As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Giant Bomb: Ryan Davis is a pretty classy guy.

• ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Yes.

Probably.

Sounds like you have some internetting to do, young man.

• Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    I god damn need to buy Fez.

• DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    I want the Fez soundtrack, if only to set up the more ambient tracks for a driving playlist.

• FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    I want to see a Grimrock quick look

sig2.jpg
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Hm. Looks like windows actually has a built in solution for plugging in the 360 via Ethernet cable and sharing the connection

Neat

• Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Yeah I was psyched as hell for Fez the first time I saw it panning around

the framerate doesn't look sterling in that quicklook, which is disappointing, but it still looks damn amazing.

I get paid Friday. My 15 bucks are either going towards Fez or to the Shadowrun RPG kickstarter. I haven't decided which. It'll probably be Shadowrun since that's time limited but damn Fez is tempting as hell.

• gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    okay so

last year was duke nukem

this year is fez

next year half life 2 episode 3????

i can't get over the fact that that game that started out as episode 4 is going to come out before episode 3

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Oh my god, Ryan playing the song that dude had stuck in his head at the wrong speed.

Made better by the fact that they were talking about beautiful accidents earlier in the podcast.

• OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    gtrmp wrote: »
    okay so

last year was duke nukem

this year is fez

i can't get over the fact that that game that started out as episode 4 is going to come out before episode 3

Jesus

Are you kidding me

What the fuck is even happening at Valve anymore

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »
    okay so

last year was duke nukem

this year is fez

Jesus

Are you kidding me

What the fuck is even happening at Valve anymore

Tons of stuff. It's just that none of it is Half-Life.

• YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    okay so

last year was duke nukem

this year is fez

wait what does this have to do with Valve at all

• CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    gabe newell is future ronnie
    gabe_alt.jpg

Roosevelt really let himself go

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Mc zanyMc zany Registered User regular
    I got a real game room vibe from the pinball arcade quicklook.

YaYa wrote: »
    okay so

last year was duke nukem

this year is fez

wait what does this have to do with Valve at all

the original plan, according to gabe in an interview with pc gamer, was that ep3 would be followed up by a third-party half-life spinoff game. of course people called the spinoff "episode 4" without an actual name to go by. turns out the game in question was called "return to ravenholm" and was being developed by arkane studios in parallel to ep2 (and, later, ep3). when return to ravenholm was cancelled, arkane brought some of the design concepts of the game forward into dishonored, and they were joined by some ex-valve staffers, like the concept artist who created city 17 in hl2.

• FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    I really don't understand people's frustration with Valve over Half Life 3. The expectations for that game are fucking huge and if they don't make sure it's just as good as people expect it to be then people are going to be pissed. I don't care if it takes another 5 years for it to release so long as it's a good game.

sig2.jpg
  • SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    It's just funny how at this point it only seems like Valve is afraid of the number 3.

I mean I guess technically there's a third Counter-Strike game coming out, fine. (Condition Zero doesn't count)

sig.gif
    FirmSkater wrote: »
    I really don't understand people's frustration with Valve over Half Life 3. The expectations for that game are fucking huge and if they don't make sure it's just as good as people expect it to be then people are going to be pissed. I don't care if it takes another 5 years for it to release so long as it's a good game.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Valve deliberately held off on releasing the next Half-Life until the next-gen consoles' launch window so they don't have to fight the hardware limitations of the current consoles.

• HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I should try the newest Counter Strikes. I haven't played any CS except 1.6 (which I have dumped many many many hours into) so it'll be interesting to see how the series has evolved.

I don't like how things like Modern Warfare/Battlefield look, because all I see is absolute chaos everywhere, and you just happen upon every single enemy, hoping you can kill them before they kill you. That's what I've seen from GiantBomb, anyway. Not that it's a bad thing at all. Some people just want to run and shoot. It's a game, after all.

In Counter-Strike 1.6, everything was quiet. Every footstep was important, and you would move in teams to secure points before the enemy could. If you knew the map well enough, you knew whether it was possible for the enemy to be on point before you, depending on how fast you were running. You could be sitting in a dark spot, and hear someone reload their gun around the corner, then chuck a flashbang and run out to overwhelm him. There were just so many elements that made it a game of not only aiming skill like with any shooting game, but also a delicate dance of cat and mouse. I'd like to see if the new Counter Strikes hold that torch, or if they went more of the Modern Warfare/Battlefield route.

HugmasterGeneral on
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    I should try the newest Counter Strikes. I haven't played any CS except 1.6 (which I have dumped many many many hours into) so it'll be interesting to see how the series has evolved.

I don't like how things like Modern Warfare/Battlefield look, because all I see is absolute chaos everywhere, and you just happen upon every single enemy, hoping you can kill them before they kill you. That's what I've seen from GiantBomb, anyway. Not that it's a bad thing at all. Some people just want to run and shoot. It's a game, after all.

In Counter-Strike 1.6, everything was quiet. Every footstep was important, and you would move in teams to secure points before the enemy could. If you knew the map well enough, you knew whether it was possible for the enemy to be on point before you, depending on how fast you were running. You could be sitting in a dark spot, and hear someone reload their gun around the corner, then chuck a flashbang and run out to overwhelm him. There were just so many elements that made it a game of not only aiming skill like with any shooting game, but also a delicate dance of cat and mouse. I'd like to see if the new Counter Strikes hold that torch, or if they went more of the Modern Warfare/Battlefield route.

Counter-Strike hasn't changed much. Even the upcoming CSGO is mostly the same game.

• PaladinPaladin Registered User regular

Duke-Nukem-Forever1.jpg

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    now i'm thinking about how terrible a GiantBomb tnt of counterstrike would be

I'm guessing that that game is not for them

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

I am perfectly fine with waiting on Half-Life 3.

I just want to know what the fuck is going on.

It's been five years since Episode 2 and still the only information we have is that concept art of the Borealis.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    now i'm thinking about how terrible a GiantBomb tnt of counterstrike would be

I'm guessing that that game is not for them

They're Doom and Quake men

I think all 5 of them actively dislike Counter-Strike

6F32U1X.png
  • HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I keep writing and deleting a post about 'why games gotta think people dumb now and ain't got no patience' but I am not good enough at brain think making to get my thoughts out without it sounding like I'm just a slave to nostalgia. (which maybe I am)

HugmasterGeneral on
  • John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    So Cards Against Humanity TNT again tonight. The last one was goddamn hilarious but I wonder what, if any, game will be played to mix it up like last time.

Possibly the Mass Effect Resurgence stuff.

Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • SwissLionSwissLion We are beside ourselves! Registered User regular
    As someone who has watched (over the shoulder of a crazy person) several videos analysing the most insane intricacies of almost every detail of Call of Duty...

There is a level at which apparently a lot of people play those games that is as intricate and complex if not moreso than the stuff you described about Counterstrike.

This is coming from a guy whose most experience with CoD was climbing up to the highest point in one of the maps in the WWII one and whose favourite part about Counter-strike is either giving the bots funny names or the absurd early ragdoll of Source.

Which I'm not sure I would call unbiased, but it's a certain perspective.

ImWcN1I.png?3
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Paladin wrote: »

Duke-Nukem-Forever1.jpg

When did Gabe Newell sell Valve to George Broussard?

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
    Maybe I should watch some pro Modern Warfare play and see if it's for me.

fake edit: And this is when I remember I have terrible internet which is why I haven't played an online game in forever.

• SwissLionSwissLion We are beside ourselves! Registered User regular
    There's this guy, who seems to be the most common one I hear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ub89jnFzTY

He spends over twelve minutes talking about this one gun, so there must be something to talk about.

I appreciate these videos purely on how soothing his voice is when I hear it behind me while I am doing far less dumb things.

ImWcN1I.png?3
    edited April 2012
    notchr.jpg

Jesus Christ

edit: Though in a later tweet he says it sounds like they were kids and he's not really worried. Still, though. The amount of not-parenting on the internet is astounding. My kids won't even have Internet if it isn't in the living room, and only usable with a parent in full view of the monitor.

HugmasterGeneral on
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    So this is kick-ass.

The day the move to CBSi was announced, I sent in an email about where my subscription would be going. I had only been a subscriber for a month, despite falling in love with the site a year or two back thanks to you guys.

Well, a couple days back I got an email from Ryan Davis explaining what was up. I replied, thanking him for replying and saying I would support both sites, and I didn't care if the email was an automated reply or really him.

Turns out it was. And I gave props to you guys for getting me hooked on their site!

I love talking to kick ass journalists.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    oh gosh, don't tell them about us

nooooooo

• UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    notchr.jpg

Jesus Christ

edit: Though in a later tweet he says it sounds like they were kids and he's not really worried. Still, though. The amount of not-parenting on the internet is astounding. My kids won't even have Internet if it isn't in the living room, and only usable with a parent in full view of the monitor.

ttyl PIR

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

Ubik wrote: »
    notchr.jpg

Jesus Christ

ttyl PIR

wh-what is that?! Is that code for DRUGS? ARE YOU DOING INTERNET DRUGS YOUNG MAN

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    yesssssssssssssss

Giant Bomb must know

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    Well they already admit to reading NeoGAF, so this place can't possibly be any worse.

• agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Ye OldePAF won't leave you indifferent.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    A few of the tech people hang out on the SA forums, and Jeff's popped up there a couple of times.

Also there's a running joke that one of the posters is secretly Brad after he revealed that he had an account.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    man NeoGAF ain't so bad

• ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    yes it is

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
This discussion has been closed.