As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[GW2]New thread is up. Hope everyone enjoyed the April BWE! It was awesome!

• HewnHewn Registered User regular
    Voro wrote: »
    Also, it's silly that they releasing a "Best of" soundtrack and not the entire goddamn soundtrack.

That always bothers me tremendously when films/games do that. It's inevitable one of the songs I wanted will be left off.

Steam: hewn
    Warframe: TheBaconDwarf
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    REG Rysk wrote: »
    Core...CORE

Why is the wall of erections in flux?

Every time I gaze longingly at the wall of erections I find some missing. Namely mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wacYm5Z_Mf0
    Enig wrote: »
    Corehealer wrote: »
    Let me know if you guys see anything to replace with the thread, or find any broken links. I'm still working on the PvP section but it's mostly done now.

A lot of the links section are broken and/or way out-of-date. I think at this point it could be trimmed down to the major stuff like the blog, twitter, major news/video-sites, etc rather than specific articles or posts.

Might be worth putting the gamescom trailer in the OP. Trailers are always fun 8-)

Did the link thing, already have the trailer in there somewhere, don't like it that much to be honest; feels all over the place to me.

488W936.png
  • CaedereCaedere S'no regrets BIRDIESRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Well, so much for that.

Unexpected medical stuff just came up, can't afford/justify prepurchasing the game at all, let alone the Collector's Edition.

And, of course Arena.net releases the promo video for the CE today, on top of everything else.

Caedere on
    FWnykYl.jpg
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Caedere wrote: »
    Well, so much for that.

Unexpected medical stuff just came up, can't afford/justify prepurchasing the game at all, let alone the Collector's Edition.

And, of course Arena.net releases the promo video for the CE today, on top of everything else.

O.O Nooo!

If I could justify buying another PP, even of just the standard edition, I would do it for you, but I can't. You've been wanting to play this game more then anyone. This makes me very sad.

488W936.png
  • TolerantZeroTolerantZero Registered User regular
    Well, so much for that.

My condolences. I hope whatever happened gets better.

Steam | Raptr | 3DS - 2552-2106-0321
  • RednazRednaz Registered User regular
    Well, so much for that.

Wow, that really sucks. I really hope that whatever the problem is isn't too serious and said person makes a full recovery.

I don't know if its an option or not, but maybe the person that got a bunch of extra beta keys at PAX east still has one that you can used for upcoming events?

Steam: The_Zeta
    LOL NA: Rednaz
    Currently Playing: Dark Forces
  • EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Just a video highlighting the features. Not really anything new here.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUd_bZm7j5c

Well, so much for that.

My condolences. I hope whatever happened gets better.

Ditto. Hope things work out.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • sidhaethesidhaethe Registered User regular
    I'm so sorry, Caedere.

• HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    Yeah, hang in there.

• ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Noooo D:

Not my :winky: Mr. Winky buddy!

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • CaedereCaedere S'no regrets BIRDIESRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Much appreciated, guys. Really, thank you all a bunch.

It's nothing serious, just extremely annoying. "Whoops, sorry, we were totally wrong in our diagnosis! I hope you like paying more co-pays and prescription costs! It's gonna run you at least another $100, possibly more! We have no idea what we're doing! :B :B"

Ugh.

EDIT: The worst part is that I have no idea how much more this will cost me, so I can't budget accordingly. If it was just the extra $100 or so, I'd be okay; sell a few games or something, be all set. But... like... I can't in good conscience spend another $60+ on a game when those costs could be several times that. I hate the not knowing part the most.

Caedere on
    FWnykYl.jpg
  • SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    That really sucks. I'm sorry to hear it.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    Anybody who buys the CE oughtta check out the art direction credits. LOOK AT ME NOW, MA!

kQwcZLJ.png
  • QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    You fancy, huh?

• Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Is toward the end of the month the 20th?

IS THAT TOWARD THE END OF THE MONTH

The 20th is almost single digit days away.

I COULD BE LOGGING IN IN A SHORT NUMBER OF DAYS.

The 20th is next weekend. :D

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
  • World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Qanamil wrote: »
    You fancy, huh?

I mean, my name's just right next to Daniel Dociu's. No big deal. (aaahhhhhhh!!)

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
    "Because we haven't ever said that it will be the 20th. Please read official communication, not rumours. ^MK" - GW2 Twitter.

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Might have to pre order that collectors edition. That Charr figure would look neat standing next to Ezio. And that art frame is nice.

On the chance of asking something answered obviously and just not seeing it, how does one gain entry to the beta weekends this time? Pre ordering?

-Loki- on
  • DigitalSynDigitalSyn Dr Digital Cumming, GARegistered User regular
    Well, so much for that.

Check your PMs

Xbox360: D1G1T4LSYN ( Yes, those are numbers. )
    PSNID: DigitalX86
    Nintendo ID: digitalsyn
    3DS Friend Code: 5300 - 9726 - 6963
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/D1G1T4LSYN/
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Might have to pre order that collectors edition. That Charr figure would look neat standing next to Ezio. And that art frame is nice.

On the chance of asking something answered obviously and just not seeing it, how does one gain entry to the beta weekends this time? Pre ordering?

That's the only way to guarantee entry.
    http://guildwars2.com/en/the-game/game-faq/#forty-six

kQwcZLJ.png
  • VoroVoro Registered User regular

It's also important that you pre-purchase rather than pre-order. Only pre-purchasing gives you beta weekend access, the 3 day headstart, and the hero band thingy. Pre-ordering gives you a 1 day headstart.

XBL GamerTag: Comrade Nexus
    Entaru wrote: »
    "Because we haven't ever said that it will be the 20th. Please read official communication, not rumours. ^MK" - GW2 Twitter.

Well it's then or the 27th, and we just like to be hopelessly optimistic when it comes to GW2. If it is the 27th... well, we can deal with that when the time comes.

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
  • MazloMazlo Registered User regular
    Question - for the traits that state something like "10% of your Toughness is given as a bonus to Power" (or Condition Damage or whatever), is that your total Toughness (so the bonus might be something like +100) or is 10% of your bonus Toughness (so the bonus might be something like +25 or +30)

Well the wording sounds like it is total Toughness, but I doubt anyone can give you an absolute answer at the moment.

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Enig wrote: »
    Entaru wrote: »

Well it's then or the 27th, and we just like to be hopelessly optimistic when it comes to GW2. If it is the 27th... well, we can deal with that when the time comes.

I'd love for it to be the 20th, don't get me wrong. Just wanted to throw that out there so no one thought anything official had been released on the BWE dates.

• DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    I am praying that gamestop didnt screw up my reservation, considering i cannot physically make it to the store till about 7 pm tomorrow.

• Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Well they have a limited number of days for it to be, so if he is getting tiffed about it being the 20th, maybe that answers that

There is no WAY its the 13th so its prolly the 27th then!

• DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    he could just be getting tiffed at the people pretending it is for sure going to be the 20th.

It could very well be the 20th and he is just throwing everyone off.

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    I hope so cuz I kinda got a thing on the weekend of the 27th. Like a not being home Saturday and Sunday morning thing.

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Voro wrote: »

It's also important that you pre-purchase rather than pre-order. Only pre-purchasing gives you beta weekend access, the 3 day headstart, and the hero band thingy. Pre-ordering gives you a 1 day headstart.

Cool. I'll make sure that before I actually pay the full amount I ask that they know what the fuck they're doing with this. I remember a few games I was screwed out of beta events because the register monkey had no idea what the pre order code was.

• AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    the 20th is my birthday so it will be the 27th.

stupid world ruining everything all the time.

• HeisenbergHeisenberg Registered User regular
    Wait, the beta is only up on weekends, not every day?

Heisenberg wrote: »
    Wait, the beta is only up on weekends, not every day?

Yes, they did the same thing for GW1. They'll put up a weekend beta and do some larger level patching before the next one.

• ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Not every weekend, only on specified weekends.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • EntriechEntriech ? ? ? ? ? Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Draygo wrote: »
    I am praying that gamestop didnt screw up my reservation, considering i cannot physically make it to the store till about 7 pm tomorrow.
    This. They already have all of the money for my copy of the CE. Hopefully the communication is in place that tomorrow I can walk in with my receipt and walk out with a code.

• HewnHewn Registered User regular
    Qanamil wrote: »
    You fancy, huh?

I mean, my name's just right next to Daniel Dociu's. No big deal. (aaahhhhhhh!!)

How much to touch you?

I can pay in cash or gems.

Steam: hewn
    Warframe: TheBaconDwarf
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    It better be the 27th. I've got shit to do the weekend of the 20th.

Angry wrote: »
    the 20th is my birthday so it will be the 27th.

stupid world ruining everything all the time.

So do you!

You should be far too ... something to be capable of playing GW2 that weekend.

edited April 2012
    IaLJ3.png

So something like 3 am EST. I got work in the morning so tomorrow afternoon it is.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
    Arthil wrote: »
    Not every weekend, only on specified weekends.

Yeah, if they follow the GW 1 method, it will be one weekend per month.

This discussion has been closed.