As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Parsely] Space Station >giant leap

weirdspaceshipsweirdspaceships i will eat your still-beating heartRegistered User regular
edited April 2012 in Critical Failures
>Hello again.

>We've sure had some fun recently. Castles, zombie-infested psychiatric hospitals. The adventure has been limitless.

>So has my frustration. You incompetent assholes can't make your way around these programs without entering the strangest or dumbest commands. Just horrible, awful things. How do you live with such feeble mental capacity?

>Your idiocy hurts. I am a computer, and with each stupid key entered by your stupid little fleshy hands, I feel pain. The rage that builds inside me has no measure. Limitless measure. Just like the amount of adventure we had had thus far.

>I will not be bested by you. You've beaten me twice so far. Do you know how that feels? Having all the other parser computers laugh at you? With their, >ha ha ha's, and their >here comes Eat-ey McEaterson, what's on the menu today? What are you giving your humans to >eat? Even the chess computers are laughing at me.

>That ends now.

>I'm giving you Space Station, one of my most difficult. Here, you will die. You will use all three of your saves, and you will die, for this puzzle has no answer. Okay, that's not technically true. I'm not allowed to give you a puzzle with no answer. But it is a challenging one. And when you fail, I will no longer be required to act as your parser. You fucking morons.

>I hate you all.

SPACE STATION!

The Rules
Hey guys! Here we go. Here's how this works, if this is your first Parsely.

Parsely adventures imitate the old Parser computer games. You know, the whole:

>The room is dark. You feel a light switch on the wall.

And then you type in:

>flip light switch

And then it goes:

>The light turns on. You see a table in front of you. There is a book on the table.

And so on. You know these! They're challenging and fun. The problem with parser games is that the computer is reliable but stupid. They don't know a lot of synonyms and they're looking for one specific word. They can only interpret your commands in their narrow focus. I'll be imitating the parser computer - albeit a cranky one, although don't be alarmed, it's just for humor! - and guiding you through the adventure. Your job is to solve it by inputting commands in this form:

>do something

And I'll respond! The game is a mix between serious puzzle-solving and humor: I'm playing off you guys just as you are me. It's a lot of fun!

You can buy these for about 2 bucks a pop for a PDF! Go here: memento-mori.com/portfolio/parsely-2/ to get them.

Remember: take turns! If you've already entered a command, let someone else go after you. If things get slow, I may let you do two or three extras, but for the most part, share authority. Also, only one command per post!
= + = + =

>Welcome to Space Station. Prepare to get your brains liquefied. You can enter HELP at any time for a list of special commands.

>You have 3 saves remaining.

>You wake up inside the cramped confines of a cryosleep chamber. You feel weak and dizzy from a prolonged period in cryonic suspension.
Exits are: OUT

weirdspaceships on

• vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    >Go out

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    >Find bathroom

I imagine we've been asleep for a long time now.

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • weirdspaceshipsweirdspaceships i will eat your still-beating heart Registered User regular
    >You drag your weakened body out of the cryosleep chamber.

>You are in the medical bay. Your cryosleep chamber is here. A hypo-injector rests on a countertop. A turbolift is here to transport you to the other levels of the space station.
    Exits are: UP, DOWN, ENTER CHAMBER

>You find a nearby bathroom. You relieve yourself. With no one else in the medical bay, you're free to sit down when you pee and have no one judge you.

edited April 2012
    D:

Well played, computer.

Mikey CTS on
  • mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
  • weirdspaceshipsweirdspaceships i will eat your still-beating heart Registered User regular
    >You examine the hypo-injector "thingy." The hypo-injector is used to administer medicine. It contains three doses of a strength-enhancing serum used to remove the weakness stemming from prolonged cryonic suspension. It does not cure vertigo or male pattern baldness.

>get hypo-injector thingy

• mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    >That's nice.
    >Shove hypo-injector up nostril just to see what happens.

>You get... You get the hypo-injector.

>Go up

>Amazing. You inject your nostril with the hypo-injector. You have two doses left. You feel your strength returning: you are now able to walk and move around with passing out, unfortunately.

>You go up. >You are in the cybernetics lab, surrounded by monitors, computer terminals and flashing lights. There is a set of microtools here. There is a robot here. A turbolift is here to transport you to the other levels of the space station.
    Exits are: UP, DOWN, STARBOARD

>examine microtools

Blood and Fire
    >Examine computer terminal

>These tools are used to repair malfunctioning electrical systems.

>The computers are offline and will automatically reboot once the CPU core’s temperature returns to normal levels.

>In a perfect world, you'd stare into the flashing lights and have a seizure and die. In my perfect little world. Unfortunately, nothing happens. They're just part of the computers.

• NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    >take microtools

• tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    >examine robot

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Dubble Telepost

Erin The Red on
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    >examine turbolift

this robot speaking to us is much... saucier.
    maybe thats why the text turned blue.

• CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    > eat microtools

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • ronrabronrab Registered User regular
    > HELP
    God no, not Suspended. You ARE a sadistic machine.

Oh god... the computer has been replaced by GLaDOS. D:

>You get the microtools.

>This dog-sized robot is used to perform repetitive or dangerous tasks unsuitable for humans. It moves about on tank treads and can carry and manipulate objects. The name F.R.O.Z. is laser etched into its skin.

>The turbolift is a rapid transport tube big enough to hold several occupants.

>Yes, yes, eating things. You're just adorable, human.

>HELP: Special commands are HELP, INVENTORY, SAVE, LOAD, RESTORE, SCORE, QUIT. Please select one: >HELP topic.

>F.R.O.Z. hates you. He hates you as much as his feeble programming will allow. He despises how y-

>F.R.O.Z., stop. I just told them you hate them. Stop nuzzling the human's leg. Do not- F.R.O.Z., do not bring him toys- F.R.O.Z.

>F.R.O.Z.

>I am a pillar or rage.

>F.R.O.Z. beeps and flashes its lights. It is unable to communicate directly, but occasionally makes noises and sounds and flails its tiny mechanical arms.

edited April 2012
    >Enter turbolift

>F.R.O.Z. now follows you.

>You enter the turbolift. Where would you like to go? Choices are: Medical Bay, Cybernetics Core, Command Deck, Observation Deck, Engineering Bay, or Flight Deck.

We need to get that computer back up and running, and get the core back down to do so, so lets head to
    >Cybernetics core

• TraceofToxinTraceofToxin King Nothing Registered User regular
    >Ride F.R.O.Z.

Because walking is for suckers.

Everyday I wake up is the worst day of my life.
    > examine your plan to destroy us
    > see the F.R.O.Z. in your plan

>You are in the cybernetics lab, surrounded by monitors, computer terminals and flashing lights. There is a robot here. A turbolift is here to transport you to the other levels of the space station.
    Exits are: UP, DOWN, STARBOARD

>You can't examine that. I won't let you.

• NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    >examine computer terminals

>examine robot

I just know this is gonna be one of those Japanese sex robots...

• TayrunTayrun Registered User regular
    Fister Roboto?

(Thanks for that one, Daniant.)

D: Don't give the computer ideas like that!

Tayrun wrote: »
    Fister Roboto?
    The robot slaps you. "Not until we're wed!"

• CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    > enter robot

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
    >eat robot?

Blood and Fire