As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Unofficial PAX East Community DVD - Download here!

2»

• papaprinnypapaprinny Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    IT IS DONE.
    Watch our PAX East 2010 Tribute and download the torrent!
    I poured my heart into this video, and I made it for every single one of you! I hope you enjoy it, and I hope you enjoy Level99's music!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gB74N3-GN4E
    downloadtorrent.png
    Happy downloading folks! We hope you enjoy the Unofficial PAX East 2010 Community DVD!

papaprinny on
    paxeast2010dvdsignowout.jpgForumSig1.jpg
  • SepiothSepioth Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Awesome .. downloading and seeding now ...

Thanks for all the work you have done on this. This so much appreciated ... THANKS THANKS THANKS

I have a friendly request from all you people also using this torret.

We are all here to get the same thing .. can u please set your torent software to not ONLY recieve but also send .. stop leeching.

I have already blocked 15 IP's because you are taking from me at 300+kB/s and I'm getting 0.1kB/s from you.

So lets be fair to everyone here and seed not just leech ..

Thanks a bunch.

EDIT - Is it possible that this could get posted to Usenet?? Be much easier to get as well as faster :)

I'll continue to seed this as long as I can but it's gonna take forever to get it through torrent :)

Sepioth on
    4gzp0ml63v5i.png
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I've had to just download 2 discs to start because it's taking so long and I really want to watch the keynote and joco this weekend. I'm seeding what I have but my average right now is 15k down 30k up (it'll be about 5 days just to get my 2 discs at this rate).

Lindsay Lohan on
    edited March 2011
    yeah definitally gonna take a while ...

I have it set to get all right now and it jumps between 4-6 days :)

I understans the torrent is new and needs to mature so in due time I'll get it all ... hopefully before PAXe2011

I'm averaging about 250kB/s down and 200 kB/s up ...

I keep blocking people that just don't wanna share :) I blocked one person that had leeched 200mb from me and I got 0.5mb from them ... buhh bye .. :)

Sharing is Caring :)

Sepioth on
    4gzp0ml63v5i.png
    edited March 2011
    Sepioth:
    It is common for peers to not upload to everyone in the cloud. Maintaining dozens or even hundreds of connections with peers is beyond impractical, as there would be far too much overhead and inefficient use of bandwidth. I only upload to six folks concurrently on my 1mbps upstream, and I believe that is also the default for uTorrent.

papaprinny on
    edited March 2011
    This I understand but I still not gonna let someone take and not give .. just how I am.

If someone is getting it from me at 300k and I get nothing back from them I'm just gonna block them. Sorry.

Actually as much as I want this I have currently stopped the torrent .. just gonna take WAAAY to long to get any of it.

80gb is too much for me to get right now anyway. I typically have a high bandwith usage per month and my ISP doesn't like me going over 250gb a month. I can't use 80gb in the first few days of the beginning of the month. It would limit the rest of my monthly usage. If I dont use much this month I'll try to seed near the end of the month.

Hopefully one day it will hit Usenet and I can snag it from there.

Sepioth on
    4gzp0ml63v5i.png
  • SchlockSchlock aka, KoalaBro2 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011
    Awesome. PAX East 2011 will be my first PAX, and I'm super excited. After my midterms are done Wednesday, hopefully a few discs will be downloaded, and I can bask in the reflected glory of last year's event :)

To add to what other people are saying about the torrent, bear in mind that as new peers join the swarm, they'll be primarily leeching at first, until they've downloaded chunks you don't have. I find it hard to imagine anyone intentionally leeching the community DVD without helping to seed. Seriously, that's like the most basic application of Wheaton's Rule.

Schlock on
  • ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Indeed. Sorry about the speed as well, we intended to have a greater number of seeds ready for the release, but I have a 25mbit up & down FiOS line and I'm giving it all she's got so hopefully that helps. And before too long, a few people will have it done and everybody else should speed up their downloads.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    sheeesh. great job! :D

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • macrogeekmacrogeek Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm downloading just the discs that interest me for now...about half of it. I'm at 70% after 24hrs, you can probably download the whole thing in a day if you don't throttle your speed. I set my priority lower so that it wouldn't interfere with Netflix and such. I'll keep it seeding for a while once I finish.

Coldbrew & Prinny, I'm up for contributing my still photography again this year if you need it.

macrogeek on
  • SammySammy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    papaprinny wrote: »
    IT IS DONE.
    I poured my heart into this video, and I made it for every single one of you! I hope you enjoy it, and I hope you enjoy Level99's music!
    downloadtorrent.png
    Happy downloading folks! We hope you enjoy the Unofficial PAX East 2010 Community DVD!

oh come on! i haven't even had breakfast yet and i have to see my face on the internet. crying. hugging gabe. looking ridiculous. ugh.

just kidding. :wink:

there's no way i can download the whole thing, but what parts i do download i'll make sure to seed for a while, i normally turn off my laptop while at work. but i'll leave it cracked open for a few days.

Sammy on
    Go Team !Squirtle!!!! Nurse Joy Pokecrawl '11

PAX EAST 2012: HOTEL [X] FLIGHT [] PASSES [X] TIME OFF []
  • WildBil52WildBil52 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Just started downloading. At current speeds, uTorrent is saying 1 week and a half, but I'm sure as new people join the swarm, it will speed up. I seriously want to take a moment to sincerely thank everyone who had a hand in bringing this amazing documentation of PAX East 2010 to the masses who live and breath everything games.

WildBil52 on
    @GamersLikeMe-follow me, I love games and other things that are awesome.
    edited March 2011
    Sammy wrote: »
    IT IS DONE.
    downloadtorrent.png

oh come on! i haven't even had breakfast yet and i have to see my face on the internet. crying. hugging gabe. looking ridiculous. ugh.

there's no way i can download the whole thing, but what parts i do download i'll make sure to seed for a while, i normally turn off my laptop while at work. but i'll leave it cracked open for a few days.

IT'S SAMMY!

Hey Sam, just wanted you to know that we dedicated Disc 10 to you! It's the first-play video before the main menu. Thanks for being so brave out there, we love ya for it!

papaprinny on
  • SammySammy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Sammy wrote: »
    IT IS DONE.
    downloadtorrent.png

IT'S SAMMY!

Hey Sam, just wanted you to know that we dedicated Disc 10 to you! It's the first-play video before the main menu. Thanks for being so brave out there, we love ya for it!

*face/palm in embarrassment*

....<3

Sammy on
    Go Team !Squirtle!!!! Nurse Joy Pokecrawl '11

PAX EAST 2012: HOTEL [X] FLIGHT [] PASSES [X] TIME OFF []
  • Oldmangloom315Oldmangloom315 [ENFORCER] Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Just started downloading this, I will be sure to continue to seed back. Unfortunately my upload is capped at 1MB thanks to having a garbage cable ISP.

Oldmangloom315 on
  • WaduWadu Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Downloading and seeding, may actually get a disk or two before PAX East this year. Wanted to add my thanks for all the hard work putting this together, it looks great.

Wadu on
  • macrogeekmacrogeek Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I went ahead and downloaded all the discs now. I'm @93%; and seeding. Looks like we have about 17 seeders in the cloud now, so it should start getting faster for everyone else.

I'm going to try to have the set on my hard drive for PAX.

macrogeek on
  • MJPMMJPM Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    macrogeek wrote: »
    I went ahead and downloaded all the discs now. I'm @93%; and seeding. Looks like we have about 17 seeders in the cloud now, so it should start getting faster for everyone else.

I'm going to try to have the set on my hard drive for PAX.

Thanks for the seeding help, macrogeek, as well as the pictures. Be sure to check the slide show features on some of the discs, and the credits to see where we have credited all of our volunteers and contributors!

PAX East 2011, here we come!

As an update, I'm curious as to how many of you have fully downloaded either a select disc or the who DVD set, and what you've thought of it so far. Feedback will go a long way in helping us with the next DVDs, so let us know what you think. I know I started as a "consumer" back during PAX East 2010 and contributed later to this DVD through photos and some post production work before I was brought on board to film at PAX Prime. I am really liking the work that was done for the PAX East set and look forward to our work creating a PAX Prime 2010 and eventually PAX East 2011 DVD with you all!

MJPM on
    paxeast2010dvdsignowout.jpgForumSig2.jpg
  • WaterbornWaterborn Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Amazing Job! Downloading (and uploading) now. Can't wait to watch all the content!

Waterborn on
    http://www.2old2play.com/Blog/Waterborn
    East Coast Correspondent for 2Old2Play.com
  • EthrinilEthrinil Registered User regular
    A bit late, but I am downloading this now. I can't wait to burn this to dvd and put it up with my collection. This is simply amazing.

• Jordan the hoboJordan the hobo Bristol, MARegistered User regular
    I wish I could download it but its keeps saying that the files exceed the file-system size limit and cannot be saved. when I start it anyway it errors out. Any idea on how to remedy this?

XBL:Jordan the hobo
    PSN:Jordan_the_hobo
    STEAM:Jordan the hobo
    TWITTER:Jordanthehobo
  • goldenfalcongoldenfalcon Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I'm not getting any action. It's not downloading... are there enough people sharing?

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I'm not getting any action. It's not downloading... are there enough people sharing?

Considering it's a year or so old, it's probably not being seeded much anymore since most of the people that were waiting on it likely grabbed it right away. I could be wrong though.

• ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    We have a dedicated server hosting this torrent on a FiOS line. The only problem is that it keeps on rebooting, and it's really pissing me off because it doesn't auto login. I'll have to look into fixing that. Regardless, I can just RDP into it when it reboots and login to get things going just fine.

So it should be up now, let me know if it's working at all.

EDIT: Just tested and it seems to be working okay for me.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • lamelama22lamelama22 Registered User regular
    I'd really like to get this collection... but I really can't spare 76 (+ upload, so maybe double?) GB of my Comcast monthly 250 GB limit (hell, I share that bandwidth with 3 other ppl, so I really only get 62.5 GB total per month). And no, no option for FIOS/UVerse where I am, and Comcraptic doesn't let you buy any additional bandwidth. Paying by myself for an additional DSL line might be an option, but not a practical or affordable one. Even spreading it out over a few months might not be an option. :(

I would gladly pay moneys to get them burned onto discs and shipped out though - even with profit built in it'd be cheaper than wasting the bandwidth. Though I doubt you want to get into that business, but if you do, send me a PM.

Who knows, maybe the community could start a small business out of it?

We've been looking into ways of making that work, so don't worry. We could never make even the slightest profit from this though, we'd have to charge production/shipping value, or round up slightly then send any excess off to Child's Play or something. This is why it'll take time to figure things out, but at some point we'll be able to ship out physical copies I'm sure.

Also yeah I'm always bummed hearing about monthly limits that everybody seems to have. When I had Comcast there was never a limit; either that or I never hit it, because I was constantly torrenting things like this and never had any issues.

NSw0gum.png
  • lamelama22lamelama22 Registered User regular
    Yea if I ever manage to get my hands on it (or subsequent sets) I'd be happy to lend my burner & time to pumping them out / shipping out at cost.

Regarding the monthly limits... yea I haven't had a problem since I've been living in Boston, but I've taken care to not go over the limit (or by much, at least). But when I was down in Virginia, me & my roommate at the time almost hit 800 GB one month before we even knew there was a limit, and they called / threatened to cut us off for a year if we did it again - and in the apartment building we were in, we literally had no other choices for internet - not even dialup. :-/

• MJPMMJPM Registered User regular
    I wish I could download it but its keeps saying that the files exceed the file-system size limit and cannot be saved. when I start it anyway it errors out. Any idea on how to remedy this?

Jordan,

Is your file system by chance FAT 32? If that's the case, there would be your problem. Since these ISO files exceed the max file size on FAT 32 of 4 GB (these are each 7 GB+ depending on the content) you would not be able to save the files to that drive. If you can get a NTFS drive going, if you are Mac, exFAT, or some other file system that allows files this size, you should be able to download it then.

This is all assuming it's an actual file system issue. I did a quick Google search and saw that there is an old Windows Vista issue or sometimes a bittorrent configuration (depending on the app) that causes this too, so it depends. Let me know if this helps at all, or PM me if you need further assistance.

paxeast2010dvdsignowout.jpgForumSig2.jpg