As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

babbits. chrildrens

• HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    Druhim wrote: »
    knew I didn't want kids back years ago so getting snipped when I was in my early 30s was a pretty easy decision
    and if for some reason I decide (along with my partner) that I do want kids after all, there's always adoption

Remarkably, he was in his 30's while living in the 30's.

Not the 1930's either.

• PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    For all you ladies out there try to get pregnant before 40 cause you know, infertility

also Down's Syndrome

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Hunter wrote: »
    Druhim wrote: »
    knew I didn't want kids back years ago so getting snipped when I was in my early 30s was a pretty easy decision
    and if for some reason I decide (along with my partner) that I do want kids after all, there's always adoption

Remarkably, he was in his 30's while living in the 30's.

Not the 1930's either.

That reminds me of this shirt my wife bought me: http://www.threadless.com/product/1154/I_Love_The_Eighteen_80_s

JtgVX0H.png
  • KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    Just make babies

You can teach them stuff

Teach your child that bananas are called motherfuckers

he doesnt know any better

Having kids is constant entertainment

• HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    Paladin wrote: »
    For all you ladies out there try to get pregnant before 40 cause you know, infertility

also Down's Syndrome

Comrade Obama's death panels will eliminate all Down's Syndrome babies for white christians.

• NewtronNewtron Registered User regular
    I've got insurance now and I've been wanting to get snip-snapped for years. Everyone I talk to around town tells me the same thing though: that doctors won't do it unless you jump through a bunch of menial hoops that they think up to try and get you to change your mind.

So I looked it up to see what that was all about and it turns out it's just some people forcing their pro-family ideals on others, that there's really no legal basis behind it, and all I really need to do is find someone who is not a dipshit.

Then someone on the faceybook posted this a week ago: http://techcitement.com/culture/the-best-birth-control-in-the-world-is-for-men/

It sounds like the thing mensch was talking about. I'm kind of skeptical about it, but only because of ignorance.

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »
    I feel like permanent contraception is one of those things that one might regret in their future

it's not like getting your tubes snipped is the only way to avoid getting someone pregnant

but if you do then you can't really go back

It is possible to get a vasectomy reversed.

It's not actually as successful as many think

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I really love kids and being an educator but I have no plans to have children of my own.

And as other people have said, if I was in a relationship or place in my life where that desire changed, I would prefer to adopt rather than have a child of my own.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    The hilariously sad thing is adoption is waaaaaaay more expensive, time consuming and fraught with problems than just making your own :(

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Woops, a little late for me

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Janson wrote: »
    The hilariously sad thing is adoption is waaaaaaay more expensive, time consuming and fraught with problems than just making your own :(

That's why you take one from the playground

2x39jD4.jpg
    just bank your sperm before you do it cause there's a good chance you'll be infertile even after the reversal

because of that immune thing, doesn't matter if they reopen the tube

Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    Sometimes I catch myself wanting kids a bit. But I am years away from being financially stable enough to have any.

Also I would be a shitty,shitty father right now. I still got brain problems.

Also I really worry sometimes about the possibility of any of my potential children having depression. It is not a thing I would want for them. I mean I would know how to help them handle it but I still feel like it would be a shitty thing to inflict on another human being.

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    I really do love kids, especially my nephew. My brother doesn't really treat him right, neither does his mum, so me and my parents usually take care of him. Since I've started helping him out with his homework, he's gone from getting zero on spelling tests to full marks consistently. I think that's one of the things I'm truly thankful for this past year, that I've been able to connect with him and be a role model.

And just this morning earlier I surprised him with tickets to the Harry Potter exhibition they have on here, which is ending tomorrow.

Surprising kids with gifts is the best thing.

Artreus wrote: »
    Sometimes I catch myself wanting kids a bit. But I am years away from being financially stable enough to have any.

Also I really worry sometimes about the possibility of any of my potential children having depression. It is not a thing I would want for them. I mean I would know how to help them handle it but I still feel like it would be a shitty thing to inflict on another human being.

not one of the big hereditary things to worry about but it's there

• Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    Knob wrote: »
    Just make babies

You can teach them stuff

Teach your child that bananas are called motherfuckers

he doesnt know any better

Having kids is constant entertainment

:shock:

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    i hope one day i can have many children and feed them all with foodstamps

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Personally I'm looking forward to having a kid

it'll be cool

and finally someone will laugh at my jokes (until she learns better, I figure I got about eight years)

• MateyMatey see, look how sad i am now give me your wallet.Registered User regular
    ridin round town in a beamer

buyin government cheese

straight stuntin

• SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Darmak, don't underestimate ladies.

They will spit semen out of their other canals and put it in their baby canals.

Devious fucking witches.

I love this.

So great.

• YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Sier and I are planning to have kids, eventually.

• KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    Gonna get some of my stuff popped in a freezer for safe keeping before I take care of it permanently.

• nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    Don't cum in ladies.

Problem solved.

Everyone get the gay.

If you know someone who has the gay, hang out with them for a while and maybe you'll get the gay.

Make sure you get it as soon as possible, though. If you catch the gay when you are older it will be much more crazy.

Mission accomplished!~ :D

nevillexmassig1.png
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    just bank your sperm before you do it cause there's a good chance you'll be infertile even after the reversal

because of that immune thing, doesn't matter if they reopen the tube

shit costs like a grand though

gonna talk to my doc about that and see if health plan + communist canada healthcare helps

Artreus wrote: »

yeah this is the thing

i am neurologically incapable of bein' a good dad in the way i would want to

i grew up in a family fulla undiagnosed mental illness and i ain't want to continue that pattern

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I am going to sire some heirs just as soon as I find a willing woman.

I wanna have daughters. There are enough damn boys in my family.

• ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I'll give you some daughters if you really want them, Pipe.

edited April 2012
    not having depression is no guarantee your kids won't have it, and unless you have huntington's or a couple of others the chance of you passing it on is rare or at least dubitable

at least you won't write it off and tell them to quit bein pussies

Paladin on
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I'm probably sterile by now. Ain't too many worries over here.

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
    brain problems are like the least hereditary thing

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »
    I'm probably sterile by now. Ain't too many worries over here.

hi 5!

• UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    As of Friday morning I have a bionic uterus

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I am ready to get my shit permanently sealed off. I've got 2 kids, that's plenty.

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    to me I would love to have a kid someday

I'd love to be married and have a family and junk

who knows if that'll ever happen though

Usagi wrote: »

attack womb?

• UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Usagi wrote: »

attack womb?

More of a first line womb defense system

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    If someone is interested in buying a baby my wife and I could produce another one I suppose. Our kids are super cute.

to me I would love to have a kid someday

I'd love to be married and have a family and junk

who knows if that'll ever happen though

hey one out of three's not bad

• DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    brain problems are like the least hereditary thing

no I'm

pretty sure that's not right

• ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    Paladin, I am not convinced you know what you are talking about re: the hereditary nature of mental illness.

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus