As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[EAST] PAX 2012 Apps Thread *Official App is GUIDEBOOK & Devs read the thread!*

124»

• Options
    TraitoriousTraitorious Registered User regular
    Proxima wrote: »
    Thanks guys for an AMAZING PAX! We had our highest usage ever (and were #5 in business apps on the iphone, to put it in perspective - you guys rock).

Let us know what you thought! We have a ton of cool stuff in the works for Prime, but we really value your feedback. Either leave it here or shoot us an email if its long: feedback@guidebook.com (or tweet at us @guidebook)

Thanks guys <3
    WP7 native support pretty please? 8->

• Options
    ProximaProxima Registered User regular
    Better mapping is coming within the next few months, but thanks for the feedback!

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I think ideally it would be super helpful if you could click on a panel, and there would be an option to click on the location for it to take you directly to that spot on the map.

In addition, I know GPS mapping wouldn't work well, but if you could choose a known starting point (like saying "I'm in the XXXX") of something on the map, and have directions to a destination. It would require a lot of work by the makers of a specific guide, but I think it would be worth it. Overally, the PAX maps are just not very good. They're stylish, but they're almost useless if you're not really good with directions already... and this isn't the fault of any particular app or device. That's why I use the @dya maps every year instead if I need a map (although I usually just memorize the convention layout beforehand).

The app worked great for me all weekend though, no real complaints... just improvements :P

• Options
    KorvasKorvas Registered User regular
    Just wanted to say thanks again! guide book helped me so much during pax... navigating, making sure I didn't miss anything, and also finding the events I looked over the first time... I ended up in a few panels I didn't when going over the schedule the first time, and those times I didn't know what exactly I wanted to do... such a great app!!!

• Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I had my tablet in my clipboard all weekend and used guidebook on it exclusively, instead of the program. I found it to be amazingly helpful when people ask me when and where something is (in addition to my own map laminated on the back of the clipboard).

If I could make 2 suggestions, they would be as follows:
    1. Add a search button within the schedule. Sure, it's only 1 menu away, but a second faster can really make a difference with stuff like this.
    2. Allow users to choose whether they want all the icons on the main screen, or just certain ones. I had no use for most of them, due to my interests and where I was, though others may. Even just ordering them how we want would be cool. Perhaps the ability to make certain ones "high priority" with a colored box around it.

a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe