As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

NHL Thread: Can Lidstrom Unretire? Please?

• BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    dictating play

• ReiRei New YorkRegistered User regular
    Jagr with trademark terrible backchecking.

• mr_michmr_mich Mmmmagic. MDRegistered User regular
    The only assist Staal will get all postseason, but I'll take it!

• facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    Oh look the best third line in the league is back.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
    No penalties yet? I've seen a bunch on both sides.

mr_mich wrote: »
    No penalties yet? I've seen a bunch on both sides.

Meh.

Its good hockey, nothing too flagerant so far.

Let em play.

• quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Blendtec wrote: »
    quovadis13 wrote: »
    Got my whiteout shirt, going to the arena tomorrow. Gonna try to get a rush ticket, if not, just gonna watch outside on the big screen, can't wait.

Whiteouts are horrendously stupid now since the home team doesn't wear white anymore.

You've gotta admit it looks cool though.

See, Nashville's doing it right. Everyone in the arena looks like the team they are supporting. It makes sense.

DUPERSTAR!

Real strong, facetious.

• VestyVesty Registered User regular
    The problem with the Pens white out now a days is the shirts aren't free. Gotta buy one. So it's tough to get a complete white out.

That and they have white outs almost every game so it loses it's punch.

Vesty wrote: »
    The problem with the Pens white out now a days is the shirts aren't free. Gotta buy one. So it's tough to get a complete white out.

They can't just give away 18,000 shirts? Hell they're already white, just give away plain shirts, no one watching on tv can tell what's on them anyway.

That's the downside of letting them play. A hit takes one more shade of grey and all of a sudden its a penalty.

edited April 2012
    Rei wrote: »

They can't just give away 18,000 shirts? Hell they're already white, just give away plain shirts, no one watching on tv can tell what's on them anyway.

idk if they currently still do it but before they would print a custom design every white out. So couple that with doing them probably at least twice a series and it starts to add up real quick. Why give it away for free when you can sell them and make money. I still think they could afford to do it for free (and should), but I can sort of understand why they don't want to.

-e- holy balls Fleury

-e2- well that sucks

Vesty on
    That was pretty clearly offside on replay, ah well. They can have one.

Real strong, facetious.

idk if they currently still do it but before they would print a custom design every white out. So couple that with doing them probably at least twice a series and it starts to add up real quick. Why give it away for free when you can sell them and make money. I still think they could afford to do it for free (and should), but I can sort of understand why they don't want to.

-e- holy balls Fleury

-e2- well that sucks

That is pretty cool, but given the choice between cool and money or plain (or even sponsored) and free I'd rather take the free. Actually the last Ranger game of season they were giving away blue shirts for the playoffs that were sponsored by Chase. Not that everyone wore them, most would rather show off their rarer jerseys.

Penguins seemed to have let their foot off the gas a little, playing at a breakneck speed for a full 60 isn't easy.

-e- holy balls Fleury

-e2- well that sucks

I dont live in pittsburgh, but are you sure?

white out (oor whatever color) games are almost universally give away shirts that have the name of a bank, or something, on the back and dont cost the team a dime.

facetious wrote: »

Which play are you talking about, Briere's goal? I thought the same thing and chalked it up to "3 officials and 18000 fans probably know offsides better than me."

edited April 2012
    Burtletoy wrote: »

-e- holy balls Fleury

-e2- well that sucks

I dont live in pittsburgh, but are you sure?

white out (oor whatever color) games are almost universally give away shirts that have the name of a bank, or something, on the back and dont cost the team a dime.

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=626717
    The Penguins are asking fans to wear anything white – a jersey, shirt, sweater or t-shirt.

Special playoff Whiteout t-shirts are on sale at all Dick’s Sporting Goods stores as well as PensGear at CONSOL Energy Center and PensGear at SouthSide Works. Cost is $14.99.

The only started charging for it in the last season or so. Consol wasn't cheap! They did get a towel tonight for what it's worth.

Vesty on
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    So many penalties. Bleh.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
    Huge save by Bryz on the PP there.

Im not sure I heard that right, but I thought i just heard milbury refer to it as "that offside goal by briere"

• enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Oh and Helm got a skate to the wrist or something. UGGGGGGGGH

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
    That 2 on 1 was hilarious...

edited April 2012
    Gotta shoot that Asham

Vesty on
    What a contrast in penalties between the two games. Pitt and Philly are taking runs all over the ice with marginal calls.

• BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    The guys in the bear suits are the best at this Pens game.

Maybe we should start putting a tag on our posts when there's simultaneous games going on so I know which one we're talking about D:

For a brief instant I thought quovadis was saying the Flyers somehow scored 2 quick goals.

edited April 2012
    So my phone just decided I wanted to view the french language version of their website (edit: ummm, their = nhl.com) instead of the english one.

Now Im curious...

Does the french version still do stupid puns for every article every day? Are the puns as bad in quebecois as they are in english?

Burtletoy on
    The puns are just the worst. The amount of times I've seen "Gift of Gab" is staggering.

facetious wrote: »

Which play are you talking about, Briere's goal? I thought the same thing and chalked it up to "3 officials and 18000 fans probably know offsides better than me."

Yeah on replay he was clearly offisde. By a few feet. It's whatever, though, mistakes happen.

Real strong, facetious.

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular

Apparently some Pittsburgh radio personalities said on-air that they would pay for the bear suit for any person who was behind the Philly goalie and dressed up as a bear.

I have not seen them.

I must.

Real strong, facetious.

Didn't Bryz's friend get killed in a bear mauling in Russia? As hilarious as the quote is, seems a bit disrespectful to keep jabbing at that...

I love his weird rant about how big the universe is on 24/7 though.

• TheSmackerTheSmacker Registered User regular
    I think it would be hilarious if Caps fans dressed up as Obama behind Thomas

Didn't Bryz's friend get killed in a bear mauling in Russia? As hilarious as the quote is, seems a bit disrespectful to keep jabbing at that...

I love his weird rant about how big the universe is on 24/7 though.

:O

man, russia sucks.

• ShockwaveShockwave Back In Black Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I'm looking forward and not looking forward to Nucks'/Kings, better get my Tums.

shockwavesig.jpg
    If that offsides goal wins them the game I'm going to be fucking furious.