As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat] Syrup

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »
    The only anime I would like is anime that has no big eyes oversized breasts or people stupidly kamikazing themselves while their friends look on in awe and respect.

So. Not anime then.
    voltron.jpg

Ah those were better days.

For my birthday, my Mom (or was it my Dad?) bought me a metal Voltron. It was heavy, the lions snapped together with a satisfying *CLICK*, and even the sword was metal. It was an excellent, well-made toy ... and then it was recalled. I never figured out why. Lead paint or some stupid kid poked his eye out with the metal sword, I don't know. I had to turn it in and got a wimpy cheap plastic Voltron replacement. The door that connected the yellow lion snapped off, the green lion lost a plastic leg, and I think I lost one of the red wings on Voltron's back.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    the drunker abdhy gets the more borkborkbork he gets

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    That is worse than cancer eminem.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    God, Sakuracon is this weekend. They need to segregate the buses. Like, force them to ride in the back or something, so I don't have to be around that.

• Options
    i'm gonna use a drug analogy with regards to how i feel about anime and anime fans

so there's different gradients of drug users and drugs they use

there's like, the guy who is successful and has a job and a wife and on weekends he likes to smoke a little bit of pot

and then there's the jittery guy who has a new apartment every two months and he gums crystal meth

and a full gradient of people in between

i feel like the guy who goes "Hey, you know what I ain't done in a while? Toked up a bit"

and the friends of mine i know are still into drugs are like "oh duuuude we should go to this guy's house. well it's not so much his house as the city condemned it and he lives there, but he's got a couch and we can take turns huffing this bag of gasoline for the fumes, don't mind the dog shit, man that dog is hilarious"

i'm all

"jesus christ"

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Adventure Time creeps the shit outta me

• Options
    Thanatos wrote: »
    God, Sakuracon is this weekend. They need to segregate the buses. Like, force them to ride in the back or something, so I don't have to be around that.

You start segregating them and there will be chants. "We shall overcome, desu!"

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    The only anime I would like is anime that has no big eyes oversized breasts or people stupidly kamikazing themselves while their friends look on in awe and respect.

So. Not anime then.
    voltron.jpg

For my birthday, my Mom (or was it my Dad?) bought me a metal Voltron. It was heavy, the lions snapped together with a satisfying *CLICK*, and even the sword was metal. It was an excellent, well-made toy ... and then it was recalled. I never figured out why. Lead paint or some stupid kid poked his eye out with the metal sword, I don't know. I had to turn it in and got a wimpy cheap plastic Voltron replacement. The door that connected the yellow lion snapped off, the green lion lost a plastic leg, and I think I lost one of the red wings on Voltron's back.
    I think I still have my heavy-ass metal Voltron. That thing was the fucking best.

• Options
    tumblr_m226heytuU1qfy2kdo1_r1_500.gif

• Options
    Tav wrote: »

See you in the nightosphere you sick freak.

• Options
    Tav wrote: »

Adventure Time suckerpunches you

it pretends to be this wacky kid's show and then suddenly hits you with FUCKED UP DARKNESS and you're like what

it's like if they let Jon Kricfalusi run Spongebob

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    i'm gonna use a drug analogy with regards to how i feel about anime and anime fans

there's like, the guy who is successful and has a job and a wife and on weekends he likes to smoke a little bit of pot

and then there's the jittery guy who has a new apartment every two months and he gums crystal meth

i feel like the guy who goes "Hey, you know what I ain't done in a while? Toked up a bit"

and the friends of mine i know are still into drugs are like "oh duuuude we should go to this guy's house. well it's not so much his house as the city condemned it and he lives there, but he's got a couch and we can take turns huffing this bag of gasoline for the fumes, don't mind the dog shit, man that dog is hilarious"

i'm all

"jesus christ"

Trying to figure out how this analogy works for me, as I pretty much only watch anime at a Con once a year.

• Options
    i only had one experience with a toy recall when i was a kid

i had an Iceman from the original, very first run of Toy Biz X-Men action figures

they all had little gimmicky things. Cyclops' visor lights up, Wolverine's claws were retractable, etc.

Iceman's thing is he was clear but if you put him in the freezer he'd turn blue or something

something like that?

anyway point is the plastic they made him of, that does that color-changing thing based on temperature?

yeah that's fucking toxic

so they did a recall and my mom found out about it and took my Iceman away

i was pretty upset

I had a complete set

• Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    killallnerds.exe

I'm having a killallpeople.exe day

fucking people are just....argh

JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    you do mushrooms as a "spiritual thing" once a year

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Fucking hell this Indian dude on this episode of psych has the exact same voice as the Indian dude on big bang theory.

Stereotypes man.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    shrooms are pretty much one of those drugs i can recommend practically without reservation

year+ permanent bonuses to mood

dat shit aint fuckin about

neuroscience sez get ur shroom on kidz

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Podly wrote: »

Hahah, this is perfect. PERFECT.

• Options
    edited April 2012

So. Not anime then.
    voltron.jpg

I think I still have my heavy-ass metal Voltron. That thing was the fucking best.

:evil: :evil: :evil:

emnmnme on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »

i'm all

"jesus christ"

Trying to figure out how this analogy works for me, as I pretty much only watch anime at a Con once a year.

You only do drugs once a year, but you do it in a back alley on a mattress with 3 guys who want to rape you.

JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    shrooms are pretty much one of those drugs i can recommend practically without reservation

I doubt the voracity of your research.

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular

So. Not anime then.
    voltron.jpg

:evil: :evil: :evil:

I was in a store here that is sort of part music shop/toy shop and they have one of those for $40 but it doesn't come with the pilots. Still, I want it.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    Podly wrote: »

hahahahahaha this sounds about right

• Options

i used to do shrooms

i've told stories about it

bad stories

(admittedly the good stories aren't as entertaining

"one time i did shrooms and i laid around my buddy's living room for a few hours and we watched Winamp visualizations on his TV of drum + bass songs, the end")

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    actually kagera my research does not eat very much bro

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    something something bill hicks

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    yeah, doing shrooms every once and a while is rad

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    god the argument i had with my mom about the Iceman toy

"MOOOOOM! THAT ISN'T FAIR!"

"They said it's toxic."

"YEAH IF YOU LIKE, CHEW ON IT. WHAT AM I, 4?! I DON'T CHEW ON MY TOYS"

"yes well your brothers might I won't risk it"

I think she bought me something else as a compensatory thing but I was pretty raw about it for a while

• Options
    http://jop.sagepub.com/content/early/2011/09/28/0269881111420188

note that openness is correlated with life satisfaction

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0191886909002451

so get those shrooms on breh

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Hoping to find pictures of nerds wearing anime cosplay, I just now typed 'desu' into photobucket's search bar. These two images were next to each other.
    desu.jpg
    desu.jpg

• Options
    actually kagera my research does not eat very much bro

Dammit I have been hoisted by own picard.

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Adventure Time is God.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Oh, hey, chat, how's it goi--

Hoping to find pictures of nerds wearing anime cosplay, I just now typed 'desu' into photobucket's search bar. These two images were next to each other.
    desu.jpg
    desu.jpg

Never mind, I'm going to go play video games.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options

So when I get arrested I can quote your research as proof I was using for purely medical reasons right?

• Options
    Feral wrote: »
    Oh, hey, chat, how's it goi--

desu.jpg
    desu.jpg

Never mind, I'm going to go play video games.

feral i want you to know i laughed really hard at this post

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Listen to this, its a local band, fucking fantastic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7dv69jDU0k

• Options
    they cant arrest you bro

you will just channel the power of the shamanic entheogens coursing through your system and machine elves will transport them to a higher plane of consciousness

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    yarrrr

I hates the sea and everything innit.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    riemannlives, the land pirate

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    i am so bad at league of legends

This discussion has been closed.