As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Battlefield 3] LOCK PLEASE

• SkajmeSkajme Manchester, UKRegistered User regular
    Sonork wrote: »

Just by using it. They unlock pretty quickly, I want to say after 20 kills but I'm not certain.

• 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    I believe it's 10 kills for the nails, 20 for frags, and 30 for slugs.

u4OkoEI.png
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Someone was wrong on the previous page - the scope glint is only when you are ADS.

Unless that was a joke.

Seeing scope glint seems to have something to do with what angle you are relative to the sniper, so having a good position is still good. I found a good position on Caspian and was able to stay there all game and pick mans off. Bolt action sniper is still OP.

PSN: Honkalot
  • MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Mulletude wrote: »
    4-day weekend officially begins once the kid goes to bed. Will be shooting mans until I can't see straight.

I hate you man.

Damn, I was the only guy on my team doing stuff. I became a human pin cushion for lead and knives.

We love you Arch. don't mind the trash talk. Or knifing.
    We gotta come up with a rotation, ticket count, etc...For renting a server. Gotta find out if I can make it so certain people can pop in and bump non-PA players. That would be ideal.

[edit]So I can set up a VIP list of players who get priority...Lets talk logistics gents. I will get one for a 7-day tryout. Just want to iron out the small details so it's exactly what we want.

Mulletude on
    XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • TwistedJesterTwistedJester Registered User regular
    I really like the G3. A lot. Not sure if I like it more than the L85A2 though.

Kind of disappointed by the AN-94 though. Maybe I just had a few bad games with it.

• Wicked Uncle ErnieWicked Uncle Ernie Registered User regular
    I don't care how hard it is to program, if a teammate steals your vehicle while you're repairing it, you should be able to shoot his ass.

• MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    Someone was wrong on the previous page - the scope glint is only when you are ADS.

Unless that was a joke.

Seeing scope glint seems to have something to do with what angle you are relative to the sniper, so having a good position is still good. I found a good position on Caspian and was able to stay there all game and pick mans off. Bolt action sniper is still OP.

It's not only when you're ADS, though. I've seen plenty of snipers running in my direction with their scope glinting as the rifle goes up and down in the run animation.

• Wicked Uncle ErnieWicked Uncle Ernie Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    MrDelish wrote: »
    Honk wrote: »

Unless that was a joke.

It's not only when you're ADS, though. I've seen plenty of snipers running in my direction with their scope glinting as the rifle goes up and down in the run animation.

Are you sure? Cause I've never seen that. Flashlights and Laser Pointers, sure. But not Scope Glint.

I can't hit anything with the M4 now, it's driving me nuts.

Wicked Uncle Ernie on
  • wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Yeah scope glint happens anytime you have the sniper rifle out. I tested it before.

Also the scope glint has a huge angle view. So if the sniper isn't even looking at you odds are you see it.

I don't know if this helps but whenever I enter a new area I have my pistol out to see any movement then switch to my rifle.

wakkawa on
  • DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    wakkawa wrote: »
    Yeah scope glint happens anytime you have the sniper rifle out. I tested it before.

Also the scope glint has a huge angle view. So if the sniper isn't even looking at you odds are you see it.

I don't know if this helps but whenever I enter a new area I have my pistol out to see any movement then switch to my rifle.

This. I rarely play as recon in an offensive role (mostly because I prefer other classes to run-n-gun), but if we're being shot up by one or more recon(s), I'll switch and just keep my pistol out until I spot a glare. Once I confirm where they are shooting from, out comes the L96.

I'm inclined to believe that the game might be bugged or work different for different machines in that case.

I snipe against snipers a great deal and I only see the glint now-and-then, what I mean by that is when they ADS. I am very sure that they were not switching to pistols between every shot against me. If I know exactly where a sniper is I will only see the glint now-and-then, even when they lay facing me directly. This has always been the case, now and before the patch.

And I have never seen the scope glint when a person is moving with the sniper rifle out.

• BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    I've tried sniping with none-glare scopes but I feel like I just can't see anything then, unless I'm sniping other snipers that have glare. Am I just blind or is that the whole point, just to play more offensively with a smaller zoom like that?

Anything over 300 meters almost require the 12x scope, at least for me.

On the other hand I think the 8x is super awesome in pretty close quarters too, haven't been using anything less than it.

I just use the 8x for everything. I'd tried using red dots and the 3.4x ones for more close quarters stuff, but I can't help but feel like just using a shotgun or something is better.

• DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    SKS + holo. Try that.

• 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    SKS + holo. Try that.

SKS with irons and shoot everything on instinct like a longbow. I don't know why it works, but for some reason it just nets a lot of headshots.

u4OkoEI.png
    I do die to the SKS a lot, I'll have to check it out.

Just don't put a foregrip on it.

u4OkoEI.png
    How come?

Bullets come out of the barrel at 20 degree angles.

u4OkoEI.png
    That seems a little silly. Is that a bug or a really sideways attempt at nerfing the gun?

edited April 2012
    That's how the foregrip works across all weapons post-patch. Reduced horizontal recoil for additional spread at all ranges.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
    edited April 2012
    I really need to start reading patch notes, or at the very least paying attention when I do read them.

Blendtec on
    edited April 2012
    Here's Symthic's data for all weapons and what they are like post-patch. I'll try to find the attachment plots.

Datas.

Not sure where the plots are, don't really feel like digging right now, but here is a list of all the individual values for each weapon and the attachments that can alter the recoil and spread of said weapon.

More datas.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    Sweet jesus the QBB's iron sights make me want to punch kittens. What the christ. Worst 10 kills to get I've ever done.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    Dac wrote: »
    Sweet jesus the QBB's iron sights make me want to punch kittens. What the christ. Worst 10 kills to get I've ever done.

Still better than the Famas.

• MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    The Famas definitely has the worst irons. Oh, did you want to see anything else on your screen? lulz

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • SonorkSonork CanadaRegistered User regular
    emp123 wrote: »
    Dac wrote: »

Still better than the Famas.

Yeah, those first FAMAS kills. so bad

• MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Is there any reason for me NOT to buy this?

http://www.amazon.com/Electronic-Arts-40834ttlefield-32-Battlefield/dp/B005WWZUQ0/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1333768602&sr=8-9

I think I have $30 left on my amazon gift card, too.

EDIT: $13.26 total. This will work with Origin, right?

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI

http://www.amazon.com/Electronic-Arts-40834ttlefield-32-Battlefield/dp/B005WWZUQ0/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1333768602&sr=8-9

I don't even think it's a CD, just a piece of paper with a code that you plug into Origin, so yes.

u4OkoEI.png

I don't even think it's a CD, just a piece of paper with a code that you plug into Origin, so yes.

It's an Amazon download. Whatever, it's $13. I'm downloading it.

• emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Our numbers swell.

We should get some games going.

emp123 on
    Our numbers swell.

Give it about ... 4 hours. :P

Our numbers swell.

You gonna be on when it's done?

u4OkoEI.png
    Our numbers swell.

You gonna be on when it's done?

Definitely. I'll post.

• SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Be warned, that is the standalone BF3 game, it does not include the Back to Karkand maps.

edited April 2012
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    Be warned, that is the standalone BF3 game, it does not include the Back to Karkand maps.

Oh. Is that a thing I have to buy to play with you dudes? Because meh.

EDIT: 1.87/10.2 Gigs.

MayGodHaveMercy on
  • HarshLanguageHarshLanguage Registered User regular

Yup. Anyone in the US who wants BF3 and can get to retail stores, check those first because they very often still have "Limited Edition" copies of BF3 that include Karkand access. They will be mixed in with the newer copies that don't have Karkand and will cost the same (same UPC/SKU). Look for the orange corner on the case.

QSwearing_trans_smooth_small.gif
    > turn on light

Good start to the day. Pity it's going to be the worst one of your life. The light is now on.

Yup. Anyone in the US who wants BF3 and can get to retail stores, check those first because they very often still have "Limited Edition" copies of BF3 that include Karkand access. They will be mixed in with the newer copies that don't have Karkand and will cost the same (same UPC/SKU). Look for the orange corner on the case.

Amazon definitely didn't have a digital download with the maps for $39.95

• wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    Am or just crazy or do the recon rifles have a different velocity/bullet drop?