As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Strength.Training.Guile. [Mass Effect].The Special Tasks Group needs you.USE SPOILER TAGS

• Options
    mRahmanimRahmani DetroitRegistered User regular
    That's it Speed, your mom is writing the next Mass Effect book. Somebody give Bioware a call.

• Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    my mom thinks it's stupid that she has to pay for weapons and armor, she thinks people should just give them to her since she's trying to save the day

it's always funny to me when she thinks something that gamers/mass effect fans also think

Make sure she talks to the Normandy requisition officer, if she hasn't already, since Shepard asks the exact same question.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    he was the one person I forgot to include in the tour of the ship

for the record, she immediately selected "Goodbye" on everyone except Kaidan.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    oh wait no she whined to Engineer Adams about how Udina made her bring Tali along

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    her attitude is so interesting

like, she cares enough to bother doing this at all

but she just doesn't take the game seriously

it's pretty funny to see the perspective of someone who just doesn't tolerate the stuff that we tend to take in stride

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    800 credits for killing a man

Shepard can get more than that from busting open random civilians' wallsafes

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

it's pretty funny to see the perspective of someone who just doesn't tolerate the stuff that we tend to take in stride

I think about 80% of what's keeping her going here is bemusement at the fact that people on the internet find this interesting

• Options
    biggitiobiggitio Registered User regular

I think about 80% of what's keeping her going here is bemusement at the fact that people on the internet find this interesting

Speed, I apologize if this is too forward, and you can decline to answer if you want.

How old is your mom? Like, is she roughly close to the technological leaps that came with the PC and advent of video games? Or is she older?

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular

I am thinking a goodly portion of it is mother/son activities

but I do not know this lady

• Options
    biggitio wrote: »

Speed, I apologize if this is too forward, and you can decline to answer if you want.

How old is your mom? Like, is she roughly close to the technological leaps that came with the PC and advent of video games? Or is she older?

she's gonna be 50 tomorrow

• Options
    the krovan supposedly gets carnage

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    the krovan supposedly gets carnage

I like this shortening

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    @Speed_Racer your mom plays Mass Effect like I do when I'm drunk: with zero story continuity with anything that happened more than five minutes ago

• Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    except I'm much less creepy about being a gold-digger

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    I guess the question here is how rich is speed racer's dad

or how rich did he used to be before Speed Racer's mom bled him dry

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    my mom thinks it's stupid that she has to pay for weapons and armor, she thinks people should just give them to her since she's trying to save the day

it's always funny to me when she thinks something that gamers/mass effect fans also think

y'know, I kinda agree
    "I'm Commander Shepard. I saved the Citadel. Give me your best fucking gear, so I can save your fucking arses!"

• Options
    Egos wrote: »

y'know, I kinda agree
    "I'm Commander Shepard. I saved the Citadel. Give me your best fucking gear, so I can save your fucking arses!"

everyone agrees

people have been saying this for well over a decade now

• Options
    oh my god I am farming gold with the bossiest australian man ever

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Egos wrote: »

y'know, I kinda agree

everyone agrees

people have been saying this for well over a decade now

eh sorry misread the last line (just woke up). I don't think it's so much true in me1 and me2 though tbh :/

• Options
    edited April 2012
    I tried switching from the valiant to my mantis X for the decreased weight, but the reload time on the mantis is so long and having only one shot at a time is the worst

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    i dunno if you guys have seen this

http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#00BAAAA

it's a multiplayer class creator so you can see what all different builds you can make for each class/weapon combo

pretty useful i think!

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    you can't go back

I had a bug reset my weapons choices so I had to play through a match with a mantis and a shuriken

and

and

it was awful

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    the mantis is the second-best sniper rifle

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote: »

That isn't possible.

There's the Valiant, the Widow, the Black Widow and the Javelin, and all of those are better than that Mantis.

• Options
    Well, if he hates the incisor he can't be all bad

• Options
    you like the mantis and hate on the incisor?

dichot...

• Options
    The mantis is pretty good

it's just not the valiant

• Options
    My mom says that if we get 500 people following Mom Effect on Tumblr she will promise to play through the entire trilogy

• Options
    catches on quick that one

• Options
    I guess I will make a tumblr account

• Options
    Orca wrote: »

That isn't possible.

There's the Valiant, the Widow, the Black Widow and the Javelin, and all of those are better than that Mantis.

I dont have the black widow, but I def like the mantis more than the vanilla widow, the reload time isn't as long, and it feels like the widow is refusing the shoot where I point some times

Also it is super easy to get a mantis X which is more damage until you have I think the widow V? And the mantis doesnt fuck your cooldowns to hell

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Orca wrote: »

That isn't possible.

the valiant is outright broken good

and the widow, black widow and javelin are too heavy
    with the mantis X my salarian engineer / infiltrator can get 190% recharge rate and it is still a mean weapon

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    Valiant is the only sniper rifle worth caring about

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    @SpeedRacer

who exactly does your mom believe Liara did shrooms with in college

Dongs Galore on
  • Options
    I shudder to think what powers a Valiant X might posses

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    @SpeedRacer

Udina

• Options
    I shudder to think what powers a Valiant X might posses

If you join a game with the Valiant X equipped, the enemies spawn, see you, scream "VALIANT!" and run away

• Options
    I kinda wanna wean myself off the valiant because there is no way they're gonna let it stay as good as it is once the N7 weapons start getting wider release

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    @SpeedRacer

Udina

My first reaction was that Udina and Liara couldn't have gone to college because of the disparity in age

but then I realized Udina probably isn't that much younger than Liara at this point, and Asari probably start higher education somewhat later than humans since they take longer to mature

canon

• Options
    Like, valiant I is competitive with any of the sniper rifles in the game.

I'm not lucky enough to have a II yet, but just thinking about how much better most guns get once they clear V or so

It must be horrifyingly broken.

m6eoUgQ.jpg
This discussion has been closed.