As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Show off your [Screenshots] thread [NSF56k]

• Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    I've been playing mostly Bulletstorm and San Andreas lately, so here's some screens.

Steering the sniper bullets in Bulletstorm is pretty fantastic. This guy's day is ruined.

?.jpg

I am the best pilot.

?.jpg

Also, while San Andreas isn't a conventionally pretty game, these two shots I really like, flying over Las Venturas.

?.jpg

?.jpg

• mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Some Bioshock 2. Managed to get over the whole "gives me headaches" thing by removing the helmet graphic.

Definitely showing it's age but the direction is still great.

dsFaP.jpg

EQJ1i.jpg

LllAt.jpg

3Apvp.jpg

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • jkruse05jkruse05 Registered User regular
    In Skyrim, Whiterun, during the right time of day, near the right structures, some rather, er, phallic shadows are produced. I'd post a screen but I'm not sure what is considered NSFW.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    You could always just link it then

steam_sig.png
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    You think Bioshock 2 is showing it's age? :shock:

Steam: offday
  • Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    I think both Bioshock games are still gorgeous, no qualifiers.

4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Right. But there are still games from the 90s that I think are gorgeous, yet show their age.

But Bioshock, 2 at that, showing it's age? It's like what? 2 years old?

Playing a bunch of Witcher 2 before probably didn't help.

Texture pop in and muddy textures always throw me off, that's more the fault of the unreal engine though.

Still love the look, one of the truly unique settings created.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    anoffday wrote: »
    Right. But there are still games from the 90s that I think are gorgeous, yet show their age.

But Bioshock, 2 at that, showing it's age? It's like what? 2 years old?

Well, BioShock 2 doesn't exactly do anything graphically that the first game didn't, so its more like a 5 year old game. And it uses a modified version of UE2.5, which is still based on UE2. UE2 is 10 years old at this point. Granted BioShock's version of UE2.5 borrows a lot of tech from UE3, but still.

Compared to recent UE3 releases, or Battlefield 3 (or whatever) yeah, BioShock is starting to look a little older. Look at the texture on the minigun.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Yeah, Bioshock 2 is behind the curve. Still pretty awesome.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Silent Hill 2 PC in a proper non-fucked-up HD.

This would totally be the definitive SH experience were it not for the annoying fact that opening the map changes resolutions, causing something like a 5-10 second delay every time it opens.

The day someone ever fixes that, though, I'm all-in.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Figured I'd show off some TOR shots for kicks. >,>

My creepy, violent and dark side habit forming trooper.
    Screenshot_2012-04-09_23_43_41_235929-1.jpg

Jedi: "Kira...where are you Kirraaaa. I know your here!"
    Screenshot_2012-03-28_00_42_32_449180-1.jpg

...maybe I'll take a ride and find her.
    Screenshot_2012-03-03_01_24_09_932355-1.jpg

Masume on
    3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    potting in the brown. Darkness 2 max settings

?.jpg

Bit more Bioshock 2

nSmcM.jpg

vjomF.jpg

Bkn1H.jpg

015UJ.jpg

dGvIH.jpg

Annnnnd last bunch of Bioshock 2.

Wouldn't usually take this many but the style is so great. Fantastic game too, really should have played it earlier.

o1Agz.jpg

JadYk.jpg

2vqhY.jpg

SJI9x.jpg

wrKtO.jpg

kjMoo.jpg

QswZz.jpg

djxXP.jpg

kD76l.jpg

The demo of Sniper Elite V2 got me in the mood to play a little of the first one. here's what ensues...... All max settings,sadly thats the highest resolution I could muster.

Step one: Line up the shot
    ?.jpg

Step two: Compensate for distance and fire!
    ?.jpg

Step three: Looking good!
    ?.jpg

Step three and a bit: still looking good!
    ?.jpg

Step four: hit the target....... erm... targets.
    ?.jpg

Step five: PROFIT!!!!!
    ?.jpg

On the subject of Elite Snipers, I am enjoying the slo-mo X-ray voyeur kill cam in Sniper Elite V2 far more than the left-wing pacifist person that I am probably should be.

?.jpg

?.jpg

• SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Shouldn't have played the demo for Sniper Elite now I want it.

Here's a SS that's not showing up in my steam library for whatever reason. And one of Gobblox, the turkey monster.

UzuEm.jpg

?.jpg

And one of Dear Esther which is visually amazing.

?.jpg

• FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    My Mount and Blade character doesn't really understand the "arrow in the knee" meme.

?.jpg

Are you the magic man?
  • BullioBullio Registered User regular
    Some iOS Max Payne shots xposted from the iOS gaming thread. First screen demonstrates an ugly new "enhanced contrast" option that's defaulted on.

GxZj5.jpg
    QXpoK.jpg
    XIyju.jpg
    bTh1Z.jpg

steam_sig.png
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2012
    Arrow in the knee? Ya pussy!

Also, I see a TV and VHS tapes, but no VCR.

A Castanic Archer just after the starting area:

TERA_ScreenShot_20120420_215836.jpg

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
    God damnit, @Bullio, stop making me want to replay Max Payne.

• SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Mount and Blade Warband- mod Blood and Steel

Templars have been called in to fight a terrible menace.

?.jpg

That menace? The Undead.

?.jpg

• TolerantZeroTolerantZero Registered User regular
    M&B is a lot of fun. Warband in particular is awesome.

Steam | Raptr | 3DS - 2552-2106-0321
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    I'm playing Prey lately.

This can't be good:

prey2012042220524920.png

Nope, not good at all:

prey2012042220540568.png

Sphincter cleansing? What the hell could they mean by that?

prey2012042222423673.png

ooooooooooh

prey2012042222194547.png

edited April 2012
    Been playing Just Cause 2. Not only is it one the funnest games ever created, but it's awesome to just get to high ground and look around you. It's a beautiful game. I've also been using a mod that makes clouds look fluffier and prettier. I think most of the screens are from after I installed it, but maybe not all.

?.jpg

?.jpg

?.jpg

?.jpg

?.jpg

anoffday on
    Just Cause 2 is a beautiful game.

That engine is wonderful, runs on almost any machine, and looks amazing at high settings. I love you, Avalanche.

Lord_Snot wrote: »
    Just Cause 2 is a beautiful game.

That engine is wonderful, runs on almost any machine, and looks amazing at high settings. I love you, Avalanche.

I know. I love PC gaming, but I honestly don't get it a lot of times. Why can't everyone make games that look good and run well?

I've been playing the Sniper Elite V2 demo and trying different things. Took out the target using a trip mine

?.jpg

• SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    A shot from Skyri--without ENB Series, actually.

C85A6194E48BD2B933B5074D2E1AAE3B03A30276

Synthesis on
    More sniper Elite 2 stuff!

A grenade shot? Why certainly! Here it is in slow mo about to hit grenade on enemy soldiers waist...
    ?.jpg

Here it is all explodey
    ?.jpg

Kidney shots you say? But this gentleman will need to be on dialysis for life, how cruel!
    ?.jpg

Entry and exit wounds
    ?.jpg

Two Nahtzeeees sitting, just chilling
    ?.jpg

Wait, is that a bee? NOES!!! A BULLET! RUN NAHTZEEES!
    ?.jpg

a two-fer?
    ?.jpg

Yup, 'twas 2 Nazis 1 bullet
    ?.jpg

• Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    "Did you really take out three Blue Suns mercenaries with one bullet?"

"Nah. Of course not. The third guy had a heart attack. Not fair to count him."

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • RoshinRoshin My backlog can be seen from space SwedenRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I've been playing some more Rage recently and took some screenies.

Doctor Kaviar (or something) and one of his robot arm friends.
    ?.jpg

Hospitals in videogames always seem to mean blood, lots of blood.
    ?.jpg

Delightfully desolate and abandoned. The urban explorer in me approves.
    ?.jpg

Yeah, that's a shite place to land, mate.
    ?.jpg

"What we wear is dangerous gear, it'll get you picked on anywhere. Though we get beat up, we don't care. At least it livens up the air."
    ?.jpg

Roshin on
    steam_sig.png
  • FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    Binary Domain! This game didn't get a lot of attention, probably because it came out at like, the same time Mass Effect 3 did and it's a third person shooter/RPG, but still. Lots of fun, procedural damage on enemies that changes how they act, etc.

?.jpg

?.jpg

?.jpg

Are you the magic man?
    Rage actually looks pretty amazing. Why didn't it get more attention?

• VikingViking Registered User regular
    Bad launch, Texture pop in was a serious problem for 1/2 the player base.
    since it patched it is much much better, but you only get 1 chance to make a first impression and all that.

It still does have some comically bad textures in places, even then I think it is very nice looking (so long as you don't look too close)

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Rage is still unplayable on my system due to the constant 5-10 second freezes that happen once or twice per minute, long after the patches that supposedly fixed that problem.

(Phenom II X4 965 OCed @ 4Ghz
    12GB DR3
    Gigabyte Radeon HD6950 1GB)

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Viking wrote: »
    since it patched it is much much better, but you only get 1 chance to make a first impression and all that.

It still does have some comically bad textures in places, even then I think it is very nice looking (so long as you don't look too close)

I actually haven't played Rage, but I find it fascinating, having been gaming since the 80's; I remember when screenshots for Rage first popped up a few years ago being blown away and thinking "no fucking way, not without a super computer. And now I look at the screenshots (which, mind you, still represent the same visual quality of those early ones; id does a good job with visuals) and think "yeah, ok. Pretty on par with modern graphics".

I've said this before in the past here, but if you had shown me Battlefield 3 when I was 10 and told me that in 22 years you'd be playing that I would have either called you a liar or it would have blown my mind.

I remember having the same reaction that I had to Rage screenshots back with screenshots for FFVI, for Super Mario 64, and probably any given game from each generation.

It's fun. To see where we've come from and wonder where graphics can possibly go. It wouldn't have been shocking to hear someone say, N64 era "how can graphics get any better?" and now N64 graphics are a complete joke. If I said to Battlefield 3 "how can graphics get any better", 10 years from now who the fuck knows? I mean, sure, we'll have fully lifelike graphics capabilities, but I don't think that's the direction many places will go. All I can figure is the future is in the details. We can reproduce with an amazing degree various lighting and other atmospheric aspects in modern games, but we're still lacking the fine details that make things "pop". I'm still blown away by the eyes of the characters in Enslaved, and I think that sort of thing is the future of graphics; things that won't work in a screenshot thread. 10 years from now I bet screenshots won't look drastically different than they do now (minus any semblance of jaggies), but things that matter technologically will be the things that have to be seen. Things like the hair in Brave will end up being something that can be done on the fly, for instance. Actually physics based water that functions like real water, etc.

It'll be interesting.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular

I actually haven't played Rage, but I find it fascinating, having been gaming since the 80's; I remember when screenshots for Rage first popped up a few years ago being blown away and thinking "no fucking way, not without a super computer. And now I look at the screenshots (which, mind you, still represent the same visual quality of those early ones; id does a good job with visuals) and think "yeah, ok. Pretty on par with modern graphics".

I've said this before in the past here, but if you had shown me Battlefield 3 when I was 10 and told me that in 22 years you'd be playing that I would have either called you a liar or it would have blown my mind.

I remember having the same reaction that I had to Rage screenshots back with screenshots for FFVI, for Super Mario 64, and probably any given game from each generation.

It's fun. To see where we've come from and wonder where graphics can possibly go. It wouldn't have been shocking to hear someone say, N64 era "how can graphics get any better?" and now N64 graphics are a complete joke. If I said to Battlefield 3 "how can graphics get any better", 10 years from now who the fuck knows? I mean, sure, we'll have fully lifelike graphics capabilities, but I don't think that's the direction many places will go. All I can figure is the future is in the details. We can reproduce with an amazing degree various lighting and other atmospheric aspects in modern games, but we're still lacking the fine details that make things "pop". I'm still blown away by the eyes of the characters in Enslaved, and I think that sort of thing is the future of graphics; things that won't work in a screenshot thread. 10 years from now I bet screenshots won't look drastically different than they do now (minus any semblance of jaggies), but things that matter technologically will be the things that have to be seen. Things like the hair in Brave will end up being something that can be done on the fly, for instance. Actually physics based water that functions like real water, etc.

It'll be interesting.

I'm excited to actually sort of hit a wall with graphics and explore opportunities in a more sideways direction, using different art or graphical styles.

For example, some games have amazing looking concept art, imagine having a game that looked and played like that, that felt like playing a painting or really felt like playing a comic, to see different art styles more present in animation, textures or landscape/level design (more so these last two in terms of concept art).

Like this from Prince of Persia, rather than going for realistic textures, something more like the concept art itself.

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    vegeta_666 wrote: »

It'll be interesting.

I'm excited to actually sort of hit a wall with graphics and explore opportunities in a more sideways direction, using different art or graphical styles.

For example, some games have amazing looking concept art, imagine having a game that looked and played like that, that felt like playing a painting or really felt like playing a comic, to see different art styles more present in animation, textures or landscape/level design (more so these last two in terms of concept art).

Like this from Prince of Persia, rather than going for realistic textures, something more like the concept art itself.

I think PoP '08 was a move in that direction, and I loved it. Games like Okami and such that look more like concept art are brilliant and we need more of that. I still need to get around to playing Tales of Vesperia; I started it, but never got far, however I love the idea of making a game look like a well done anime but 3D. As much as I loved FO3/NV, give me a version of those games that look like the concept art they designed for it and I'd have a boner the whole playthrough of the game.

I agree; style is the future of graphics. We can still use all the neat tools that companies have developed in bleeding edge engines, and apply them to highly stylized design. It's not that every game needs to be a moving work of art; we'll still have games that are more functionally realistic; but yeah, what makes graphics interesting and stand-out in the future will be sideways progression.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

This discussion has been closed.