As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Battlefield 3] LOCK PLEASE

• 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Imagine trying to keep 64 people happy if you think it's an affair on consoles. After the first dozen people calling the admins retards, you just learn to start ignoring any and everybody.

Teams unbalanced? Bummer. We tried. You keep complaining? Well, we used to give warnings, but I ran through my patience, so you get a kick.

I kinda miss having the Dome. It's a funny sight to see console players echoing our complaints from over five months ago.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Battlefield...Battlefield never changes...

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    Is the PC Dome still up? I still see it in my favorites list so I assume so but...

• furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    JebusUD wrote: »

Gentlemen, gentlemen. You give me too much credit. I'll say this about furlion and his gang. They are constantly on the objective.

Yeah we tried. I was not sure how many people on our team were PA people or not but it did seem like a preponderance of the skilled players ended up on one side...unfortunately it was the side shooting at me.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
    furlion wrote: »

Gentlemen, gentlemen. You give me too much credit. I'll say this about furlion and his gang. They are constantly on the objective.

Yeah we tried. I was not sure how many people on our team were PA people or not but it did seem like a preponderance of the skilled players ended up on one side...unfortunately it was the side shooting at me.

There were the guys with PA in their names. And than add in WonderMink and his IRL friends who had the RRSP tag to that same team. It's about as stacked as it could get at that point. Not a helo or tank made it far without being marked and immediately javelined.

And I may overstate minks ability...But he plays the objective aggressively and has great aim and reaction time. That and he seems to have a laser beam for my godamn head. Combine all that and he's the bane of my BF existence.

Maybe later on this afternoon or evening we can get the Dome going again and split things up and murder one another for most glorious points and admiration of peers.

Pulled the PA tag out of my name. Think we scare pubbies like we're some kind of ass destroying clan.

@furlion...You can be a member of multiple platoons. Join the 82nd too!

Mulletude wrote: »
    Pulled the PA tag out of my name. Think we scare pubbies like we're some kind of ass destroying clan.

@furlion...You can be a member of multiple platoons. Join the 82nd too!

I am already in the 82nd! Joined up months ago when it was first made.

Haha...Ok. Only have about 8 or so guys who I play with regularly so I may have forgotten some of the names. :)

• JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Imagine trying to keep 64 people happy if you think it's an affair on consoles. After the first dozen people calling the admins retards, you just learn to start ignoring any and everybody.

Teams unbalanced? Bummer. We tried. You keep complaining? Well, we used to give warnings, but I ran through my patience, so you get a kick.

I kinda miss having the Dome. It's a funny sight to see console players echoing our complaints from over five months ago.

Console gets even less control too. We cant type messages in chat so no one can request a change.

Can you force change the map on pc?

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

Console gets even less control too. We cant type messages in chat so no one can request a change.

Can you force change the map on pc?

Yep, we can restart rounds too. We also have vote scripts where people can vote for the next map as a majority.

We can change the map list and ticket counts on the fly automatically as well.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    Confuses the shit out of my why people would vote for wake island.

• CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Mulletude wrote: »
    Battlefield...Battlefield never changes...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c98gIxCe1zo

I came back to Battlefield 3 yesterday, and man have I missed DICE's sound effects.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • onesixty2onesixty2 Registered User regular
    wakkawa wrote: »
    Confuses the shit out of my why people would vote for wake island.
    i like wake island for rush, or tdm. conquest is just a lot of wasted time...

I like 5 flag wake (i'm sure you PC guys have had that for a while though). Makes the map much more interesting to me.

• mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    Wake is garbage.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
    It's pretty much agreed that Wake is the worst map of all time.

u4OkoEI.png
  • DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular

Coming from the guy who describes how he poops when Firestorm gets voted in.

• MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    To Shiashi every map is the worst map.

But yes, Wake Island is poop. Any map that blatantly encourages bad sniper shenanigans is a bad map.

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
    edited April 2012
    Yeah, about the MASS thing. This was on Karkand of all places.

wZSvz.png

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    To Shiashi every map is the worst map.

But yes, Wake Island is poop. Any map that blatantly encourages bad sniper shenanigans is a bad map.

Firestorm is better with the vehicle changes. Map still needs 400 jeeps to run around in.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Doctor DeimosDoctor Deimos Registered User regular

Coming from the guy who describes how he poops when Firestorm gets voted in.

It's weird though, Wake sometimes is so bad that it's actually fun. I never play seriously on Wake and I end up having a good time.

• wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    Is the MASS immune to suppression effect?

Thing is pretty damn accurate.

wakkawa wrote: »
    Is the MASS immune to suppression effect?

Thing is pretty damn accurate.

Shotguns don't suffer, IIRC.

u4OkoEI.png
  • FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Wait, wait, is someone's rank REALLY Colonel 82 ?

Sunshine and fresh air don't cause herpes, you know.

• ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    Fairchild wrote: »

don't hate playboy you're just suppressed

edited April 2012

kissing and sharing cups does jackass, and theres girls in that fresh air. The basement is SAFE. No herpe can get me down here....

mojojoeo on
  • FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    The basement is SAFE. No herpe can get me down here....

Can't argue with that. There's no way that a STD, or anything else sexually transmitted, is getting to you down there.

Fairchild on
  • SonorkSonork CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Just tried the DART with underslung/heavy barrel. It did kinda feel like cheating. Still fun though. ^_^

Sonork on
    edited April 2012

I feel reealll good about my life. :)

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • TPSouTPSou Mr Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Oh man I didn't realise there was a Dome server on Xbox now, I'm gonna come have a look. I hate to think what I'll find. I used to be good at BC2 but earlier I re-enacted that Die hard scene where he hits a helicopter with a car out of a tunnel, except I was in the helicopter, and flew into the car into a tunnel. End result was very similar.

Edit: Aww no-one is online

TPSou on
  • ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    I will be on 360 Dome later.

Maybe mix it with some KOF98.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    Sonork wrote: »
    Just tried the DART with underslung/heavy barrel. It did kinda feel like cheating. Still fun though. ^_^
    *Chuff*
    Enemy Killed 100
    *Chuff*
    Headshot 10
    Double Kill 40
    Enemy Killed 100
    Enemy Killed 100
    *Chuff*
    and so on all round.

• s1ppycups1ppycup Registered User regular
    I liked the MASS before it was cool.
    </hipster>

GTA V (PSN): chingrimach
    LoL: s1ppycup
    BF3 + 4: Hardon_Edgewise (PC)
    MH3U: s1ppycup (WiiU)
  • SonorkSonork CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I'm liking the SG553, throw heavy barrel and it's almost like an assault rifle. Excellent handling for close and mid range on full auto. Even single shot pelting has gotten me long range kills. It's my new favorite engi gun.

Sonork on
    TPSou wrote: »
    Oh man I didn't realise there was a Dome server on Xbox now, I'm gonna come have a look. I hate to think what I'll find. I used to be good at BC2 but earlier I re-enacted that Die hard scene where he hits a helicopter with a car out of a tunnel, except I was in the helicopter, and flew into the car into a tunnel. End result was very similar.

Edit: Aww no-one is online

Give it a bit. Once we get about 5 people on it will start to fill up.

• MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Scaaaaaat, come watch me be terrible at this game.

Also come see how drunk I can get.

Clock's ticking.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
    The inability of my friends to admit that they are lesser players then the PA folks means I will have to be on the 360 dome solo from now on lol.

• MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    I'm worse than all the PA BF3 players.

XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    Sonork wrote: »
    I'm liking the SG553, throw heavy barrel and it's almost like an assault rifle. Excellent handling for close and mid range on full auto. Even single shot pelting has gotten me long range kills. It's my new favorite engi gun.

It is good. I occasionally use it with the ACOG.

Ditch the foregrip to avoid the vertical recoil for long distances.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
    edited April 2012
    furlion wrote: »
    The inability of my friends to admit that they are lesser players then the PA folks means I will have to be on the 360 dome solo from now on lol.

Tell them we will make men out of them...or something...Whatever it takes to keep them playing. :winky:

And if you're running solo and playing with us, feel free to join the XBL party. Were going to invite you but figured you were in one with your buddies.

Mulletude on