As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NYC/NJ] hangout thread: so, what are you doing this weekend?

• BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    riz wrote: »
    Mostly when I say "decent" I mean "stadium seating"... not a big IMAX person anyway.
    if by stadium seating you mean folding metal chairs on a flat concrete floor then yes, this place has stadium seating!

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    BEAST! wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    :bz
    THE GREAT JERSEY CITY/NYC MARVEL MARATHON
    In which we watch every single Marvel Studios Movie in order, before going to See The Avengers on the Big Screen, in celebration of Kickass movies AND Tape's birthday

Place: Fort Kickass, aka synd and nexus's abode
    Date: HOPING for Saturday the 5th of May, but @tapeslinger needs to see if she can have that day off.
    Time: This will be literally Ten Hours long, AND a trip to the theater. So we are gonna have to start the films early, like 9:30am so that we can make it to the theater before 9pm to see the Avengers.

9:30am
    Iron Man

11:45am
    Incredible Hulk

1:45pm
    Iron Man 2

4:00pm
    Thor

6:00pm
    Captain America

This wraps up around 8:00pm, giving us ample time to make it to our local theater, which absolutely will be airing a 9-10:00pm-ish showing of the film.

This will be an epic display of geekdom. We will order pizzas, have alcohol and other fun stuff on tap, and are going to make this a day of fun and nerdish revelry.
    i am unsure if i can make it for most of this..SHIT BALLS...i will need to run for like 5 hours that day, the amount i expect to drink probably means i won't be able to do it on sunday...FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    Criminy, I mean we will be doing some serious drankin' but not like hungover as balls drankin'
    bring your sillyfeet shoes and run in JC Sunday after you get up, go run in Liberty State Park or something

(BEAST! was all like trying to see if we would switch location to his place in IRC, but then we'd have to hunt down a new theater, and then inevitably BEAST! will come down with a mysterious gastrointestinal disorder hours prior to the big day and then, bam, stuck with nowhere to go)

• tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    riz wrote: »
    Mostly when I say "decent" I mean "stadium seating"... not a big IMAX person anyway.
    if by stadium seating you mean folding metal chairs on a flat concrete floor then yes, this place has stadium seating!

Whatever you say, Cat Puncher, puncher of cats

• TomeWyrmTomeWyrm A Limited Liability Partnership Registered User regular
    Man I'm so down for this.

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Yeah, no offense to BEAST! but he has not been super reliable and three of us are already here, and we have a bigass TV, a kickass italian /. chinese / bar fare delivery service, three local liquor stores and a theater 10 minutes walk from our front door.

It's pretty much the perfect location.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    But we still love ya, BEAST!

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    what is this i hear about chinese delivery

in that case

fuck y'all and your pizza

general tso's kitten for this guy

maybe some crab rangoon

i don't live well

syndalis wrote: »
    Yeah, no offense to BEAST! but he has not been super reliable and three of us are already here, and we have a bigass TV, a kickass italian /. chinese / bar fare delivery service, three local liquor stores and a theater 10 minutes walk from our front door.

It's pretty much the perfect location.
    I like that this was taken as a serious option. Of course it couldn't happen here, I suck....come on you guys.

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    I...might really want to do this

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
    HOLY SHIT

A wild Hakks appears!

You are of course super welcome, the more the merrier!

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Guys I have come down with flesh eating bacteria, whoops not gonna make it

dfzn9elrnajf.png
    Hakkekage wrote: »

Please oh please oh please!

Okay, so short of Tape's boss being unreasonable, this event is happening on the 5th of May, starting at 9:30am and running until the avengers ends in our local theater sometime after 11pm.

fuck yeah.
    Guys I have come down with flesh eating bacteria

Please oh please oh please!
    ;-)

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • LitejediLitejedi New York CityRegistered User regular
    We're going to PAX, so... see you there if you are too?

3DS FC: 1907-9450-1017
    lj_graaaaahhhhh.gif
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Ahhh dang. Accidentally scheduled a thing on the fifth. Are y'all sure that's when it's gonna be? Might be able to catch some of it

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Do it on the 12th IMO kk thx

By the 12th most of us nerds will have seen the avengers.

This is our way of doing it while it remains fresh.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    I should have known to expect this from you, Synd.

the-pickup-artist.jpg

I am pretty awful.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    that dude is trolling reality

MyDcmbr wrote: »
    Have you people heard about this?

http://www.everclearonline.com/

I "squee'd" when I heard about it. I will be buying VIP tickets when they go on sale and making the 7hour drive to Atlanta to see the show.

GUYS
    GUYS
    GUYS

This is happening!
    This is a thing that is happening!

(ignore the Gin Blossoms)

Deebaser wrote: »
    MyDcmbr wrote: »
    Have you people heard about this?

http://www.everclearonline.com/

I "squee'd" when I heard about it. I will be buying VIP tickets when they go on sale and making the 7hour drive to Atlanta to see the show.

GUYS
    GUYS
    GUYS

This is happening!
    This is a thing that is happening!

(ignore the Gin Blossoms)

Holy crap, 1997 called
    they want their summer tour back

what is the general admission? My phone refuses to cooperate with the site

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I hit ticket prices and it said $50

maybe it's a joke though

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    62.50 for floor tickets, not VIP.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    so I know its a holiday weekend but would there be any interest in board games tomorrow?

I canty figure out how to buy GA tickets

Deebaser wrote: »
    I canty figure out how to buy GA tickets

GA tickets?

Why GA?

SW-4158-3990-6116
    edited April 2012
    Oh Roseland... I was thinking Hammerstein for some reason. I can't remember the last time I went to Roseland. Is there ticketed seating? Even so, wouldn't GA be better if a coalition of randoms wanted to buy tickets?

Edit: Actually I was thinking Terminal 5, not Hammerstein. I don't know why I typed Hammerstein. That's some weird semi pathological shit, that is.

Deebaser on
    I am actually beginning to plot out my Alternity game, folks.

I will not start running it until late May or early June most likely, but I do have some serious goals for the game which will demand I take a bit of time to get it right:

* I want each session to be self contained, with a story that can be completed in a single sitting, that ties into a larger plot.
    * I want each character to have at least one episode where their background / skillset makes them the central character.
    * I want the larger plot to be realized by the fifth and final session.

I feel like this structure will make it easy for people to miss a session and not cause the whole game to lurch, as the start of each session will be a new assignment being handed to "the team" - if there is a substitute agent, or one guy is off helping his family with a problem, no big deal.

Again, seriously think of Fringe as the episodic and narrative structure of this game. The problems will be different and the organization you work for will be VERY different, but you being a member of a team investigating the bizarre and paranormal, trying to understand why it is happening and trying to stop a really bad thing from occurring in a modern day, northeastern US setting? Yeah, that's the overplot in a nutshell.

The sooner I start getting concepts from people; not stats or anything... just "I want to be the guy that can shoot things" or "I want to be a forensic scientist" or "Cat burglar" or "con man" or whatever... I can start doing stuff. If you want to write a past for yourself, all the better.

For now, if you are interested, just answer these simple questions:

1) What are you really good at? What do you do to pay the bills?

2) Do you have any family, friends? People you care about? If so, who?

3) Pick your Motivation from the list below - If you don't see one you like, we can work on making one. Playing your motivation will aware you with extra experience to advance your character.
    All for Love, Can't Get Enough, Deeper Meaning, Discovery, Finding the Truth, Fun First, Helping Others, Tying Up Loose Ends, On a Mission, Acquiring Personal Power, Staying Alive, Trust in a Higher Power, Vengeance, Winning is Everything, Yearning to Learn

4) Pick a Moral Attitude - Same as the Motivation - use this as a roleplaying aid. Playing the one you pick will award extra XP.
    Anti-authority, Apathetic, Conformist, Corrupt, Despicable, Ethical, Gallant, Honorable, Just, Selfish, Unscrupulous, Virtuous, Worldly

5) Pick two character traits - These are just adjectives that describe how your character should act most of the time. They should not feel like shackles, but playing close to these will reward you bonus experience. this list is literally as long as there are personality trait based adjectives, so I will not type all of them. We are all smart people; just use these as a frame of reference and come up with your own.
    Agressive, Amoral, Compassionate, Foppish, Frivolous, Dependent, Logical, Humorless, Rude, Suspicious, Trusting, Kind, etc. etc.

This will give me all I need to start building stuff for your characters. Looking forward to getting this game off the ground!

SW-4158-3990-6116
    I think i'm free this sunday

also we were considering a 'meet the boy' happy hour at some point

edited April 2012
    Are we gonna have to pretend to be normal

like not nerdy people you met off the Internet. I mean

tapeslinger on
    I am pro-happy hour

Are we gonna have to pretend to be normal

like not nerdy people you met off the Internet. I mean

Cat ears and orgy masks all round

He's as big a dork as i am just in different ways.

Oh and I have the croton house to myself this coming Saturday... Would anyone be up for a small get together if they can make it out? Thinking about doing some grilling maybe board games. Could sleep some peeps too

• EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    I've had the "month of guest visits" wrap up and now I'm going away apparently for a birthday I'm having? But Rita and I are keeping an eye here; we're not disappeared :D You guys are too chill for that.

|| Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • LitejediLitejedi New York CityRegistered User regular

Oh and I have the croton house to myself this coming Saturday... Would anyone be up for a small get together if they can make it out? Thinking about doing some grilling maybe board games. Could sleep some peeps too

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssshhhhh.

If we can.

3DS FC: 1907-9450-1017
    lj_graaaaahhhhh.gif

Man I'd love another Eddyhouse Party, but my mom is actually coming to the city this weekend, so I fear I'm going to be completely unavailable for such an event. A happy hour sometime in the near future would be nice though!

@syndalis Do you want us to post our answers to those character questions here or would you prefer it if we sent them to you via PM?

TomeWyrm wrote: »
    @syndalis Do you want us to post our answers to those character questions here or would you prefer it if we sent them to you via PM?
    PM, in the thread, whatever you are comfortable with.

Right now I (think) I have you, @Deebaser (!!!) and @nexuscrawler as definite players... would like to get 1-2 more if possible.

this game really will only run once a month or so, so it won;t be a major time commitment.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    I will be sending my questionaire via messenger bear