As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Guild Wars] You can still get Hall of Monument rewards for GW2

• VerboseVerbose That one guy over there. That guy. Registered User regular
    Well as it is my current build for my warrior only has a single knockdown as an interrupt, and actually, if it weren't for the fact that he is resistant to knockdown I could probably stomp him. As it is my standard fighting combo has me alternated my Dragon slash elite with that deldrimor track knockdown skill. When I have that shout that doubles adrenaline gain up I can alternate between to two.

Anyway, I guess I have to try one of those other strategies. It is just really annoying to go through that whole mission only to fail at the last moment...

• DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Verbose wrote: »
    Well as it is my current build for my warrior only has a single knockdown as an interrupt, and actually, if it weren't for the fact that he is resistant to knockdown I could probably stomp him. As it is my standard fighting combo has me alternated my Dragon slash elite with that deldrimor track knockdown skill. When I have that shout that doubles adrenaline gain up I can alternate between to two.

Anyway, I guess I have to try one of those other strategies. It is just really annoying to go through that whole mission only to fail at the last moment...

If you want to use knockdown to take out Shiro, add Wanderlust and Earthbind (and Stonefist Insignia) to your overall build. A single knockdown doesn't work against Shiro because Impossible Odds pops out in 1/4 of a second and it recharges every 5 seconds (and you need a minimum of 3 seconds knockdown to even get it off), but adding Wanderlust and Earthbind means your knockdowns occur repeatedly, without the need for manual control, and for long enough that he'll basically get quarterknocked into oblivion.

• VerboseVerbose That one guy over there. That guy. Registered User regular
    Yeah I have seen the effectiveness of that when I fought Razah in the Norn Fighting Tourny. Knockdowns everywhere D:

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Bam, 30 HoM points. Time to take a break from Guild Wars for a bit. :P

What is this I don't even.
  • unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    Ormuss wrote: »
    Man, I've owned all the GW games for a long, long time, and never completed any of the campaigns.

Of course I became interested in GW2, so I started playing these in the hopes of getting some HoM points.

Could not be more overwhelmed. Every guide I read just makes me more confused. Starting to think I should completely ignore HoM until I've completed all 3 campaigns plus EotN, and then if there's still time, worry about it then. Otherwise I might be turning a game into work here...

first of all, love your avatar

second, what's your username?

• OrmussOrmuss Registered User regular
    Man, I've owned all the GW games for a long, long time, and never completed any of the campaigns.

Of course I became interested in GW2, so I started playing these in the hopes of getting some HoM points.

Could not be more overwhelmed. Every guide I read just makes me more confused. Starting to think I should completely ignore HoM until I've completed all 3 campaigns plus EotN, and then if there's still time, worry about it then. Otherwise I might be turning a game into work here...

My character name is Antenora Novis. I'm getting into what I assume are the final stages of the Nightfall campaign now.

My character name is Antenora Novis. I'm getting into what I assume are the final stages of the Nightfall campaign now.

want to join our guild? it's semi-active and people can answer questions/help out

want to join our guild? it's semi-active and people can answer questions/help out

Sure, that'd be much appreciated, thank you. :)

I'll probably be playing tonight around 7 or 8 est; shall I message someone in particular?

I'll probably be playing tonight around 7 or 8 est; shall I message someone in particular?

i tried sending an invite now but i couldn't because you're already in a guild :(

in game you gotta go to the guild menu (G), click the little icon to the left of your username in the roster, then hit Leave My Guild

and then someone here'll hook you up

i tried sending an invite now but i couldn't because you're already in a guild :(

in game you gotta go to the guild menu (G), click the little icon to the left of your username in the roster, then hit Leave My Guild

and then someone here'll hook you up

Oh right, forgot about that. Tis a guild composed of just me at this point, heh.
    Actually, I have a sec, I will log in and leave the guild right now, and then the invite can be resent whenever.

• EntriechEntriech ? ? ? ? ? Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I'll try to break it down as easily as possible in terms of the quickest, simplest way to get to 30 points in the Hall of Monuments. The hall breaks down to 5 categories. Mini pets, Heroes with Armour, Titles, Prestige Armor, and Prestige Weapons. Costs in this will be expressed in K, referring to 1000 gold.

Mini pets (5 points):
    For the most part, miniatures will be purchased from other players, or received from birthday presents your characters have accumulated over the years. Your goal here would be to secure 18 minatures that are white or purple (common or uncommon). Undedicated year one whites go for 2-3k each, and year twos go for 5kish each. You will then need to purchase one undedicated rare (gold) miniature, and they generally cost around 50kish, depending on which one. You can then complete the Black Moa Chick questline to received a free unique (green) miniature. This will give you 20 minis, with 1 rare, and 1 unique, for five points.

Heroes with Armour (8 points):
    Work to secure access to every hero listed on the monument. Each one can have their armour upgraded cosmetically via a special item. For Nightfall heroes, there are a selection of challenge missions that reward armour scraps. Using these scraps you can upgrade each hero's armour. Once their armour is upgraded, they can be dedicated to the hall of monuments for points. These scraps can also be purchased if you're in a hurry or can't do a corresponding challenge mission. Generally a scrap will go for 5-10kish depending on which it is. There are also 4 pets that can be dedicated in the Hall. The Black Moa, the Imperial Phoenix, the Black Widow Spider, and any other level 20 pet. There's a questline to spawn the Black Moa for taming, the phoenix is available to tame after finishing the last Factions mission, the Black Widow is easy to acquire once you have an established hero team and build, and leveling any other pet to 20 is simple.

Titles (9 points):
    You will need to work on acquiring 10 different titles to put in your Hall of Monuments. Suggestions include: 3 titles, one for finishing each campaign (Hero of). 3 titles, one for finishing each mission with bonus/master reward (Protector of). 3 titles, one for vanquishing each campaign's explorable areas on hard mode (Vanquisher of). 1 title for finishing Sorrow's Furnace (Eternal Conquerer of Sorrow's Furnace). 3 titles, one for finishing each campaign mission on hard mode with bonus/master reward (Guardian of). 1 title for acquiring all Protector/Guardian titles (Legendary Guardian). 1 title for acquiring all Vanquisher titles (Legendary Vanquisher).
    Those are just some of the easier suggestions. Do whatever works best for you.

Armor (5 points):
    Purchase 4 sets of Prestige Armor. Go for whichever ones are cheapest for you that are not Obsidian, Vabbian, Kurzick, or Luxon armor. You only need to purchase the boots, legs, chest, and gloves of any particular set to dedicate it to your Hall of Monuments. The largest expense will be the crafting cost (typically 10k per piece or more). You also need to purchase a set of Kurzick or Luxon armor. The special materials for this set can be purchased as normal, or can be earned by competing in Factions reputation farming and trading the reputation for the special materials (Jadeite shards for luxon, Amber for kurzicks).

Weapons (3 points):
    After completing the 3 campaigns and Eye of the North, complete the War in Kryta bonus content. By following through that questline, you will earn an Oppressor weapon. Assemble the materials/gold to purchase a Destroyer weapon. Materials-wise, these cost around 70k at the moment, though prices to fluctuate based on demand.

There, that gets you 30 points easily. Of course you can vary the approach up, say acquire more titles to get more points there so you don't have to buy as many things, but it's up to you. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me, I'm happy to help.

• AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    So basically: yea, play the game first, if you're not enjoying yourself you'd hate the grind.

There is definitely no reason to fiddle with HoM till you've finished Prophecies, Factions, Nightfall AND EotN campaigns. A: You need access to all those places, plus the titles for beating everything, to really get any points. B: You'll have plenty of time to figure out how things work before you start the hard stuff. Plus, you'll be doing the fun, story-driven content without getting bogged down in anything grindy.

I would say, though, that you shouldn't get too caught up in doing non-plotline quests, because if you go down that rabbit hole you'll come out six months from now, wondering where the fuck you've been/

• Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    You shouldn't be worried about it till you finish at least one campaign anyway. And finishing all 3 is going to get you to like 8 hom points anyway. Just do like 2 hours of eotn and it should make sense.
    By the time you finish a campaign that should be enough time to learn the game.

Excellent...this advice is much appreciated. I'll try to refrain from going overboard on the non-story quests...I assume any that would reward me with a new hero would be fairly obvious? Like the ones for the necro and the assassin that I found early on in Nightfall?

Excellent...this advice is much appreciated. I'll try to refrain from going overboard on the non-story quests...I assume any that would reward me with a new hero would be fairly obvious? Like the ones for the necro and the assassin that I found early on in Nightfall?

there's a couple others that are SLIGHTLY more esoteric, but there's a little victory area when you beat nightfall and it includes all of the possible heroes and they all have quests called "Gain ____" where you just talk to one npc and then you get the hero

There's also 5 easy heroes near the start of Eye of the North (if you have bought it already, that is). Basically: do the mission leading up to Eye of the North (town) and then move north to the Norn town and play the fighting tournament for a bit until you get 2 more heroes. Along with NF's first few quests you can at least sport a 7 hero team from the get-go, which is probably more enjoyable than dealing with retarded henchmen.

• Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    With base skills henchmen are much better than heroes though. however nightfall seems to be balanced around hero progression.
    But untill you get solid builds on them, the heroes are much more pitiful.

• n2lognn2logn Registered User regular
    I'm new to GW and could definitely use some advice on how to play well and gather HoM points.

My character is Raina Spiritwind

n2logn wrote: »
    I'm new to GW and could definitely use some advice on how to play well and gather HoM points.

My character is Raina Spiritwind

sent you a invite!

• BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I would be hugely indebted (and willing to pay) if anyone with nightfall can get me a stupid Drake Kabob (requires 1 chunk of drake flesh) so i can give Lt thackery his last item. I don't have NF, and all the non-NF based foods are a bitch to acquire (due to craptastic drop rates on the items needed). This is for the WiK quest.

Bullhead on
    96058.png?1619393207
    i just farmed the iboga petals in the zone outside kamadan for five to ten minutes
    it was boring
    but it got the job done

i just farmed the iboga petals in the zone outside kamadan for five to ten minutes
    it was boring
    but it got the job done

Also requires nightfall :P I'm ok with getting the food made from those as well, really anything to satisfy precious LT thackery...

Forgot to include in the other post, char name is Nahka Krustov.

96058.png?1619393207
  • vhzodvhzod Registered User regular
    I want to get more points for my Hom but I'm having trouble finding people to play with. Is the PA Guild Wars guild still active? If so could I get an invite? Who should I talk to about that?

• SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Bullhead wrote: »
    it was boring
    but it got the job done

Also requires nightfall :P I'm ok with getting the food made from those as well, really anything to satisfy precious LT thackery...

I have a chunk of drake flesh in my stash I can convert into a kabob for you. I think I can get on tonight but if not it'll have to be tomorrow night. Is that ok?

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
    vhzod wrote: »
    I want to get more points for my Hom but I'm having trouble finding people to play with. Is the PA Guild Wars guild still active? If so could I get an invite? Who should I talk to about that?

hi what's your username

• GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    i like that you can invite people now

edited April 2012
    Geod wrote: »
    i like that you can invite people now

hahahaha

i'm pretty sure i got promoted entirely for that reason

edit: that being said i'm gonna be at school ALL DAY starting in twenty minutes so you might have to field this one

unintentional on
  • vhzodvhzod Registered User regular
    The char I'm on right now is called Umbral Bliss

sent!

Should I sell these chocolate bunnies and golden eggs from (I assume) the easter event? I have no idea what the bunnies in particular are for, but I can't see them having a purpose relevant to me, and I see people buying them...

Should I sell these chocolate bunnies and golden eggs from (I assume) the easter event? I have no idea what the bunnies in particular are for, but I can't see them having a purpose relevant to me, and I see people buying them...
    Gives you a run speed in towns and outposts, but most importantly they count towards your Sweet Tooth title.

• HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    Bunnies were selling for ~100-150g each and eggs for ~300g each.

Entaru wrote: »
    Bullhead wrote: »
    it was boring
    but it got the job done

I have a chunk of drake flesh in my stash I can convert into a kabob for you. I think I can get on tonight but if not it'll have to be tomorrow night. Is that ok?

Either would rock. I'm working on sorrow's furnace now, then willl probably go work on leveling some pets for HoM, so it's ok by me to stall out WiK for a day or two.

96058.png?1619393207

Yes. They are for HoM titles that you are incredibly unlikely to ever reach (1 million gold or so required). Instead, sell them now and put them towards armors you CAN afford.

• SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Huggles wrote: »
    Bunnies were selling for ~100-150g each and eggs for ~300g each.

Oh man, I should have bit the bullet and sold the ones I had instead of just mindlessly comping on them. I hate selling things that don't go on vendors in GW, though. Freaking Spamadan.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • SquiddyBiscuitSquiddyBiscuit Registered User regular
    Is it that hard to get the Sweet tooth and drunkard titles at max?
    I know it costs about 2k plat for each one, but that's only if you buy all the stuff you need, I imagine it's a lot easier if you just drink/eat all the consumables you need as you play through all the events.

steam_sig.png
    Is it that hard to get the Sweet tooth and drunkard titles at max?
    I know it costs about 2k plat for each one, but that's only if you buy all the stuff you need, I imagine it's a lot easier if you just drink/eat all the consumables you need as you play through all the events.

The way I'm seeing it: it's easy if you started last year, if you're only just starting out they are needlessly big grinds.

Depends. Can you find 7-10,000 pieces of candy while playing?