As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[East] Best cosplay you saw.

XX55XXXX55XX Registered User regular
edited April 2012 in PAX Archive
I must say that the woman running around in the Hit-girl costume impressed me the most, throughout my 12 hours at the PAX East yesterday:

https://mkkqvg.sn2.livefilestore.com/y1pc5RB9npU2phvLGQFrlXgmhVCwB7THU_--kySwB4i_p2hm6pzuqab4f1FhwJig9Qq-fjIos2-u__6NVEnAS2taF9kpDfwV_10/PAX East 2012 115.jpg?psid=1

You guys?

Moe Fwacky on

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    I didn't take a picture, but I liked the lightning one the most. she was with a cloud cosplayer.

• XX55XXXX55XX Registered User regular
    Daenyth wrote: »

Oh, I think I saw her! I was going to a panel, and I didn't have a chance to take her picture! Figures...

• AmandaGCGAmandaGCG Registered User regular
    I liked the plants vs zombies guys cause of how derp they look.

• mijit88mijit88 Registered User regular

If you know how to get a hold of this person let me know, gotta tell her shes my future wife hahajklol, but for real her talents making those blew me away!

• PorkchopPorkchop Registered User regular
    I didn't stop to talk to many or take photos, but I did run into GLaDOS on the show floor, and I thought she did a really good job being 'in character', as she was slow moving (robotically, in a sense), a little creepy, and 100% completely silent.

I also got a quick look at the GW2 Mesmer. That is just a work of art--incredible craftsmanship. A lot of time and effort must have gone into that one.

• DaenythDaenyth Boston, MARegistered User regular
    mijit88 wrote: »

If you know how to get a hold of this person let me know, gotta tell her shes my future wife hahajklol, but for real her talents making those blew me away!

I don't know who she is, so I can't help there, sorry :(

Porkchop wrote: »
    I didn't stop to talk to many or take photos, but I did run into GLaDOS on the show floor, and I thought she did a really good job being 'in character', as she was slow moving (robotically, in a sense), a little creepy, and 100% completely silent.

That was a great one! Definitely one of the better done cosplays there.

• EthrinilEthrinil Registered User regular
    Porkchop wrote: »

I also got a quick look at the GW2 Mesmer. That is just a work of art--incredible craftsmanship. A lot of time and effort must have gone into that one.

That GLaDOS one was pretty awesome. She did an amazing job.

AmandaGCG wrote: »
    I liked the plants vs zombies guys cause of how derp they look.

They were really funny, I loved seeing them coming down the hall while I was waiting in line, they always had something funny planned. The amount of derp on their faces always cracked me up.

My favorite cosplay was either The Kid from Bastion or Joffery from Game of Thrones. Both of them looked amazing.

• ConandoConando Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I didn't get to snap a pick but, I saw this really awesome Dr. Eggman. Of course, the person Nintendo hired to cosplay as Pit was amazing too. Funniest ones I saw? Guy dressed as Tingle and the Plants vs. Zombies Zombie guys, even if they tried to cut in line at the Sonic 4 booth.

Conando on
  • gamerman1227gamerman1227 Registered User regular
    I liked Mr. T

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Mr.T was pretty dope but i still think the head crab guy was awesome (and he was a cool dude too)

• jcuredjcured Registered User regular
    I saw someone dressed as Orianna From LoL and her costume even played the ingame sounds

• CoolMarquis97CoolMarquis97 Registered User regular
    Anybody see Solid Snake or Ghost? Those guys were covered in "military gear"

• ConandoConando Registered User regular
    I saw a Solid Snake in a cardboard box. That was freakin' awesome.

• bottledgoosebottledgoose Sunderland, MARegistered User regular
    Probably this guy:

DSC_0004.JPG

but there was a crapton of good cosplay. People brought it on Saturday.

• Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    The guy dressed as Subject Delta was pretty cool. His drill even spun.

Also the group on Assbro and Revelations characters. And I spotted the protagonist and Naoto from Persona 4 (after seeing Teddie last year).

Mx. Quill on
  • terminationshokterminationshok San Francisco, CARegistered User new member
    Pikminlink dressed as Pit from Kid Icarus was great! Everything on her costume looked just like the model in the game. She even got mentioned in a joystiq article.

• VolaroVolaro The Iron Gentleman Registered User regular
    The Pit costume was far and away my favorite of the whole con, that was just -incredible-.

• wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    I've seen the Ghostbusters crew in previous years as well, but this year I got to see the bunch of them huddled around playing The Real Ghostbusters arcade cabinet in the ACAM room, which was probably my favorite cosplay-related moment of the convention.

• fyeahckingfyeahcking Registered User regular
    There was a T13 mage-lady wandering around on Friday. I think she and Pit are tied in my book for #1 with a slight edge to the former.

Honorable awesomes (because I enjoyed them, not necessarily because they were amazing costumes -- though some of them really were!):

GLaDOS (seen slowly stalking the expo room floor)
    Sunbro (Solaire from Dark Souls -- seen in line for console tourney bag checkin)
    Squirtle Bros (seen with their backs turned at the bar)
    Sora and Kairi (seen during freeplay smash on Friday)

• KrisstaKrissta New HampshireRegistered User regular
    Conando wrote: »
    I saw a Solid Snake in a cardboard box. That was freakin' awesome.
    Yup, that guy cracked me up. Amazing!

Ln5yLL7.png
  • KrisstaKrissta New HampshireRegistered User regular
    My personal favorites were the girl who cosplayed Pyramid Head and her friend who cosplayed one of the creepy nurses from Silent Hill, and an amazingly awesome couple who cosplayed as Finn and Fionna from Adventure Time. It was f'ing adorable. <3

Ln5yLL7.png
  • fyeahckingfyeahcking Registered User regular
    Oh, man! I forgot about Finn and Fionna. They were pretty awesome. :)

• BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    my favorite was the clockwork lady from doctor who

original.jpg

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • rascalrascal Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    The Clockwork lady was great!
    I was impressed and delighted by all the costumes. The first one that caught my eye was just as we entered the exhibit hall Friday morning:
    e8777a.jpg

rascal on
  • GhostDanGhostDan Registered User regular
    Honestly I don't think I saw a single cosplay that was't "OMG that's awesome". I've been to a few cons where it's like "oh, someone slapped that together just to wear something" but everything here was really intricate and/or awesome.

• University OgreUniversity Ogre Registered User regular
    I don't know how I always miss the insanely elaborate ones. The best one I saw was a really good Princess Peach on Friday.

• AmycusAmycus Registered User regular
    The Hisen-Ko and Morrigan duo on Friday. Badass costumes. I saw their other costumes the next day but I never got the chance to say hi again! (I was the guy with the Department of Defense Against the Dark Arts shirt on Friday in the free play area. You guys inspired me to play Skyrim again haha)

• thr4sherthr4sher Registered User regular
    i saw a guy as Mr.Zorg (the fifth element) one day. that was my favorite, hands down.

• Kiki_louKiki_lou Registered User regular
    I dressed up as Idris on Saturday but I don't think many people noticed :-( Plus I didn't have the costume on for the whole day. Did anyone by any chance get a picture?

• nollienollie Registered User regular
    That is awesome!
    My favorite was the robotic R2D2 the guy was steering around with his little kids dressed up as leia and luke with her riding around in it! It was just so cute! And that R2D2 was crazy
    4vige0.jpg

Pax East 2012 Omeganaut!
    Pax East '12 checklist: [x] 3 day pass, [x] hotel booked, [x] byoc seat registered, [ ] cookies baked, [ ] omegathon won.
  • TonxTonx Registered User new member
    edited April 2012
    Conando wrote: »
    I didn't get to snap a pick but, I saw this really awesome Dr. Eggman. Of course, the person Nintendo hired to cosplay as Pit was amazing too. Funniest ones I saw? Guy dressed as Tingle and the Plants vs. Zombies Zombie guys, even if they tried to cut in line at the Sonic 4 booth.

Haha, I think you might be talking about me since I didn't see any other Eggman cosplays there all weekend. Though, I'd be kinda surprised because I felt like I kind of half-assed it and part of the glue would not go away on the 'stache. I was desperately hunter to find a sonic but failed to find any :( (though I did find a tails). Here's a couple pictures to...verify?

IMG]iNcaU.jpg?1

Tonx on
  • OmegaDezOmegaDez CanadaRegistered User regular
    My personal favorite cosplay was the Juri (from Super Street Fighter IV) from cosplayer Hezachan.
    Her costume was super accurate, and she and totally in caracter once the camera started to focus on her.

The girl costumed as Ghost from MW was also amazing, but in a completely different way.

• MalgarasMalgaras Registered User regular
    Anyone have a pic of the GLaDOS cosplayer? I've heard a ton about it and portal is one of my favorite games ever so I was rather disappointed when I never got a chance to see it.

1tLJUH2O.png
  • CyzaineCyzaine Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I don't know how I always miss the insanely elaborate ones. The best one I saw was a really good Princess Peach on Friday.

Had to be this one.
    http://i.imgur.com/3Nwwj

Mr.T was pretty dope but i still think the head crab guy was awesome (and he was a cool dude too)
    This one?
    http://i.imgur.com/E2CmF

I'm biased though, our friend did shiek with a playable harp the 2nd day, and I think she was the best!
    http://i.imgur.com/NEnfL

Cyzaine on
  • Tal!nTal!n San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    I thought the omeganaut that dressed up as the wanderer from Journey was amazing!

• Oldmangloom315Oldmangloom315 [ENFORCER] Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Clobberella and Captain Tomorrow won my heart along with the girl dressed as Jill Valentine with a sandwich (You we're almost a Jill Sandwich!). Oh man. Those two blew me away when I saw them.

• Andrew TatroAndrew Tatro Registered User regular
    Does anyone have a picture of Burly Finn on Friday?

• King of MarsKing of Mars A freak among weirdos A city in my mindRegistered User regular
    I saw the GLaDOS cosplayer and asked her if she was @RainbowTunnel, since I thought that's who said they were going to do that. She just looked at me like "da fuq?" and said no. So apparently there were two human GLaDOS cosplayers? Or (more likely) I'm just confused.

One of the best I saw was a spot-on Joffrey Baratheon (except I didn't want to hit him in the face with a brick). There was also a guy dressed as a cross between Link and the kid from Adventure Time (sorry, I don't know the name).

And, of course, the worst was the usual fat guy dressed as Sailor Moon that apparently goes to every. Con. EVER. >.<

Writhe your naked ass to the mindless groove.
    twitter //
    3DS: 2492-5478-6311 // Steam & WiiU: kingofmars2099
  • 19southmainco19southmainco Registered User regular
    my favorites were the KFC Colonel, and the Giant Tibbers that was ejected from the convention

onward, stalwart steed