As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Beauty is the promise of happiness [makeup, skincare, fashion] ONLY COOL BOYS ALLOWED

• Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    I have been messing around with getting manicures more frequently lately, though this last time was because while at PAX three of my gel nails peeled off D: Right now I have this going on:

11k8c2o.jpg

It is China Glaze 2Nite which minus the ridiculously stupid name is a really pretty cornflower blue rainbow holo! Both the nice and bad thing about gel manicures is that I'll have this color for quite a long time unless I decide to shell out $35 for a fill, or dremel it off myself. Those are still my natural nails underneath but unfortunately they're so weak from being sanded down to apply gel coat that if I do take off the gel coat they'll snap off at my fingertip which is sort of lame. I appreciate that my sister thought it would be great to do girl time things together and get gel manicures but now I'm sort of stuck!

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    My feet are in terrible shape.

Who wants to get a pedi with me (you have to promise not to scream).

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    Viv that is actually one of my favorite colors <3

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    hahaha for real? that explains it :)

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    EricsErics Charming to the last Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    I frequently fantasize about him dressed up in army fatigues

You know, several pages back I think your dream boat was posted! You'll have to fight off the prettiest woman in the world to get him though.

In fashion news I picked up a ton of new things recently. A couple staple things like ties and belts, pair of brown chinos, a pair of classy as fuck shoes, and an awesome safari blazer from Banana Republic. I wore the blazer at PAX a couple days and @Lexxy humorously mentioned that along with looking nice it made me easy to spot/find!

fabulousFantastic.png
    Twitter | Steam | Twitch.tv ~♪
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    @Cabsy - yeah, I have quite strong natural nails and I think I'll always refuse a gel manicure for that reason! I do like the cornflower blue, though; it's very pretty. :)

@Tonkka - uuugh, my feet are always in pretty terrible shape. Apart from having fat ugly feet anyway, I have so many problems with hard skin. So I'll go with you. A pedicure can supposedly help induce labour, anyway.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I have never had a professional pedicure!

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Haha

I'm surprised I didn't get black. To match the color of my heart. :)

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    @Janson and @Vivixenne <3 Those are two of my favorite colors! In fact, my fav eyeshadow right now is a rich earthy green!

• Options
    GRMikeGRMike The Last Best Hope for Humanity The God Pod Registered User regular
    I'm growing my hair out. My wife hates this, but I hate getting hair cuts every 2 to 3 weeks to keep it the way she likes it.

Ladies, am I making a mistake? Gents, who else is going Bubba Watson with me?

• Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    GRMike wrote: »
    I'm growing my hair out. My wife hates this, but I hate getting hair cuts every 2 to 3 weeks to keep it the way she likes it.

I'll give you solidarity in spirit, but I can't pull off long hair. I'd love to see how you rock it though

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    I'm fighting the urge to take my scissors to the back of my ponytail at the moment.

I suspect that this might be an overreaction.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    I have that same urge, Sassori. I do actually trim my own hair, although it requires a little more effort than just reaching around and hacking off my ponytail. Ugh, just haven't really wanted to spend the time to do so recently!

@Usagi, yay! :)

Janson on
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    @Vivixxene: those colors are beautiful!

• Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    @janson and @vivixenne I love my colors! I'm actually wearing a shirt that could be described as a fuchsia/raspberry ish color today : )

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    I do like sky blue! :)

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular

I normally have mid length hair, so I'll give you a thumbs up. Trying "short" for a change though, to see how it goes...it is..interesting, was a little wierded out washing it the first couple of times and my silhouette looks totally wrong to me when I catch a reflection.

Keep at it, you can always cut it off later if you don't like it.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    GRMikeGRMike The Last Best Hope for Humanity The God Pod Registered User regular
    When I attempt this I always imagine my hair looking like this:
    Matt_berry.jpg

But I always end up with it looking like this:
    198_12713581124_504511124_978710_8936_n.jpg

It isn't awful, but it can start to look like a helmet.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    The hair in the former picture looks like it requires product to style and hold it. Without that it would totes look like a helmet too!

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Tippy bag get!

0051ffb7.jpg

That picture doesn't show off the shape very well but I will say it is my fave bag so far cuz of the colors. :)

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    Those colors look very nice together. I like it.

• Options
    I adore the shit out of it; the fabric used to make it is tougher than the other cotton canvases, too, which I think it helping it hold its shape!

• Options
    OMG guys

There are no threads in SE++ that I want to post in

Except this one of course but I have nothing to add right now :(

• Options
    IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular

I can rock the shit out of long hair

I'm currently at about 4 months since my last hair cut

6 months is when it starts to get a bit long

1 year and then this happens

12468_398071645384_693865384_10236605_2857987_n.jpg

Flocks of men are suddenly attracted to me

ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    @vivixenne haha, you're good at this! Navy Blue is probably the color I wear the most often, followed by burgundy. It just goes so well with everything!

• Options
    mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    @mensch-o-matic - smooth copper, maybe a bit more orange than red

and I think that's all I can come up with right now :P

oooh you mean, like, a honey color? because i loves me some honey

• Options
    @mensch-o-matic - smooth copper, maybe a bit more orange than red

and I think that's all I can come up with right now :P

oooh you mean, like, a honey color? because i loves me some honey

ooooh yes! like a glowy, deep honey color

kinda like this: heathmonthoney.com.au/images/products/Honey/Red-Gum/red-gum-honey-1kg.jpg

• Options
    Sheri wrote: »
    OMG guys

There are no threads in SE++ that I want to post in

Except this one of course but I have nothing to add right now :(

I feel this way sometimes, even though I also have the AusPAX and journalism threads

I miss the impromptu chat threads that pop up every so often

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    @bowtiedseal
    Sally's is doing a 'buy any 2 ($6.99 or less) nail polish, get the 3rd free' until the end of April. and since i've re-upped my membership, i'm thinking of picking up at least some more Hunger Games colors (Agro and maybe Smoke and Ashes.) ... i want something bright and Springy, too, and i don't have any true pinks. ...too many choices!

i'd say use Stone Cold as a half-moon on your cuticles, once you get used to your current color as-is. it is such a neat finish.

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    i love the crap outta stone cold, but that shit chips almost immediately

kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    @Vivixenne that bag is soooo pretty! The colours do go together really well. :)

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    same with Riveting. Harvest Moon holds up pretty well. but they're all so pretty, it's worth it; i think i'll just do French tips with another color whenever i wear Stone Cold or Riveting. i haven't tried anything too pricey, but Wet n Wild is winning on the durability front. then again, those might not be 3-free, since they're from high school (12 years at the least.)

pooka on
    lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    Me too!

• Options
    @Janson I will have you know that I am adding rows to your afghan RIGHT NOW

• Options
    Yaaay!

• Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    I got an eyebrow pencil.
    Brows are feeling better!

Which is good cause I somehow over plucked in my sleep.. like.. really went overboard :oops:

• Options
    what pencil did you get?

I like the shape of mine but they could do with some filling in when I wear darker makeup... I just have no idea what a good pencil to use is!

• Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I got Maybelline's define-a-brow
    It's the only one I've tried really, so not sure how well it compares to others.
    Suppose I could show you the embarrassing state of my brows. Do a before and after :P

skettios on
  • Options
    I know I'm not skettios but I really like my Laura Mercier eyebrow pencil, find it glides on fairly easily but stays on.

This discussion has been closed.