As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Beauty is the promise of happiness [makeup, skincare, fashion] ONLY COOL BOYS ALLOWED

• Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    really like the earrings/eyeliner too, tynic! I need to wear my hair back more often so my earrings are actually visible.

I picked up two revlon lip butters the other day since revlon products were buy one, get one half-off at my local drugstore. I like them! I got candy apple, which is a nice buildable red, and lollipop, which is a bright pink/fuchsia.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    oh, that sounds both pretty and delicious!

• Options
    they are pretty! sadly not as delicious as the names seem to promise.

• Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    revlon lip butter is amazing

I want them all

kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    Samir Duran DuranSamir Duran Duran Registered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Janson wrote: »
    A pair of the most unfortunately sad/unintentionally funny articles online:

Article 1

Article 2

I cannot stop laughing

wpuVl.jpg

yes good perfect

Oh my GOD

Leon: the unprofessional

Ani121OD.pngSpr_3e_121.gifAni121OD.png
  • Options
    revlon lip butter is amazing

I want them all

I know! I want to pick up a few more colors for sure.

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Ah, dangit!

Tippy thai was too quick for me!

She messaged me last week saying my bags would be ready in approximately ~12 days, and would delivering to my home address via Fedex be okay?

I said yes; originally I was going to give my work address, but then I realised that in 12 working days I could very easily already be on maternity leave, plus Mori is at home half the day anyway.

Well, they are on a Fedex truck for scheduled delivery by 10.30 am TODAY! That was faaast! They can't be delivered without a signature so I'll just have to collect them from the Fedex center later.

• Options
    Also, while I like the NYX eyeshadows

They do not last quite as well nor are they quite as bright as the eyeshadows I bought from etsy.

And bits, both those colours sound as if they'll work really well on you! And lip butter is such an awesome name, it conjures up all kinds of delicious images.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Oh yeah Tippy's stuff arrives super fast once she's done with them. I got my bags two days after she messaged me letting me know they were finished.

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Looks like mine got here this morning.

I hope my mailroom at school was able to sign for them today so I can grab them tomorrow. Excited.

• Options
    EricsErics Charming to the last Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Oh yeah! I got my Tippy bag today.

It is perfect. It is the right size to fit all of my everythings and has so many pockets.

WaM was right about the gray being a sort of army green tint, but that looks totally fine in my case considering it is the accent color and the majority of it is black.

fabulousFantastic.png
    Twitter | Steam | Twitch.tv ~♪
  • Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    I'm really curious to see how these turn out. Ugh.

• Options
    Haha, me too!

• Options
    I want to see pictures!

I'm making an effort to try to use more of my wardrobe - starting by wearing earrings more often! (not technically part of my wardrobe but whatever) I have a ton and if I only wear earrings on special occasions it will take me years and years for me to wear them all.

• Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    let's all be impatient together for my Lush order:

http://www.lush.com/shop/tracking.html?upscode=1Z6770W06846531287

• Options
    What did you get?

• Options
    mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    guys guys

a professorial nail dotter and striper

theyre 14 bucks together so udvndfvj but stiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiill

• Options
    That doesn't seem too much to me for professional tools!

Mori let me know my Tippy bags were successfully redelivered today, yay! (I left the fedex slip with my signature on it taped to the door).

I'm wondering if I ought to switch to liquid foundation from mineral powder, just because I don't always seem to get a great enough coverage from mineral foundation. But, I really love the colour and I love that it's quite a subtle effect when my skin is good.

• Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    I switch between liquid and mineral powder foundations. It depends on how my skin is acting and if I have a special event or something where I'll want heavier coverage because of pictures. I usually prefer the mineral powder for every day, though.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    Even with a primer I'm finding the powder doesn't stay on my nose very well. But I do love how it looks on my cheeks.

Perhaps I just ought to experiment with the two! Or maybe find a powder that's slightly more pressed, less powdery?

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    MadEddy wrote: »
    I switch between liquid and mineral powder foundations. It depends on how my skin is acting and if I have a special event or something where I'll want heavier coverage because of pictures. I usually prefer the mineral powder for every day, though.

Yes, this is me almost precisely. I have 2 liquid foundations and I'm picking up a new mineral one that should be here soon - custom colored for $35! :o

@Janson the main advantages to mineral powder foundation are that they're usually safer for sensitive skin, they are better for oily/combination skin, and they are buildable in terms of coverage.

The downfall is of course that if your skin is TOO oily then without an oil control primer or oil control finishing powder, it's not going to stay on... and if you have dry skin or lots of fine lines, mineral powder can actually make your skin look flaky or can sink into those fine lines and make them even more visible!

All mineral foundations have sheer to light coverage to start with, but the idea is that it IS buildable, so you can layer it on for more coverage. You won't get much more than medium coverage though, and even then that's with quite a bit of the stuff, which can look really cakey if you don't use a setting spray!

• Options
    edited April 2012
    seriously if any of you ladies have trouble finding makeup that matches your skintone that is also affordable, you need to give this lady a go: http://www.etsy.com/shop/pinkquartzminerals?section_id=6222876

you buy one of the ones that comes with samples and let her know what samples you want (you can also message her beforehand to see if she can suggest any)... then you try them on according to the accompanying instructions, mix them if you like, and let her know how it all worked out, then she sends you the "big" pot that you actually paid for, in the custom color you asked for!

she can also do super light or super dark shades, which I know are harder to find for most people.

I mostly tried it out because of my sensitive skin and I had a feeling my Estee Lauder powder is not only a bit TOO orange for me, it's also broken me out on a few occasions, which meant I needed a new mineral powder option.

so far I am very happy with the fact that she is just the nicest person imaginable, and from what I've tried her makeup is pretty good; wore a full face of it on top of the Benefit Porefessional Primer and it stayed on all day... I reckon it'll be perfect for work days when my skin is doing quite well but just needs a little touch-up

OH GOSH SO EXCITED TO GET MY FULL POT

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    my bunny butt order came in today! it smells soooo good. I showed it to my mom and she wants me to order her one.

• Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I think I have decided which 5 bpal oils I want:

1. 51
    "Luminescent, glowing, and otherworldly: green mandarin, neroli, honeydew, white amber, guava, freesia, white and green musks hovering over desert scrub, smashed wood, and the dry, biting scent of night air over the Groom Lake salt flats. "

2. Snake Oil
    "By far, our most popular scent! Magnetic, mysterious, and exceedingly sexual in nature. A blend of exotic Indonesian oils sugared with vanilla."
    I keep hearing about how great this is

3. Hymn to Prosperpine
    "The darkening amber of faith’s sunset, deepened by the dark fruits of Proserpine."
    The forums were able to pick out the notes and made it sound real good

4. Persephone
    " Pomegranate and rose."

5. Hanging Gardens
    "This perfume is an interpretation of the Hanging Gardens by night, based on further accounts of its fruit and flora: date palm, ebony, fir, pomegranate, plum, two pears, quince, fig, and grapevine with plumeria, three gardenias and dry rose."

I just need a 6th . . .

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    @Sheri One of us needs to buy this soap

• Options
    oh my god that soap brand has the BEST packaging EVER

• Options
    I know, right!

Thinking about some Filthy Mind bar shampoo and then one of the soaps

• Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    Awwww, my lush scrubby stuff caused me to break the fuck out

this is my sad (pimply) face ;'__,;

• Options
    Haha, that soap is awesome!

Viv - have you checked out Soap & Glory's packaging? Not as good, but I still like it.

Love my new bags!

• Options
    Didgeridoo wrote: »

which scrubby stuff did you use?

Cosmetic Catastrophe is pretty good for calming breakouts

• Options
    Janson wrote: »
    Love my new bags!

PICS

• Options
    pear_bag.png

The colours are much truer to Tippy's own photos than mine; the pear is quite a bright green and not as grey as my photo makes it seems. I asked for a zip closure instead of the popper and it hasn't affected the look of the bag at all, because she set the zip quite deep. :)

purple_bag.png

Again, this is more of a deep purple and not the burgundy the photo shows! It's actually slightly smaller than I would've thought - it and the black bag are roughly the same size! I like the purple. I thought it'd still be smart but a little different from black or brown.

*If* I had any complaints (I really don't) I'd wish the purple bag to be bigger, and I don't particularly like the feel of the silver buckles she's used, but it's not a huge deal!

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Nice bags Rachel! A bigger version of the second one would be AWESOME for travel I bet!

• Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    Usagi wrote: »
    @Sheri One of us needs to buy this soap

Oh, my God. I'm ordering some of this for my best friend.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular

Angels on Bare Skin!

I will look into that, thanks for the advice

• Options

Angels on Bare Skin!

I will look into that, thanks for the advice

Yeah, I know they say it's gentle but anything with ground almonds is hell on my skin

Fresh Farmacy/Aquamarina for life

• Options
    I like the bags @janson!

I am totally enamored of this new polish color (my nails are still a bit short though)
    photo4.jpg

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    That makes me feel better about how short my nails are, I thought I was the only one!

• Options
    mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    Eeeee bits baby blue is such a beautiful nail color!

This discussion has been closed.