegan Registered User regular
    Diarrhea lol

steam_sig.png
  • gilraingilrain Registered User regular
    Vegan wrote: »
    Diarrhea lol

This matches your avatar well.

• TeriferinTeriferin Registered User regular
    I think I just stopped buying demons from auction on day 4. My incestuous fusions all inherited up to 40 mag, holy dance/megido/megidolaon+drain, repel phys, anti most, and life stream.

One shot every party always.

teriferin#1625
  • The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    heenato wrote: »
    I've never had a problem with Mitsuru using Marin Karin, because I set her to full assault and never look back. Yukari is the healer. let mitsuru do her job, and murder everything.
    Looks like only the five of us bothered to make use of the tactics system.

• LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Setting her to full assault just makes her do other stupid things. Like casting an ice spell to knock someone down, and then casting it again on the knocked down guy instead of moving on to the next one.

Setting her to full assault just makes her do other stupid things. Like casting an ice spell to knock someone down, and then casting it again on the knocked down guy instead of moving on to the next one.
    Well, yes. Because full assault is concentrated. But usually, if the enemy WAS weak to ice, I'd set her to knock down, then back to full assault.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

.... Words cannot begin to describe the level of happiness I have right now.... until I have to deal with the retarded AI again. "No! He only lost 53 HP, why are you using Diarahan!?"

....Good times.
    Because Yukari overwrites diarama with diarahan, I believe.

She. STILL. DIDN'T. HAVE. TO. USE. IT.

EDIT: Anyway, with this game coming out for the PSN, hopefully Nocturne will be next.

Gaming-Freak on
    jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234
    edited April 2012
    Frozenzen wrote: »
    True happiness is having knocked every mob but one down, last mob is weak to ice and it's mitsurus turn.

MARIN KARINNNNNNNNNN

This is why you set her to Full Assault or Knock Down.

The tactics settings exist for a reason, people.

edit: And this is why I should refresh the page.

F5 exists for a reason, Blackjack.

But yeah, if you're up against a bunch of things weak to Ice, set her to knock down. Then the only stupid thing she'll do is use single target spells instead of multi-ones.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

.... Words cannot begin to describe the level of happiness I have right now.... until I have to deal with the retarded AI again. "No! He only lost 53 HP, why are you using Diarahan!?"

....Good times.
    Because Yukari overwrites diarama with diarahan, I believe.

She. STILL. DIDN'T. HAVE. TO. USE. IT.

EDIT: Anyway, with this game coming out for the PSN, hopefully Nocturne will be next.
    Well, if she's set on heal/support (Which she should be) she will prioritize healing any HP loss over attacking. I think her default AI also does that to an extent, but then prioritizes killing over healing when you're at low health or something cause her default AI is dumb

M A G I K A Z A M
    I generally ran with Mitsuru/Akihiko/Junpei and just handled healing myself, but I think the AI is set up so that while not on Heal/Support it heals the MC when he's below 50% and anyone else when they're below 25%

And if multiple people are below 50% it'll use a multi-target heal. But again that's just my limited time with a dedicated healer in the party.

camo_sig2.png

Blackjack wrote: »

But yeah, if you're up against a bunch of things weak to Ice, set her to knock down. Then the only stupid thing she'll do is use single target spells instead of multi-ones.
    Eeeh. I've found it's not really that stupid. At least not in P3. I've always found it's much more reliable to use single spells to knock down a group of enemies than multi-target spells.

M A G I K A Z A M
    Well, sure, but it's more MP intensive. Really the reason it's done is because multi-target spells have lower accuracy and if you don't knock down everything you target, it acts like you haven't knocked down anything. So it's really more the system itself being stupid than the AI. :lol:

camo_sig2.png

Well, sure, but it's more MP intensive. Really the reason it's done is because multi-target spells have lower accuracy and if you don't knock down everything you target, it acts like you haven't knocked down anything. So it's really more the system itself being stupid than the AI. :lol:
    Yeah, but the mp cost is basically nulled by the fact you could just go back down to the first floor. And, it doesn't actually cost any more unless there are 4+ enemies, since if I recall, the multi-target spell has the same MP cost as 3 of the single target.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Frozenzen wrote: »

MARIN KARINNNNNNNNNN

This is why you set her to Full Assault or Knock Down.

The tactics settings exist for a reason, people.

edit: And this is why I should refresh the page.

F5 exists for a reason, Blackjack.

I eventually did this. AI control is still really really stupid.

Clearly the only solution is to set everybody to Stand By, drop everyone and solo the whole game.

• -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    You can get the party members to do pretty much exactly what they need to with the tactics menu. But, as Atlus seemed to realize by P4, if you're micromanaging everyone via the tactics menu all the time then the game should have just let you control them directly in the first place.

Although honestly going back now the AI doesn't bother me in P3 nearly as much as the annoying way you have to equip items on party members by talking to each one individually.

Well cj took too long to make a new thread, so I took care of it for him. Enjoy.

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    If you're going to take up that mantle, you best put more effort into it than that.

wVEsyIc.png
    edited April 2012
    What, you don't like Jack Bros.? :P
    I'm actually working on the real OP right now. It's gonna be pretty long, too. But you still can't talk about Persona.

The Anonymous on
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    Anon knows what's up, I had the same idea for the next SMT thread. Who cares about Persona anyways?
    A lot more people then any other SMT game!

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Anon knows what's up, I had the same idea for the next SMT thread. Who cares about Persona anyways?
    A lot more people then any other SMT game!

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • PrjctD_CaptainPrjctD_Captain iFizzRegistered User regular
    Y u no talk about Persona?

Steam: BrightWing
    PSN: BrightWing13 FFX|V:ARR Bright Asuna
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I wonder if it's feasible that I will "beat" DS:O today, at least via one path.

I'm trying to decide which path to choose.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar