As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[GW2]New thread is up. Hope everyone enjoyed the April BWE! It was awesome!

• HewnHewn Registered User regular
    I'm excited just to pre-purchase. It feels silly if I think about it, so I'm just not going to think about it.

Steam: hewn
    Warframe: TheBaconDwarf
  • ArchangleArchangle Registered User regular
    I'll join in for wishing Caedere well - I (used to) work in Health, and the road to some diagnoses is... unfortunate.

While this is pure speculation, I'm also curious how they're going to handle WuvWuv on release. We know it's normally a 2-week fight, but does that 2-weeks start at Head Start or Release? Will there be a mini 3-day wuvwuv for headstarters, or 17-days so people who buy on the official release get a full 2 weeks, or are they just going to say "screw it - people who buy on release are just going to have to put up with the fact it'll be 25% over before they set foot in the game"?

Archangle wrote: »
    I'll join in for wishing Caedere well

Yeah, same here. I'm glad he said things will be okay, but it takes a mature person to sacrifice something they've been eagerly awaiting for a more pressing need. But I'm confident we'll see you in GW2, amigo!

• AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    caedere is female.

and that's a good question archangle. i would assume it will be 17 days.

• DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    buy.guildwars2.com is giving a 403 error now. Seems like they are readying to go.

Angry wrote: »
    caedere is female.

Amiga!

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Prepurchase is "up".

liEt3nH.png
  • VoroVoro Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Prepurchase is "up".

Has it worked for anyone yet? My summary keeps changing to "Error retrieving order information." after entering my billing info.

Edit: Nevermind, seems to be having problems in general:
    Page not found

Host
    buy.guildwars2.com
    URL
    /

SpawnSrv/301.15561 Instance/0.355713868

Voro on
    XBL GamerTag: Comrade Nexus
  • kildykildy Registered User regular
    Their webserver is dying a horrible death. I don't think they fully appreciate how many people have been staying up to hammer that site.

• SejarkiSejarki Registered User regular
    Why won't you take my money!?

• BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    I'm surprised people are trying to buy it the very second it's available. Nothing's happening until at least the 20th, which is plenty of download time for the client.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
    So to save people a bunch of drama: when it demands your email address for linking your GW account? It wants the @plaync account name if you have one of those. To save you the 15 minutes of confusion as I yelled at my computer that it WAS the email address on that account and the correct password.

• DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Pre-purchase completed!!

But when I tried to register an account I got Server Error. :[

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    We're all still at work fixing these issues as fast as we can. If you guys can provide more info it'll help me out! (Browser, OS, etc)

kQwcZLJ.png
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    We're all still at work fixing these issues as fast as we can. If you guys can provide more info it'll help me out! (Browser, OS, etc)

I know you're busy as all hell right now WoM, but when you can, is there an upgrade option from regular edition to DDE?

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
    Oh man. I tried to fill out a support form, but it asks for a game account. Except I can't register an account... Hm.
    I'm using Firefox, Windows 7. As soon as I fill out the form for registering an account, I get this message:
    Server Error
    502 - Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server.
    There is a problem with the page you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed. When the Web server (while acting as a gateway or proxy) contacted the upstream content server, it received an invalid response from the content server.

DNiDlnb.png
  • World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    Arthil wrote: »

I know you're busy as all hell right now WoM, but when you can, is there an upgrade option from regular edition to DDE?

http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/game-faq/#sixty-four
    Yes, we will provide an upgrade path if you have Standard Edition and wish to upgrade to Digital Deluxe. We will release more information on this in the future.

(This is not me being a turd going RTFM; we actually just haven't released official details yet. :) )

kQwcZLJ.png
    Dibby wrote: »
    Oh man. I tried to fill out a support form, but it asks for a game account. Except I can't register an account... Hm.
    I'm using Firefox, Windows 7. As soon as I fill out the form for registering an account, I get this message:
    Server Error
    502 - Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server.
    There is a problem with the page you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed. When the Web server (while acting as a gateway or proxy) contacted the upstream content server, it received an invalid response from the content server.

This is something we're seeing with other folks too; we're all over it. Thank you for the additional details!

kQwcZLJ.png

Chrome, Windows 7.

This happens when linking my account at the end, and I'll probably do it later today instead. It looks like whatever is connecting your web tier to the account system is .. not happy.

I think it's a load issue - massive traffic. Keep trying, though.

kQwcZLJ.png
    Dibby wrote: »
    Server Error

This is something we're seeing with other folks too; we're all over it. Thank you for the additional details!

Wow, thanks for being on top of things! Good to know that it's known.

DNiDlnb.png
  • CaedereCaedere S'no regrets BIRDIESRegistered User regular
    Will everyone who prepurchases get BWE access, or is there a cut-off or something?

FWnykYl.jpg
  • RednazRednaz Registered User regular
    Really glad you guys at Arena.net are getting so many purchases that you guys are having server problems. Well, not glad about the fact that you guys are going to go without sleep for now, but you guys really deserve all these payments for the quality that we will receive when the product is done.

Picking up my pre-purchase beta code from the CE at 10 when gamestop opens up. Incoming fun! (and huge drop in schoolwork during the first beta weekend)

Steam: The_Zeta
    LOL NA: Rednaz
    Currently Playing: Dark Forces
    load error eh

better keep refreshing this site so that mine breaks through the load

liEt3nH.png
  • ZellpherZellpher Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    load error eh

better keep refreshing this site so that mine breaks through the load

I keep trying this but it just gets slower. Obviously I need to reload the page more often to compensate.

Zellpher on
    http://www.facebook.com/GuildWars2/posts/10150707243459209
    Getting a 502 error? We've got more information on that from Mike O'Brien:

"We're working on this error now. Since you're seeing this error during the registration phase, you've already successfully purchased the game, and have a key you can use to complete registration any time. There's no need to stay up tonight waiting. :)" ~RB2

This bug is a wild one, but we're all staying up to figure it out.

kQwcZLJ.png
  • BuraisuBuraisu Psychomancer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I just thought of a Charr name "Charrizard", am I doin' this right?

Edit: We should make a three-man team. Charrmander Elementalist, Charrmeleon Engineer, and I will be Charrizard a Warrior. Name ranking based on armor type, class based on ability to use fire.

I love the Warrior Long Bow which is focused on fire damage. Now I just need to find someone who wants to be a fire Elementalist and a flametrowing Engineer.

Buraisu on
    47uk6agplx83.png
    Buraisu wrote: »

Now you just need to turn into a fire breathing dragon with a permanent fire as your tail.

Or use a flamethrower...

• SlimceaSlimcea Registered User regular
    Can't find the prepurchase option for the CE on GameStop.com yet :(

steam_sig.png
  • LordOfMeepLordOfMeep Registered User regular
    Oh, so if you buy the digital version it just emails you a key? That works, I have someone who's helping me pay for it, but they have to use their paypal account to do that.

Also tried to log into NCSoft's site and GW1 a few minutes ago to make sure I could ever do HoM (Don't have EotN but maybe I will someday, wouldn't mind having a Black Moa) and found out that both were blocked, the NCSoft account being permanently blocked according to their site. Godammit, don't tell me some goose hijacked it and screwed me over. I fear that even if I get ANet to unblock my GW1 account (Which I emailed support right away), I'll be forever locked out of HoM thanks to NCSoft goosery. (assuming I ever bound my GW1 to them, I can't even remember).

SpaceGarSig.png
    Buraisu wrote: »

Edit: We should make a three-man team. Charrmander Elementalist, Charrmeleon Engineer, and I will be Charrizard a Warrior. Name ranking based on armor type, class based on ability to use fire. I love the Warrior Long Bow which is focused on fire damage.

Bulbasura, I choose you!

Not quite as good as Charrmander. :[

DNiDlnb.png
  • VoroVoro Registered User regular
    LordOfMeep wrote: »
    Oh, so if you buy the digital version it just emails you a key? That works, I have someone who's helping me pay for it, but they have to use their paypal account to do that.

Also tried to log into NCSoft's site and GW1 a few minutes ago to make sure I could ever do HoM (Don't have EotN but maybe I will someday, wouldn't mind having a Black Moa) and found out that both were blocked, the NCSoft account being permanently blocked according to their site. Godammit, don't tell me some goose hijacked it and screwed me over. I fear that even if I get ANet to unblock my GW1 account (Which I emailed support right away), I'll be forever locked out of HoM thanks to NCSoft goosery. (assuming I ever bound my GW1 to them, I can't even remember).

Yeah, you'll get an email from noreply@guildwars2.com with the key and a link to the registration page (link has key embedded by default).

If you need to get your NCSoft account back, start digging up your cd-keys and the numbers for any credit cards you attached to the account for subscriptions and such. Oh, and you can check the Hall of Monuments to see if your GW account is linked to your NCSoft account. I believe you get 2 or 3 points for that.

XBL GamerTag: Comrade Nexus
    Slimcea wrote: »
    Can't find the prepurchase option for the CE on GameStop.com yet :(

I see it.

Has a release date of June 26th. I want to believe that, but Arena.net obviously hasn't given one yet.

• LordOfMeepLordOfMeep Registered User regular
    Voro wrote: »
    LordOfMeep wrote: »

Yeah, you'll get an email from noreply@guildwars2.com with the key and a link to the registration page (link has key embedded by default).

If you need to get your NCSoft account back, start digging up your cd-keys and the numbers for any credit cards you attached to the account for subscriptions and such. Oh, and you can check the Hall of Monuments to see if your GW account is linked to your NCSoft account. I believe you get 2 or 3 points for that.

"Accounts Linked"

Awww, crap. the worst part is I can't even tell if it's linked to the one I'm trying to get into or the one I tried to get into but it won't accept my birthdate password reminder thing.

SpaceGarSig.png
    Caedere wrote: »
    Will everyone who prepurchases get BWE access, or is there a cut-off or something?
    Everyone who pre-purchases gets into all beta weekend events.

kQwcZLJ.png

I just realized, what if you guys get one million pre-purchase orders? Can your beta servers handle that many people at once?

Ok, it probably won't be a million like the beta opt-in, but a couple hundred thousand does sound reasonable in the next few days.

edited April 2012
    Rednaz wrote: »

I just realized, what if you guys get one million pre-purchase orders? Can your beta servers handle that many people at once?

Ok, it probably won't be a million like the beta opt-in, but a couple hundred thousand does sound reasonable in the next few days.

That's what you call one of those good kinda problems.

(In seriousness, I don't think we have an official line on this yet, but if you are able to pre-purchase, you're in.)

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
    I'd imagine at a certain point the beta servers are more or less live servers.

Besides, stress testing is just as important as content testing. :V

liEt3nH.png
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    I'm surprised people are trying to buy it the very second it's available. Nothing's happening until at least the 20th, which is plenty of download time for the client.

fry.PNG?1307468855

You make a reasoned case
    shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

Okay guys, I think this bug is bashed - if you had errors in registration, try again.

kQwcZLJ.png
This discussion has been closed.