As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WH40,000] Tales of the Neckbeard and Adventures in Crazyland, 1000 FLGS stories.

• NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    Matrias wrote: »
    If there is one thing I learned about GW while working with them...

It's knowing when they are going to sue someone's fucking pants right off.

I went to the C&C Tiberium Alliances website, and two of the remaining 3 wallpapers like the two above look daaaaamn close to some of the vehicles in the original Planetside. I understand that it's probably getting hard to come up with new and original ideas for basic tanks, but come on... they're not even trying

The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • mr_michmr_mich Mmmmagic. MDRegistered User regular

And in this case, I think they're totally right to do so. I mean, I used to love the C&C series, and it had its own very distinct flavor and feel. The 40k universe has pretty little overlap with it, and there's no excuse for EA to throw out all of the motifs they'd made just to steal something and shoehorn it in.

• Mystery.ShadowMystery.Shadow Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    So I got my new job offer.
    Time to celebrate with some frivolous spending!

Woot!

WARNING! MMO Addiction can Prevent Long-Term Employment, a Meaningful Relationship, and Financial Independence. When's the Next Raid?

I Spent 90% of my Money on Women and Warhammer. The Rest I Wasted.
  • SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    Holy fucking shit C&C guys

I mean yeah your IP and game has gone to shit but c'mon

• TraceofToxinTraceofToxin King Nothing Registered User regular
    SJ wrote: »
    Holy fucking shit C&C guys

I mean yeah your IP and game has gone to shit but c'mon

I think when more than half the existing series is shit it is more accepted to just call the brand shit and acknowledge the good work as outliers.

Everyday I wake up is the worst day of my life.
    Well the Red Alert games are good, the original C&C is good, Renegade was good... C&C3 wasn't completely terrible? Yeah so uh /derail

• valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    I liked Generals.

Now, I have had a very bad thing happen to me, and I need to drown my sorrows in 40K. Everybody complain about me being a bad 40k player and list maker and then proceed to talk more about 40k.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
    Renegade was one of my favorite games growing up...Along with RA2 and Tiberian Sun (which was awesome and I'll fight anyone who says otherwise)

I liked Generals.

Now, I have had a very bad thing happen to me, and I need to drown my sorrows in 40K. Everybody complain about me being a bad 40k player and list maker and then proceed to talk more about 40k.

What happened? So, ya'know. That I may more thoroughly mock you and your efforts.

• valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Let's just say I did something I shouldn't have and am now suffering the consequences. MOck away, it's the least that I deserve.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
    Wait, is this a 40k related offense or something more personal?

Let's just say I did something I shouldn't have and am now suffering the consequences. MOck away, it's the least that I deserve.

Torrented hentai, book it.

Did you have sex with an underage boy?

SJ could give you advice on that.

I haven't really enjoyed a C&C game since the Original, or RA2.

So, I ordered all my DW stuff. I'll be home in two weeks to mash all the mans together and start mailing dudeguyskis out to warhamsbros.

This makes me want to build a Tru-scale Japanese themed SM army.

LE SIGH.

Anyone else going to Wargames con?

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Curse you! the Free RPg day book again is the imperial guard rgp for this year and a lot of stores have closed here so I highly doubt I will be able to get one

I liked REd Alert but then I liked playing with againist someone far more sigh

More personal.

In 40K land, though, I am seriously considering ebaying my IG. I must have three thousand points of older metal Valhallans and plastic stormtroopers. I don't wanna. But... they don't excite me at all.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg

More personal.

In 40K land, though, I am seriously considering ebaying my IG. I must have three thousand points of older metal Valhallans and plastic stormtroopers. I don't wanna. But... they don't excite me at all.

You should ebay them and spend the money on coke/hookers.

That'll make you feel better.

Ugh.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    So you got caught with coke & hookers then?

Well then no reason to stop now!

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
    But seriously, eBay them. You can spend the money on an apology gift for whoever you pissed off, and you can also get more bikes/fists for fisting in your force of Imperial Fisters.

I haven't pissed off anyone but myself. And someone else helped piss me off.

Neither here nor there.

As to the IG. I love them. I really do. And I would love to play them. It's just the sheer amount of effort involved in getting them painted seems herculean. And just physically moving them around.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
    So that means you have to buy a gift to make yourself feel better.

Which means more fisters.

For fisting.

I do need some more bikes. And it's about time I bought something to carry this army around in.

That's the spirit!

You should buy me some drugs, since you don't want any. We'll call it a consultation fee.

• Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    I know what it is. You started a new army didn't you?
    Actually I'm sorry to hear you're down.
    If the army honestly doesn't excite you, ebay them. If the task to paint it all seems too much, put a bunch a way and work on a small group at a time.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
    I do need some more bikes. And it's about time I bought something to carry this army around in.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    You could also try bartertown instead of ebay. Might be more likely to get rid of the whole lot at once.

• DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    I love how Valhalla's response is quoted 2 posts above the actual response.

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    Draeven wrote: »
    I love how Valhalla's response is quoted 2 posts above the actual response.

I was quite confused for a second.

why are you smelling it?
    I'm a time traveller. No big deal.

• McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Here's the IG list I'm planning to bring to Sharp's Toronto tourney. As this will be my first ever tournament, some input would be muchos appreciated!
    Imperial Guard List
    Unit: Points
    HQ: 1500

Company Command Squad 50
    Lascannon 20
    Master of Ordinance 30
    Camo Cloaks 20
    Vox Caster 5
    Laspistols x2 0

Troops:

Platoon Command Squad 30
    Flamer x4 20
    Chimera (hull h-flamer) 55

Infantry Squad 50
    Sergeant Power Weapon 10
    Sergeant Melta Bombs 5

Infantry Squad 50
    Sergeant Power Weapon 10
    Sergeant Melta Bombs 5

Infantry Squad 50
    Sergeant Power Weapon 10
    Sergeant Melta Bombs 5
    Commissar 35
    Commissar Power Weapon 10

Infantry Squad 50
    Sergeant Power Weapon 10
    Sergeant Melta Bombs 5
    Commissar 35
    Commissar Power Weapon 10

Veteran Squad 70
    Plasma Gun x2 30
    Lascannon 20

Veteran Squad 70
    Plasma Gun x2 30
    Lascannon 20

Elite:

Guardsman Marbo 65

Fast Attack:

Armoured Sentinel 55
    Autocannon 5

Armoured Sentinel 55
    Autocannon 5

Heavy Support:

Leman Russ Battle Tank 150
    Lascannon 15

Leman Russ Demolisher 165
    Lascannon 15

Hydra Flak Tank x2 150

The plan is to bubblewrap human-shield my shooty, chewy centre with two 20man blob squads (dreadnaught proof thanks to meltabombs!), and two sentinels.
    I've had good results with foot veteran squads with las/plas, especially because people don't seem to be used to plasma guns shooting out 24inches (theyre usually moving).
    I'm using the deadly Altman inspired MoO command squad. I was originally wanting to run Straken, but he's too pricey for 1500pts the way I like to kit him out.
    Hydras and Russes to smoosh things while trying to not get powerfisted in the bum.
    PCS BBQ team to stay in reserve or in cover to counter 'assault' and objective grab.
    Marbo because he's badass.

McGibs on
    website_header.jpg
    edited April 2012
    You could always just use the $Texas you'll pick up from selling Valhallans in order to fund an interesting 40k army instead!

e: ^^^ Bubblewrapping is the worst term and you should feel bad

SJ on
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    Those squads still aren't really dreadnought proof, since melta bombs have a real tough time against walkers.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
    It's as dreadnought proof as they can get. By proof I mean they have a very small chance to destroy a dread, instead of getting stuck in combat until they all die.
    Two chances to get a 6 every assault phase, before 20 of them die off is still a pretty good chance to score a hit and destroy. Just takes 3 or 4 phases.

website_header.jpg
  • altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    It's dreadnought proof because unless it's a furioso, that blob will take 60-70 turns of combat to annihilate with a commissar there behind them encouraging them that they're doing a great job against that adamantine hulk that is tearing people asunder and to continue stabbing it with their bayonets because it's working.

I would actually just forego the melta bombs entirely, and then I'd just replace one of the flamers in your platoon command squad with a heavy flamer and then I'd add a 3rd plasma or a pfist or something.

Another option against dreads is to throw the armored sentinel at them. They actually work really well as tarpits even against s10 dreads because you still only have a 33% chance of dieing from a Penetrating hit and most dreads only have 2 attacks base. So they have to hit, then pen then roll a 5-6. Most of my armored sentinels die from glances or being worn down.

Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
    Heavy flamers just seem to crazy overcosted I can never bring myself to get them. Heavy flamers go on vehicles!

website_header.jpg
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    My sealed copy of Space Hulk arrived.

I'm afraid to open it.

• Mystery.ShadowMystery.Shadow Registered User regular
    Open it, you know you want to. If you need more I have about ten of them still sealed....

WARNING! MMO Addiction can Prevent Long-Term Employment, a Meaningful Relationship, and Financial Independence. When's the Next Raid?

I Spent 90% of my Money on Women and Warhammer. The Rest I Wasted.
    Well I would like a set to paint ...

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Open it, you know you want to. If you need more I have about ten of them still sealed....

FFS, you reminded me that my brother was holding me a copy, then just before I could buy it, sold it to pay some bills. I was sad :(

• MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    Nax wrote: »

I went to the C&C Tiberium Alliances website, and two of the remaining 3 wallpapers like the two above look daaaaamn close to some of the vehicles in the original Planetside. I understand that it's probably getting hard to come up with new and original ideas for basic tanks, but come on... they're not even trying
    I bet there's one guy responsible for all the designs and he's about to lose his job.

3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
    You could always just use the $Texas you'll pick up from selling Valhallans in order to fund an interesting 40k army instead!

I really do find htem interesting. I guess my creative fires have been doused regarding htem recently. I'd really like the money from selling them, but the idea of rebuying them, which is definitely what I'd do, is too much. Better to finish off my Fists. Then finish the tyranids, then get back to the IG and do them justice.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
This discussion has been closed.