As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

A Song of Ice and Fire - Here Be Spoilers. Book People! Discuss the TV Show Here!

19495969798100»

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Shadowen wrote: »
    Okay, new theory. At least, I've never seen it before. Spoilers for all of book 5.
    If R+L=J is true, then Jon is a Targ. Possibly even a legitimate one.

When Mel was looking for the Prince Who Was Promised, she only ever saw Jon's face. Not Jon's and Dany's, or Jon's and Dany's and Aegon's, just Jon.

Assuming Jon is brought back by Mel, that may count as a death to get him out of the Night's Watch. He can marry, hold lands and titles, have kids, etc.

If Dany was bleeding not because her womb started working again but because she had the bloody flux, she still can't have children. She can't carry on the Targ line with her husband(s).

So, what if Dany becomes Nissa Nissa in the story, offering up her life to forge Lightbringer?

...huh. Interesting. Not really sure I see GRRM going that way, but interesting.

Regarding your first point, I think that has to be true.
    Why would the best of the Kingsguard be tasked with protecting a woman carrying a bastard? I'm convinced they got married when they ran off. So, who was born first, Jon or Aegon?

• BlazeFireBlazeFire Registered User regular
    Wasn't Rhaegar already married to Elia when he ran away with Lyanna?

• CelestialBadgerCelestialBadger Registered User regular
    So, what if Dany becomes Nissa Nissa in the story, offering up her life to forge Lightbringer?
    I think it will be Ghost. Dany means nothing to Jon.

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    BlazeFire wrote: »

Baelor the blessed married his 3 sisters iirc, and some other important Targs through history have had multiple wives

And considering how much Rhaegar seemed to think of himself as a part of Important Prophecy, it's certainly possible he went that route.

Although how he got Lyanna to agree to it is a bit of a mystery to me

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
    BlazeFire wrote: »
    Pretty sure there's examples of Targaryen polygamy in the past, usually keeping it in the family, but still, it's there.

• Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular

Yet.

• YarYar Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Since early in Book 1 I've had the strong sense that
    Jon and Dany are destined for some ugly-bumpin'.

Yar on
  • CristoCristo Registered User regular
    Man I would love a sex scene
    between Jon and Dany in the series. They're both attractive people.

• CristoCristo Registered User regular
    Man I would love a sex scene
    between Jon and Dany in the series. They're both attractive people.

• ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I'm looking forward to the Rorge and Biter no-regrets, no-holds-barred, we're-about-to-die-anyway cage-sex in the burning barn.

That happened, right?

ArbitraryDescriptor on
  • CanadianWolverineCanadianWolverine Registered User regular
    I'm looking forward to the Rorge and Biter no-regrets, no-holds-barred, we're-about-to-die-anyway cage-sex in the burning barn.

That happened, right?

And thus begins me re-reading the books.

steam_sig.png

That happened, right?

"So, why do they call you Biter?"

• KanaKana Registered User regular

That happened, right?

"So, why do they call you Biter?"

silver-nose.jpg

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • HitsuraptorHitsuraptor Registered User regular

D:

Nooo not another one

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    new thread time

rRwz9.gif
This discussion has been closed.