As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[East] Illness thread

• BIGmogBIGmog DenverRegistered User regular
    Contracted a cough late Sunday and recovering well. Glad that I at least made it through the con before getting sick. Remember that game controllers are touched by hundreds or even thousands of others before you. Wash your hands often.

• ZeusheroZeushero PAX -E-ast Registered User regular
    Ever since Saturday night, my whole body was feeling really sore. By Saturday afternoon standing up was torture for me and whenever I sat down it took forever to get back up haha. By the time I made it back to nyc on monday afternoon I was dozing off whenever I sat down.

This is the first time this has ever happened to me and I volunteer/staff at other conventions as well. I guess I really didnt notice I havent been drinking enough water throughout the weekend >.<

Remember to always drink plenty of water guys! BRB while I sleep for the next 2 weeks to try to sleep this pain away :(

• sillyzombie666sillyzombie666 massRegistered User regular
    i think im getting a cold, i always get a cold when i use airborn idk why, also i was using alot of hand sanitizer

I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN
  • GentlemanneGentlemanne Registered User regular
    Gained a cold over the weekend. Back at work today, pounding the Mtn Dews to stay awake.

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I missed work Monday from rocking a fever all Sunday night and being unable to sleep. I don't think it was pax related though - I was only there Sunday afterall. I was wondering if maybe it was from the sausage sub I ate though...

• ChorazinChorazin Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    I got lucky and avoided PAX Pox this year!

Twitter//@chorazin
    Google+//http://gplus.to/chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 3823 8527 9997
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • browncoatbethbrowncoatbeth Registered User regular
    redfield85 wrote: »
    pic1046285_t.jpgpic1046285_t.jpgpic1046285_t.jpgpic1046285_t.jpg

I think the main reason everyone is sick is because we aren't at PAX. PAX must never end!

dude, did you make that graphic? because it has totally inspired me to make a PAX POX trading card next year...lol

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
  • TrionTrion Registered User regular
    I think the main reason everyone is sick is because we aren't at PAX. PAX must never end!

I think I might die of exhaustion in that situation. But the funeral would be awesome!

• ChorazinChorazin Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    pic1046285_t.jpgpic1046285_t.jpgpic1046285_t.jpgpic1046285_t.jpg

dude, did you make that graphic? because it has totally inspired me to make a PAX POX trading card next year...lol

Those are the PAX Pox cards from the Penny Arcade deckbuilding game. :)

Twitter//@chorazin
    Google+//http://gplus.to/chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 3823 8527 9997
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • OhyOhy Registered User regular
    Made it out great this year. Last year I lost my voice by Friday Night and ended up having a nasty cold.

• MASeffectMASeffect Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Dry throat started Sunday for me. Now my boyfriend and I are sick with horrific soar throats. Yipppeeeeeeeee.
    Apreche wrote: »
    Guys, FYI, Airborne is fake medicine. Don't believe me, I'm some nerd. Believe these doctors.

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/index.php/airborne-admits-false-advertising/#more-77
    There’s no credible evidence that what’s in Airborne can prevent colds or protect you from a germy environment. Airborne is basically an overpriced, run-of-the-mill vitamin pill that’s been cleverly, but deceptively, marketed.

So then what should we use instead?

MASeffect on
    lloyehipr7341342326762.png
  • aikoeaikoe Registered User regular
    The boyfriend and I had wicked sore/dry throats on Sunday, but there's a decent chance it was from all the Saturday night drinking. I also spent all day Sunday and Monday nauseated from not having any real meals all weekend. I don't think anyone actually got sick, though.

PAX East 2014: 3-Day Pass [X] | Hotel Room [X] | Transportation [X] | Time Off [X] | Costume [ ]
    NEED TWO ROOMS IN THE WESTIN ON THURSDAY NIGHT! Please PM me!
  • blAAAm!!!blAAAm!!! Cleveland, OhioRegistered User regular
    i heard that a lot of people were getting sick. I seemed t make it out ok from East, but at Prime i was hopped up and meds most of the time

• maryboo247maryboo247 Registered User regular
    Both my husband and I have flu-like symptoms, and I have this disgusting hacking smokers cough. Miserable!

• Jared A. SorensenJared A. Sorensen Registered User regular
    Con crud ahoy, Captain. Thar he blows!

I lost my voice Saturday afternoon (which sucked because I had three presentations to run on Sunday. Oh the irony of having a badge with "Speaker" printed on it!). Fortunately, I figured out a way to run all three events without being able to talk. Read someone's post about it here!

Still feeling teh suck, but able to croak out syllables.

memento mori theatricks / memento-mori.com
  • ThirmuriThirmuri CalgaryRegistered User regular
    I got a cold Sunday afternoon. Now I get to share it with everyone I work with :). That will teach them for not coming to Pax.

• UnlnvlslblEUnlnvlslblE Registered User regular
    This was my first PAX without being deathly ill. Best PAX evar!

Last year I had terrible bronchitis and I the year before I think the norovirus.

• NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    MASeffect wrote: »
    Dry throat started Sunday for me. Now my boyfriend and I are sick with horrific soar throats. Yipppeeeeeeeee.
    Apreche wrote: »
    Guys, FYI, Airborne is fake medicine. Don't believe me, I'm some nerd. Believe these doctors.

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/index.php/airborne-admits-false-advertising/#more-77
    There’s no credible evidence that what’s in Airborne can prevent colds or protect you from a germy environment. Airborne is basically an overpriced, run-of-the-mill vitamin pill that’s been cleverly, but deceptively, marketed.

So then what should we use instead?

Common sense, hygiene, a multivitamin, sufficient sleep and decent meals? There's still no surefire defense against the common cold except those things.

brDe918.jpg
  • adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    Yep me too. Stuffed up nose, coughing and 100ish degree fever. In general feel like i got ran over by a truck. Started Tuesday but really kicked in full force today.

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • vicechanvicechan Registered User regular

Do it! (I'm also super sad that I didn't meet you. . .considering you made my card. -_-)

• boozysmurfboozysmurf Registered User regular
    maryboo247 wrote: »
    Both my husband and I have flu-like symptoms, and I have this disgusting hacking smokers cough. Miserable!

Like many, I just assumed four days of drinking and shouting above the drone of the crowds had taken my throat out. But, this is what I've got, right here. Tried to go to work today THEY SENT ME HOME. :D So, now I'm playing the fun game of "what color is that fluid?". Definitely improving though, and it didn't hit me hard until Tuesday.

• robjames112robjames112 Registered User regular
    Pax Fever!.......Catch it!

• willowtasticwillowtastic NL, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I went to the Dr. today, and found out my Pax pox has turned into a chest infection. :( And I also lost my voice, so now I'm on vocal rest for four days.

• Sorceress SamSorceress Sam Registered User regular
    I had stomach troubles on Monday, although I attribute that to poor food choices during the weekend. The cold started on Tuesday, but I feel better than I did even this morning.

This is the first year I've gotten sick after PAX, so I think I'm pretty lucky all in all.

XBox Gamertag: Sorceress Sam
  • CreamsteakCreamsteak Thrall Registered User regular
    I thought I was getting sick on Saturday, thought I was clear by Wednesday. Then today I was hit by a second (much worse) cold that is kicking my ass. Gotta collect all the diseases.

• cocowoushicocowoushi Registered User regular
    I'm so sorry if anyone caught my cold. :(
    I was "lucky" enought to get hit with a PrePAX Pox (PPP? 3P?) Wednesday so I was struggling most of the con.

• KiashienKiashien Medford, MARegistered User regular
    I was healthy... and my girlfriend was/is very ill. Unfortunately, continued proximity has bled some of that illness into me. :(

The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    I got the sniffles but that's it

• TabooPhantasyTabooPhantasy Registered User regular
    I thought I was in the clear but I am feeling pretty shitty today. Crazy bad headache and some serious fatigue. Does this still count as PAX Pox even though it is almost a week later? Maybe I am just having a bad day!

~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
  • LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    Woo! The doctor says I'm cured, baby! Turned out to be pollen sensitivities, not the pox.

That doesn't make my cough any better, but at least I'm not infectious.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • TrandescentTrandescent Registered User regular
    Felt like shit Monday-Wednesday. Feeling better now.

8elUgf9.png

PAX East 2018 4-Day Pass [X] BYOC Pass [X] Hotel Reservation [X]

See y'all at PAX East 2018!
  • FatherVenomFatherVenom Registered User regular
    Woo 90% back to full health, but I hope I'm still infected. That'll show all the Doubting Thomases at work.

• tortured3tortured3 Registered User regular
    Yeah I've been sick since like Monday or Tuesday....been coughing tons. I think it's just being home sick cause I'm not at PAX.

grym & kvlt
  • HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    Woo 90% back to full health, but I hope I'm still infected. That'll show all the Doubting Thomases at work.

I'm about there too. Feeling mostly good now, but accidentally managed to infect a coworker on Wednesday...

• KellyShepard087KellyShepard087 Myrtle Beach SCRegistered User regular
    I dodged the PaxPox. I have a crazy good immune system. But after my breakfast biscuit/sandwich from the deli thingy on the way to the expo hall. I got the runs real bad a couple hours later. It cleared up by that night. But lordy, that was no fun.

I has the Post-Pax blues now though. My bipolar has taken a nosedive and is making me lazy and blue. I stay up late browsing Mass Effect fanfics and Pax pics. Then sleep till near noon.
    Pax Prime! Come faster!

- Biting's excellent! It's like kissing. Only there's a winner.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    Prime - '11 Attendee, '12 Enforcer, '13 Enforcer
    East - '12 Attendee, '15 Enforcer
  • punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I'm amused I don't need to comment in a thread anymore in order to be part of it :P But ya, I was POXed. Spent most of Sunday in bed and don't even remember most of Saturday/Sunday. A week later and I can finally be out of bed for more than an hour at a time.

Sorry to anyone I hugged who later got sick :(

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • ChimneyImpChimneyImp Shifty Eyes BostonRegistered User regular
    I got some cold last week, but it might have been from a roommate that wasn't cool enough to go to PAX.

Z04due2.png
  • TangoTango Registered User regular
    Four straight days of fever was delicious. This was the worst con crud I've ever had, by far.

• WulfWulf Disciple of Tzeentch The Void... (New Jersey)Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Oh god, started getting sick on Friday night, then on Saturday, took one of the queue-balls to the mouth as I was talking to my friend. By 5 PM I was starting to shake and feel like death warmed over. Soldiered through on Sunday, Sunday night couldn't even hold my hand steady enough to put the room key in for a few tries. Totally out of it Monday -Thursday, though I did try to go to work on Weds. Terrible idea :P Still spewing enough mucous that I could be confused for a giant snail even now, but better than I was for sure.

First time I've gotten sick in all of the PAX Easts, and first time I wasn't enforcing... wonder if there is a correlation... :p

Wulf on
    Everyone needs a little Chaos!
  • SpectacledBareSpectacledBare Registered User new member
    I got a double ear infection, and SpectacledBear and I both ended up getting sinus infections/really bad colds. But it was totally worth it! :D

This discussion has been closed.