As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Diablo III] The old thread.

• ZekZek Registered User regular
    Servers are up, changelog:
    Diablo III Beta Patch 16 – v.0.10.0.9183

General

All characters have been wiped. Please note that this wipe will also affect gold, items, auctions, achievements, followers, and artisans.
    A new feature has been added that allows players to view their FPS while in game
    To access this feature, hit Ctrl+R (for PC) or CMD+R (for Mac) while playing
    The cooldown on swapping skills while in Normal difficulty has been decreased from 15 seconds to 5 seconds

Classes

Barbarian

Active Skills
    DiabloWikiBash
    “Clobber” rune now has a 35% chance to stun the target for 1.5 seconds
    DiabloWikiRevenge
    Heal decreased from 6% to 5%

Demon Hunter

Active Skills
    DiabloWikiCaltrops
    Discipline cost decreased from 8 to 6
    DiabloWikiSmoke Screen
    Discipline cost decreased from 18 to 14
    Duration decreased from 3 seconds to 2 seconds
    Now provides a 10% movement speed boost while invisible
    Can now be used while under the effects of crowd control abilities
    Using Smoke Screen will break the effects of crowd control, as well as cause your character to be immune to additional crowd control abilities for its duration
    DiabloWikiVault
    Discipline cost decreased from 10 to 8

Witch Doctor

Active Skills
    DiabloWikiHaunt
    Now performs 575% weapon damage over 12 seconds (down from 15 seconds)
    DiabloWikiSacrifice
    Weapon damage increased from 200% to 275%

Crafting

Gold and material cost for crafting recipes have been adjusted
    The chance of salvaging Rate materials from Magic items has been increased

Items

Class-specific items no longer have the chance to be generated with affixes that cannot be used by that specific class
    For example, “Increased Hatred Regeneration” will no longer appear on Wands
    DiabloWikiDemon Hunter one-handed Crossbows have received a damage buff
    Spirit regeneration on DiabloWikiMonk items has been increased

Monsters

Slow, stun, and other movement-impairing effects are now more effective on Treasure Goblins
    In response, DiabloWikiTreasure Goblins will now sprint away for a moment after being hit
    Scavenger monsters will now burrow less often
    Zombies will no longer feast on corpses unless they are full health
    This is to address an issue which was preventing zombies’ enrage timer from resetting correctly

Bug Fixes
    For a full list of documented game and service bugs, please review the Known Issues sticky located in the Beta Bug Report forum.

Players can now queue for Public Games on “Reign of the Black King” after killing the Skeleton King
    Players queuing for a specific Public Games quest should no longer be placed into groups on a different quest
    Being hit with a knockback ability while using Tempest Rush will no longer disconnect you from Battle.net
    Placeholder text should no longer appear when looking at deceased Hardcore characters in the Hall of Fallen Heroes
    There should no longer be a delay when accessing the Auction House
    The female monk should now properly play her “Not Enough Resources” error message instead of her “Invalid Location” error message when attempting to perform an ability without the required amount of resources available
    Items with affixes that reduce resource costs will now correctly reduce the minimum amount of a resource required to perform a skill
    Several Simple and Advanced tooltips have received grammar corrections

• MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    I didn't know there was matchmaking, and quest-specific matchmaking at that. That's great!

Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • TarantioTarantio Registered User regular
    Magus` wrote: »
    What is this 'SS'-like thing in the Barb video people keep going on about? I missed it.. somehow.

I don't think it was entirely clear which buff was what. They specifically mentioned a buff from being at maximum rage, which is the Berserker Rage passive skill. There are also Battle Rage and Wrath of the Berserker, which presumably have a visual effect on your character that could have been seen in the video.

I'm only just now realizing how similar those three names are.

• CroakerCroaker Registered User regular
    Has anyone been able to get this:

http://reveal.diablo3.com/en_US/mark_of_valor/#!/create

to work in the last few hours? I just get a loading bar that flashes 0% at me and nothing, from multiple browsers.

• SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    It works for me. Just submitted one.

FYI I submitted that a few days ago and got nothing, but I did it again just now and got an email confirmation. Might want to do it again to be safe if you didn't get an email.

• El GuacoEl Guaco Registered User regular
    I got to keep all of my achievements from patch 15. Anyone else?

The cooldown for skillswap is only 5 seconds? It might as well not be there at all. Unless they're trying to prevent some weird bot technique.

El Guaco wrote: »
    I got to keep all of my achievements from patch 15. Anyone else?

The cooldown for skillswap is only 5 seconds? It might as well not be there at all. Unless they're trying to prevent some weird bot technique.

For Normal only. There really isn't any reason for it to be there at all when you're getting new skills.

• SkabSkab Registered User regular
    Guys, after rewatching the Barb vid, I think we have missed the most important new piece of info that can be gathered from watching it.

Templar gets a cape.

steam_sig.png
  • Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    Man Diablo II gets a lot easier when you finally go "FUCK IT" and just start running around in LR gear all the time.

• nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    you jerks better love the crap out of this auction house
    all this work
    FOR YOU

nevillexmassig1.png
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I was hoping for buffs to Discipline costs. Like I said earlier, I felt that I very rarely had to use any Discipline skills, but when I did I just didn't have enough Discipline.

• Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    neville wrote: »
    all this work
    FOR YOU
    not gonna lie
    the auction house is super important to me and i am going to love it so much, neville <3

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
    Echo wrote: »
    I was hoping for buffs to Discipline costs. Like I said earlier, I felt that I very rarely had to use any Discipline skills, but when I did I just didn't have enough Discipline.

I think the whole point of Discipline is to be very limited. That's what makes it different from Hatred.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Zek wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »

I think the whole point of Discipline is to be very limited. That's what makes it different from Hatred.

Oh, I know. But with lowered costs you'll be more inclined to use them when you're in deep shit, as opposed to saving them in case you end up being in really deep shit.

• EnderEnder Registered User regular
    Gah...I have 37 days to somehow scrounge up a new video card

mine is sooo old it isn't supported :(

ugh

• El GuacoEl Guaco Registered User regular
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    Croaker wrote: »
    Has anyone been able to get this:

http://reveal.diablo3.com/en_US/mark_of_valor/#!/create

to work in the last few hours? I just get a loading bar that flashes 0% at me and nothing, from multiple browsers.
    Argh, I keep forgetting to check out that site when I'm not behind the Iron Curtain. Does it say if there's a limit to how long it will be available?

• Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    all this work
    FOR YOU

But

But the HC money AH.... (I'll use it a lot in any event)

Items

Class-specific items no longer have the chance to be generated with affixes that cannot be used by that specific class
    For example, “Increased Hatred Regeneration” will no longer appear on Wands

That's a funny bug

• Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Yay I love community interactive stuff

Oh hey Neville would you mind detailing some of the problems/work that has to go into the auction house and how to make it secure, user friendly, and overall something people would want to use?

I'm interested in some of the things you'd have to do with it (that you can talk about).

• No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    If inferno is half as difficult as they say it is, there'll be enough time to wallow in the softcore auction house before they fold and create the hardcore one.

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    So I'm probably going to replay the old games leading up to the release of Diablo 3. Can someone link to a good, survivable Paladin build for the first time through the game? I'm not really interested in MP or super farming.

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    So I'm probably going to replay the old games leading up to the release of Diablo 3. Can someone link to a good, survivable Paladin build for the first time through the game? I'm not really interested in MP or super farming.

I don't know much about Paladin builds, but I think just about anything can survive Normal. Normal is not super hard.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Yeah, you can get through normal with just about any build on any class, even if you do /players 8 the whole way through.

And at least install plugy even if you don't want any other mods.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
    Just find an aura you like to dump most of your points into (leave that as your right skill) and a combat skill you like (as long as it isn't Sacrifice) and dump the rest of your points into that to use as your left skill. Obviously you have to put 1 point in all the prereq skills before you get to the ones you want. Also put a point in Charge for fun.

• valiancevaliance Registered User regular

I always thought the frost paladin was fun and very survivable: http://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Guide:Frost_Zealot_v1.10,_by_Kitriara

• GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012

You can do pretty much whatever, but I'd recommend

Level 2: Might
    Level 3-11: Sacrifice and 1 point in Zeal prereqs
    Level 12-23: Zeal and 1 point in Holy Shield prereqs
    Level 24: Zeal + Holy Shield
    Level 25-28: Zeal and 1 point in Fanaticism prereqs
    Level 29: save
    Level 30: Fanaticism + Salvation

From there, max Fanaticism, Zeal, and Sacrifice in that order, then dump points into Holy Shield. Switch to Salvation in sticky spots versus lightning enchanted dudes.

Enough Strength for gear, and then most of your points in Vitality. Enough Dex for max block (75%) is a good choice, but Holy Shield really buffs your block percentage so you can probably skimp a bit on it.

EDIT: when you get to Nightmare, you'll want to pick up an Act 2 Offensive mercenary for his Might aura.

Griswold on
    FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
    Keep in mind that plugy offers unlimited skill and stat respecs.

Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    stream
  • GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    On the gear front, you can craft Ancient's Pledge (Ral+Ort+Tal) in a 3-socket Paladin shield and be pretty good on resists. Look for items with enhanced damage, increased attack speed (IAS), crushing blow, life leech, resists, +STR/DEX/VIT, and +skills in roughly descending order of priority.

Lore (Ort+Sol) in any 2-socket helm is a good, cheap Nightmare option (+skills and lightning resist).

FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    all this work
    FOR YOU
    not gonna lie
    the auction house is super important to me and i am going to love it so much, neville <3

:D:D

nevillexmassig1.png
  • RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    Indeed. Not having to deal with spammy traders or finding out when a stranger is online is going to be great.

Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    RandomEngy wrote: »
    Indeed. Not having to deal with spammy traders or finding out when a stranger is online is going to be great.

Not enough lime in the world.

Bobble on
    edited April 2012
    Yep it makes a pretty huge difference as someone who doesn't give enough of a crap to scour forums and chat channels for trades. Suddenly everything you get that's valuable to anyone can be turned into something that's valuable to you - that mitigates a ton of the sometimes unfair randomness of the game's loot.

I am very curious to see how the economy will turn out with the infinite supply of non-binding items though. It must be incredibly difficult to plan out - on one hand, items will theoretically be continuously devalued due to the supply growth, making it easier and easier to get good stuff. On the other hand, when only moderately useful items lose enough value people will start salvaging them instead, thus putting a limit on the supply. Still, when that happens you'll theoretically have very good items sitting stable at just above salvage level which is no doubt pretty cheap. It might make sub-Inferno difficulties pretty trivial after a while.

Zek on
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular

What's the big deal? Low level rings? Trinket tab?

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Yeah, I don't get it.

Annoying that they seem to be sticking with the godawful skill UI. It's been a few patches now and the game has to be almost ready to ship. It's so bad, and not in a 90s way.

stream
  • No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Page- wrote: »
    Annoying that they seem to be sticking with the godawful skill UI. It's been a few patches now and the game has to be almost ready to ship. It's so bad, and not in a 90s way.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nySkau-deI

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
    I like the skill UI that was available at the start of beta. Why can't they just give us an elective mode option that makes the UI look like that? I don't care if it's not as fancy or pretty, because it was very useable if you know what you're doing.

• Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    Page- wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nySkau-deI

oh my god

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
    forty wrote: »
    I like the skill UI that was available at the start of beta. Why can't they just give us an elective mode option that makes the UI look like that? I don't care if it's not as fancy or pretty, because it was very useable if you know what you're doing.

It doesn't make sense for Blizzard to maintain two completely separate UIs that do the same thing. Hardcore players can breeze through the interface in an extra second or two, and they'll probably fine-tune their builds in third party sites or something anyway. There are a couple tweaks they could make to improve it but it really isn't that bad.

This discussion has been closed.