As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Skullgirls - PC release confirmed

• ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    I just remembered I have a SFIV fightpad for my 360. Using that over the standard controller for Skullgirls is a no-brainer, yes?

Using anything over the standard controller is a no brainer.

DDR pad more accurate imo.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    i have that pad too, and it's great but my hand gets tired very quickly using it. i stick to my razer onza because it has a nice d-pad and it's wired. works wonders for MK.

• One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    I just remembered I have a SFIV fightpad for my 360. Using that over the standard controller for Skullgirls is a no-brainer, yes?

That's what I plan to use, yeah.

• ContentContextContentContext Registered User regular
    Yes, I got Peacock's triple Argus Agony combo! I'll probably never get it in an actual match.

• ghost whistlerghost whistler explodicator HereRegistered User regular
    Not only is there no movelist, but the training room doesn't allow me to set the opponent to be cpu control.

• TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    So I hear this game is pretty good from people who like similar fighting games to me.

Is there a grappler? I tend to prefer grapplers on almost every fighter I've played.

Turkey wrote: »
    So I hear this game is pretty good from people who like similar fighting games to me.

Is there a grappler? I tend to prefer grapplers on almost every fighter I've played.

Of course there is. Mike Z developed it.

I wouldn't be surprised if she was super broken tier.

• blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    This game is fun. Anyone online for games right now?

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular

There is a grappler! And oh my god she actually has some air mobility and some ground mobility and isn't absolute cannon fodder for the zoners in the game.

And you know, at the end of the day if she does being top tier or whatever (not saying she will be, far too early to say anything about tiers really) grapplers get to be top tier so damn rarely that you'll hear no complaints from me.

• BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    I've been using the basic PS3 controller so far and haven't had too much difficulty with inputing. Is there anything I need to know/look for in picking out a fightpad/stick/whatever?

Pretty sure my SFIV OP still has the stick section in it (although there are lots of new fightsticks now).

Gamepads I don't know of anything beyond the old fightpads.

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Random Q! This got local vs. mode?

Oh brilliant
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    ChaosHat wrote: »

Cerebella is the grappler.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • ContentContextContentContext Registered User regular
    Random Q! This got local vs. mode?
    Yep.

• BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »
    ChaosHat wrote: »

Cerebella is the grappler.

She is? I was using her completely wrong last night then. She seemed to have several good Aerial moves, and most of her heave punches hit a large area. I had her blockbuster throw come out a few times accidentally which was nice. My buddy still kicked my butt more times than not with Parasoul, those napalm shots kept me at a distance. I can't understand how to play Peacock at all. The AI loads up the screen with half a dozen bombs, bullets and falling fridges I can't advance, but when I play her she might get like one shot at a time.

• Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    my friend broke his TV because of seth, just stood up and punch the screen
    this was a glass TV

This is clearly b/c Seth is broken. Also punching a TV is something any reasonable man would do. yep, nothing wrong with this. Clearly the game's fault.

Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
    Dayum, soft music is soft. I now have Sound at 40, Voice at 60 and Music at 100. Yamane deserves better!

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    this was a glass TV

This is clearly b/c Seth is broken. Also punching a TV is something any reasonable man would do. yep, nothing wrong with this. Clearly the game's fault.
    did i say anywhere that it was a reasonable thing to do? it was a direct reaction to seth's cheapness
    i'm not saying anything other than 'this boss is clearly frustrating'. i wasn't placing blame on anyone you goose.

• FettS1FettS1 Registered User regular
    Cleared arcade mode (easy) w/ Cerabella & won first match online! Woo!

Online was perfect for me (on PS3) - no lag whatsoever. This is easily worth $15 - not sure why there's so much complaining in the thread.

Diablo3: FettS1#1626
    PSN: FettS1
    FFXIV: Kashell Valeth
  • TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    Cerebella has Twelve's air dash and swipe.

I only wish I could've bought this game faster.

edited April 2012
    this was a glass TV

did i say anywhere that it was a reasonable thing to do? it was a direct reaction to seth's cheapness
    i'm not saying anything other than 'this boss is clearly frustrating'. i wasn't placing blame on anyone you goose.

I'd say punching a tv is a direct reaction to your friend being an unreasonable, unstable individual rather than a video game boss being too cheap.

All fighting game bosses are cheap since the game can read your inputs and react accordingly. There's no mixups or reading the computer since your reaction times will never match the computers. No need to get all pissy about it.

Folken Fanel on
    Characters I hate:

Who cares about Seth this is the skullgirls thread, not the TV punching thread :P

Speaking of Cerebella, being able to combo into and out of command throws is SEXY.

• Johnny FabulousJohnny Fabulous burgin' Registered User regular
    I've never been especially good at fighting games, but I really enjoy the tutorial mode in this game - in particular how helpful the defense lessons are. It did a really great job at showing me WHY to do certain actions as opposed to just how. I'll probably be putting some time into this on XBL.

Probably a stupid question, but how do I set up the dummy to block in training mode?

We tried nothin' and we're all outta ideas.
    xbl gamertag: sublunary
    I have PSN connected directly and the XBOX connected from a Wireless N adapter to a Wireless N router. Both are nearly lag free but getting into matches is easier on PSN. Xbox Live will connect me to rooms in Quickmatch and then say "the room is closed."

My footsies is shit so I think I'll take a look at those tutorials. All the combos in the world are nothing if I can't land a hit.

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    The only real upside to the movelist problem is that the moves seem to mostly just be quartercircles and at the worst srk's so it only takes about 5 minutes to figure each character out.

wWuzwvJ.png
    edited April 2012
    We need both the printout and the fancier SRK pages in the OP. For the Kingdom.
    SRK wrote:
    Appreciate the fine 2-D graphics with Parasol's shiny skirt and fuzzy sweater.

Way ahead of you :winky:

Marie was not that hard as Parasoul. Marie is a "giant monster boss," not a "cheating AI" boss.

Cantido on
  • blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    @Fig-D stealing all my Cerebella Tech.

• BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    While playing the demo, the characters quite often turned into a mass of green squares which I can only assume are hitboxes to stand in for missing animation. Has this happened to anyone else?

• ColumnColumn Registered User regular
    Not sure if anyone has posted it, I've only started skimming the thread, but if you want to unlock Valentine's and Double's stories, beat the game with all characters. Beating the game with everyone you can use from the start unlocks Valentine's story. Beating the game with Valentine unlocks Double's story. This can be done on any difficulty.

Even if you're not concerned with the story (the shout-outs to various things in the quotes and dialogue, much like the dialogue and actions of the characters themselves, made this worth it to me. Beat the game with Double and see a Dreamcast shout-out and a MAS stick shout-out? Thank you MikeZ) you unlock more colors by beating the game with the characters. So there's that if nothing else.

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Can't find it on the PSN - it not out in the UK yet?

Oh brilliant
    While playing the demo, the characters quite often turned into a mass of green squares which I can only assume are hitboxes to stand in for missing animation. Has this happened to anyone else?

I saw that too. Yes, you turn on those hitboxes in Training mode. I don't know why they showed up somewhere else.

Probably a stupid question, but how do I set up the dummy to block in training mode?

Yeah I didn't see this option in training mode either. I was really hoping for other options besides that like All Guard, 1-Hit Guard, etc. I hope I'm wrong but... if its missing these then the training mode is kind of lacking.

Characters I hate:

• DunxcoDunxco Should get a suit Never skips breakfastRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Can't find it on the PSN - it not out in the UK yet?

It's definitely out in the UK on XBLA. I spent a couple of hours this evening trying to find a character I like. Haven't found one yet but I'll keep looking! This is a really fun, polished game that's a treat to watch in action. No idea about it being out on the PSN in the UK yet.

Dunxco on
    Nobody online is using Cerebella. I must use her!

• TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    i wonder if i can get by with solo cerebella forever

need to figure out command run stop combos tonight

• TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    i wonder if i can get by with solo cerebella forever

need to figure out command run stop combos tonight

So far I am quite digging Miss Fortune and Peacock as a duo. Miss Fortune starts on point. MF runs her DP assist and Peacock uses Boxcar George.

The main gameplan is between the head and george to keep the enemy under crazy lockdown to get damage and meter, when my meter starts getting full or MF starts getting low swap to Peacock. Peacock then zones as hard as she can dumping meter into her laser super with MF recharges life and uses her assist to AA.

It's good times :D

• PsycohedPsycohed On a Fool's ErrandRegistered User regular
    This game feels really weird. Like... Marvel running at Street Fighter speed. There's all this craziness with big combos and characters going in and out (like Marvel), but the movement feels a lot stiffer and more deliberate (like Street Fighter). I don't think it's bad or anything, just... super weird feeling.

I've only been following this game in passing, so forgive my ignorance if this is a dumb question. Is there any chance of this making its way to the PC? I remember seeing or hearing some rumors to that affect a while back, and I was wondering if there was any there was any credence to 'em now that the game is actually out.

brig_banner.png
    Double, Marie, and a town called Little Innsmouth.

I think the devs like H.P. Lovecraft guyz. Maybe.