As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Diablo III] The old thread.

1939495969799»

• Options
    NewresNewres Registered User regular
    captaink wrote: »
    I have to make myself not play in order to not burn out on that part of the game.

I got a perfect solution for that... I do not have a beta key :( At this point I just want to confirm that it works on my macbook, but still no shot at a beta key :/

960751-1.png
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    I have to make myself not play in order to not burn out on that part of the game.

Yeah, all of you beta people should be jealous of folks like me. Here I am, just enjoying the fact that I'll be experiencing Diablo III nice and fresh. Brand new. Untainted by any frustrating beta experiences or bugs. Unladen by a burden of replaying a level I've already ground to death trying to slake my thirst for click-spammy goodness, loot, and the wholesale slaughter of things not-good.

Of course, if someone were to offer me the full game right now, my swift response would be found here, in panel 3:
    1161028694_Js7bb-L.jpg

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Pre-ordered a CE through Best Buy. I give a 50/50 shot that I actually ever see a CE on my door step, and don't just get a random "You're order has been canceled" e-mail from them.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Pre-ordered a CE through Best Buy. I give a 50/50 shot that I actually ever see a CE on my door step, and don't just get a random "You're order has been canceled" e-mail from them.

50/50 is being pretty optimistic ;)

Honestly though I don't know why they would short you, wouldn't they stop accepting preorders if they didn't have enough coming in?

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    I still check my battle.net account once a week to see If I got in. I never get in blizzard beta's though. I miss warforge heh.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »

50/50 is being pretty optimistic ;)

Honestly though I don't know why they would short you, wouldn't they stop accepting preorders if they didn't have enough coming in?

Best Buy's inventory control system hasn't proven to be quite that reliable in the past. Since other places like Amazon and GameStop HAVE stopped taking pre-orders, it leads one to believe there is a possibility Best Buy is just stupid and isn't going to be able to fill all their orders. If that's the case, I'll get my money back and go digital...figured it was a risk free way to try and end up with a CE.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    So my Diablo III client still won't update, it just stays at Updating Tools (0%)

Is the new patch out yet or not?

Had the same issue. You need to delete your battle.net folder in the hidden folder "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ ... Once " I believe. I did that, ended the agent*32 task in task manager and restarted the launcher and it worked fine.

Oh and when you do that it will attempt to redownload a bunch of stuff and your install bar may freeze for 5-10 minutes, don't close it, just let it go and it will be fine.

I can't find this mythical folder

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Whoops I totally forgot to actually pre-order a CE

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »

Yeah, all of you beta people should be jealous of folks like me. Here I am, just enjoying the fact that I'll be experiencing Diablo III nice and fresh. Brand new. Untainted by any frustrating beta experiences or bugs. Unladen by a burden of replaying a level I've already ground to death trying to slake my thirst for click-spammy goodness, loot, and the wholesale slaughter of things not-good.

Of course, if someone were to offer me the full game right now, my swift response would be found here, in panel 3:
    1161028694_Js7bb-L.jpg

I should have tagged my post #BetaPeopleProblems :P

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Apparently I still can from Walmart? That seems odd.

This discussion has been closed.