As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

annoying social networking stuff

1161718192022»

• UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    oh thank god

also zimmerman has been arrested and charged and trans women can now officially participate in ms. america

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    oh thank god

also zimmerman has been arrested and charged and trans women can now officially participate in ms. america

did they actually find zimmerman

2x39jD4.jpg
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    oh thank god

yes

he is currently in custody

• AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    and trans women can now officially participate in ms. america

On the other hand

http://www.metroweekly.com/poliglot/2012/04/white-house-no-federal-contractor-nondiscriminatio.html

• YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    where was he

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    turned himself in, apparently

YaYa wrote: »
    where was he

next to waldo

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular

On the other hand

http://www.metroweekly.com/poliglot/2012/04/white-house-no-federal-contractor-nondiscriminatio.html

Bluuuuugh

On the other hand

baby steps

• denihilistdenihilist Ancient and Mighty Registered User, Moderator mod
    Weaver wrote: »
    I've been tempted to make a new SE++ facebook group.

That isn't populated by horrible people.
    But you'll be there so I don't know how that's going to work

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    god damn

CYpGAPn.png
    edited April 2012
    Boo wrote:
    hi friends! i heard the rumors, and i would like all my friends to know that i am happy and kickin'! i asked human if i could do a press conference to reassure everyone on camera, but she reminded me that i can't talk.

13000 likes already

PiptheFair on
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    oh thank god

yes

he is currently in custody

Oh good, weaver posted some article in another thread where his ex-lawyers said he has run for it

2x39jD4.jpg
  • FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    i was reading some random cracked article and it linked to a subreddit that is pages and pages of two dudes linking to "user-controlled or unsecured webcams"

holy shit

it's just like all these creepy live windows into far away places

http://www.reddit.com/r/controllablewebcams

reposig.jpg
  • AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    Fandyien wrote: »
    i was reading some random cracked article and it linked to a subreddit that is pages and pages of two dudes linking to "user-controlled or unsecured webcams"

holy shit

Starting in the late 90s, I think, there became a trend of adding web interfaces to all sorts of commercial products, and you could frequently find ones that people hadn't configured yet (or ever) by searching for the device's default protocol with some wildcards thrown in for IDs. Webcams, security cams, media centers, clocks, exercise machines, whatever...

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular

holy shit

Uhhhhh

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    Crwth, there are cats with Facebooks.

And some of those cats are even dumber than 11 year olds.

SHUT UP
    Honeycat needs a facebook to connect with her friends.

• UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    Boo wrote:
    hi friends! i heard the rumors, and i would like all my friends to know that i am happy and kickin'! i asked human if i could do a press conference to reassure everyone on camera, but she reminded me that i can't talk.

13000 likes already

i want to see a photo with Boo holding up today's newspaper

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular

holy shit

Starting in the late 90s, I think, there became a trend of adding web interfaces to all sorts of commercial products, and you could frequently find ones that people hadn't configured yet (or ever) by searching for the device's default protocol with some wildcards thrown in for IDs. Webcams, security cams, media centers, clocks, exercise machines, whatever...

Its funny my cousin is taking computer security and forensics and one of his assignments was to find a webcam on the internet of some intersection or something and hack it and make it controllable by him.

I was like wat

icGJy2C.png
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    a few friends have face books for their cats.

I always see them in my "suggested freinds" panel.

And I'm like, that is a cat...

• SticksSticks I'd rather be in bed.Registered User regular

holy shit

Its funny my cousin is taking computer security and forensics and one of his assignments was to find a webcam on the internet of some intersection or something and hack it and make it controllable by him.

I was like wat

They had to have prior permission or something... or else he's taking a shady ass security class. We always used VMs for pentesting. That would be like taking a course on locksmithing and them telling you to go pick a random lock.

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Sticks wrote: »

holy shit

I was like wat

They had to have prior permission or something... or else he's taking a shady ass security class. We always used VMs for pentesting. That would be like taking a course on locksmithing and them telling you to go pick a random lock.

for your exam just go break into someone's house and bring some shit back here

you know like a laptop or a wallet or something

• SticksSticks I'd rather be in bed.Registered User regular
    Rolo wrote: »

holy shit

I was like wat

for your exam just go break into someone's house and bring some shit back here

you know like a laptop or a wallet or something

A fucking iPhone 3? You couldn't find something more current gen? I already have like 50 of these from previous classes.

F

• The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

holy shit

I was like wat

Yeah your right I double checked with him Im just terrible at retelling stories!

His teacher for the course is crazy ridiculous though. Hes actually the teacher for my cisco networking and yesterday somebody handed in a 40 page networking report and the teacher said "Lets see if it passes the flight test."

You can probably see where this is going.

The teacher tosses the report across the room, paper flies every where and he looks at the student and says. "You passed!"

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular

holy shit

I was like wat

Yeah your right I double checked with him Im just terrible at retelling stories!

His teacher for the course is crazy ridiculous though. Hes actually the teacher for my cisco networking and yesterday somebody handed in a 40 page networking report and the teacher said "Lets see if it passes the flight test."

You can probably see where this is going.

The teacher tosses the report across the room, paper flies every where and he looks at the student and says. "You passed!"

This professor sounds incredible.

b1ehrMM.gif