As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Beauty is the promise of happiness [makeup, skincare, fashion] ONLY COOL BOYS ALLOWED

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Looove that colour, bits!

Oh - and I'm glad you like the bunny butt stuff! Did you get the bunnies are from venus scent?

I also have short nails... just can't deal with longer ones.

Also I knoooow I just bought two new bags

But I feel this would round out my collection nicely. 8->

• bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    thanks guys!

I did get bunnies from venus and like it a lot! and my mom wants me to order her a few different scents now.

Yesss

Bunnies are from Venus is so good that I'm almost afraid to order other scents

• WarbleWarble Registered User regular
    I'm so jealous of how good you ladies are at painting nails, mine looks so terrible in comparison when i'm finished with them!
    And Janson that is the most lovely diaper bag i've ever seen!

• bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    oh mine never look good right after painting, polish gets all over my hands/fingers! but after a shower the excess usually peels off.

of course the day after I put on a new color is when my china glaze stone cold matte polish shows up! I want to try it but I am so in love with the color on right now.

• WarbleWarble Registered User regular
    Oh, okay! That makes me feel a whole lot better :o
    I thought that i was just really bad!

• VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I re-did my nails on Monday:

33e90ff7.jpg

Meet Me on the Star Ferry from OPI's Hong Kong Collection

E: the color looks so different from the photo; it's more of a bronze-purple than a true purple

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Janson wrote: »
    Also I knoooow I just bought two new bags

But I feel this would round out my collection nicely. 8->

this is exactly what I thought after getting my first two bags

within 2 days I had purchased a third one :oops:

Hehe! What did you get, another Tippy bag? :)

• mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    usually im super disdainful when it comes to sparkly nail colors but something about that purple is really appealing and even classy to me

Hehe! What did you get, another Tippy bag? :)

Yup! It should be arriving today or tomorrow. :3
    usually im super disdainful when it comes to sparkly nail colors but something about that purple is really appealing and even classy to me

It's actually not really very sparkly in person or from afar; more of a metallic sheen rather than being super sparkly.

nail color never really comes out right on camera!

tumblr_m29hkwYhbQ1qihh0eo1_500.jpg

a neat trick using scotchtape

that's pretty cool! so does the scotch tape itself stay on your nail or do you peel it off and it leaves the polish behind?

you use the tape as a transparent decal, and the topcoat keeps everything in place : 0

• MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    That's so cool. It's from The Beauty Department, right?

I'm going to admit, when I first heard Lauren Conrad was starting a beauty blog I was really skeptical, but TBD actually has a lot of good tutorials like that. Also they have a pretty layout and I admit I am easily swayed by that.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
    Yeah Viv's nail colour is very classy, and is actually a colour I associate with her!

Viv when your new bag arrives I shall expect a picture!

@Warble, yessss, I think so too! And teal is my new obsession colour (sorry purple, I have so much of you). Plus it's different from the style of bag I normally go for. Uuuugh I *shouldn't* get it...

I hope it is not creepy or crazy that I associate certain colours with you ladies :[

that's not creepy or crazy at all

can I ask why that color reminds you of me though? I am genuinely interested!

My reasons are either I think it suits you, or you've posted about using that colour somehow before, or a mixture of the two!

The other colour I associate with you is a brassy/antique gold

Bits = fuschsia
    Liiya = sky blue
    WaM = a crimsony, vintage red
    Usagi = apple green
    MadEddy is also a green
    Muse = black

I can't really explain all of those, tho! Although some are obvious.

Not a goth black for Muse, tho; when I say black I'm thinking LBDs and killer heels

• World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    oooh janson I love that! I'm flattered! I think of you as a dusky pink (one of my favorite colors)

also, unrelated:
    before and afters for a buncha foundations

kQwcZLJ.png
    That is an awesome link, WaM!

And I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks of colours in that way! And I'll happily accept dusky pink. :)

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    do

do i have a color yet

or do i need to post way more makeup and clothes in the future when possible

edited April 2012
    omg @Janson I TOTALLY get what you're saying about Liiya and sky blue!

also Kate and that deep, Marilyn Monroe red

hell yeah

also
    a brassy/antique gold

racist

Vivixenne on
    @Antimatter, pretty much!

@Vivixenne, uh oh, racist?! Is there a Chinese-brassy gold connection I am unaware of? :shock:

i wish i had pretty things to show off

You could always show off pretty things you desire

Sometimes I almost get as much pleasure from window shopping as I do actually buying things!

duh, Rachel

yellow

gosh

for a second i thought you were talking to me, viv and i got WORRIED

edited April 2012
    oops sorry

wrong Rachel

besides you know I don't address you as Rachel

Vivixenne on
    yes that is true

but i'm finally getting used to people in general calling me that and thinking of myself with that name

hooray! \o/

Ooooh

But pffft, gold is not yellow!

And besides, you are a special lady as I have two colours for you ;)

woohoo! I'm speshul!

I've had a thought about color associations, and mine are

@Janson - peachy pink, like coral but not quite; think of NARS Orgasm blush without the shimmer :)
    @Liiya - sky blue, for sure
    @World as Myth - that amazing rich red color that she's wearing on her lips in one of her Facebook photos
    @Sheri - royal blue, probably with a slight purple tint; think of NYX's Morocco eyeshadow, but brighter
    @bowtiedseal - raspberry! I don't know why, but when I think of you that is the color that comes to mind!
    @Usagi - rich, earthy green, like NYX's Hunter Green eyeshadow
    @MadEddy - bright purple, probably because I think that color would look great on you!
    @Muse Among Men - OPI's O'Hare & Nails Look Great and/or Wet n Wild's Cinnamon Spice
    @mensch-o-matic - smooth copper, maybe a bit more orange than red
    @Antimatter - a muted, soft pink that's kinda like NYX's Spice blush
    @tynic - muted orange
    @Sassori - dark purple, or somewhere in between that and burgundy
    @Didgeridoo - navy blue

and I think that's all I can come up with right now :P

oh goodness :oops:

Ooh, good call on Sheri and Sassori!

Like, I didn't have colours in mind for them but now you mention it those really do suit. :)

Morocco, for the record, is probably the best NYX eyeshadow color ever to exist ever

in spite of my recent splurge on new eyeshadows, I still use NYX Morocco when I'm doing purple looks

the funny thing is that I have a hard time associated BOYS with colors

like I kind of associate Blake with an earthy olive green but I think that just might be because I frequently fantasize about him dressed up in army fatigues

This discussion has been closed.