As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Experiences as Enforcers?

• Options
    kid_nyckid_nyc Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Hello pals.

First year E! for PaxEast as well and wanted to piggyback some of my fellow E!'s comments.

I considered being an E! last year, but I wanted to get the convention experience first before actually working it. I'm glad I did, but I don't feel like I would have missed out even if I enforced last year. This year was great, because not only was I able to be an E!, but I saw everything I wanted. I had the afternoon shifts, which allowed me to do the pa morning panels, and walk around before work started. But! working was so rad that even if I did the doubleshifts, I would have been totally satisfied. And please, keep in mind that I'm not a huge gamer by any means, there's not a ton I need to see at PAXe! so there's that. With that being said, however, fellow e!'s did speak about how they worked and had time to wait in lines for panels/demo's, so there's definitly time to do it all.

Now, to answer the "what is your department like" question: I worked at a smaller theater (cat) doing line control and talking to the awesome attendees. The more I look back on it, the more I think it was the perfect fit for my first time. We were in a hallway with plenty of foot traffic, which kept things interesting and exciting, but our theater had many educational panels, so we weren't crazy busy by any means, which is a good and bad thing. Essentially, I was the person who answered questions, commented on rad cosplay, wished people good luck on finding qr codes, gave out free high-fives, and when our line started for a panel, I was the one at the end, keeping count of how many attendees we had, and making sure they were in line for the right thing. I never though line management/control could be fun, but it was. The whole thing was a blast. I also did a sing-along with my last line of the weekend, which was fucking RAD. (I doubt there's many places where you can ask 100+ people: "will you do a sing-along with me" and have the response be so overwhelming and awesome.)

But here's the thing with my experience. See, I have been working in the customer service/retail field for the past seven years, and this was one of the few cs experience where I felt completely appreciated. Not to say I haven't ever gotten a compliment from a boss before, because I have, but this environment is one where you work with rad people who want to be there, you work for passionate people who give a shit about their staff, and you're helping enthusiastic people that appreciate you. There's not a lot of work environments that I have encountered that have all three of those pieces in it, if that makes sense (?). A fellow E! new friend and I were discussing how "satisfying" and "rewarding" this work is, and how much we wished this could be more than a weekend. We threw those two words around in conversation for much of the weekend. But it's true. Absolutely. And, just like you, Mr. and Ms Thinking-About-Being-An-Enforcer, I read the stories, and watched the patv video, and thought, yeah, this looks neat, but didn't know how true and real everything was until this past weekend.

I will say this, however, if you do decide to E!nforce, get involved early on. There's a ton of us, and it's going to be impossible to meet and get to know each one during the 3-5 days you help out. So, if you do choose to work with us, join the social media and get to know some of your fellow E!'s before the convention. It helps, and it makes everything so much better. I did, figuring, out of the hundreds of us, it would be wise to get to know as many people before the con as possible since I knew that it would be a somewhat overwhelming experience. So I did, and was totally better off for it.

And with that, I have clearly written a novel. Apologies, friend, as if I write something I'm enthusiastic about, I tend to go o.d. on it. But please, any other questions anyone has, I'd be more than happy to answer :)

kid_nyc on
  • Options
    KiashienKiashien Medford, MARegistered User regular
    Is it possible to stagger shifts? IE Night / Mid / Morning? I'm somewhat curious since I usually only care about seeing a panel or two in one morning, and only one night of concerts... and in 3 years, they've never been the same day. Mostly curiosity. I'm pretty sure I'm applying next PAX East anyway, though I might make it out to Prime this year, by some miracle.

The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • Options
    s7arbucks7arbuck Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Avian wrote: »
    Knight_ wrote: »
    inside jokes or have been working in departments with each other for years

1. JASONNNN!!!
    2. Magikarp

Edit: That being said I find enforcing to be rewarding in its own. I've traveled to the last two Easts by myself and had a blast of it both times. You meet awesome people and make great friends and its very easy to make friends with just about every [E] out there. I only started going to PAX as an Enforcer and don't think I could ever attend PAX not as an Enforcer.

TOUCH BUTTS!!

(plus all the other dumb things thing come up after not sleeping for X long)

s7arbuck on
  • Options
    LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Being an Enforcer is incredible. It changed my life for the better in so many ways, and I'm not kidding. It's not all rainbows and beach balls though; Enforcers work hard to put on an excellent show.

PAX is not for the Enforcers. PAX is for the attendees. We [E] give up our time and energy every day to make the show as awesome as it is. Lines, panels, expo, media, security, logistics, information, tournaments, and merchandise are all run and maintained by [E] and without our dedication, the show would hardly be a show. We began as a group of about 2 dozen. By 2007 we were three hundred strong, and now between the two shows (I think) there are over 1000 registered Enforcers.

Join the [E] and you will be exhausted by the end of PAX. Your feet will be sore, your shirt will be smelly, and your diet will consist of wheat thins and Luna bars... but you will never feel more alive. Enforcing doesn't end with PAX, either. This team does stuff throughout the year, around the world. All kinds of stuff. Want to throw a party? [E] will be there. Charity auction for Child's Play? No problemo. Looking for a new D&D group? WE GOT THAT B-ROLL! Enforcers are your best coworkers, great friends, and that weird extended global family you never knew you had.

We work hard, and we play hard. If you want to join the ranks, remember that.

Dramatics aside, here are a few answers:
    - There are many departments you can work in. When the subject of assignments comes up, you pick your top favorites and PRD does her best to fit everyone into positions where they will be happiest and most efficient.
    - Most shifts are, like previously said, 6-8 hours. There are some special exceptions, but working more than your assigned shift is discouraged for health and sanity reasons. There are three sets of shifts: Morning, evening, and wang (9p-3a). Typically you work the same shift all three days, for ease of management and also so PRD doesn't go crazy scheduling 500+ people. If there are too many conflicting things that you reeeaallly want to see, maybe Enforcing's not for you. [E] still have plenty of downtime, but some sacrifices are made for schedule.
    - Department leads are not terrible people. If you need to take a short break, all you have to do is ask.
    - We have Enforcers come from all over the world to join in the fun. We are an extremely diverse group with common grounds in gaming and the PAX culture. Like any large group, you won't like all of us, but you will like a lot of us. :)
    - While on shift, the black badge lets us get to where we need to be. Off-shift, it is a 3-day pass with no special privileges. When we are not working, we are normal attendees.
    - Canes, wheelchairs, hearing aids, and other awesome cyborg technologies are welcome. If you feel you can and want to contribute to PAX, don't hesitate! Lots of us are handicapable in a variety of ways.

- If you would like to apply, watch the PA main page in the coming months. Usually Gabe or Tycho post a link to the application if/when enrollment opens. It will likely be posted here as well, but the news post is always first to appear.

Cheers.

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Liger wrote: »
    Your feet will be sore, your shirt will be smelly, and your diet will consist of wheat thins and Luna bars... but you will never feel more alive.

I can promise you, if my diet consists of that, I will be horrifically ill, and not be doing anything useful.

I know you're joking, and even that some E do that, but while I intend to enforce next year if I am able, my diet absolutely will NOT be that, and if requirements stop me from being able to eat properly, I will have to decline due to medical reasons. Many people who don't need canes or seem to need any special requirements just handle them in the background normally, but in high-intensity things, they do show up.

Basically, not having a cyborg augment to fix my issues does not mean I do not have them. Neither does my normal silence in their existence.

I know you meant to make light of the issues involved, and to make those with conditions feel welcome, so take my reaction with a grain of salt- I understand that you weren't trying to press any buttons, or even exclude anyone. As I get older, I notice it more, I guess.

Anyway, thank you for posting. The information is welcome.

Kiashien on

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Kiashien wrote: »
    Your feet will be sore, your shirt will be smelly, and your diet will consist of wheat thins and Luna bars... but you will never feel more alive.

I can promise you, if my diet consists of that, I will be horrifically ill, and not be doing anything useful.

I know you're joking, and even that some E do that, but while I intend to enforce next year if I am able, my diet absolutely will NOT be that, and if requirements stop me from being able to eat properly, I will have to decline due to medical reasons. Many people who don't need canes or seem to need any special requirements just handle them in the background normally, but in high-intensity things, they do show up.

Basically, not having a cyborg augment to fix my issues does not mean I do not have them. Neither does my normal silence in their existence.

I know you meant to make light of the issues involved, and to make those with conditions feel welcome, so take my reaction with a grain of salt- I understand that you weren't trying to press any buttons, or even exclude anyone. As I get older, I notice it more, I guess.

I think you missed this part:
    There are some special exceptions, but working more than your assigned shift is discouraged for health and sanity reasons.
    ;)

• Options
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Kiashien wrote: »

I think you missed this part:
    There are some special exceptions, but working more than your assigned shift is discouraged for health and sanity reasons.
    ;)

My food requirements are... pretty strict. You'd probably be surprised- but I won't get into it here. :)

• Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    @Kiashen
    Shifts - Enforcer schedule usually comes together before the PAX schedule, so there's no point in trying to pick different shifts based upon events whose times/dates you don't know. I also doubt that if the PAX schedule was known before shift requests went up and you said you wanted to work staggered shifts that you'd be given that option.

Food - Don't be surprised if your diet can be accommodated, but nothing's stopping you from bringing your own food.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    adastraadastra Registered User regular
    One of the key things about Enforcing - hell, about attending PAX, or really just life in general - is that you really need to take good care of yourself. If you treat your body badly, it won't serve you well in turn. Wear comfortable clothing and shoes. Eat and sleep as well as you can. Stay hydrated (no matter how much water I drink, it's never enough).

Day to day, you're the best judge and manager of your body's condition and needs. There are plenty of [E] with invisible limitations and needs who don't have nifty cyborg augmentations, and if they're smart, they take good care of themselves and communicate any needs that they may have. My cane is very visible, but my struggle with the superhappyfunjoy of stress-induced IBS is not. During PAX, Enforcing or not, I'm working hard to eat the right things, get enough sleep, and avoid stressing myself out and making myself sick. (This involves eating things besides Wheat Thins.)

• Options
    BritalityBritality Registered User regular
    Adastra is right, you are most certainly the best judge of your own needs, and that there are lots of us with invisible limitations. I was actually (lightly) chastised for keeping the bad anxiety/panic attack I had during the con to myself and not asking for help from my new Enforcer friends.

Everybody tries to look out for one another, though, and no one will look down on you if you say you need to go lie down/eat special foods/take medicine/not party and sleep instead.

• Options
    EllthiterenEllthiteren Registered User regular
    I'll be repeating a lot of what's already been said, but another point of view won't hurt!

Here are the basic requirements:
    -You pick your top five departments, and probably get assigned to one of them.
    -You work one shift each day and the same shift for all three days.
    -Shifts vary a bit by department, but are primarily 9am-3pm, 3pm-9pm, and 9pm-3am.
    -Be enthusiastic, friendly, and helpful - PAX is for the attendees! - and whatever your job is, do it well.
    -You should take a break at some point during your shift each day.
    -When you're not on shift, you're a normal attendee.

Anything above and beyond this is absolutely not required in any way. Working multiple shifts, working yourself to the point of exhaustion, not sleeping enough, not eating well, not staying hydrated, destroying your body in various ways...you certainly can do all of these things, but they are a personal choice, not a necessary component of the system. Unless you are a manager, in which case you'll be volunteering beyond your normal shift (but hopefully not doing any of that other bad stuff).

Here are some optional things if you show up early or stay late:
    -Stuff all the swag bags (the weekend before PAX)
    -Help setup and tear down everything (Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday evening, Monday morning)
    -Enforcer afterparty (after PAX)

The enforcer community is fantastic and plenty of official and unofficial stuff goes on year round, but it is all entirely optional.

• Options
    Xenocide GeekXenocide Geek Registered User regular
    I gots bottom of the page woes.

I'll just repost this snippet of my earlier post, to see if any friendly person has answers:
    I'd love to really be in the thick of things, completely in the fray and having to scurry frantically. I work best under pressure, and I'm hoping to go all out and hopefully begin to make up for all the years I've only enjoyed PAX, as opposed to help facilitate it. With that said, I have no idea in relation to all the areas where to get that kind of experience.

i wanted love, i needed love
    most of all, most of all
    someone said true love was dead
    but i'm bound to fall
    bound to fall for you
    oh what can i do
  • Options
    VapokVapok Just a Guy. BostonRegistered User regular

I'll just repost this snippet of my earlier post, to see if any friendly person has answers:
    I'd love to really be in the thick of things, completely in the fray and having to scurry frantically. I work best under pressure, and I'm hoping to go all out and hopefully begin to make up for all the years I've only enjoyed PAX, as opposed to help facilitate it. With that said, I have no idea in relation to all the areas where to get that kind of experience.

I think the reason you didn't get a response is because you pretty much just described every department ran at PAX with the exception of maybe EnforcerLand (the welfare group that makes sure all of us are healthy).

Every department has their fair share of scurrying frantically, working under pressure, and being in the thick of things. So, then at that point, the question is: which area of PAX do you enjoy the most? Because that would be the area that I would work first.

Lastly, every department is different, and each department has their own vibe.

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
    Vapok
  • Options
    EllthiterenEllthiteren Registered User regular
    I think you answered your own question, because that's pretty much everywhere. Potentially, at least. But if you're accepted as an enforcer you'll have plenty of opportunity to figure out all the different departments.

• Options
    PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    I don't think I could handle a whole year without a PAX, and I'd like to spend more time helping others than aimlessly wandering the expo floor. I think that PAXPrime has a new enforcer, assuming I find a room.

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • Options
    auspexauspex Skullcrusher MountainRegistered User regular
    I think that PAXPrime has a new enforcer, assuming I find a room.

That's a good question - how are rooms for Enforcers handled? Is there no change from normal attendance? Are Enforcers squished into shared rooms? Something in the middle?

Thanks again for all your stories and feedback!

• Options
    auspex wrote: »
    I think that PAXPrime has a new enforcer, assuming I find a room.

That's a good question - how are rooms for Enforcers handled? Is there no change from normal attendance? Are Enforcers squished into shared rooms? Something in the middle?

Thanks again for all your stories and feedback!

Travel and hotel accommodations are the responsibility of each Enforcer to handle. Enforcers are given first shot when hotel availability is posted (but not too much notice). There are things that happen in regards to softening the blow that Enforcers have to spend, but hey.... We gotta keep some sekrits! =)

Vapok
  • Options
    I imagine the roomshare thread will work wonders for penny-pinchers like me.

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • Options
    Xenocide GeekXenocide Geek Registered User regular
    Vapok wrote: »

I think the reason you didn't get a response is because you pretty much just described every department ran at PAX with the exception of maybe EnforcerLand (the welfare group that makes sure all of us are healthy).

Every department has their fair share of scurrying frantically, working under pressure, and being in the thick of things. So, then at that point, the question is: which area of PAX do you enjoy the most? Because that would be the area that I would work first.

Lastly, every department is different, and each department has their own vibe.
    I think you answered your own question, because that's pretty much everywhere. Potentially, at least. But if you're accepted as an enforcer you'll have plenty of opportunity to figure out all the different departments.

Thanks for the responses. Yeah, I figured as much. I'm too split about what area I enjoy spending the most time in, so I'll have to really give this some consideration. I love pretty much every area of PAX!

i wanted love, i needed love
    most of all, most of all
    someone said true love was dead
    but i'm bound to fall
    bound to fall for you
    oh what can i do
  • Options
    Yeah, I figured as much. I'm too split about what area I enjoy spending the most time in, so I'll have to really give this some consideration. I love pretty much every area of PAX!

There is another department called "Spareboard" which is the department that when shit hits the fan and extra Enforcers are needed to either fill a gap or control a line, departments will call the Info Booth and request for X number of Enforcers to their department. This is a good way to have a look at multiple departments during one PAX if you're still on the fence about it.

Vapok
  • Options
    jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I started attending PAX in '08 and started enforcing in '10. It's an entirely different experience, like others have said, and not for everyone. You're super busy, constantly finding out about things you missed, and have to be an all knowing roadmap for the convention. That being said, I absolutely love it, and it's crazy rewarding. All year long I look forward to the seemingly impossible setup and teardown of the PC areas, as well as the seemingly menial task of just guarding the BYOC doors. It's just an amazing experience to be part of something that other people can enjoy. The only reason I would ever go back to attending is if my daughter decides she wants to go.

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • Options
    @jonxp I directed a PAX record of PC Tear Down at PAX East this year. 1 Hour: 51 minutes. From start to finish. =D

Vapok
  • Options
    jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    Vapok wrote: »
    @jonxp I directed a PAX record of PC Tear Down at PAX East this year. 1 Hour: 51 minutes. From start to finish. =D

Wow! You must have had a ton of hands.

Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • Options
    Kiki_louKiki_lou Registered User regular
    has anyone on here worked the merch booth? And can you put 1 thing in all top 5 places! lol

• Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    Merch Booth is one of those vets-only departments (with the money handling and whatnot).

If you put down the same department 5 times as a first-timer, hopefully it's because one of the department managers specifically wants you there. Don't expect your first choice to be granted.

• Options
    parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    Kiki_lou wrote: »
    has anyone on here worked the merch booth? And can you put 1 thing in all top 5 places! lol

Yes, but then you might get something you don't request. I haven't heard of many people not get at least one of their first 2 requests.

• Options
    BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    edited April 2012
    If you put one thing in all 5 places it shows you either have already been designated to a spot by the manager, or have trouble following directions. Following directions is very important for successful enforcing, even the ones posted in the forums. Alternatively, if you would be happy anywhere if you don't get your first pick, just say that, as that is an acceptable solution.

Far as being in the center of PAX, you might enjoy enforcing Expo. It may not be THE center, depends on your point of view, but it is for sure a frenzied hub of activity and full of potential challenges that need to be handled quickly. Every area has moments of frenzy, but few exist in the constant maelstrom that is Expo.

Beker on
    -Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    Kiki_lou wrote: »

I did ~7 hrs in the merch booth Fri as spareboard, lots of refolding shirts/hoodies and humping boxes of product down to the floor from storage; met lots of cool people though.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    LigerLiger Registered User regular
    Wow, I meant no offense with my post. All I meant is that it will be a long and exciting weekend and you'll likely walk away tired. In no way does Enforcing require you to stretch or exceed the limits of your own body. Your diet is as manageable at PAX as your smelly shirt.

5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • Options
    Wow, I meant no offense with my post. All I meant is that it will be a long and exciting weekend and you'll likely walk away tired. In no way does Enforcing require you to stretch or exceed the limits of your own body. Your diet is as manageable at PAX as your smelly shirt.

I didn't think you were offensive, Liger. I just was clarifying that issues can be far more nuanced than that :) Sorry if I made you feel bad in any way, I appreciated the information you posted!

• Options
    YsterathYsterath Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    After seeing so many other [E] posting here I felt I had to throw in my 2 cents as well.

Your first choice may well not be where you end up but the people you end up working with will still be amazing and awesome no matter what department you end up in. If you don't get your first choice for one PAX you might end up somewhere new and different that is full of a whole new kind of win. You can also always apply to a different location for the next PAX you attend.

Everyone does tend to look out for one another and it's great to see friendly faces as you walk around the Con while not on duty. I have now both attended and Enforced for PAX and I don't think I can ever just go back to attending after having had the wonderful experience I have had while Enforcing with this amazingly crazy and zany family that I have found among my fellow Enforcers. <3

Ysterath on
  • Options
    UNHMANUNHMAN [E] Registered User regular
    Do they help with costs at all? I don't mean everything cause that would be crazy. But 5 or 6 days in a hotel is a lot of money.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2012
    UNHMAN wrote: »
    Do they help with costs at all? I don't mean everything cause that would be crazy. But 5 or 6 days in a hotel is a lot of money.

It's intended to be volunteer work. They ask that you already have your travel plans and hotel all figured out by the time you apply to E.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    zerzhul wrote: »
    They ask that you already have your travel plans and hotel all figured out by the time you apply to E.

This precisely. Enforcing is done out of <3.

Also, you don't need to be there 5-6 days. Bare minimum is three 6 hour shifts, so you can show up Friday morning and leave Sunday night (and plenty do thanks to school).

• Options
    UNHMANUNHMAN [E] Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I'm planing to do Prime 3 day so I could handle that. Just not almost a full week.
    EDIT: When do they ask for people to sign up?

UNHMAN on
  • Options
    CaldvanCaldvan Registered User regular
    Keep an eye on the news posts and pax twitter accounts.

[E]
  • Options
    KellyShepard087KellyShepard087 Myrtle Beach SCRegistered User regular
    I attended Prime '11 and East '12.
    After Prime I seriously wanted to be an Enforcer, but I wanted to show off as a virgin Cosplayer, so I chose attendee/cosplay for East and had a great time.
    But the group of friends I go with, I tend to get separated easily/frequently. I end up spend all my time 8am-1:30/2am at Pax just wandering around checking everything out.

Is it discouraged for someone to be an Enforcer and request all black shifts? Or even all late (wang?) shifts? I'm from Tennessee (the volunteer state) and have done a lot of volunteering in my life. I love it so much. I'd probly die of excitement to get to be an Enforcer.

- Biting's excellent! It's like kissing. Only there's a winner.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    Prime - '11 Attendee, '12 Enforcer, '13 Enforcer
    East - '12 Attendee, '15 Enforcer
  • Options
    Is it discouraged for someone to be an Enforcer and request all black shifts? Or even all late (wang?) shifts? I'm from Tennessee (the volunteer state) and have done a lot of volunteering in my life. I love it so much. I'd probly die of excitement to get to be an Enforcer.
    I'm not an enforcer, but I'm gonna tell you right now you shouldn't ride the black lightly.

• Options
    KellyShepard087KellyShepard087 Myrtle Beach SCRegistered User regular
    Haha, good advice.
    I just want to immerse myself as fully in to the experience as I can. I'm one tough cookie in love with the best 5days of my life every year.
    Prime '11 saw me as a virgin, average, everyday attendee, East '12 saw me as an virgin, average, everyday cosplay attendee. I want to be a virgin, everyday Enforcer.
    I'd love to do the expo hall. But where I met some of the coolest Es was the panel line organizers, and the free play coordinators, and the random Es wandering the halls just helping out.
    It seems like such an amzing experience. I don't wanna miss a minute of it.

- Biting's excellent! It's like kissing. Only there's a winner.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    Prime - '11 Attendee, '12 Enforcer, '13 Enforcer
    East - '12 Attendee, '15 Enforcer
  • Options
    MelesMelesMelesMeles Registered User regular
    Haha, good advice.
    I just want to immerse myself as fully in to the experience as I can. I'm one tough cookie in love with the best 5days of my life every year.
    Prime '11 saw me as a virgin, average, everyday attendee, East '12 saw me as an virgin, average, everyday cosplay attendee. I want to be a virgin, everyday Enforcer.
    I'd love to do the expo hall. But where I met some of the coolest Es was the panel line organizers, and the free play coordinators, and the random Es wandering the halls just helping out.
    It seems like such an amzing experience. I don't wanna miss a minute of it.

I'd say, wait until you apply, get in, and find out where you're working. But triple-wangshifting would be fine (plenty of people did it in Tabletop). Triple blackshifting...I'd avoid it. By all means, be around, help out, support others. But remember, you have to take care of yourself too! And remember kids, everytime someone overworks themselves, Tango punches a kitten.