As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Diablo III] The old thread.

• Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    38 if I'm not mistaken. Give or take half a day based on location in the world.

23 left in April, comes out on the 15th of May.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    SkabSkab Registered User regular
    37, actually. I've just been lazy.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    psyck0psyck0 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Maybe one of you blizzard folks @sarukun @neville can bring to their attention that there are around 50 threads on their forums like this and that not a single damn blizzard employee has posted to even acknowledge that they are working on the problem, which is really disgustingly bad customer support.

I was able to play the beta a while ago. Open it up to update and it fucking hangs at 60% like everybody else there. I have tried everything I have seen, and as far as I can tell it's just trolls posting fake solutions. After uninstalling the client it now hangs at 30% instead of 60%. This had fucking better not happen with the actual game, which I have had preordered since November.

psyck0 on
    Play Smash Bros 3DS with me! 4399-1034-5444
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    psyck0 wrote: »
    Maybe one of you blizzard folks @sarukun @neville can bring to their attention that there are around 50 threads on their forums like this and that not a single damn blizzard employee has posted to even acknowledge that they are working on the problem, which is really disgustingly bad customer support.

I was able to play the beta a while ago. Open it up to update and it fucking hangs at 60% like everybody else there. I have tried everything I have seen, and as far as I can tell it's just trolls posting fake solutions. After uninstalling the client it now hangs at 30% instead of 60%. This had fucking better not happen with the actual game, which I have had preordered since November.

I looked at the support forum and took literally two seconds to find a tech support agent responding to someone with this exact issue.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4253900449#1

Send an email and include your dxdiag info if you are truly concerned.

• Options
    psyck0psyck0 Registered User regular
    Oh congrats you found the only post on the forums with a support post and he didn't do anything to fix it besides say update your drivers.

Play Smash Bros 3DS with me! 4399-1034-5444
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    its a beta

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Oh congrats you found the only post on the forums with a support post and he didn't do anything to fix it besides say update your drivers.

First off Blue posts are tracked so you can find threads that have been responded to by Blizzard. You can also use http://www.diablofans.com/blizz-tracker/ which has a large list of all threads (sans support) with a Blue response. And at this point there are now suggestions to try and fix the issue.

"Disgustingly bad customer support"? lol internet.

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I can't believe how close we are to this fucker. 37 days? 37 days to the end of my goddamn life.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    37 days until the unemployment rate peaks at 10%

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular

So what you just did is the equivalent of make a "BLUE COME READ THIS" post. And you did it in G&T which I don't even normally come and post in, so you used the @ to get my attention.

What is wrong with you?

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    Weird beta times. I've always had the issue of stuttering when loading assets for the first time. My brother's slightly inferior comp handled that fine. Now the tables have turned and everytime he sees a new monster or casts a new spell it will freeze and die for a good 10 seconds.

I can't decide whether to book a holiday on release day, or the day after. I think the day after is a safe bet. Being unable to log in on a day off would destroy me.

Dancing Bagel
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    Having run the Diablo III beta into the ground I've been playing some Diablo II. Actually getting really good luck on drops this time, for my level!

Quick question: does exceptional/elite gear show up as exceptional/elite before you purchase it in the gambling window, or do I need to just buy a shitload of Chain Boots and hope I get lucky twice?

• Options
    ZarathustraEckZarathustraEck Ubermensch now with stripes!Registered User regular
    Having run the Diablo III beta into the ground I've been playing some Diablo II. Actually getting really good luck on drops this time, for my level!

Quick question: does exceptional/elite gear show up as exceptional/elite before you purchase it in the gambling window, or do I need to just buy a shitload of Chain Boots and hope I get lucky twice?

It's the latter. You don't know the grade of an item before you gamble it. It's just "chain boots".

See you in Town,
    -Z
  • Options
    MugaazMugaaz Registered User regular
    its a beta

Oh please, I'm the biggest Diablo fanboi, but this is the worst argument of all time in the history of MMOs. It being a beta is not evidence of broken things being fixed, nor an excuse something is broken. Unless there is a specific statement somewhere about XYZ will be fixed in release, then something broken in Beta should be assumed to be in the same state at release! 99% of issues you find in a games Beta will carry over to release, because Betas are not actual Betas for game mechanics, they're betas for auction house, authentication, game, and financial servers.

• Options
    El GuacoEl Guaco Registered User regular
  • Options
    Vi MonksVi Monks Registered User regular
    Mugaaz wrote: »
    its a beta

Oh please, I'm the biggest Diablo fanboi, but this is the worst argument of all time in the history of MMOs. It being a beta is not evidence of broken things being fixed, nor an excuse something is broken. Unless there is a specific statement somewhere about XYZ will be fixed in release, then something broken in Beta should be assumed to be in the same state at release! 99% of issues you find in a games Beta will carry over to release, because Betas are not actual Betas for game mechanics, they're betas for auction house, authentication, game, and financial servers.

Since the issue being discussed is a server/connection issue and not a game mechanics issue, by your own rules, the "it's a beta" statement is relevant.

Also, I think you're being a little uncharitable here. Game mechanics have been revamped left and right since the D3 beta started. Off the top of my head, the rune and skill system was totally reworked, monster damage was roughly doubled for the lower levels (based largely on the public beta feedback), tons of class tweaks. On the whole, I agree with you that this beta (and most others) are primarily about testing server infrastructure, not content. But to ignore the game mechanics changes that have been made is a pretty huge oversight.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    its a beta

There is no reason to get out of wack regarding download issues. Those will happen especially with MoP beta going on concurrently. I had not problem downloading the beta but I did have to enable peer to peer for it to work. That was kind of strange. This game is not like WoW. Allowing a wealth of bugs to make to live will hurt Blizzard's investment and longevity in this game. But having worked in the software industry some bugs just dont have the priority of others. Testing of the items you mentioned is vital prior to release as that is a huge part of the gameplay that is announced at release. It is a beta. They are updating the client pretty steadily. Time will tell if it goes well.

• Options
    Oh dear God what was that thing at the end???

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Barbarians can turn Supper Sayin?

The number of xXSsJw33Dl0rDg0kuXx will black out the sun

• Options
    Never underestimate the power of bored nerds. This image is supposedly the gear for the Barb from the above video.

9nRUR.jpg

su7k8.jpg

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    GIVE ME ALL YOUR ITEMS SO I CAN SELL THEM

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Goddamn, the Barbarian looks and sounds so good.

• Options
    mr_michmr_mich Mmmmagic. MDRegistered User regular
    That barb looks awesome!

I'm really stoked to see some of those new areas/monsters, but some of them look pretty blah. I know it's tough to tell from one frame's worth of layout/terrain, but I've been lauding D3 at how it feels like I'm in an actual dungeon, and not some arena. A lot of D2, namely in Acts 2/4, suffered from the sprawling expanse that felt like it was only there to throw demons at players in a video game. I see a few of such places in that footage, but I'm hoping/trusting that a majority of the game is as fun/dynamic as the beta.

• Options
    I find it interesting that the shield has as much armor as 3 other armor pieces put together. Which makes the decision of using one or not a genuine dilemma. Are you willing to give up 30%-50% of your defense so you can dual wield?

• Options
    Yes because I'm a MAN

• Options
    Welp, here comes Patch 16 and another character wipe.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4363779447#1
    The Diablo III beta is currently undergoing maintenance as we prepare to deploy the next beta patch. We anticipate that downtime will last for about 8 to 9 hours, until approximately 8:00 p.m./9:00 p.m. PDT.

Please note that Beta Patch 16 will include a character wipe. As with previous character wipes, this wipe will also affect gold, achievements, items, followers, and artisans.

Thank you for your patience!

• Options
    What was the barbarian super saiyan move thing?

• Options
    SensationalSensational Registered User regular
    Those are the least interesting random properties ever on those items.

• Options
    RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    Those are the least interesting random properties ever on those items.

But did you see the item with +25 fire resist? I can't wait to start experimenting with builds that have high fire resist.

Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I'm now faced with a real dilemma: barbarian or monk?

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    I think it's interesting to note how many of those items have little to no Strength on them. I'm really curious how much better primary damage stats will be than the alternatives, and at what point you'll want to use a higher level/higher stat item without your primary stat vs. a lower level one that's loaded with your primary stat.

• Options
    forty wrote: »
    I think it's interesting to note how many of those items have little to no Strength on them. I'm really curious how much better primary damage stats will be than the alternatives, and at what point you'll want to use a higher level/higher stat item without your primary stat vs. a lower level one that's loaded with your primary stat.

Pretty sure this stuff is just completely random gear. Not some dude tryin to build a gearset. Dont understand why people are reading so much into it.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    What was the barbarian super saiyan move thing?

Pretty sure that was caused by the fury orb topping out.

• Options
    SkabSkab Registered User regular
    Is it May yet?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    What is this 'SS'-like thing in the Barb video people keep going on about? I missed it.. somehow.

• Options
    valiancevaliance Registered User regular
    how did they figure out the barbs gear in that video?

• Options
    TopiaTopia Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/class/barbarian/active/wrath-of-the-berserker

also:
    valiance wrote: »
    how did they figure out the barbs gear in that video?

they paused it

Topia on
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »

Pretty sure this stuff is just completely random gear. Not some dude tryin to build a gearset. Dont understand why people are reading so much into it.
    I'm just going based on
    This image is supposedly the gear for the Barb from the above video.
    since this thread is all the D3 I can see at work.

That said, my point still remains completely valid whether or not that's the gear he's using.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Can anyone make a game in D2? My friend and I can't seem to do it.

This discussion has been closed.