As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Strength.Training.Guile. [Mass Effect].The Special Tasks Group needs you.USE SPOILER TAGS

• Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Huntera can i play gold with you????

no one will play mass effects with me tonight and I am dying

e: literally right as I made that post crow was like OKAY I'M READY TO PLAY NOW

Day of the Bear on
    m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    the best way to deal with phantoms is to be krogan

get one to chase you

climb up ladder and it'll follow

play heavy melee baseball

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I don't ever really stunlock brutes. I just sidestep or just nova to the side just as he's about to charge. Brutes cannot turn in a hurry so once they get into position I just matador to the side, rinse and repeat.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    my favorite thing about playing a Krogan is that I don't have to give a fuck about Phantoms anymore

claymore + heavy melee

• DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    look, I fucking hate vanguards, they are annoying as shit
    they are loud and they ruin all my shots and they spew that blue crap everywhere and they are cocky as hell and I don't like that in my squads

they tend to top the points chart
    but that's not because they are better
    that's just because they get to everything first

vanguards that are not moronic will generally do pretty well but I dunno if I'd even put them in the top five of classes I'd want to run with, they are not very good

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
    Huntera wrote: »
    Man, just played a Gold game where, with a Falcon, I broke 72k points and was topping the scoreboard.

heh
    that's cute

0BnD8l3.gif
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    almost every time I see a vanguard on silver he/she winds up charging a banshee or a brute or something and getting ohko'd at least once

Shorty on
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    man, human vanguard is hardly over powered.

just really good. if you fuck up as human vanguard you are down.

• HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    Huntera wrote: »
    Man, just played a Gold game where, with a Falcon, I broke 72k points and was topping the scoreboard.

heh
    that's cute

Considering it being my 2nd, maybe 3rd Gold game, and the scores of the people under me.

I was doing pretty ok.

edited April 2012
    but really they need to fix decoy so it isn't invincible, I'm starting to use it as a crutch

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
    I'd just like to mention that it's only human vanguards I regularly see being fools

Shorty wrote: »
    almost every time I see a vanguard on silver he/she winds up charging a banshee or a brute or something and getting ohko'd at least once

real things said playing mass effect "oh shit. sorry guys. Charged a banshee. Wait i got away! hurrah I liv-! oh i'm dead. fucking brutes"

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    vanguard is basically as high risk/high reward as it gets

you're going to do really really well

except for the times that you don't

and end up making an ass of yourself

• Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    Vanguard is pretty great on silver/gold if they know to play with the team and not run off and do their own thing. Then I give them support and we all tear it up.

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Really I just want my Infiltrator class back up to 20 so I can Salarian + Widow all day.

Melding wrote: »

real things said playing mass effect "oh shit. sorry guys. Charged a banshee. Wait i got away! hurrah I liv-! oh i'm dead. fucking brutes"

other things: "I'll be fine if I charge this banshee and diveroll away."

• MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    I have certainly never stunlocked a brute on silver

maybe two vanguards working together could

you need to wait after the charge

if you blow your Nova load too early it won't cause the Brute to stagger

it'll still let him take melee attacks against you, but they're super easy to dodge if you have a class with a dodge ability

I'd just like to mention that it's only human vanguards I regularly see being fools

nova makes you think you're a god.

Other races dont' have it. pull means the drell doesn't have to worry about guardians, and can cause detonations. asari you have to use heavy melee and stasis to be effective. but humans, voomp boom voomp boom voomp boom. forever.

With yelling.

I love you vanguard.

mostly because dich doesn't

MrMonroe wrote: »
    I have certainly never stunlocked a brute on silver

maybe two vanguards working together could

you need to wait after the charge

if you blow your Nova load too early it won't cause the Brute to stagger

it'll still let him take melee attacks against you, but they're super easy to dodge if you have a class with a dodge ability

but
    if the brute can still attack it isn't stunlocked at all!

0BnD8l3.gif
    BugBoy wrote: »

get one to chase you

but they die after a couple Mattock rounds and a pair of heavy melee attacks

setting a trap seems like a waste of time when you could just straight kill them no problem

i meant that i said. i've actually apologized for charging banshees before. cause it is never a good idea unless you know exactly when to do it, and even then.

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    i used to think charging banshees from behind was always a safe thing to do

and then one whipped around and ohko'd me

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    ravagers are straight up hitler

They can't shoot you if you're within a couple of steps away from them. Just make sure to shoot them in their metal parts, and avoid the death acid. Easy-peasy.

Weaver on
  • BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    BugBoy wrote: »

get one to chase you

but they die after a couple Mattock rounds and a pair of heavy melee attacks

setting a trap seems like a waste of time when you could just straight kill them no problem

you underestimate how hilarious it is to have them fly off the ledge and climb right back up to do it again

i used to think charging banshees from behind was always a safe thing to do

and then one whipped around and ohko'd me

yeah, i was charging one from behind and i charged into the ohko animation. i was pissed.

Speaking of Banshees, I had the biggest laugh earlier on engineer, when I spotted a banshee before it put up its barrier and started chasing us down. I threw a drone at her, and so it was the first thing on her aggro list. So she turns around, and starts teleporting in place, never actually leaving that spot, while my drone just keeps zapping her.

i meant that i said. i've actually apologized for charging banshees before. cause it is never a good idea unless you know exactly when to do it, and even then.

It's especially dangerous if you have any lag at all. I generally avoid vanguard entirely if I'm not hosting.

I haven't been able to extensively test it but preliminary research suggests a point-blank disciple shot from cloak possesses enough force to stagger a banshee

this is potentially a great boon for teammates

0BnD8l3.gif
    I haven't been able to extensively test it but preliminary research suggests a point-blank disciple shot from cloak possesses enough force to stagger a banshee

i could see it, i'm not sure if it can stagger armour targets but if it can, then it should be able to stagger a banshee. staggering people is what is was designed to do, after all.

also, Ravagers are bitches and I don't see why anyone has trouble crushing them into a finely textured pile of goo

i could see it, i'm not sure if it can stagger armour targets but if it can, then it should be able to stagger a banshee. staggering people is what is was designed to do, after all.

well I mean I have staggered banshees with a point-blank disciple shot from cloak before, I just don't know if they had vulnerability debuffs on at the time or etc.

gotta get those reproducible results

0BnD8l3.gif
    also, Ravagers are bitches and I don't see why anyone has trouble crushing them into a finely textured pile of goo

because not everyone has long-ranged weapons or the ability to safely close the gap?

0BnD8l3.gif
    if you blow your Nova load too early

:winky:

Ravagers aren't the problem.

The problem is when you're dealing with anything else when they roll up and shoot the back of your skull.

the problem is they are quiet and sneak up behind you.

Yeah, Brutes and Banshees, etc, all make very obvious screams and you always know when they're around. Not the case with Ravagers.

also, ravagers are bugs and kill all bugs

0BnD8l3.gif
  • ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    I like two-shotting ravagers with the widow

dich...

Joolander wrote: »
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    They actually gave Krogan Vanguard Charge
    I'm surprised

I was gonna say that there's no reason NOT to get it, but then again Krogan soldiers don't get an equivalent of adrenaline rush, either, so I don't know.

It seems like Krogans would be more suited to having Nova instead of charge. Naturally, they can't get both, as that would be insane.

Absolutely hilarious, but completely insane.

actually yeah nova would make a lot of sense for a krogan, with their insane amount of shileds, a full nova translates to about 12.4 metric fucktons of AOE damage

Krogans have almost exactly double the max shields of a human.

Humans top off at 825. Krogans can get it up to 1600. That would be pretty badass nova damage.

This discussion has been closed.