As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[League of Legends] Of Yordles, Suppordles and Sort-of-Yordles

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    The Ender wrote: »
    Raslin wrote: »
    Frankly, I wish they'd charge rp(in addition to ip) for runes, and just make rune pages free. I'm sure plenty of people would buy runes, and it'd make a more competitive experience.

eh i dunno, i'm not okay with the idea of people being able to pay money in order to enhance their in-game performance

i know i know, slippery slope blah blah blah but i'd rather riot not even flirt with the idea
    Well, technically they already can, via IP boosts.
    That's not really a fair comparison, the doubled IP/XP gains don't help much when you gain both of them so slowly. But the rune pages already are buying performance because they are essential to high level play and the IP costs are prohibitive. And they shouldn't even cost anything in the first place.

Honestly, the rune pages (and to a lesser extent masteries) were a terrible idea in the first place. Now that they have a huge playerbase they should rework them completely, but any significant change would (justifiably) enrage the people who paid $20 for rune pages, and I doubt Riot is willing to give away that much money in refunds. So I guess we're stuck with them forever. At least maybe they'll get around to changing the stealth mechanics sometime soon...

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Oh hey, Bunny Riven.
    ...too bad the artwork could be a hell of a lot better. :(

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    But you can essentially do the same thing already. Buy an IP booster and then buy the runes. It would bother me if they took away the IP buy option, but not if they added an RP buy option...because I'd use it as long as it was reasonable.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    Oh hey, Bunny Riven.
    ...too bad the artwork could be a hell of a lot better. :(

Uh what? The only thing that could be better than Bunny Girl Riven is Zero Riven.

• The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    <Champ Select>

I WILL PLAY MID. MAN YOU GUYS. I AM SO GOOD AT MID. IS ANYONE STREAMING? THIS WILL BE SICK.

<In Game>

*First blood*

*feed*

*feed*

*feed*

Yes.

This person is so good.

With Love and Courage
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I think Lulu's heals are more meaningful to Dig's team comp than Soraka's, since Lulu's shield/ult is effective health that's not affected by healing reduction. Soraka contributes armor and the MR shred to the team, but her heals aren't as big a deal.

liEt3nH.png
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    Not really sure how the bunny riven art could be a whole lot better. They used the better artist, and that's all you really need.

And teemo buff? Is that something that really needed to happen? And when in the hell are they going to nerf fiora's ult, or her in general.

• NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    I think Lulu's heals are more meaningful to Dig's team comp than Soraka's, since Lulu's shield/ult is effective health that's not affected by healing reduction. Soraka contributes armor and the MR shred to the team, but her heals aren't as big a deal.
    Don't forget the 100 armor that her level 5 heal adds though.

• zerg rushzerg rush Registered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    But you can essentially do the same thing already. Buy an IP booster and then buy the runes.

Not really. I mean you sorta can but the conversion rate sucks. Champs cost 6300 IP or 975 RP, or about 6.5x as much IP as RP. If you buy a champ on sale, it's 13x IP per RP. A 10 win IP boost is (assuming you only play summoner's rift PvP) 1500 IP for 670 RP, or about 2.25x IP to RP. The time-duration IP boosts are also a bad deal. Theoretically, the 14 day boost is the most efficient, but you need to play ~120 games in two weeks for it to be as efficient as buying champs on release. Or hell, 240 games if you only buy champs on sale. That's 80 hours of league in two weeks; if you can afford that much time to play, you probably have everything bought anyways.

By far the most efficient uses of RP are buying rune bundles, champ bundles, and champs on sale. Buying champs outright is next best. Buying IP boosts is dead last. Since it's 3-6 times less efficient, I don't really consider it a viable option.

• SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Lulu + Bunny Riven = GIANT BUNNY RIVEN! So fun.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Neaden wrote: »
    Don't forget the 100 armor that her level 5 heal adds though.

That is what he was saying. The heal component of Soraka's w isn't what was important to the comp, it was the +125 armor (and Soraka passive) that turned Kog-Maw into a tank.

wbBv3fj.png
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    The Ender wrote: »
    <Champ Select>

I WILL PLAY MID. MAN YOU GUYS. I AM SO GOOD AT MID. IS ANYONE STREAMING? THIS WILL BE SICK.

<In Game>

*First blood*

*feed*

*feed*

*feed*

Yes.

This person is so good.

Just had that happen to me.

5/0/3 Ahri incited a quick surrender.

huntresssig.jpg
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    Not really sure how the bunny riven art could be a whole lot better. They used the better artist, and that's all you really need.

And teemo buff? Is that something that really needed to happen? And when in the hell are they going to nerf fiora's ult, or her in general.

Fiora doesn't need any nerfs, she's very squishy and pretty easy to lock down. If anything, she needs a giant pile of QoL fixes for all the minor things that can completely waste her ult.

huntresssig.jpg
  • DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    Fiora's a really strong dominion champion, but that's what bans are for.

1208768734831.jpg
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Except Fiora doesn't deserve a ban over Kassadin, Rammus, Yorick, Urgot, Poppy and Warwick.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Future BluesFuture Blues Registered User regular
    Man people are so mad about Dig's triple support ad carry tank comp. So mad.

Xbox Live: No Reply
    Steam: Jacobontap
    LoL: FutureBlues
    Man people are so mad about Dig's triple support ad carry tank comp. So mad.

I'm not 'mad', I just think it's boring. It's boring to watch, boring to play against and it's probably boring to play, too.

It's the equivalent of cheesing in Starcraft.

With Love and Courage
  • ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Money on the line? You bet your ass teams will cheese their way to victory. Happens in every type of competition.

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
    Arikado wrote: »
    Money on the line? You bet your ass teams will cheese their way to victory. Happens in every type of competition.

Oh for sure. Still dumb and boring.

With Love and Courage
    Dumb and boring is things losers say when they get beat.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Oh come on, its a boring strat that revolves around 4 people on your team making sure people are doing as little as possible.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    Not really. It simply relies on abilities that make the core of your team less able to be damaged so you can effectively make use of the insane scaling on AD items.

Which is what every team comp does (except an AoE comp) primarily, either by CC'ing the other team, debuffing, or direct intervention.

I mean, i only play casually but i have not ever seen a team fight won because the winning side did not protect their carry.

wbBv3fj.png
    Goumindong wrote: »

Nope. I ban Soraka.

1208768734831.jpg

Uh. I wasn't at the tournament.

With Love and Courage
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Protecting your carry is one thing.

A team that is 1 person and 4 people holding him up is boring.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg

Its not like supports put their ability on a person and it passively buffs them. They have to actively respond to enemy threats and use abilities at the proper time. Just like if you have 4 damage dealers and 1 support.

wbBv3fj.png

Its not like supports put their ability on a person and it passively buffs them. They have to actively respond to enemy threats and use abilities at the proper time. Just like if you have 4 damage dealers and 1 support.

It feels like taking the 0cs bot lane meta and applying it to the entire god damn game.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    Not really. It simply relies on abilities that make the core of your team less able to be damaged so you can effectively make use of the insane scaling on AD items.

Which is what every team comp does (except an AoE comp) primarily, either by CC'ing the other team, debuffing, or direct intervention.

I mean, i only play casually but i have not ever seen a team fight won because the winning side did not protect their carry.

-.-

Most teams have to actually position themselves well in order to protect the carry, and the carry has to think about when to engage / disengage.

There is almost zero thought process involved in Dig's strategy. Lulu presses R, Janna applies the shield, Kog activates Bio-Arcane Barrage. GG, teamfight won.

The only person who needs to think a little bit is Soraka.

With Love and Courage
    Its not like supports put their ability on a person and it passively buffs them.

Uh, yes, it's exactly like that in fact. Did you watch the stream? It was Janna/Lulu/Soraka all passively buffing Kog'Maw at the start of every engagement.

With Love and Courage
  • CripTonicCripTonic Registered User regular
    Dig's whole comp falls apart by banning Lulu. If they can't use her as an AP top lane, there is no substitute that provides comparable utility. Kog'maw can be counter picked, Lulu just seems broken on the other hand.

0liDg.png
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012

Fuck carries just run 4.5 bruisers/divers

(the .5 is Ahri)

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
    Winning a tournament game with 3 supports on your team is trolly enough to admire. But yeah, ban that shit.

1208768734831.jpg

Hahahaha, so mad.

sp8pS.jpg

Solo mid graves doubling up the Ahri I was against in CS...my score pretty much reflects how this game went.

Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling

Hahahaha, so mad.

Why on earth would I be mad?

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    edited April 2012

Hahahaha, so mad.

Why on earth would I be mad?

What's the difference between Dig's strat and just stacking armor/mr on your team or picking a bunch of tanky deeps against a squishy team and powering through their burst? It's like, people hate true damage because they buy some armor, mitigate it and make the enemy useless, but as soon as somebody figures out a way to abuse heals people go apeshit because suddenly mitigation is antifun qq.

Can't have your cake and eat it too.

Future Blues on
    edited April 2012
    What's the difference between Dig's strat and other strats that do completely different things? Tanky deeps teams just trade burst for the ability to take pressure. Digs strat revolves around everyone throwing their buffs on a guy and having him solo the other team.

Its dull. Its dull to watch. Its dull to play against. And I bet its dull as shit for the other team. Kogmaw excluded.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    edited April 2012
    It's not really an argument worth having anyway, as Soraka is going to be banned out every game tomorrow. At least every game against Dig.

GnomeTank on
    edited April 2012
    What's the difference between Dig's strat and other strats that do completely different things? Tanky deeps teams just trade burst for the ability to take pressure. Digs strat revolves around everyone throwing their buffs on a guy and having him solo the other team.

Its dull. Its dull to watch. Its dull to play against. And I bet its dull as shit for the other team. Kogmaw excluded.

Why is it dull? I don't understand your logic. Like, is there a reason it's "dull to watch" other than that you're disappointed that they couldn't instagib their carry with 3+ ults and win by default? It's not like CLG didn't get their moment in the sun. In that last game they were up by a ridiculous amount of kills, fed out the gills with Dig was pushed to their inhib before Dig managed to turn them on their head and win the game. Most tournament games (see M5's stuff) are complete garbage in the sense that one team snowballs in the first 5 or 6 minutes and the rest is just watching them pick the other team apart like a fillet of fish. In both these games there was a point where I was sure Dig was going to lose and they completely and utterly turned it around. How is that not exciting?

What's more exciting: watching one guy absolutely dominate 5 other people with the help of some clutch healing because his team picked a great comp and was able to heal him from 0-100 multiple times in teamfights securing the win or watching everybody on a snowballed AoE comp press R at the same time and win automatically?

Future Blues on
    Why is it dull? I don't understand your logic. Like, is there a reason it's "dull to watch" other than that you're disappointed that they couldn't instagib their carry with 3+ ults and win by default?

Because in a more typical line up you have 5 people all pursuing various different goals. You've got people disrupting and initiating, people trying to get at the carries, supports doing their thing, carries trying to melt other carries, bruisers in the middle of everything etc etc.

Dig has 4 supports and a carry.

What's more exciting: watching one guy absolutely dominate 5 other people with the help of some clutch healing because his team picked a great comp and was able to heal him from 0-100 multiple times in teamfights securing the win or watching everybody on a snowballed AoE comp press R at the same time and win automatically?

Why are you pretending its my choice of these two and these two only?

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
This discussion has been closed.