As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[One Piece] Same day as Japan! er roughly.

• Options
    tolragtolrag Registered User regular
    There was no note at the bottom of the last page last week, so unless Oda caught a cold again it shouldn't be a break week.

• Options
    RhalloTonnyRhalloTonny Of the BrownlandsRegistered User regular
    Looking like it's not in this issue, for whatever reason.

!
  • Options
    LibrarianThorneLibrarianThorne Registered User regular
    Boooooooo

• Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    Is there even a Jump next week or will the next break be the week after?

There's definitely no episode this weekend.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    New Chapter!
    And we are... NAMI-SAN!

What kind of name is Caesar Clown =\ That's just as bad as the names in D.grey man. From the back (and from the front covers), he looks eerily like Magellan

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    This weeks chapter did a good job sorting out everything that's happened so far. I have no more lingering questions, for the most part.

• Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    This arc should not be as funny as it is.

• Options
    JakorianJakorian Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    New Chapter!
    And we are... NAMI-SAN!

What kind of name is Caesar Clown =\ That's just as bad as the names in D.grey man. From the back (and from the front covers), he looks eerily like Magellan
    I think the name is supposed to be Caesar Crown which makes way more sense.

Jakorian on
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Crown sounds much more likely. Especially since we already have a clown in this series.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    I want to live get a localization!

• Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    This weeks chapter did a good job sorting out everything that's happened so far. I have no more lingering questions, for the most part.

I feel the same. This chapter was hilarious!
    I wonder how Tashigi in Smoker's body can move around without a heart, though.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular

Yes. Fortunately I might have expansive cleavage by then.

I mean breasts.

PS3

• Options
    Turkey wrote: »

Great news! I just hope there's a Japanese voiceover option. Got nothing against the English VAs, I'm just used to the Japanese ones.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Current chapter discussion:
    Even if it is Sanji, it's weird to see him behave this way. He has never had such an un-gentleman behavior. When Nami's clothes were almost burned after she was turned into a wax statue along with Zoro and Vivi, he offered her his coat instead of having his nose bleeding to death. Even if he's the biggest pervert of the group, he has always been a gentleman.

RockinX on
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    RockinX wrote: »
    Even if it is Sanji, it's weird to see him behave this way. He has never had such an un-gentleman behavior. When Nami's clothes were almost burned after she was turned into a wax statue along with Zoro and Vivi, he offered her his coat instead of having his nose bleeding to death. Even if he's the biggest pervert of the group, he has always been a gentleman.

Well two years of hell will do that to a man

• Options
    And I was starting to like him again...

• Options
    V FactionV Faction Registered User regular
    Once in a lifetime opportunity.

I'd say these last few chapters are weird even on the One Piece scale.

Nintendo Network ID: V-Faction | XBL: V Faction | Steam | 3DS: 3136 - 6603 - 1330
    Pokemon White Friend Code: 0046-2121-0723/White 2 Friend Code: 0519-5126-2990
    "Did ya hear the one about the mussel that wanted to purchase Valve? Seems like the bivalve had a juicy offer on the table but the company flat-out refused and decided to immediately clam up!"
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    V Faction wrote: »
    Once in a lifetime opportunity.

Pretty much this. It's like his perverted side increased ten fold.

Riokenn on
    OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    So this week i'm doing atmospheric studies in class, and that totally reminded me of that awesome light physics joke Oda made when the Dark Lord fought Kizaru (Rayleigh Scattering!)

• Options
    Pretty sure nothing gut wrenchingly sad will happen this episode. I mean it's a flashback!

• Options
    Bad things never happen in flashbacks!

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    None of our characters have backstories with heartwrenching loss.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Don't ever take the stairs in a flashback!

• Options
    mageormikemageormike Registered User regular
    Another nice episode this week. One of the better flashbacks in a great while I think (since Enis Lobby maybe?).

• Options
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    So they're actually bringing the game over here?

If so, please tell me it's getting dubbed by the Funi voice cast. I like them so much more than the Japanese cast.

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    New Chapter!
    Nice on the eyes but scary on the inside
    Caesar Clown =\

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    You could say he/she is Smokin' Hot.

• Options
    So they're actually bringing the game over here?

If so, please tell me it's getting dubbed by the Funi voice cast. I like them so much more than the Japanese cast.

Funi's logo appears at the end, so probably!

I love both casts, but I tend to prefer the English cast for some particular dialogue changes. I love to support quality localization work.

• Options
    BehemothBehemoth Compulsive Seashell Collector Registered User regular
    Brownbeard is going to be the 10th crewmember

Obviously

iQbUbQsZXyt8I.png
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    New Chapter!
    Nice on the eyes but scary on the inside
    Caesar Clown =\
    Still like "Crown" better. Who knows? People thought the name of the giant on Thriller Bark was some variation of "Oz" for a long time.

Either way, I want to see more of him. One Piece has great villains (except Moria), and I see no signs of Caesar disappointing.

Zython on
  • Options
    Tons of exposition, this time. Will be interested to see how Luffy beats yet another Logia-type, hopefully he doesn't have to use Haki overmuch.

Still want the Tashigi/Zoro situation to get resolved this arc. We've waited what, a decade for it?

• Options
    It's like a shorter more hilarious Thriller Bark.

• Options
    Fallout2manFallout2man Vault Dweller Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

To that I can easily counter:
    Given the history of Victorian style morality/chivalry, this actually makes much more sense and lines up with reality. The reason they had so many rules and systems of etiquette was precisely to hide how perverted and debauched the "Elites" were of "common morality" from the masses. Chivalry, and morality like this precisely was created to cloak people's "true" nature from large numbers of people for purposes of manipulating them.

You can see the same behavior evidenced in people who tend to be overly nice or accommodating. They're being accommodating/nice, because they want something from you and are smart enough to know that the best way to get it reliability is to make you want to freely give whatever they're after to them. So elaborate games of favor are played to try and engender you to them, and eventually when that fails all hell breaks lose. Sanji knows he's never going to get another chance to "touch" Nami that way, it only makes sense he'd milk it for all he'd get. Human psychology sometimes gets in the way of lofty characterizations we have of people, sucks don't it? ;p

Fallout2man on
    On Ignorance:
    Kana wrote:
    If the best you can come up with against someone who's patently ignorant is to yell back at him, "Yeah? Well there's BOOKS, and they say you're WRONG!"

Then honestly you're not coming out of this looking great either.
  • Options
    EvilOtakuEvilOtaku Registered User regular
    Sanji knows he's never going to get another chance to "touch" Nami that way, it only makes sense he'd milk it for all he'd get.

I lol'd

• Options

To that I can easily counter:
    Given the history of Victorian style morality/chivalry, this actually makes much more sense and lines up with reality. The reason they had so many rules and systems of etiquette was precisely to hide how perverted and debauched the "Elites" were from common morality from the masses. Chivalry, and morality like this precisely was created to cloak people's "true" nature from large numbers of people for purposes of manipulating them.

You can see the same behavior evidenced in people who tend to be overly nice or accommodating. They're being accommodating/nice, because they want something from you and are smart enough to know that the best way to get it reliability is to make you want to freely give whatever they're after to them. So elaborate games of favor are played to try and engender you to them, and eventually when that fails all hell breaks lose. Sanji knows he's never going to get another chance to "touch" Nami that way, it only makes sense he'd milk it for all he'd get. Human psychology sometimes gets in the way of lofty characterizations we have of people, sucks don't it? ;p
    Well, to be fair, he could very well have checked Nami out when he had the chance back in Little Garden, too. Still, it's a fictitious character and I would have expected a slightly more decent behavior from him than showing the twins to everybody (like peeping, which he actually did do, and I don't really mind because it's Sanji, and he's supposed to do that) even if he's never gonna come close to be in such a blessed situation. Don't get me wrong, I think it's absolutely hilarious.

I'm aware that in Victorian times they had so much depravity under the hood that would make Baby Jesus cry. I read De Sade's Justine last year and that shit is awful, even if it's fiction; the worst part is that it's the tamest of De Sade's books.

Again, my only problem with Sanji showing Nami's boobs as if this were a job for Superman is that it's essentially a childhood ruiner if One Piece were a work of fiction from my childhood.

By the way, on the topic of "milking" the situation: LMAO! :^:

• Options
    EvigilantEvigilant VARegistered User regular
    Since it's a scientist in competition with Vega punk, I'd figure Franky would be playing a bigger role here. That's the first thing that comes to mind, especially since Franky's 2 years was spent at Vegapunks laboratory, which was cold as hell as well.

If the marine's leave, we're almost guaranteed for another Smoker + Strawhat crew meeting.

XBL\PSN\Steam\Origin: Evigilant
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Its funny, but the one thing that Im curious about is, since this is a marine meetup... we will likely see bounty increases after this arc for everyone. Comments in this chapter about their bounties not likely reflecting their current level due to the 2 year break pretty heavily telegraph it.

This discussion has been closed.