As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EAST] Pax East 2013 dates - CONFIRMED- Post more info Here including conflicts.

JonoseelJonoseel Here Be Unicorns and DragonsBoston, MARegistered User regular
edited February 2013 in PAX Archive
Pax east 2013 3/22/ - 3/24
There dates where found on the mass convention website(people who own BCEC)

Put those dates in your calander and book flights as hotels as soon s they come available.
PAX East 2013 is going to be bigger and better!!!!!

Pax Eat Stuff: 3 Day Badges[]; BYOC Badge[]; A Roof to stay under[X]; A ride of some sort[].
Jonoseel on

• Kiki_louKiki_lou Registered User regular
    Is it crazy or just awesome that I've already booked my hotel?

• Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Kiki_lou wrote: »

its both and that's a good thing. :)

• ChenzillahChenzillah Resident Geek Scarborough, MaineRegistered User regular

well... there goes my chance of thinking i'd be the first one to book a room :| lol

Chenzillah wrote: »

well... there goes my chance of thinking i'd be the first one to book a room :| lol

I'm not even the first one! When I booked on expedia it told me that 6 other people had already booked!

• LimondLimond Registered User regular
    My birthday is on the 23rd. Biggest and best birthday party I'll ever attend.

One clip, one kill.

I am a monster truck that walks like a man.
  • PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    Is....is the Westin already sold out for Thursday-Sunday?

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    heh noticed they don't have Any availability - so it is either too far out to book or a block has already been placed, I assume.

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    A block has been placed, almost assuredly.

• kaine23kaine23 NJRegistered User regular
    Sweet!

• pligganeasepligganease Registered User regular
    And there goes any post pax blues, already looking forward to next year.

• FrugusFrugus Photographer MontrealRegistered User regular
    ishtra wrote: »
    heh noticed they don't have Any availability - so it is either too far out to book or a block has already been placed, I assume.

It was like that somewhere in June this year, but the blocks opened up as usual later on.

Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • JerYnkFanJerYnkFan Registered User regular
    Most places don't book more than 9-10 months in advance.

• FlaeorFlaeor Registered User regular
  • DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Well, at least this year it's a week before Easter. What about conflicts with the Anime convention?

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
    Well, at least this year it's a week before Easter. What about conflicts with the Anime convention?

Anime Boston is not on the mass convention schedule yet.

Is....is the Westin already sold out for Thursday-Sunday?

the Westin only opens up the rooms sometime in August. Keep an eye on the forums everyday starting mid august and you shouldn't miss it (the forums NOT the hotel page of the pax website)

• PengKuiWeiPengKuiWei Registered User regular
    No conflicts. Anime Boston will be May 24-26 next year. http://www.animeboston.com/about/general_faq/#13

• AsmadiGamesAsmadiGames Registered User new member
    AnimeBoston is on Memorial Day weekend next year. While dates for the next several years aren't public yet, AB and PAX have collaborated and made it so no collisions will happen for at least the next 4 (5?) years.

• XX55XXXX55XX Registered User regular
    I'm going to try and be an Enforcer next year.

• JonoseelJonoseel Here Be Unicorns and Dragons Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I removed this for reasons

Jonoseel on
    Pax Eat Stuff: 3 Day Badges[]; BYOC Badge[]; A Roof to stay under[X]; A ride of some sort[].
  • JonoseelJonoseel Here Be Unicorns and Dragons Boston, MARegistered User regular
    The next conflict with anime Boston will be most likely be in 2014 as they will both be in march and if everything is normal for pax(third week of march then they will be the same weekend but that's 2014 we don't need to worry.

• PsykusPsykus Registered User regular
    One thing I'm immediately doing to plan and keep up on airfare prices is signing up for the "Price Agent" at Momondo.com (which indexes/scrapes fares from a multitude of sites) I wanted to fly this year but waited too long and the prices extremely hiked up before I was able to put money aside for them. Now I'll get a weekly email reminder of any airfare that starts popping up (nothing yet) for the PAX East 2013 dates.

Also going to try for the Westin hotel next year by actually booking it myself as soon as the hotel finder opens and not relying on my friends to do it. We'll see how that goes.

Anyone going to Pax Prime that also goes to Pax East

zerzhul wrote: »
    A block has been placed, almost assuredly.

My friends dad owns the westin hotel and he told me that to book a room you will have to do it directly through Pax when it comes available or just wait closer to the event. So don't be worried there are plenty of rooms to go around.

• gamerman1227gamerman1227 Registered User regular
    I just wish PAX next year didn't coincide so close with Wrestlemania in New Jersey. Decisions may have to be made

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    I just wish PAX next year didn't coincide so close with Wrestlemania in New Jersey. Decisions may have to be made

Fuck. Is this true?! I wanted to go to Mania. :(

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • mgriff3456mgriff3456 Registered User regular

WOW! I have the same dilemma as you. I really want to go to PAX East again next year but as a long time wrestling fan I also really want to go to Wrestlemania. I only live 2 hours away from where Wrestlemania is next year and going to Wrestlemania is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Also I was going to attend the fan access among other things. I am still thinking about getting just a one day PAX pass and going for one day next year. I just hope my work won't be mad that I'm taking off so many days.

• gamerman1227gamerman1227 Registered User regular
    mgriff3456 wrote: »

WOW! I have the same dilemma as you. I really want to go to PAX East again next year but as a long time wrestling fan I also really want to go to Wrestlemania. I only live 2 hours away from where Wrestlemania is next year and going to Wrestlemania is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Also I was going to attend the fan access among other things. I am still thinking about getting just a one day PAX pass and going for one day next year. I just hope my work won't be mad that I'm taking off so many days.

I'm with ya, I'm in Connecticut halfway between Boston and NJ, and as much as I loved PAX this year, Wrestlemania tends to be one of those once in a lifetime deals for a wrestling fan. The time off isn't much of a factor for me, it's more the the money than anything else. PAX is 3/22 - 24 and WM related activites are like 4/3 - 4/7, so they're both within the same 2 week span of each other. I guess it would be possible to do both, but that would be pretty brutal both physically and on my wallet, so we'll have to see.

• tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular

awesome that you're so excited, maybe a bit crazy to book. if you're booking a pax hotel, being outside the pax block makes you more likely to get bumped from your room if the hotel overbooks. it's always better to book with the pax block. personally, i plan to spend my extra summer free time working on something really awesome to cosplay and waiting til post-prime to start worrying about the hotel and such.

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • itzerokewlitzerokewl Registered User regular
    YAY! Just put the dates on my calendar and locked it in...Shouldn't have any conflicts with work and not on a major holiday that requires my presence at some event...woo PAX East!!!!

signature.png
    Now that we have the dates confirmed we just need the times confirmed because hopefully they will extend the exhibit hall hours as a lot of people are complaining they are to short which i agree with. Something like 9am till 8pm would be nice or even longer.

Jonoseel wrote: »
    Now that we have the dates confirmed we just need the times confirmed because hopefully they will extend the exhibit hall hours as a lot of people are complaining they are to short which i agree with. Something like 9am till 8pm would be nice or even longer.

They will not expand the exhibit hours. People complain about it every year, but there's no feasible way to do it. If you've ever been an exhibitor at any sort of a large show, you'll know how much they already have to work to be open from 10-6. If they do change it, I will be /so/ incredibly surprised that words will not be able to explain. E3, for example, has almost the same expo hours (a bit less actually) and the meeting rooms close at the same time expo does for the most part. PAX is open a LONG time.

• Oldmangloom315Oldmangloom315 [ENFORCER] Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Limond wrote: »
    My birthday is on the 23rd. Biggest and best birthday party I'll ever attend.

Mine is on the 24th, and CommanderMander(another [E]) is on the 25th. Partying all weekend long.

Oldmangloom315 on
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Jonoseel wrote: »

They will not expand the exhibit hours. People complain about it every year, but there's no feasible way to do it. If you've ever been an exhibitor at any sort of a large show, you'll know how much they already have to work to be open from 10-6. If they do change it, I will be /so/ incredibly surprised that words will not be able to explain. E3, for example, has almost the same expo hours (a bit less actually) and the meeting rooms close at the same time expo does for the most part. PAX is open a LONG time.

OK I understand.

• vicechanvicechan Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    @gamerman1227, @mgriff3456, @redfield85, @Meester Scyllz, this is OT, but between all of us, I think there should be some sort of unofficial wrestling event. Like a casual No Mercy tourney at the Console Freeplay room or something.

I'm glad PAX East isn't ON Mania weekend, because my boys would kill me if I missed Mania.

That said, if I can get the time off work, I don't see any conflicts!

vicechan on
    tvethiopia wrote: »

awesome that you're so excited, maybe a bit crazy to book. if you're booking a pax hotel, being outside the pax block makes you more likely to get bumped from your room if the hotel overbooks. it's always better to book with the pax block. personally, i plan to spend my extra summer free time working on something really awesome to cosplay and waiting til post-prime to start worrying about the hotel and such.

I don't think the hotel I booked is usually in the PAX block. It's not one of the ones right beside the BCEC. It's actually right beside the one I booked last year so I dont think I'll have a problem (if it does become available I'll cancel the first reservation and re-book !)

• mgriff3456mgriff3456 Registered User regular
    vicechan wrote: »
    @gamerman1227, @mgriff3456, @redfield85, @Meester Scyllz, this is OT, but between all of us, I think there should be some sort of unofficial wrestling event. Like a casual No Mercy tourney at the Console Freeplay room or something.

I'm glad PAX East isn't ON Mania weekend, because my boys would kill me if I missed Mania.

That said, if I can get the time off work, I don't see any conflicts!

Yes! definitely. If I do manage to make it to both PAX and Wrestlemania next year I would definitely be down for some No Mercy or any wrestling game for that matter.

• kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    It's good to know the dates of next PAX East, but to book your hotel now is not a good idea in my view. I always keep a close eye on the forums for the official hotel booking through PA. That way I get a room at a reduced rate in my hotel of choice, that being Westin. It's important to note that it is the forums that get first dibs on hotels, hence the need to keep a close eye on them as the next PAX approaches.

Speaking of which, I wonder when the PAX Prime hotels go up....

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

kropotkin wrote: »
    It's good to know the dates of next PAX East, but to book your hotel now is not a good idea in my view. I always keep a close eye on the forums for the official hotel booking through PA. That way I get a room at a reduced rate in my hotel of choice, that being Westin. It's important to note that it is the forums that get first dibs on hotels, hence the need to keep a close eye on them as the next PAX approaches.

Speaking of which, I wonder when the PAX Prime hotels go up....

I agree somewhat its a good idea to book early because you will get cheap rate as the closer you get the more expensive it will get but then again PAX does offer good rates so either way its a win win situations as long as you don't book a week before the event.