As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

League of Legends: This is apparently the NOT buggy version of the patch.

• GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    ROFL! HotshotGG calling out the bandwagoners!
    Suck it, people-who-try-new-champions-after-seeing-a-skilled-player-use-them.
    Wait...what do you mean that's normal? Oh.

I'm going to be sad if Kog gets nerfed after this tournament, he's been my go to AD carry for a while now.

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    LMFAO Anivia! XD
    Best wall EVER!

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    ROFL

Nhat/Dyrus as Anivia is the funniest thing I've seen all week. Definitely need more of this.

Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
  • tehjestertehjester Tampa, FlRegistered User regular
    Hecarim's reaper skin is total boss. hopefully i won't have to buy the double skin pack to get it
    640px-Hecarim_ReaperSkin.jpg

here's his other skin, just in case anyone is curious:
    640px-Hecarim_BloodKnightSkin.jpg

PSN: JesterKing13 Blizz Battletag: tehjester#1448
    That second skin looks absolutely awesome.

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Sampsen wrote: »
    Rami wrote: »
    If you aren't queueing up with other people then you most certainly aren't playing against premade teams.

If you're still levelling up then yes, the MM is sadly tragic. At least you only have to play about 250 games for 30!

:bz

Yeah I play with friends

It's a shame this game doesn't have the ability to play matches that put you against others of equal skill, I have absolutely no idea how its so popular. I mean I can play starcraft at any skill level and face roughly equal players.

Edit: also you get punished for leaving a game that you have no chance of winning

What level are your friends? If they aren't a similar level to you, and you are fairly new, you are going to have a horrible time trying to get the hang of the game while you are playing against players much more skilled than you.

The matchmaking tries to find a similar setup, so for example, if one team has 4 level 30s and a level 10, it will try to find another team in a similar setup. It's not always possible, and Riot tries to get people into games fairly quickly. I would personally prefer they take a little longer and find a better fit.

we're level 5, you get virtually no experience for letting other people step on your dick for forty five minutes

This game has a hardon for encouraging you to simply sit in your main and wait for the enemy team to win. Yes I get it, the game's only been going for five minutes, but the enemy team is already double our level and killed half our towers, let us surrender.

• DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    Who was that other poster we had who only showed up to rage? I'd quit before you aneurysm. Its not for everyone.

1208768734831.jpg
    edited April 2012
    If you aren't queueing up with other people then you most certainly aren't playing against premade teams.

If you're still levelling up then yes, the MM is sadly tragic. At least you only have to play about 250 games for 30!

Yeah I play with friends

It's a shame this game doesn't have the ability to play matches that put you against others of equal skill, I have absolutely no idea how its so popular. I mean I can play starcraft at any skill level and face roughly equal players.

Edit: also you get punished for leaving a game that you have no chance of winning

What level are your friends? If they aren't a similar level to you, and you are fairly new, you are going to have a horrible time trying to get the hang of the game while you are playing against players much more skilled than you.

The matchmaking tries to find a similar setup, so for example, if one team has 4 level 30s and a level 10, it will try to find another team in a similar setup. It's not always possible, and Riot tries to get people into games fairly quickly. I would personally prefer they take a little longer and find a better fit.

we're level 5, you get virtually no experience for letting other people step on your dick for forty five minutes

This game has a hardon for encouraging you to simply sit in your main and wait for the enemy team to win. Yes I get it, the game's only been going for five minutes, but the enemy team is already double our level and killed half our towers, let us surrender.

Level 5? 100% you are going against smurfs. Someone earlier recommended waiting it out till level 10 when the smurfs disappear and you'll actually play against other new players. If you do a few bot games, you can get there really quickly. The game will be far more fun for you once you aren't playing against smurfs.

Sampsen on
  • CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

Yeah I play with friends

If you're ready to surrender at 5 minutes, I think you might be having a bit of an attitude problem.

Carnarvon on
    I hope these casters aren't going to do the finals. I know people like to complain about Phreak, but these guys are literally describing a different game.

1208768734831.jpg
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Carnarvon wrote: »

Yeah I play with friends

If you're ready to surrender at 5 minutes, I think you might be having a bit of an attitude problem.
    I imagine there's some hyperbole there, if you read what he wrote closely.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • zerg rushzerg rush Registered User regular
    Is there any special handicap for the riot vs pros ARAB game?

• unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    zerg rush wrote: »

the 'pro' anivia is one pro using the keyboard and another using the mouse

• DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    zerg rush wrote: »

the 'pro' anivia is one pro using the keyboard and another using the mouse

Also if you watch there are rioters and Pros on both side that are messing with the players on each team.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular

Yeah I play with friends

You are getting matched against smurfs. The only solutions are to put on your man-pants and tough it out (which is hard and annoying) or to play bots until you're around level 10 and is out of the worst cess-pit of unsporting shitheads.

Spectrum wrote: »

Yeah I play with friends

I imagine there's some hyperbole there, if you read what he wrote closely.

SARCASM AND HYPERBOLE ON THE INTERNET

WHAT FOUL SORCERY IS THIS

• HounHoun Registered User regular
    Ok, what is going on with this Dom match? Why are they not using, like, the entire top 2/3s of the map?

• evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    ES NUMERO UNO!

Houn wrote: »
    Ok, what is going on with this Dom match? Why are they not using, like, the entire top 2/3s of the map?

it's a fun match.

10 pros vs. 5 riot staff.
    1 pro on mouse, another on keyboard.
    all random pick, bot lane only!

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • ArkadyArkady Registered User regular

Because that would be boring.

untitled-1.jpg
    LoL: failboattootoot
    When the staff at Riot thinks it's more fun to ignore most of their map, aren't they admitting that they failed at designing Dom?

It's called ARAB (All Random, All Bot), it's a variant of All Random, All Mid. It's pretty much a way to have some fun for funs sake. Everyone is randomed and they try to take the other teams bottom capture point. You cannot B, and you cannot leave the bot lane past the little upper portion, but they were just messing around and people did it anyway in this game. Have to take down the other team using only those two points.

• ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular

All random all bottom

Rules: Bottom lane and bottom speed shrine is open. Points can be capped.

Basically, a faster ARAM that's more dynamic and where minions don't spoil the fun.

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular

ARAB
    All Random, All Bottom

When the staff at Riot thinks it's more fun to ignore most of their map, aren't they admitting that they failed at designing Dom?

It's a community thing just for fun, don't read too much into it.

• DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular

The community came up with it (There is another for Summoner's rift called ARAM, all random all mid) It's just a fun thing to do. They were just having fun...remember fun? :D

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
    Why the fuck are you hoping for Twitch? And now people shouting Eve!
    I want to see a Shaco random on the Pro side, simply for the awkward smartcast mistakes in the 2 people/1 champ.

• ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Ok... that Teemo hat. Want for my nephew.

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
    Blitz works well. The accuracy of his grab is going to be hilariously low.

Wait...am I mistaken, or are just 2 of the champions being controlled by one pro on keyboard, and one on mouse?

edited April 2012
    I unmuted the stream just in time to hear the androgynous fellow talking about Eve snowballing into an unstoppable carry. I don't even.

Please bring back Phreak.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
    haha...
    "Boo"
    Boo-urns!

• SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Hmm, I don't think I can convince myself to drive back for the finals match today, especially since it's Easter.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
    Post-game chat: "Ugh, this Sona."

4cs Riven too pro.

• interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    4cs Riven too pro.

wow i just noticed that

Hey. You shut your damn mouth!
    It's the Voice of Riven playing AS Riven.

• GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

with 9 cs

Edit: At 14 minutes

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png

The community came up with it (There is another for Summoner's rift called ARAM, all random all mid) It's just a fun thing to do. They were just having fun...remember fun? :D

THIS ISN'T FUN.

THIS IS ESPORTS.

Goumindong wrote: »

with 9 cs

Post-game chat: "So, thanks for the team invite, but I have too many teams, and I gotta drop one. Sorry, Cristina."

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »

with 9 cs

She wasn't hired for her CS. :P

liEt3nH.png
This discussion has been closed.