As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WH40,000] Tales of the Neckbeard and Adventures in Crazyland, 1000 FLGS stories.

• JohnnyToxxicJohnnyToxxic Registered User regular
    There are several companies that have pretty nifty Tsons looking heads. If I were so inclined to re-make my Chaos army I'd go with the Tsons or with Word Bearers. Or better yet, a pre-heresy Tsons color scheme.

Friend Safari Code: 0189-8920-9235
  • valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    I thought about Word Bearers also.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    Pre-heresy, the Word Bearers are probably my favorite legion. Logar and his boys really define zealotry.

• valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    That and loldemons is why I would go Word Bearers. But I like the idea of empty suits of armor magically animated to kill. I can't seem to google any TSons heads. Who makes them? I found one set from Puppet Wars that look like bird heads.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    I knew a dude that casted stuff and sold it on ebay. They were pretty baller heads for tsons.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
    I did see some on ebay. They didn't look like the best casts. I'm sure it wasn't your friend though. lol

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • JohnnyToxxicJohnnyToxxic Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Maxmini is one that I can think of off the top of my head. Gimme a few and I'll find the rest.

**edit** Kromlech is the other one I was thinking of. Thier "stygian" heads

JohnnyToxxic on
    Friend Safari Code: 0189-8920-9235
    I did come across this neat picture.

chaoschild.jpg

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
    Ahh yes. The Thousand Sons artwork that predates dirt. Some scientists even believe it existed at the time of the universes formation.

• SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Nax wrote: »
    I fleshed out the fluff concept for my Necron campaign army. SOO GOOD

PM that shit yo I wanna check it out

Do you actually have a Necron army?

SJ on
  • Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    SJ wrote: »
    I fleshed out the fluff concept for my Necron campaign army. SOO GOOD
    PM that shit yo I wanna check it out

Just post it, we all want to see.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    I fleshed out the concept. I will write it up and add some additional "in-character" stuff tomorrow morning, as I will be off work and working on 40k stuff. I'll post it :)

I do have the start of a Necron army. I was very lucky again this year for Secret Santa and recieved about 1k points of Necrons. I will be expanding on that army as we work on and go through this campaign :)

The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
    Oh and also I feel the need to point out that this forums emoticons are terrible

they're like yahoo chat shit

• altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    :rotate: :rotate: :rotate: :rotate:
    8-> 8-> 8-> (*) :lol::o :shock: 8-) :oops: :winky: :winky: :?:

altmann on
    Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
    altmann wrote: »
    :rotate: :rotate: :rotate: :rotate:
    8-> 8-> 8-> (*) :lol::o :shock: 8-) :oops: :winky: :winky: :?:

*Swoon*

A/S/L????

signature.png
  • mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    Could look at dis all day

venom1.gif

E26cO.jpg
    Why is there a venomthrope floating around in the shadows like that?

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
    Why is there a venomthrope floating around in the shadows like that?

What? Dude, it's obviously in the shadow. The shadow of the warp.

I could see that being like... a new windows screensaver. Instead of a flag floating around you have that thing...

signature.png
    Good lord, this emoticon is amazing 8->

The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • mr_michmr_mich Mmmmagic. MDRegistered User regular
    It's definitely my favorite.

I don't usually emoticon, but my favorite is: :winky:

It's just so suggestive. Isn't that right Nax?

AWWWWWWWWWWWW YEAH

• saluksicsaluksic Registered User regular
    We need to get those Tau emoticons from ATT.

• AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Anzekay wrote: »
    I would gladly pay 3x the price for models if it meant I could walk into a store pretty much anywhere and have a fun game without knowing my opponent

This happens for maybe the first month or so of going to a store here in Australia. Then you pretty much know everyone who goes there. Then you either just play people again, or try a different store.

Although some of the event nights have more folks to play.

Thats perfect too. Still meeting more people and actually wanting to play them.

Right now, I play Altmann.... that's pretty much it :P When my club was going strong there were 3 or 4 guys that I really, truly enjoyed playing. In this area, the odds of me walking into a store for the first time and playing a silly goose is so high, that I just don't do it anymore.

Come visit Perth sometime then, and bring all your mans!

So I decided I didn't like the idea of a computer panel blocking what is supposed to be an access hatch in my Land Raider interior. So I ordered an extra set of interior doors and another computer panel/tool area. I figure I'll put the tools and computer screens in the hatch where my sponsons are and then the two interior doors where the side access hatches go. Then I realize I'm spending all this time working on stuff that will be almost impossible to see once everything is put together.

Comics, Games, Booze
  • TraceofToxinTraceofToxin King Nothing Registered User regular
    Ken O wrote: »
    So I decided I didn't like the idea of a computer panel blocking what is supposed to be an access hatch in my Land Raider interior. So I ordered an extra set of interior doors and another computer panel/tool area. I figure I'll put the tools and computer screens in the hatch where my sponsons are and then the two interior doors where the side access hatches go. Then I realize I'm spending all this time working on stuff that will be almost impossible to see once everything is put together.

ITS ALL IN THE DETAILS, MAN

Everyday I wake up is the worst day of my life.
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Man, I spend way too much time on the chest of these Hive Guards that they'll hold a big-ass bioweapon in front of anyway.

Should spend no time on them.

Because there are starving Chinese folks waiting to paint your mans for a nominal fee.

• AsherAsher Registered User regular
    Oh God damn it. Realm of Legends, my FLGS, located a convenient 5 minutes drive from my girlfriends house is closing down. :(

It was one of the best hobby venues I have ever seen. It's a shame that bricks and mortar stores have trouble competing with the online sellers these days.

I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
    Do like my buddy did when our FLGS was gonna shut down...

Buy it.

edited April 2012
    We are still working on nailing down all of the details of our campaign, but so far we know a couple of things. In order to breakup monotony (BA vs SW every single game would get old quick... Also, we have played that matchup so many times that I know what Altmann is going to bring, he knows what I am going to bring, and often times we know exactly how the game is going to end up by turn 3 :P) So, we decided that we would each have two armies that take part in the campaign. Altmann, of course, has SW and IG. As most of you know, I play a little bit of everything. BA primarily, and recently I’ve got plans to start a Necron army. Seeing as how none of you silly geese would ever let me live down a pairing of Necron / BA, I decided to play Necrons and Chaos and be the pure “bad guys.” I realized after awhile though, that if I did that, I would be behind on both of those armies, as I still need quite a bit for both. So, I decided to go double necrons, with the following ideas:

One army will be lead by Anrakyr the Traveller. He will be searching for lost Tomb Worlds, as is his purpose, and as I conquer territory and earn resources, the units I add to my army will be explained by that premise. This army will include all manner of units. His story goes that as he frees or awakens tomb worlds, they are to give him a tithe of supplies and troops. His army is a small one that is constantly in need of reinforcements, so I don’t imagine he is very picky about what units he is given control of. This will allow me to play test a lot of different combinations and still have it make perfect sense.

My second army will be lead by Nemesor Zahndrekh and Vargard Obyron. Zahndrekh is, of course, the Lord who is malfunctioning and sees all as Necrontyr during the War of Secession before the Great Sleep. He adheres strictly to the codes of honorable war that the Necrontyr used to adhere to. This places restrictions on army lists to remain fluffy (no Deathmarks or Assassins. Zahndrekh has three legions of Lychguard, so they make sense to add in, Praetorians adhere to the ancient codes, so they make sense also. That time was also the height of the C’tan so they would make sense here too). This style of army will play differently from the first army, which is a good thing.

So, as far as the campaign goes, we have tossed around a couple of ideas:

1. Starting escalation up from Kill Team to 1500.

Anrakyr’s army will start as scouting forces looking for tomb worlds he can rescue. Praetorians loyal to Anrakyr, possibly. Maybe Wraiths that are defending the Tomb that the Imperium has stumbled upon unknowingly... the ensuing battles attract Anrakyr’s attention from a nearby planet/system to protect the newly found tomb world. Maybe he sends his Pyrrhain Eternals ahead of him to clear the way.

Zahndrekh’s army is a little tougher, as there is nothing fluffy that sticks out with his story for scouting forces. Could use the tomb world defense force angle as well, using Tomb Blades instead of Wraiths. Lychguard or Praetorians would work here also. Maybe just a standard unit of warriors or immortals.

2. Possibly working in a way that we can challenge one person’s first army against that person’s second army. For example, Altmann may be able to force Anrakyr’s army against Zahndrekh’s army. He would then control one and I would control the other. This may be harder as I build up my necron army, but if it is something we implement, it would be explained as such:

Anrakyr, in his travels, comes across Zahndrekh’s armies. Anrakyr, thinking it is his responsibility to unite all the Tomb Worlds, demands Zahndrekh’s loyalty and commitment to his cause. Zahndrekh sees another rebellious Necrontyr army seeking to conquer his dynasty, and refuses. They, of course, will do battle as they are both 100% programmed this way.

3. Possibly working toward an Apoc sized game with each of us controlling both of our armies.

Currently have two story options. 1) Vargard Obyron is able to keep Zahndrekh from interacting with Anrakyr personally, and organizes an alliance behind Zahndrekh’s back, as he often does to clean up the messes caused by Zahndrekh’s malfunction. 2) Anrakyr and Obyron together are able to figure out a way to repair Zahndrekh’s malfunction.

Nax on
  • AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    It sounds like this thread will be 70% Thousand Sons when the new Chaos codex hits. Count me in on that, Thousand Sons is one of the things that drew me into 40k. If they get their own themed army I will be all over that.

I would gladly pay 3x the price for models if it meant I could walk into a store pretty much anywhere and have a fun game without knowing my opponent

This happens for maybe the first month or so of going to a store here in Australia. Then you pretty much know everyone who goes there. Then you either just play people again, or try a different store.

Right now, I play Altmann.... that's pretty much it :P When my club was going strong there were 3 or 4 guys that I really, truly enjoyed playing. In this area, the odds of me walking into a store for the first time and playing a silly goose is so high, that I just don't do it anymore.

I would love to :)

Also... Necron Warrior heads are attached to the sprue in such a retarded way :/

• skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    Accualt wrote: »
    It sounds like this thread will be 70% Thousand Sons when the new Chaos codex hits. Count me in on that, Thousand Sons is one of the things that drew me into 40k. If they get their own themed army I will be all over that.

This. I too have my TS force ready and waiting for the new book. :)

why are you smelling it?
  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular

I would love to :)

If you ever do, I'll show you around and shout you a drink!

and attempt to crush you with my 'nids

Accualt wrote: »

Night Lords 4 lyfe

• El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I recently got back in to playing 40k and back in fourth edition I was a necron player. I recently picked up the new codex and noticed a change with the Monolith. I have a couple of questions regarding the eternity gate.

First, can I use both its troop deployment and its portal of exile in the same turn? Troop deployment in movement phase and the portal of exile in shooting? Second, if I use the portal of exile in the shooting phase am I still able to fire the particle whip and the gauss weapons?

EDIT: Forgot to ask, units that use the Monolith to deploy do they use the regular disembarking rules? Thanks.

El Mucho on
    BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
    I like Iron Warriors but I won't be starting a second army for a long, long time no matter what codex comes out.

Comics, Games, Booze
This discussion has been closed.