As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Strength.Training.Guile. [Mass Effect].The Special Tasks Group needs you.USE SPOILER TAGS

• Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    skipping some pages, I see we now have a free multiplayer expansion to look forward to. awesome.

I wonder if they're going to fix some of the broken shit when it applies. Like the vanguard bug.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    Hm. Barriers also slow down cooldowns. But since it'll take forever for krogan to lose shields, I guess that's not a big deal for charge.

With krogan carrying bonuses, it's easy to get +200% cooldowns with the basic shotguns. Even if Barrier is kept at its worst in terms of cooldown hindrance, when you spec it for cooldown you're still looking at +150% recharge with Barrier on.

This class is going to be nuts unless they seriously put the screws to it in terms of Barrier recharge.

dN0T6ur.png
  • JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Al_wat wrote: »
    They should make a Batarian slave master class

what do you think the net gun and harpoon gun are for?

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    Joolander wrote: »

The new enemy type

INDOCTRINATED BABY SEALS

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    Batarian propagandist

Decoy
    Cloak
    Sabotage

• Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular

This makes sense actually

I am dense

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Just now-buggiest match I've ever played. All of the ladders were broken, I spent an entire round being a ghost who couldn't shoot things or interact with anything, our vanguard clipped into the floor, geth were teleporting, and we still made it halfway through extraction.

Although one thing with krogan vanguard is he won't be able to dodge roll, which means he'll be way more vulnerable to OHKOs. None of that dancing out of range against Atlases.

I'm assuming Bioware is smart enough to still balance the krogan out in other ways, like giving him a really shitty base recharge rate.

Also I wonder how they'll work the engineers shield recharge ability. Targetted ability, or was it that maintained sparkly shield thing the engy was doing in the video? Or maybe just a passive bonus to shield recharge rates for players nearby? A lot of possiblities depending on the exact way it's used

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
    Kana wrote: »
    Although one thing with krogan vanguard is he won't be able to dodge roll, which means he'll be way more vulnerable to OHKOs. None of that dancing out of range against Atlases.

I'm assuming Bioware is smart enough to still balance the krogan out in other ways, like giving him a really shitty base recharge rate.

Also I wonder how they'll work the engineers shield recharge ability. Targetted ability, or was it that maintained sparkly shield thing the engy was doing in the video? Or maybe just a passive bonus to shield recharge rates for players nearby? A lot of possiblities depending on the exact way it's used

maybe it works like the Asari Justicar's shield bubble

If krogan battlemaster ends up being treated as its own race, there are a lot of ways they can tweak it

• Garret DoriganGarret Dorigan "Why can't I be DLC for UMvC3?"Registered User regular
    If the Kroguard gets Barrier like Kaiden's armor ability, everyone will be playing it. Here's hoping it's something different, as it will basically invalidate the Sentinel as a class... awesome as it is.

"Never Hit"
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    C'mon Vorcha Berserker class, c'mon Vorcha Berserker...

Hobnail on
    Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    Does the kroso's fortification invalidate the sentinel

• jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    always host the game if you are playing vanguard. I can't say for sure it elminates falling under/over the world 100% but it definitely reduces charge lag.

I guess the reward packs from last week are put off until next week because EA is on spring break or some shit.

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    skipping some pages, I see we now have a free multiplayer expansion to look forward to. awesome.

I wonder if they're going to fix some of the broken shit when it applies. Like the vanguard bug.

They have to test it to ensure that they know exactly how it works, make sure their fix does what it's supposed to and doesn't break anything else (broken bookcases and dragons in Skyrim, anyone?) and do this several times over so they can fix a bunch of bugs in one certification. Hopefully they have that bug pegged for the next patch.

And I can't believe that leak was true, I will probably promote my beloved, never-promoted Engineer class if I get the Geth variant so I can start fresh.

Nah, level your geth engineer immediately up to 20 so you can try him out, then when you realize your build is terrible promote and start over

• HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    I cannot wait to get my hands on Batarian Soldier.

Dude is gonna stab people and harpoon them (Falcon them until I get to harpoon them)

• DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    Huntera wrote: »
    I cannot wait to get my hands on Batarian Soldier.

Dude is gonna stab people and harpoon them (Falcon them until I get to harpoon them)
    My batarian is gonna punch everything to death.

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    4:20 play multi erryday

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    Nah, level your geth engineer immediately up to 20 so you can try him out, then when you realize your build is terrible promote and start over

Hmm, this would be one way to do it, but I kinda want to have that gradual build up as you carefully assign points over time, to scratch that rpg itch. Plus I have a respec card I was planning to use on my Salarian Engineer.

• Garret DoriganGarret Dorigan "Why can't I be DLC for UMvC3?"Registered User regular
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Does the kroso's fortification invalidate the sentinel

I swear I put Krogan before that Sentinel up there. While your statement isn't true, I do think that a Kroguard will pretty much invalidate the Krogan Sentinel if they get Barrier.

"Never Hit"
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    priority: rannoch
    when geth characters are reduced to three health bars or lower, they immediately switch sides

0BnD8l3.gif
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    when geth characters are reduced to three health bars or lower, they immediately switch sides

I don't understand

Dichotomy wrote: »

I don't understand

Dichotomy is a doodoo head.

well yes, but he seems to be making a joke or referencing a plot point from rannoch but I am not seeing it

• YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Dichotomy is upset they're not sticking to his continuity.

The Multiplayer exists in a Mass Effect Multi-verse Singularity Field.

All decisions are valid.

Bioware broke the dragon.

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Who said that Geth would never be playable? Because I'm laughing.

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
    edited April 2012
    Dubh wrote: »
    Who said that Geth would never be playable? Because I'm laughing.

Dichotomy did.

I fucking called this shit and he was like "Nuh-uh, that's dumb."

Dux on
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    well yes, but he seems to be making a joke or referencing a plot point from rannoch but I am not seeing it

the geth population was reduced to two-thirds and they chose to side with the reapers

ha

ha

0BnD8l3.gif
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    I am sure they will come up with some explanation as to why these geth aren't those geth

there is very nearly no end to what they can just make up

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    oi

broke the golden rule of vanguarding (always be hosting) and got hit with the bug for the first time

holy good god

one of the pubbies i was playing with, bless his soul, actually revived me as I was floating in the air unable to move

thanks buddy

but that probably wasn't worth it

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Seriously wrote: »
    I am sure they will come up with some explanation as to why these geth aren't those geth

there is very nearly no end to what they can just make up

mass effect fields

I was thinking that was the answer

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Other mobile platforms like legion?

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)

Some geth decided that fighting the reapers was more important than the quarians and broke off from the main geth, like the heretics did?

Reprogrammed Cerberus clones

that's right

they cloned robots

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Dux wrote: »

Some geth decided that fighting the reapers was more important than the quarians and broke off from the main geth, like the heretics did?

space magic

it took forever

PiptheFair wrote: »
    Dux wrote: »

space magic

Works for me.

This discussion has been closed.