As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Pre-Pax Bar Crawl] Pokecrawl Episode 3: A Brand New World!

• boozysmurfboozysmurf Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    PokeTron could use some repairs, but that was a frigging awesome night , lads and ladies!I

boozysmurf on
  • LethinatorLethinator Registered User regular
    Had so much fun... maybe too much, as I don't recall the latter half. It was great to meet all of you wonderful folks. If you saw me do something terribly embarrassing, I'd rather not know all the details. I've already heard too much. I unfortunately spent a good chunk of my day recovering on the couch area in the Exhibit Hall, fantasizing about playing games. :? There's always tomorrow? Thanks to everyone who organized and participated for creating this monstrous and awesome event.

• arsonisfunarsonisfun Registered User regular
    redfield85 wrote: »
    I am almost recovered. I still have Juju's lab coat. Apparently I won an auction too. Haha.

if there are pokedonations in there, it's totally my lab coat ... *sigh* thankfully most of them were in my envelope ...

I am IRCs resident nerdbro and member of the PokeCrawl planning committee.

Red B/Gold Professor

[15:53] <+juju-work> ArsonIsFun is one of the best people I know.
  • MalkaraMalkara Tampa, FLRegistered User regular
    It was pretty awesome, folks. Even if I had to literally carry someone back to my room, and never managed to pick up my drank 'em all badge.

Blue Gold for lyfe.

• Obsolete ModelObsolete Model Registered User regular
    We had a great time crawling with team yellow silver.
    2012-04-05_20-05-40_251.jpg

Jason and Sarah.

• RokalRokal Registered User regular
    Dear Team Yellow Silver!

I had an awesome time leading you all.

Thanks for leading us! We had a blast :D

• ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Ohmygod that was so much fun.

Team Green-Gold, you guys rocked that crawl. It was an honour to have walked it with you, and I'm proud to say that this is the first crawl I've been able to drink responsibly and long enough to finish.

All you other crawlers? Many thanks for the challenges. I now know what a "Froot Loops" is, and am much the happier for the knowledge!

• KyussKyuss Registered User regular
    Green Gold here. Ill post some pics when I get home.

• EchoZeroEchoZero Registered User regular
    So I was at the panel where atlus presented the money we raised fof childs play and it was over $3000. For a night of drinking that is pretty impressive. Of course Team Blue got bragging rights for raising the most.

• TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    My friends and I were accepted into the Yellow Team at a bar and had an amazing time! We were the four who started chanting "yellow TEAM" and "pika-CHU!" while walking around, we wanted to thank everyone for being so dope and making our night awesome.

I have a ton of pictures that im going through now from the trip (just got back home to NYC) and i will get them uploaded to a Photobucket so i can share them here. A lot of people in the costumes and people we were with from the Red Team are also in these pictures so hope you guys enjoy!

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Can we get a team by team charity breakdown?

Good job, everyone!

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    Here is a link to the pictures I took, its a mix of personal ones and the Poke Pubcrawl.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v495/Hell_Rell/Pax East and Boston 2012/

This is a picture showing on a scale of my drawing skills how drunk I got.

To the left is my arm. I drew those before the crawl. On the right is a drawing I did at the end of the crawl.
    554943_947851471157_26601080_39038403_108763430_n.jpg

bYf6vNQ.png
  • ErickaJoErickaJo MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I had an absolutely fantastic time. I tip my Gyrados hat to you, team blue gold! Squirtle Squad, you party like rock stars! Poketron: magnificent. And the members of team green that helped me reenact a gang battle a la the Jets and the Sharks outside of the third bar? Thank you, I'm still giggling over that.

As a bonus, I woke up with the "drank em all" and legendary dogs pins, and an autographed Freezepop cd. I'll see you guys again next year!

• KiashienKiashien Medford, MARegistered User regular
    Randomfool wrote: »
    Fantastic night everyone! Thanks to everyone on Team Yellow who came out!

Bell in Hand dance party was totally the highlight of the night.

I did not enjoy having to remind certain people of boundaries inherent with at the barest minimum not being a dick, so this was not the highlight of my night.

But overall, I had a great time. Amorphous Tron, you guys were awesome, hope to see you next year, or at least around the con! Same with all the rest of my Golds.

The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • KiashienKiashien Medford, MARegistered User regular
    Dear Team Yellow Silver!
    Also the leaders from team yellow gold. Thanks thanks thanks. You guys are so amazing and comforting! <3

You did great! We just tried to help out the best we could :)

The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • TheTinManTheTinMan Registered User regular
    I had an amazing time with Green Gold! A+++, will Pokecrawl again!

Damn fruit loops...

ErickaJo wrote: »
    I had an absolutely fantastic time. I tip my Gyrados hat to you, team blue gold! Squirtle Squad, you party like rock stars! Poketron: magnificent. And the members of team green that helped me reenact a gang battle a la the Jets and the Sharks outside of the third bar? Thank you, I'm still giggling over that.

As a bonus, I woke up with the "drank em all" and legendary dogs pins, and an autographed Freezepop cd. I'll see you guys again next year!

I was one of those from team Green Gold. I actually have a short video from it somewhere...

And here is a picture of my little team green gold group that stayed together that night.

2012040520203930.jpg

Sexy Dave!!!!

I also got to hand with my PokeProf the next night too. She was awesome. Hi Val!

I'm in the background! Go me.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • RandomfoolRandomfool loofmodnar Rochester, NYRegistered User regular
    Here is a link to the pictures I took, its a mix of personal ones and the Poke Pubcrawl.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v495/Hell_Rell/Pax East and Boston 2012/

You guys were awesome!

I was your friendly recruiter in the yellow hat and hoodie. Thanks for being so spirited, we needed about 500% more chanting and you definitely delivered. I expect to see you all again next year.

I do Pokecrawl things. Professor Team Instinct, Hufflepuff supporter.@loofmodnar

B4o6XD4.png
  • ProeliatorProeliator Registered User regular
    Watching the reaction of locals as we stormed the streets, chanting: "Squirtle! Squirtle! Squirtle!".…..it just warmed my shrivled old heart. Thanks team Blue Gold! Ill never forget it! (What I remember, anyway. RPS at McFaddens almost killed me.)

The only downside to the night was I apparently agreed to do an interview with some local radio. TERRIBLE idea, it was a Howard Stern type show with racy questions. Gotta hope that never reaches my work....

edited April 2012
    I think one of my favorite parts was starting a "YES!" chant in the streets. At least that is what I semi-remember. Hahaha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WGHeQw49ws

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • gfishgfish Ottawa, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    So much Pokecrawl love, we tried to take every opportunity to tell people about it during the rest of the event as well. Next year, expect Evolution 2.0.

-- PokeTron: Ampharos
  • ItsIanKItsIanK Registered User regular
    EQV wrote: »
    Team Blue/Blue Gold/everyone else: Had an awesome time partying with you guys and yelling at folks with the Squirtle Squad. Got all of my badges!

BLUE BLUE BLUE BLUE BLUE

Squirtle Squad Member here and it was equally a pleasure. All of you were amazing company, and amazing challengers. Cannot wait to do it all again next year.

The hangover was SURPRISINGLY mild despite the VERY rough challenges (I'm looking at you Tequila!)

Tequila is the WORST.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • cadmiacadmia Registered User regular
    I think one of my favorite parts was starting a "YES!" chant in the streets. At least that is what I semi-remember. Hahaha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WGHeQw49ws

Redfield, we too, enjoyed the chant! Looking forward to seeing where the storyline goes. I have to say tho, I don't love the new shirt as much as I hoped. I may buy it anyway, but I am disappoint.

Tequila is the Best.

Fixed,

also, to the guy that beat me in RPS 3 times in a row. You suck. The hardest thing all night was doing 5 shots at the 3rd bar.

• ZarienZarien Registered User regular
    Another Squirtle squad member here. Team Blue/Gold you guys were super awesome to drink and hang out with and thanks for helping us turn team totodile into its true form, TEAM SQUIRTLE! SQUIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRTTTTTTTTTTTLLLLLLEEEEEEEEE!!!! BLUE BLUE BLUE BLUE BLUE BLUE BLUE! To the green team members that we recruited to the squirtle side you guys were awesome too!

• MalkaraMalkara Tampa, FLRegistered User regular
    Zarien wrote: »
    Another Squirtle squad member here. Team Blue/Gold you guys were super awesome to drink and hang out with and thanks for helping us turn team totodile into its true form, TEAM SQUIRTLE! SQUIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRTTTTTTTTTTTLLLLLLEEEEEEEEE!!!! BLUE BLUE BLUE BLUE BLUE BLUE BLUE! To the green team members that we recruited to the squirtle side you guys were awesome too!

My totodile hat and I heartily resent this remark. Though, the squirtle chant was pretty awesome.

• vicechanvicechan Registered User regular
    I had fun drinking with Yellow Gold! Big ups to the PokeTron crew, you were friendly and easy to spot. :) My only regret was not bringing more Child's Play money and forgetting my mp3 player that had PokeShots on it.

@redfield85, were you the one rocking the Best in the World shirt? I was the Team Yellow guy in the Nexus armband. XD
    And Sarah from Yellow Silver who I walked back to the T, you should totally hit me up on here!

Kyuss wrote: »
    Tequila is the Best.

Fixed,

also, to the guy that beat me in RPS 3 times in a row. You suck. The hardest thing all night was doing 5 shots at the 3rd bar.

Fuck. Tequila.

Also, I had to drink 2 of 3 and then we did the challenge portion. My opponent lost both, but I still bought myself 2 shots as well (although we had tasty shots).
    vicechan wrote: »
    @redfield85, were you the one rocking the Best in the World shirt? I was the Team Yellow guy in the Nexus armband. XD

Nah. He was the one helping me chant it in the streets though! I had a Pokeball/Teefury shirt, green vest thingy, and pokeball hanging off my belt.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    Glad everyone had a great time! Squirtle Squirtle!

Tequila is the Best.

Fixed,

Fuck. Tequila.

Also, I had to drink 2 of 3 and then we did the challenge portion. My opponent lost both, but I still bought myself 2 shots as well (although we had tasty shots).

Nah. He was the one helping me chant it in the streets though! I had a Pokeball/Teefury shirt, green vest thingy, and pokeball hanging off my belt.

Did you ever get to catch anything with your Pokeball?

Tequila is the Best.

Fixed,

Fuck. Tequila.

Did you ever get to catch anything with your Pokeball?

Surprisingly, I didn't throw it at anyone. Would've figured I would have at Team Yellow. Damn Ampharos!

bYf6vNQ.png
  • MrHappyPantsMrHappyPants Registered User new member
    Squirt Squad member reporting for duty, had a great time with everyone. So many jager bombs. So many.

• woolykittenwoolykitten Registered User regular
    Had so much fun hanging with you awesome peeps (especially my fellow Poketrons and the leader of Yellow Silver)! We were really lit on Team Yellow Gold. :)

• The_SavesThe_Saves Magistrate of Crazy Town KirklandRegistered User regular
    Yellow Gold really was the best ^_^

And none of us were caught by rogue trainers!

Ummm...
  • folkitfolkit Lucille Bluth is my spirit animal. FloridaRegistered User regular
    Despite a few navigational difficulties, I'm so glad I was on Yellow Silver. I had a blast...from what I can remember. Feel free to find me on Facebook! :)

• boozysmurfboozysmurf Registered User regular
    Here's my pix from the crawl (and the rest of pax, I'll be honest) Again, cannot stress just how good a time I had. That was entirely on the backs of the organizers and participants: you're all awesome folks.

https://plus.google.com/photos/109199783188729254605/albums/5729860650440211265

More thoughts on the crawl once I've detoxed, and uh... kicked the paxpox.

• browncoatbethbrowncoatbeth Registered User regular
    just wanted to drop in and echo sentiments. had a great time on the crawl! was so nice meeting all my blue compatriots as you came to pick up your totodile shirts. also, huge shoutout to lucazzo who had to wait all day for UPS to deliver them to his house. rockstar!

great times, will definitely be coming along again next year. oh, and can I request that rock paper scissors always be a challenge? that was frickin awesome.

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI