As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

At key no longer working - WTF?!

ThirithThirith Registered User regular
For some odd reason my at key (AltGr + 2) has stopped working. Other combinations with AltGr, such as the Euro sign, still work, as do other combinations with 2, but AltGr + 2 results in a big, fat nothing.

Help would be much appreciated. After all, it does happen every now and then that I need to enter an e-mail address!

Note: My computer's got Win7 (64bit) installed and the at sign doesn't seem to work in any programme.

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
"Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
Thirith on

• Options
    Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    Have you tried cleaning the keyboard?

Could be some crumb or bit of fluff is stopping the 2 from depressing fully. I can't imagine it'd be a software error, seems oddly specific.

• Options
    The individual keys still work properly, as does Shift with 2 or Alt Gr with other keys - although now that I've checked, the same happens with Alt Gr + 3 (which should produce the hash sign). So weird...

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • Options
    Could perhaps try uninstalling the drivers through device manager, then plugging the keyboard in again and let Windows reinstall them.

• Options
    Good idea, will give it a try.

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
  • Options
    Thirith wrote: »
    Good idea, will give it a try.

Cool, let me know how it goes.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Found out what the problem was... and I could kick myself, because a) my PC senses tingled, whispering that it could be something like this, but I ignored them, and b) I bought a new keyboard hoping that would solve the problem, and since the keyboard's working I can't bring it back to the shop for a refund.

On Swiss keyboards, @ is produced by pressing Alt Gr + 2. GPU Tweak, the program that comes with the GTX 680, has a couple of keyboard shortcuts that allow you to jump from one preset to another, and they're all set to Alt + Ctrl and the number keys.

Which gets a large, resounding "D'oh!" from me. D'oh!

Thirith on
    webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Thirith wrote: »
    Found out what the problem was... and I could kick myself, because a) my PC senses tingled, whispering that it could be something like this, but I ignored them, and b) I bought a new keyboard hoping that would solve the problem, and since the keyboard's working I can't bring it back to the shop for a refund.

On Swiss keyboards, @ is produced by pressing Alt Gr + 2. GPU Tweak, the program that comes with the GTX 680, has a couple of keyboard shortcuts that allow you to jump from one preset to another, and they're all set to Alt + Ctrl and the number keys.

Which gets a large, resounding "D'oh!" from me. D'oh!

Oh wow, that is stupid.

Alt GR + 2 is I believe the key for @ on a lot of (maybe all) European keyboards, since it's the same on my Spanish one. That needs to be fixed damn quickly. Glad to hear you found a solution anyway, man.

Lord_Snot on
  • Options
    I've sent a mail to Nvidia; here's hoping they'll fix this, because a) it's a stupid thing to do and b) it should be easy enough to set different defaults.

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg