As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[EAST] Who's bringing their 3DS (or other handheld device) and what games?

1234568»

• Options
    GrimmTrixXGrimmTrixX Registered User regular
    ahh ok so i gotta figure out street pass. thanks. ive done nothing at all with it so far

• Options
    arcadegamerarcadegamer longtime gamer and cartoon/anime watcher Westport ,MARegistered User regular
    I finally decided to stump for a PowerPak+ last week for PAX and I am amazed at how much longer my battery life is. Now I don't have to worry about the battery dying from all the StreetPasses I'll be making. That said, I'm still probably going to bring my original battery, AC adapter and power strip to share electrics just cause I'm paranoid, haha.

As a refresher, I'm bringing MK7, DOA:D, SSFIV:3D, Pokemon:RB, and Samurai Warriors: Chronicles.
    wow i just yesterday bought and put in today the same PowerPak+too for PAX lol and SSFIV:3D,, DOA:D and maybe Starfox 643D and Kid Icarus uprising and here my 3ds friend code add me 326552338070

• Options
    horton101horton101 Registered User new member
    i'm bringing my gameboy color playin pokemon blue and gold!

• Options
    BIGmogBIGmog DenverRegistered User regular
    I brought Mario Kart 7, Starfox 64, and Kid Icarus but there was only one game that I witnessed most people playing: Find Mii. A con like PAX is a rare chance to use StreetPass and complete the puzzles and defeat the Dark Lord. Perhaps I should have been more aggressive in trying to gather a group to play a retail 3DS game.

• Options
    Psquare75Psquare75 S.E.MARegistered User regular
    Honestly bringing my girlfriend's was an afterthought.. Then I realized it was lighting up (figuratively) with new Streetpass people. Beat the Dark Lord as well, finished a few puzzles. I think she went from 15 to almost 300 connections.

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    I got so many Weapon Gems, you guys. Anyone find my lighsaber with Freezing?

• Options
    GrimRupertGrimRupert Registered User regular
    BIGmog wrote: »
    I brought Mario Kart 7, Starfox 64, and Kid Icarus but there was only one game that I witnessed most people playing: Find Mii. A con like PAX is a rare chance to use StreetPass and complete the puzzles and defeat the Dark Lord. Perhaps I should have been more aggressive in trying to gather a group to play a retail 3DS game.

Yeah, in hindsight I feel like this was a mistake. Street Pass doesn't really encourage interaction well, not like a game at least, and by noon Friday I was just holding down the R-button and skipping through what people's Mii's were saying (which, unfortunately, meant I missed a few URL's I would have liked to check out). I played two games of Kid Icarus in line for the keynote and that was it.

I hope to give Find Mii and the Puzzles much less importance next year. I never even got to try out Resident Evil's co-op mode or jam on Mario Kart 7 to discover how bad I am at it.

I'm a website!
    PAX East 2014 Checklist:
    [X] - Pre-registered | [ ] - Train tickets | [ ] - Time Off
  • Options
    arcadegamerarcadegamer longtime gamer and cartoon/anime watcher Westport ,MARegistered User regular
    lol i was doing that too i did a good amount of time clearing tthe messages but was times too busy so miss some mii s still got 155 streetpasses 50gems for kid icarus , 15-20 ssf43d , 8 doa d could more only change games twice and played two games of Kid Icarus in line to get the show