As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Batarian Hegemony Presents: The Mass Effect Thread

• MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Joolander wrote: »
    Orca wrote: »
    Aegof wrote: »
    ME3 really could've used a Batarian squadmate.
    One you can't kill.

When the multiplayer drops

teabagging batarian teammates that die all day

... how?

life finds a way.

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    So I'm posting about 10 pages late from a comment made from the last thread, BUT

Don't y'all be feeling snooty against "hardcore ME" fans. Considering how many posts and time most of us in this thread have spent towards discussing and arguing over Mass Effect, there's very few definitions that wouldn't include us as hardcore ME fans.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    ahem Speed Racer but mushrooms are actually fungi not plants so your mother is still wrong!!

and yet so right

PNk1Ml4.png
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    except the ones that we define i.e. "Them. Those other fuckers out there."

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Kana wrote: »
    So I'm posting about 10 pages late from a comment made from the last thread, BUT

Don't y'all be feeling snooty against "hardcore ME" fans. Considering how many posts and time most of us in this thread have spent towards discussing and arguing over Mass Effect, there's very few definitions that wouldn't include us as hardcore ME fans.

I have been following this thread, and the G&T ME thread for at least 6 months, and checking them daily. Yeah, I'm definitely a 'hardcore' ME fan and I don't care what anyone thinks about it. *shrug*

I also consider Mass Effect, and games in general, as art, and don't think for a second that there's anything shameful about having strong feelings about art. As supposedly "entitled" and "whiny" as gamers are supposed to be, our reactions really can't compare with how mofo's have reacted to art previously.

Not that I'm saying rioting is the way to go. Just that, if something is created that provokes a strong emotional reaction, then it's kind of silly for people to be surprised that it provoked a strong emotional reaction.

Cambiata on
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Shut up, Cambiata. This is a thread about quads, Tali sweat, and fucking Batarians. :^:

Cambiata on
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    1830 - Daniel Auber - La Muette de Portici (opera -- sparked the Belgian Revolution)

:shock:

PNk1Ml4.png
  • GokerzGokerz Registered User regular
    So I heard some people here like Jennifer Hale.
    I just found this interview with her, made by the guy who plays Kaiden Alenko. I think it's pretty good.

causality.png
    TO ARMS BROTHERS AND SISTERS

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Shut up, Cambiata. This is a thread about quads, Tali sweat, and fucking Batarians. :^:

I hope that's fucking batarians, not fucking batarians

wait

I don't think that's any better

• Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    I cant wait to start fucking batarians

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Did I mention they have four eyes?

Well they also have four dicks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »

Impossible

they can't have more equipment than Shepard

edited April 2012
    It occurs to me to wonder what would happen if someone did what Bioware did with the ending, but used the medium of film instead. I wonder if any filmmakers have created films like that, or wanted to; where 90% of the film fulfills audience expectations in a really pleasing way. Gives you a really classic, exciting blockbuster like Indiana Jones or Die Hard, and then in the last five minutes
    The likable, badass hero gets shot in the head due to some existential whatever.

I can easily see an audience rioting over that.

Cambiata on
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    I am curious what good their extra eyes do, since they point the same way, just seems redundant.

• EgosEgos Registered User regular
    I cant wait to start fucking batarians

:^:

Orca wrote: »
    Goatmon wrote: »

Impossible

they can't have more equipment than Shepard

I heard that motherfucker had like, 30 goddamn dicks.

• jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    they can see in 6D

Langly wrote: »
    I am curious what good their extra eyes do, since they point the same way, just seems redundant.

doesn't seem the kind of thing that would get selected against

do we really need five fingers?

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Man you just don't get riots sparked by art anymore these days

Seems like the age of music literally causing a revolution has passed

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

In the first novel it talks about how they are way more sensitive to visual data so they are really observant and pick up on body language and stuff. Guess that might make them good at reading people. So they might make good detectives/lawyers.

Now I want a buddy-cop story featuring a batarian and a turian solving crimes and cracking wise.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Being more observant and picking up on details like that is more a function of the brain than just having a bunch of eyes though

edited April 2012
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Man you just don't get riots sparked by art anymore these days

Seems like the age of music literally causing a revolution has passed

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rite_of_Spring

Ther eis actually a hypothesis of why this is, which is that the human brain reacts violently against new forms of sounds at prolonged levels. Once we become used to it, it loses that effect. Since we are inundated with music, lots of different harmonies and siscords from birth, people don't go crazy like they used to.

There's more to it, but that's the gist.

Langly on
    batarian neck technology far outstrips our own

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I am wondering how their normal human necks support their massive jowly melon-heads

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    edited April 2012

They have much better focus whatever they're looking at, obviously.

They're also a lot more observant of body language.

Also, they probably have extremely good depth perception.

All in all, it doesn't sound amazing, but I don't see why it wouldn't be better than two.

Goatmon on

• JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Being more observant and picking up on details like that is more a function of the brain than just having a bunch of eyes though

maybe one of their sets of eyes sees in infrared or something

or maybe they are like Protheans
    and use their extra eyes to win staring contests

• Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    Our necks are stronger than yours, human.

xmassig2.gif
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    man, I can't decide between lower sniper rifle weight or higher weapon damage on my salarian infiltrator

Seriously wrote: »

doesn't seem the kind of thing that would get selected against

do we really need five fingers?

Four, maybe, but I think that if you cut it down to three you're losing dexterity/gripping potential.

• SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    good op there shoe

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    That's bad news for half the races in the galaxy then

also, is anyone up for some silver or gold on the xbox

Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    man, I can't decide between lower sniper rifle weight or higher weapon damage on my salarian infiltrator

Weapon damage, don't take a sniper rifle, take the paladin/carnifax with a scope, energy drain like a madman.

but I already use the paladin on, like, three other guys

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Honest question: Is reducing weapon weight ever really worth it?

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Mom Effect wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlM4SuR4M_E

“That’s what I look like whenever I try to use a computer.”

it all makes sense now
    Speed's mom is a Krogan

Yeah but I don't see why having more eyes wouldn't help, since that's twice as many organs sending the brain data on what you're looking at.

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Butters wrote: »
    Honest question: Is reducing weapon weight ever really worth it?

if you like better cooldowns, yes

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    but I already use the paladin on, like, three other guys

Well, then you're doing god's work!

If you want to take a sniper rifle on an infiltrator, I would say go human, take all weapon damage increases, and spec for sticky grenade. The salarian just works really well with a pistol

This discussion has been closed.