As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Battlefield 3] LOCK PLEASE

• wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I seriously do not understand some of the patch fixes.

*make stingers more powerful
    -nulled by making flares pop out faster than stingers can be fired
    -range extremely decreased
    -Jets are faster than missles
    -AA missles just miss jets anyways now
    *fine tune all the weapons accuracy/spread/dmg
    -nulled by increasing suppression so every gun can't hit shit equally
    *make soflams better
    *make javelins better
    *make rockets better
    -Nerf welder

wakkawa on
  • Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    I wish more maps would use the Mobile AA trucks. I've maybe seen the thing 1 time and a guy sat in it the entire round destroying everything that came off the aircraft carrier. I just want my mini-gun truck :(

• HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    Not to cause all the tank arguments to start up again but did they nerf the mounted machine gun on it? The one the second player uses? just finished a game were i had a solid ping (as far as you can believe the in-game ping) and was getting solid hits on people (hit marks all over the place) But it seemed people were taking alot more shots to kill now than when i played before the patch...

I Haven't played in probably a month and a half so i may just be remembering wrong.

1Gn4PNI.png
  • furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Just got done playing on the 360 Angry Dome. My friends and I enjoyed it for the most part. Although we got rolled pretty hard a few times was still fun.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Would be nice to fill it up all the way. Unfortunately, having one side mostly PA means we end up scaring away people. I changed the rotation too. Added in the smaller maps.

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXf_lyUaZ9o

Ziba Tower reminds of Villa in R6: Vegas 2.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Yeah, that's the only thing I really don't understand about the patch. Buff rockets against tanks and nerf the welder at the same time.

Regarding the mounted MG for the tank, it's kinda weak in BF3. As a reference, in BC2 players were bullet sponges, but in that game it took less hits from the MG to kill someone than it does in BF3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXf_lyUaZ9o

Ziba Tower reminds of Villa in R6: Vegas 2.

Map looks decently sized. Guess I was expecting to see something tiny. The pretties

• CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I just played my first round of BF3 on PC after a six month hiatus. I have completely missed out on all DLC and happenings, but the community seems better and goddamn have I missed DICE sound effects. What have I missed in terms of DLC? Is there competent voice chat yet?

EDIT - It says I get Back to Karkland Free. My BF3 is in fact the preordered Limited Edition. How do I make sure I got that? I did a pretty hefty update this morning.

There on the Battlefield, he stands!
    There on the Battlefield, he's lost!
    THERE ON THE BATTLEFIELD, IT ENDS!

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »
    I just played my first round of BF3 on PC after a six month hiatus. I have completely missed out on all DLC and happenings, but the community seems better and goddamn have I missed DICE sound effects. What have I missed in terms of DLC? Is there competent voice chat yet?

EDIT - It says I get Back to Karkland Free. My BF3 is in fact the preordered Limited Edition. How do I make sure I got that? I did a pretty hefty update this morning.

I am pretty sure if you have the limited edition,you just have B2K.
    Everyone has it installed anyway and if you have the LE, it's just unlocked for you.
    Try to join a B2K map and see for yourself!

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
    Klyka wrote: »
    Cantido wrote: »

I am pretty sure if you have the limited edition,you just have B2K.
    Everyone has it installed anyway and if you have the LE, it's just unlocked for you.
    Try to join a B2K map and see for yourself!

Aaaand it worked. Sweet!

If anyone wants to grind out points on co-op to unlock weapons hit me up! I just need the last two.

How do people get 60k points on the last mission?

• WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    If anyone wants to grind out points on co-op to unlock weapons hit me up! I just need the last two.

How do people get 60k points on the last mission?

There's a nasty little glitch on it.

I remember people would purposely fail arming the bomb and restart the mission, because it was easy points. That doesn't seem like a glitch to me, so what I'm trying to say is educamate me on how to be a nasty glitcher.

• BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    I never finished Drop'em Like Liquid, so I've never even seen the last mission. The helicopter one and the one in the office building are easy points though.

• 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Helicopter one sucks shit for points.

Best bet if you don't have Eleventh Hour is to do Exodus on easy and go for as many headshots as you can. Nets about 14k of you do it right.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
    I see everyone grinding COOP, someone invite :(

I see everyone grinding COOP, someone invite :(

I haven't played co-op ever, you can add me...shit I don't know how it works. My game tag is ActionRTSer

• 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    I'm not telling you guys to try this or anything

but put an M26 MASS (dart or buck) on the underslung rail of an assault rifle that also has a heavy barrel on it (important)

then hipfire the shotgun

goddamn

u4OkoEI.png
  • SkajmeSkajme Manchester, UKRegistered User regular

but put an M26 MASS (dart or buck) on the underslung rail of an assault rifle that also has a heavy barrel on it (important)

then hipfire the shotgun

goddamn

That's what i've been using. What difference does the heavy barrel make?

edited April 2012
    Skajme wrote: »

then hipfire the shotgun

goddamn

It applies the same spread reduction to the MASS. And the MASS already has the same spread as the 870.

You've got to aim with it, but the pellets are ridiculously accurate out to ranges where slugs are generally your only option on a shotty. We're talking about from one shot kills from the top of Hilltop (D) on Caspian to the river down below.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • KogareruKogareru Registered User regular

then hipfire the shotgun

goddamn

It applies the same spread reduction to the MASS. And the MASS already has the same spread as the 870.

You've got to aim with it, but the pellets are ridiculously accurate out to ranges where slugs are generally your only option on a shotty. We're talking about from one shot kills from the top of Hilltop (D) on Caspian to the river down below.

It's what's commonly known as BUGGED. also getting on for more gaemz.

GW2: mKoga-Ultra
    steam_sig.png
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    wakkawa what happened to the second i in "Missiles"? :O

obF2Wuw.png
  • PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    It took longer than it should have, but I've finally achieved the goal I set when I got the game: a service star for every primary weapon. Now I have to decide whether I want to grind out every iteration of every pistol, or start picking up the 500 kill dogtags. In any case, I don't expect I'll be using any of the sniper rifles or the jackhammer ever again.

• SkajmeSkajme Manchester, UKRegistered User regular

then hipfire the shotgun

goddamn

oh I see, I was surprised at the range you get out of it to be honest. I just thought it was like that by design.

Nice to see the server fill up and stay that way for a while today. Maybe after the little one goes to bed I can jump on for more dudebro shooting.

• wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    A 41 killstreak.

Some pubs are just godawful.

Played some more Angry Dome tonight. My friends and I were quite sore from that ass whooping we received at the hands of the PA people on the 360 lol. They decided we needed to go to a slightly more bad friendly server. I enjoyed it at least.

• BraincowBraincow Registered User regular
    Good times shooting mans on the angry dome. Maybe I'll hook up my mic next time.

Brainchow.png
    furlion wrote: »
    Played some more Angry Dome tonight. My friends and I were quite sore from that ass whooping we received at the hands of the PA people on the 360 lol. They decided we needed to go to a slightly more bad friendly server. I enjoyed it at least.

We really need to level out how many PA guys are on each team. All on one team just turns into an ass blistering steamroll.

• HarshLanguageHarshLanguage Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I remember people would purposely fail arming the bomb and restart the mission, because it was easy points. That doesn't seem like a glitch to me, so what I'm trying to say is educamate me on how to be a nasty glitcher.

Assuming they haven't changed it: After the bomb is disarmed, you go out on the street but don't go up the stairs into the building (a bank? can't remember) the police are surrounding. If you stay away from the stairs, the enemies will spawn endlessly. So you and your partner sit there and kill dudes until you get bored, alternating runs back for ammo.

HarshLanguage on
    QSwearing_trans_smooth_small.gif
    > turn on light

Good start to the day. Pity it's going to be the worst one of your life. The light is now on.
  • Continental_OpContinental_Op Registered User regular
    Mulletude wrote: »

We really need to level out how many PA guys are on each team. All on one team just turns into an ass blistering steamroll.

Yeah, I mean it started out fairly balanced, in fact @furlion, you were on my team with some other PA guys against Dug and some other PA guys, then the map switched and for some reason auto-balanced us all on to one team and left you on the other. Dug and some others will argue that if Mink is on the other team, you can have all the other PA people on one team and it will be fair. But good games all around!

XBL - TeenageHead
  • kaliyamakaliyama Left to find less-moderated fora Registered User regular
    Game anybody?

fwKS7.png?1

Yeah, I mean it started out fairly balanced, in fact @furlion, you were on my team with some other PA guys against Dug and some other PA guys, then the map switched and for some reason auto-balanced us all on to one team and left you on the other. Dug and some others will argue that if Mink is on the other team, you can have all the other PA people on one team and it will be fair. But good games all around!

I'm just going to rotate who gets stuck playing against Mink. We all have to take our turns getting paddled.

Well the first match was not too bad like Op said. But the matches after that things turned rather ugly. I know I am not that good but my friends are pretty decent and they were scared lol. In other news I did enjoy the maps and as big fan of conquest I have no problem running all/mostly cq/cqa.

• SquabmanSquabman Registered User regular
    So today I got a close quarters triple kill in an interesting way. I jumped off the top of a building while firing down towards the 3 enemies with my 240. I landed, and while I landed I was shooting the ground, then I did what I call "the helicopter" and started spinning while firing and raising my gun in a pattern of a death spiral. 3 kills without aiming.

Now Im gonna make a montage.

lagbagg.png
  • JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular

I'm just going to rotate who gets stuck playing against Mink. We all have to take our turns getting paddled.

Gentlemen, gentlemen. You give me too much credit. I'll say this about furlion and his gang. They are constantly on the objective.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    It warms my heart to know the 360 PAers have an issue with team stacking too.

Admittedly we only always win on servers with no autobalancer and generally shitty players regardless.

Lizard Lounge is generally pretty good, seeing as it will violate the sanctity of your squad to make sure that shit's balanced.

u4OkoEI.png
  • JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    emp123 wrote: »
    It warms my heart to know the 360 PAers have an issue with team stacking too.

You leave on auto balance to try and make it even out. Then autobalance decides nearly all pubs belong on one team.

If you change people mid round they get mad sometimes too.

In a way it was better before. You could totally blame the lack of control.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread