As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[GW2]New thread is up. Hope everyone enjoyed the April BWE! It was awesome!

• am0nam0n Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I would be careful with Amazon:
    Pre-order Price Guarantee. Learn more.

This item has not yet been released.
    You may pre-order it now and we will deliver it to you when it arrives.
    See details. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.

Pre-order is not the same as pre-purchase. Pre-order won't get you into the BWEs and only gets you 1 day of head start, not 3.

Edit: Unless this has been clarified somewhere and I just missed it.

am0n on
  • SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Preeeeeee-purchased! Happy dance! I have been scanned and identified and will be SwashbucklerXX.2760.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Yep. All set here too.

Seller is A++ would throw money at again.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Kroyd_KrensonKroyd_Krenson Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    I suppose it's time to start discussing this: should we Euros play on US servers with the PA gang there, or stick to a Euro server for a PA guild?

EU server would be my vote. Nothing sucks more in these games than lag, can ruin the whole thing.

steam_sig.png
  • warder808warder808 Registered User regular
    Boughted. I'll be Aan allein.4589
    Later.

steam_sig.png
  • ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Do you need to do anything special at Gamestop for it to be considered a prepurchase as opposed to a preorder? I have the CE in my cart now.

• AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    I suppose it's time to start discussing this: should we Euros play on US servers with the PA gang there, or stick to a Euro server for a PA guild?

EU server would be my vote. Nothing sucks more in these games than lag, can ruin the whole thing.

EU penny arcade guilds tend to burn up in a blaze of glory around one month after launch as we all get ADD and move onto something else. Having no one to play with tends to suck as much as if not more than a bit of latency :)

steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • DigitalSynDigitalSyn Dr Digital Cumming, GARegistered User regular
    Got my prepurchase in.

Also sent bucks to @caedere so she can get in on the DDE.

Xbox360: D1G1T4LSYN ( Yes, those are numbers. )
    PSNID: DigitalX86
    Nintendo ID: digitalsyn
    3DS Friend Code: 5300 - 9726 - 6963
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/D1G1T4LSYN/
  • BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    Artereis wrote: »
    Do you need to do anything special at Gamestop for it to be considered a prepurchase as opposed to a preorder? I have the CE in my cart now.

Hmm, I'm wondering this too now.

I see no pre-purchase method when on the gamestop site....

Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    All pre-purchased up. Now to find something to do for 2-3 weeks until the first open beta...

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    For some reason ArenaNet had no account information on me even though I played the GW1 beta/trial. Had to create a new account. Oh well.

Sarksus wrote: »
    For some reason ArenaNet had no account information on me even though I played the GW1 beta/trial. Had to create a new account. Oh well.

I think the only linkable accounts are the ones with EOTN attached.

• MazloMazlo Registered User regular
    Achievement Unlocked: Early Acquisition

Woo
    Woo

Entaru wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »

I think the only linkable accounts are the ones with EOTN attached.

That is weird, as they didn't specify. Just asked if I had a GW account. Oh well, doesnt matter.

• KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    Now some ass is re-selling the standard edition on Amazon.de for 90€ XD

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • derangedhermitderangedhermit Madstrike PortugalRegistered User regular
    Klyka:
    GuildWars2 wrote:
    @m0rci we are working on getting Amazon.de more stock of the standard edition. ^AT

Battle.net: Madstrike#2175 , GuildWars2: Madstrike.1436
  • BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    Woo prepurchased!

Also figured out the email/password combination of my old account after only 6 tries!

Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
    Also, WaM. I don't know if you had anything to do with that buy site (I would imagine so since you're on the web team). But it's really well designed and conveys the pretty of the game very well.

• BoogdudBoogdud Registered User regular
    So release date of June 26 according to gamestop. Is that legit? My wife is flipping the hell out.

• BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    Boogdud wrote: »
    So release date of June 26 according to gamestop. Is that legit? My wife is flipping the hell out.

So, no.

Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
  • EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    No it is not legit. Do not believe any release date until you see it on the official site.

ANet have not given a release date because they have not decided their release date yet (the upcoming beta weekends will determine it).

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • ArchangleArchangle Registered User regular
    Enig wrote: »
    No it is not legit. Do not believe any release date until you see it on the official site.

ANet have not given a release date because they have not decided their release date yet (the upcoming beta weekends will determine it).

"First Beta Weekend was a success!" "Okay, release tomorrow!"

• BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    Oh ffs. Can't log into my master account with any password I've ever used, and the reset password process is broken. /sigh.

Boughted though!

96058.png?1619393207
  • Brooklyn.NickBrooklyn.Nick Registered User regular
    Wellp, got me a pre-purchase. That makes it two games bought so far this year, neither of which is out yet. I can't tell if I'm getting more patient, or less patient.

Look, I never had a dream in my life, 'cause a dream is what you wanna do and still haven't pursued; I knew what I wanted and did it 'til it was done, so I've been the dream that I wanted to be since day one.
    --Aesop Rock
  • GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    Gamestop is retarded. Trying to get the CE in store and they have no clue what I'm talking about. Anyone get a CE from them yet?

• SuperdupeSuperdupe Registered User regular
    Hmm...guildwars2.com does not support Internet Explorer for submitting purchasing information. That seems...odd. It wouldn't be an issue if I were at home but I'm trying to buy from my work computer. I get that IE sucks but a ton of people still use it, that seems like a decision that will cost them quite a bit of money.

Oh well, guess I'll buy it through my iphone.

steam_sig.png
  • HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    OK I've got a question that I don't think has been answered yet.

For us jet-setting international travelling types, is there going to be an option to migrate accounts from the US to EU servers or vice-versa? I just want to know if a) I'm going to have to buy two copies of the game (which I'm not too bothered about) and b) if any progress I make with my US-based characters is going to be lost forever when I'm back home in the EU (which I'm a lot more bothered about)

Huggles on
  • unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    i believe they haven't said if there's a way to transfer your account

I remember there being a blurb somewhere on their site or Twitter that they are aware of people who travel and they will release more info about that.

• SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    They have said that they are aware that many of their fans travel and they are working on a solution.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    Excellent, I'll keep an eye on the news.

• derangedhermitderangedhermit Madstrike PortugalRegistered User regular
    It will probably be like at the beginning of GW1 where you had a limited ammount of changes to your region.

Also, if World as Myth (got it right now, yay!) or someone else can sort of clear this:
    Ok seems we need to clear something up quickly, pre-purchase of #GW2 gives you a retail code (full game) for the #GW2 not a beta code! ^AT

IF i understood this, when the game is released, i won't have to wait for the game box to get to me to start playing, is that it? Because with that, i won't have any problems ordering from Zavvi. They are a bit shitty about shipping to outside the UK :(

Battle.net: Madstrike#2175 , GuildWars2: Madstrike.1436
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    Just bought it on Amazon after they got new swag in.
    They say it'll be "shipped" on April 17th. Good enough for me, not like the beta will start before the 27th.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • EntriechEntriech ? ? ? ? ? Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Welp, Canada EBGames haven't received their Guild Wars 2 prepurchase codes today. So good on that. Guess I'll keep clutching my pre-order slip and hoping.

• strider shizumastrider shizuma wizard Registered User regular
    So I went first thing this morning to my local gamestop and put 25 bux down on a CE, and the guy there had no clue about a physical beta box to give me. Does anyone know anything about this? Has ANYONE been given a physical beta box today so far?

So I went first thing this morning to my local gamestop and put 25 bux down on a CE, and the guy there had no clue about a physical beta box to give me. Does anyone know anything about this? Has ANYONE been given a physical beta box today so far?

You have to prepurchase to be given the code. So you'd need to pony up the full $150 for the box.

The codes are not beta keys, it seems, they are actual keys for the game that just happen to also give BWE access.

• strider shizumastrider shizuma wizard Registered User regular

You have to prepurchase to be given the code. So you'd need to pony up the full $150 for the box.

The codes are not beta keys, it seems, they are actual keys for the game that just happen to also give BWE access.

AH! Thanks for the clarification on that, looks like I'll need to go back into the store at lunch and plop down the full amount.

• CaedereCaedere S'no regrets BIRDIESRegistered User regular
    DigitalSyn wrote: »
    Got my prepurchase in.

Also sent bucks to @caedere so she can get in on the DDE.

I cannot thank you enough, I really can't. You and everyone else who PMed me to offer assistance, it really means a lot to me. In fact, I almost cried, you guys. :lol:

It goes to show that WANG really and truly is deserving of the name. ;D Everyone is so nice and totally awesome.

Thank you again.

FWnykYl.jpg

AH! Thanks for the clarification on that, looks like I'll need to go back into the store at lunch and plop down the full amount.

I'd give them a call first and make sure you can get a pre-purchase box before you put down the full amount. Just to make sure.

I'd hate to see anyone put down the full amount and only get a pre-order out of the deal because Gamestop sucks.

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Klyka wrote: »
    Just bought it on Amazon after they got new swag in.
    They say it'll be "shipped" on April 17th. Good enough for me, not like the beta will start before the 27th.

Were you able to fully pre-purchase, thus getting all the extra access, and not just pre-order from amazon?

What is this I don't even.
This discussion has been closed.