As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[GW2]New thread is up. Hope everyone enjoyed the April BWE! It was awesome!

• derangedhermitderangedhermit Madstrike PortugalRegistered User regular
    He pre-purchased from amazon.de ... it's one of the few amazons that has it (the french is the other).

Battle.net: Madstrike#2175 , GuildWars2: Madstrike.1436
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Klyka wrote: »
    Just bought it on Amazon after they got new swag in.
    They say it'll be "shipped" on April 17th. Good enough for me, not like the beta will start before the 27th.

Were you able to fully pre-purchase, thus getting all the extra access, and not just pre-order from amazon?

Sure, otherwise I wouldn't have done it.
    It's specifically listed as "Standard Edition with beta access" and the description mentions multiple times how you get beta access and 3 day headstart.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • strider shizumastrider shizuma wizard Registered User regular
    Entaru wrote: »
    So I went first thing this morning to my local gamestop and put 25 bux down on a CE, and the guy there had no clue about a physical beta box to give me. Does anyone know anything about this? Has ANYONE been given a physical beta box today so far?

You have to prepurchase to be given the code. So you'd need to pony up the full $150 for the box.

The codes are not beta keys, it seems, they are actual keys for the game that just happen to also give BWE access.

AH! Thanks for the clarification on that, looks like I'll need to go back into the store at lunch and plop down the full amount.

I'd give them a call first and make sure you can get a pre-purchase box before you put down the full amount. Just to make sure.

I'd hate to see anyone put down the full amount and only get a pre-order out of the deal because Gamestop sucks.

Eesh now I'm really confused. Just called them and the guy said they haven't received ANY pre-purchase box at all and he has NO clue what the eff I'm talking about when I ask him if what I'm doing is pre-ordering or pre-purchasing it. I'm at a loss at what to do at this point.

Do you guys suggest I pay the full amount up front and see what happens? Maybe the key will indeed be printed on the bottom if I pay the full amount.

• Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Has anyone pre-purchased it in the US from BestBuy.com or GameStop.com? Both still have the pre-order as far as I can see.

• sidhaethesidhaethe Registered User regular
    I pre-ordered on Gamestop.com before going to bed this morning due to Martin's tweet that GS.com would be honoring pre-purchases (and conversions from pre-orders to pre-purchases). I'm out of the country until Wed. night so this is really essential to me if I'm going to get the CE at all. However, GS.com *still* isn't listing a CE pre-purchase option. D: I'm on tenterhooks wondering what I can/should do.

Welp, it's pre-purchased from Zavvi. Guess i'll use my store credit card on our local retailer to get the Diablo3 CE since i have 140 Euros on it.

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    They say it'll be "shipped" on April 17th. Good enough for me, not like the beta will start before the 27th.

Were you able to fully pre-purchase, thus getting all the extra access, and not just pre-order from amazon?

It's specifically listed as "Standard Edition with beta access" and the description mentions multiple times how you get beta access and 3 day headstart.

Thanks. I couldn't find it earlier after a quick glance.

What is this I don't even.
  • RednazRednaz Registered User regular
    Badwrong wrote: »
    No CE on amazon... that blows.

Does gamestop do release day stuff as reliably as amazon?

That has been known for about 2 weeks now. It shouldn't be a surprise.

And can't answer that, haven't bought a new item from gamestop in years.
    Geod wrote: »
    Gamestop is retarded. Trying to get the CE in store and they have no clue what I'm talking about. Anyone get a CE from them yet?

I wouldn't say Gamestop is retarded, at least in this regard. Both of the guys I talked to in the past few weeks about the GW2 CE knew about it and looked it up for specific info, although they didn't exactly know (probably not told and no info in the system) about the details on the beta keys.

I already pre-purchased the CE last week (gamestop is retarded like that in the system allowing it to happen) but going into the store in 45min when it opens to see what I can pick up. I should be able to pick up the beta key at least (unless what the guy thought could happen and it just gets emailed to me).

Steam: The_Zeta
    LOL NA: Rednaz
    Currently Playing: Dark Forces
  • am0nam0n Registered User regular

Interesting. The US Amazon clearly suggests only 1 day of head start and doesn't mention beta:
    Pre-order Bonus Offer
    Pre-order Guild Wars 2 on PC and get 1-Day Head-start Access to create a Guild Wars 2 account early. The code to setup your Guild Wars 2 account early will be emailed a few days before the release of the game. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Limit one per household. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Prebought the Digital Edition and made a GW2 account. After I made my purchase it showed me what looked like a product key, I didn't think of copying it and followed the link to make my account.. I assume that key is something I need later?

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Prebought the Digital Edition and made a GW2 account. After I made my purchase it showed me what looked like a product key, I didn't think of copying it and followed the link to make my account.. I assume that key is something I need later?

They also email it to you but, as far as I can tell, it's only for your records as it's auto entered when you move on to making the account.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • ArchangleArchangle Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

The key will be emailed to the address you supplied on the buy.guildwars2.com page.

I'm still regretful about the CE, but there's no way I can justify the extra US$125 for the other stuff (yes, other regions have to pay the equivalent of US$205 for CE).

Archangle on
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Pre-purchase completed at 7:12 am before work. GF got her copy round 10 am. 2 Digital Deluxes to the cause. Now for some lunch. First BWE can't come soon enough.

Kind of glad I waited, now that I read the 4 pages that turned up since last night.

488W936.png
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Alright, thanks.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    I'm interested to see just how much money ANet make in the next twenty-four hours.

• CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular

They e-mail it to you but, as far as I can tell, it's only for your records as it's auto entered when you move on to making the account.

Ya it auto entered for me too even after I copied it to my clipboard from the page.

488W936.png
  • BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    It won't let me buy the game. It tells me there was an error and to check my information. It's all correct. Why won't it let me buy the game?!

• GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    When you put the code in the registration system does it tell you what type of code it is? Like CE vs deluxe digital vs etc?

• unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    Geod wrote: »
    When you put the code in the registration system does it tell you what type of code it is? Like CE vs deluxe digital vs etc?

it says the type in the confirmation email i got

• OhtheVogonityOhtheVogonity Registered User regular
    So, uh, what browsers do they support for buying the game? I have already tried Opera, and then IE.

Oh freddled gruntbuggly...thy micturations are to me/ As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee
    So, uh, what browsers do they support for buying the game? I have already tried Opera, and then IE.

chrome worked fine for me

• ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular

Firefox worked for me. Seems like there was an issue with paying with PayPal a page or two back? (I used a card)

76561197966849367.png
    edited April 2012

Safari was fine for me as well. I used a CC.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
    This might interesting for some ... if amazon.uk gets the CE, i'll cancel my Zavvi order.
    We are working with Amazon in both the USA and UK in regard to pre-purchase and pre-order, more news to follow :) ^AT

• MuppetmanMuppetman Registered User regular
    Anyone know why (or how) Play.com is £10 cheaper for the standard pre-purchase than either ANet or Zavvi? I cannot seem to find it on Amazon.co.uk

camo_sig2-400.png
    For those planning on pre-purchasing from US Gamestops in store:

I just picked up my beta code from Gamestop. All they gave me was a new receipt with the code that gets me into Beta along with 3 Day Early Access. It does say that the code expires June 26th (what the release date on their website currently says). This way, even if gamestop doesn't have the physical copies when they should you can still play the game early.

• StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Has anyone pre-purchased it in the US from BestBuy.com or GameStop.com? Both still have the pre-order as far as I can see.
    sidhaethe wrote: »
    I pre-ordered on Gamestop.com before going to bed this morning due to Martin's tweet that GS.com would be honoring pre-purchases (and conversions from pre-orders to pre-purchases). I'm out of the country until Wed. night so this is really essential to me if I'm going to get the CE at all. However, GS.com *still* isn't listing a CE pre-purchase option. D: I'm on tenterhooks wondering what I can/should do.

I just got home from pre-PURCHASING my CE from Gamestop. They do not have the pre-purchase CE as an option on gamestop.com, but they did have an in-store memo from corporate (with a timestamp of midnight last night - I actually saw this piece of paper) that authorizes employees to use a specific SKU - different from the pre-order SKU - in order to print the early access code on the receipt. They still claim that I will be able to pick up my physical CE box on 6/26, but we all know how likely that is.

Now I'm off to buy.guildwars2.com to buy my second (digital) copy.

EDIT: Beated by 4 minutes!

Stupid on

26904.png
    Muppetman wrote: »
    Anyone know why (or how) Play.com is £10 cheaper for the standard pre-purchase than either ANet or Zavvi? I cannot seem to find it on Amazon.co.uk

No idea, but unless Play.com is taking that hit (its $10 cheaper for me from the US) then I don't see the problem. But if they aren't giving Arena.net their cut I see a problem.

edited April 2012
    Beware that the Play.com deal might not be a pre-purchase, just a pre-order.

EDIT: nevermind, it is the pre-purchase. They had the CE before put it was just the pre-order and it was at 179 € O_O

derangedhermit on
    lmao did everyone on the beta list just get an email saying prepurchases are available

because i prepurchased five hours ago and just got that email

• RookRook Registered User regular
    Rednaz wrote: »

No idea, but unless Play.com is taking that hit (its $10 cheaper for me from the US) then I don't see the problem. But if they aren't giving Arena.net their cut I see a problem.

Play are quite good at finding loop holes to not pay VAT (which is 20% or ~ £10).

Rook wrote: »
    Rednaz wrote: »

Play are quite good at finding loop holes to not pay VAT (which is 20% or ~ £10).

Well there you go. You learn something everyday, and I was about to go to class!

• MuppetmanMuppetman Registered User regular
    Sounds good then, if I read it right there is also no physical box or discs which is fine by me. Off to order

camo_sig2-400.png
  • JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    Pre-purchase x 2 complete. Give meeeeeeeee betaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

• ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    Here's hoping my wife finds a job soon. She lost her job last week, and I can't justify any unnecessary purchases in the mean time. It's not like we're hurting for money, but even so I'd like to be prepared in case it takes a while to find one.

On another note: I hope that date of June 26th is wrong. Our anniversary is on the 29th...

• JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    If your wife wouldn't relish celebrating your anniversary by a weekend of non stop GW2, then you might want to re-evaluate your choice in a spouse. I kid, I kid.

Joshmvii on
  • steejeesteejee Registered User regular
    Here's hoping my wife finds a job soon. She lost her job last week, and I can't justify any unnecessary purchases in the mean time. It's not like we're hurting for money, but even so I'd like to be prepared in case it takes a while to find one.

On another note: I hope that date of June 26th is wrong. Our anniversary is on the 29th...

Retailers generally pull release dates out of their ass until the publisher puts out an official one. At best they may have a few days notice about the official date before the publisher puts out a press release announcing it.

The Great DAMNED STEAM SALES AND WII/U Backlog
    Just Finished: Borderlands (waste of $7)/Mario Brothers U/The Last Story/Tropico 4
    Currently Playing: NS2/ZombiU/PlanetSide 2/Ys/Dota2/Xenoblade Chronicles
    On Hold: Prince of Persia: Warrior Within/GW2/Scribblenauts
    Coming Next: Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones/X-Com Classic
  • ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    If your wife wouldn't relish celebrating your anniversary by a weekend of non stop GW2, then you might want to re-evaluate your choice in a spouse. I kid, I kid.

Haha, I know. I've been trying to get her to play PC games with me forever, but she just can't get into them. She's likes console games though.

@steejee : yeah I know, but there have been the one or two occurrences of the gamestop release date being almost right on despite being listed over a month before the publisher officially announced it.

ghost_master2000 on
  • CaedereCaedere S'no regrets BIRDIESRegistered User regular
    I am sloooooooow.

I just now realized that the BWE, if they start the last weekend of April, will be starting on the 7 year anniversary of Guild Wars. I can't believe I didn't realize this sooner. :lol:

FWnykYl.jpg
  • OhtheVogonityOhtheVogonity Registered User regular
    So, this is boughted.

And now... more waiting?

le sigh

Oh freddled gruntbuggly...thy micturations are to me/ As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee
This discussion has been closed.