As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[GW2]New thread is up. Hope everyone enjoyed the April BWE! It was awesome!

• warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    Is the 79 Digital Special ED USD the same price in the US as it is in Australia?

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • LordOfMeepLordOfMeep Registered User regular
    Wait, if my account name never contained @plaync or @ncsoft and was always just an email address (my account was made about a week after GW1 launched), does being linked to an ncsoft account even matter?

SpaceGarSig.png
  • BuraisuBuraisu Psychomancer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Question: Can we access the beta forums now that we pre-purchased? What E-mail do we use if so? And finally, is the NDA lifted?

47uk6agplx83.png
  • warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    Seeing as NDA does not lift ever I would assume no. I doubt we will be given access to the closed beta forums.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    the NDA for the first beta event is still in effect and won't be lifted.

• derangedhermitderangedhermit Madstrike PortugalRegistered User regular
    So the Portuguese retailer who is supposed to have the CE doesn't even know what "Guild Wars 2" is ... wtf :s

Was thinking on maybe ordering from the UK but it has sold out already >.>

Anyone (or WoM but he seems busy) knows if the book is going to get translated for say, french or spanish users? I might just order from the french amazon :s

Battle.net: Madstrike#2175 , GuildWars2: Madstrike.1436
  • ArchangleArchangle Registered User regular
    I just keep getting "Error Retrieving Order Information" - Australia, Digital Deluxe, Chrome/Firefox/IE (tried all 3).

• Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    Archangle wrote: »
    I just keep getting "Error Retrieving Order Information" - Australia, Digital Deluxe, Chrome/Firefox/IE (tried all 3).

Same, I'm just going to come back later tonight.

• World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    When did I become a dude named WoM?

Anyway, the CE book is in fact localized in German and French. We're also working on getting the CE available in UK again asap.

(I'm not ignoring the other questions in here, but I'm trying to make sure I'm replying with stuff we've said officially, because I don't want to speak out of turn and make the community/marketing squad cross with me.)

kQwcZLJ.png
  • World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular

I'm going to wager that you're trying to buy with Paypal? Definitely contact support.guildwars2.com, they're up taking care of support issues.

kQwcZLJ.png
    I'm sorry, was it because of i called you a dude or WoM? Or both? Maybe Sir WoM? Dear World of Myth?

Thanks a lot for answering :)

edited April 2012

I'm going to wager that you're trying to buy with Paypal? Definitely contact support.guildwars2.com, they're up taking care of support issues.

You lose that wager! Do I get a free copy? ;)

I just don't want to see 10 copies charged to my Visa from trying multiple times from 3 different browsers. ;)

UPDATE: It magically started working. I blame the Asura.

Archangle on
    You can blame internet batman. He fixed this one.

kQwcZLJ.png
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Pre-purchase complete.

Now let me pre-play it!

Instead of that, I'll just pre-thank you for your pre-purchase.

kQwcZLJ.png
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    So Amazon.de shows the pre-purchase edition, even says it's "in stock" but when I click "add to shopping cart" it just says "your shopping cart is empty".

Huh.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
    I bought it from GW2.com. Was considering getting it from Webhallen (ye olde Swedish online shop), but it seems the SEK is pretty strong against the euro right now so I actually saved some pocket change when you added shipping, and I don't have to worry about waiting for the disc to arrive in time.

Well it's 5€ cheaper on Amazon AND I can buy it right now instead of waiting 5 days for my money transaction to arrive on my paypal account.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
    I suppose it's time to start discussing this: should we Euros play on US servers with the PA gang there, or stick to a Euro server for a PA guild?

I'll be on EU with all my RL friends but since you can always visit servers, I'll probably drop by on US a few times.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    I suppose it's time to start discussing this: should we Euros play on US servers with the PA gang there, or stick to a Euro server for a PA guild?

Yeah I was wondering about that, obviously we can use the play with friends option for PvE but not PvP.

steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
    To be honest, i don't even care for the BWE or the 3 day earlier start, i just want the CE statue and book. Hopefully our retailer here won't screw me :(

And now Amazon.de says GW2 pre-purchase is "unavailable".

:(

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    We're assuming a lot thinking there will even be different NA/EU servers. All we know is there are different data centers.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
    Arthil wrote: »
    We're assuming a lot thinking there will even be different NA/EU servers. All we know is there are different data centers.

But if we don't know which server is where, how can we choose the proper master race server?

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • TarielTariel SwedenRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    And all signed up, with account linked (still only 28 in the HoM though) and email received. :D

Oh and while I think my main in release will be a human elementalist, the same as my GW1 main, I am not sure I want to play one much during the beta weekends. Hmmmm. *ponders*

Tariel on
    GW2_Tariel.pngTSW_Monique.png
    "You don't stop playing games because you get old, you get old because you stop playing games."
    From Twitter:
    For those of you asking, yes you will be able to upgrade from standard to Digital Deluxe, it will be linked within your account! ^AT

On the off chance that those thingies actually turn out to be of use.

edited April 2012
    Echo wrote: »
    From Twitter:
    For those of you asking, yes you will be able to upgrade from standard to Digital Deluxe, it will be linked within your account! ^AT

On the off chance that those thingies actually turn out to be of use.

I still want a GW1 glowy hands equivalent. I have the special dances from Factions and Nightfall CEs, but a glowy hands would be the icing on the cake.

Archangle on
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    Yay, I got to throw my money at someone!

• EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    Money status: taken.

Enjoy it ANet. Buy yourself something nice.

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • BuraisuBuraisu Psychomancer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Have we talked about where the Guild's Influence will flow?
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Influence

I am hoping Art of War followed by Architecture's Foundry to support Art of War siege equipment reduced cost.

47uk6agplx83.png
  • steejeesteejee Registered User regular
    Went with DD - the extra bits may not be worth it (though the small boosts may be worth it in themselves), but I figure the price is what I'd pay for any P2P MMO for box + 1 month, so that seems fine to me.

The Great DAMNED STEAM SALES AND WII/U Backlog
    Just Finished: Borderlands (waste of $7)/Mario Brothers U/The Last Story/Tropico 4
    Currently Playing: NS2/ZombiU/PlanetSide 2/Ys/Dota2/Xenoblade Chronicles
    On Hold: Prince of Persia: Warrior Within/GW2/Scribblenauts
    Coming Next: Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones/X-Com Classic
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Bought the Collector's Edition. Yay for useless junk.

Amazon.de all sold out :(

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
    Can't you get it from any of the others .DE retailers? https://buy.guildwars2.com/retailers has 4-5 different ones

• Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    I almost doubted myself for a second, then I said no effin way to that and it was done.

Successful purchase. Now its time for waiting game number 2.

• EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    10-17 days waiting time. Then the glory of GW2 shall blaze upon my own humble 1080P monitor.

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
    Can't you get it from any of the others .DE retailers? https://buy.guildwars2.com/retailers has 4-5 different ones

The other one is sold out and Mediamarkt + Saturn are actual stores I need to walk into and hope they have the game there. Which I will try tomorrow.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Looked at buying Guild Wars 2 on Amazon.com and it didn't say anything about the pre-purchase program. Anyone able to confirm it'd still work there?

What is this I don't even.
  • BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    No CE on amazon... that blows.

Does gamestop do release day stuff as reliably as amazon?

Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
This discussion has been closed.