As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Kitty [Chat]s!

• Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    unknown phone # calls me. I don't answer. I google the phone # and find a cheap looking website where other people who looked up the phone number have come together to complain about it.

I feel soooooooooooo old now.

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Doctor Fanny Pack

Fanny packs are cool.
    Okay, even the Doctor can't make them cool.

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    ok i did the battle of pavia

this time i just hit ctrl+a

then charged one unit after another with every single unit with no regard for composition or freshness

i won

o_o

You can't be too considerate of your people. They are after all expendable.

ftOqU21.png
  • poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    unknown phone # calls me. I don't answer. I google the phone # and find a cheap looking website where other people who looked up the phone number have come together to complain about it.

I have never understood why people don't answer numbers they don't know. Honestly. When I meet people who do that and I ask, they always look at me as if I'm mad... and that's it.

I guess this is where you look at me as if I'm mad. Set your webcam up and let me know when you're ready?

I figure I could take a bear.
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    I get all kinds of bullshit calls from unrecognized numbers. It's quicker to ignore them and simply respond to the ones with compelling messages.

( . )( . )

hawt

ftOqU21.png
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Doctor Fanny Pack

Fanny packs are cool.

You know what fanny means in British English, right?

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    poshniallo wrote: »

I have never understood why people don't answer numbers they don't know. Honestly. When I meet people who do that and I ask, they always look at me as if I'm mad... and that's it.

I guess this is where you look at me as if I'm mad. Set your webcam up and let me know when you're ready?

Why would I want to talk to people I don't know?

• mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular

It's because if I don't know they number, there's a high chance that it is someone trying to sell me something.

If it's important and they really want to talk to me, they'll call back or leave a voice mail.

Sarksus wrote: »
    99.9% of unknown numbers don't even leave a message.

who even uses messages in this day and age

ftOqU21.png

• wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    One of life's great pleasures is hearing the doorbell ring while you're in bed. And then staying in bed.

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    also I am trying to figure out all the smiley combinations that don't result in one of the new, horrifying, emoticons

so far :[ and :{ work

also :] and :}

Just use monkey for everything.

:(|)

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular

Potential employers requesting an interview is my #1 reason for answering an unknown number.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    also I am trying to figure out all the smiley combinations that don't result in one of the new, horrifying, emoticons

See my avatar.

• mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »

The internet is mostly a lot of messages being passed back and forth.

Do you really not understand?

notsureifserious.jpg

• DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Although, it does make more sense to just let it go to voicemail and call them back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Feral wrote: »

and bees!

:bz

Arch on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Doctor Fanny Pack

Fanny packs are cool.

Yep.

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I have never understood why people don't answer numbers they don't know.

90% of the time, it's a telemarketer.
    5% of the time, it's a wrong number.
    4% of the time, it's somebody from my past I don't want to talk to.
    The other 1% of the time, they can leave a voice mail.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

Abdhyius wrote: »

If someone doesn't leave a message I don't call them back, so I hope anyone who wants to talk to me but doesn't find me available does :p

• wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Doctor Fanny Pack

Fanny packs are cool.

But do you know what fag means in American English?

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    the bee is every emoticon you need it to be :bz

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Grocery store did not have simple syrup. FUCKING PROLES.

proles are those who buy simple syrup instead of making it themselves.

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Doctor Fanny Pack

Fanny packs are cool.

it means super fun

fuck gendered marketing

notsureifserious.jpg

Sometimes it's a telemarketer - I just say no thanks and hang up. Doesn't bother me. I guess it's supposed to make me act like George Costanza?

The rest of the time it's someone who wants to talk to me. Could be my best friend or my wife or whoever just calling from an unusual number.

If I don't want to talk to them I hang up. It's more hassle to google a number or wonder if it was important than to talk to the human being and find out.

notsureifserious.jpg

Sometimes it's a telemarketer - I just say no thanks and hang up. Doesn't bother me. I guess it's supposed to make me act like George Costanza?

The rest of the time it's someone who wants to talk to me. Could be my best friend or my wife or whoever just calling from an unusual number.

If I don't want to talk to them I hang up. It's more hassle to google a number or wonder if it was important than to talk to the human being and find out.

Seeeeee you understand! *friendly punch in the shoulder*

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i downloaded microsoft flight and i like it

but you only get slow, old, quirky planes

and you only get hawaii

i understand the maps are p detailed and nice and i can't expect to have unlimited access to all of america and dozens of vehicles

but come on

not even a 747 or some shit?

this is p lame

now i don't like the game anymore :(

• ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    in the day of "crap my cellphone died but I memorized a few numbers" I have been called from unknown numbers with startling frequency

also i dont get telemarketers on my cellphone?

if it is an unknown number, it is usually more important to me!

I also never get why people screen messages on their answerphone.

I like talking to people. Even telemarketers and missionaries - at worst it's 20 seconds of fun while telling them to go away.

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

Planters Peanuts changed their peanut jar. It use to be glass, now it's plastic. Salted peanuts use to say "Peanuts Lightly Salted" on the lable, while unsalted was "Dry Roasted". Now salted peanuts are "Dry Roasted" and unsalted is "Unsalted". When I found this out I started looking for an email address to complain. Then I realized how old that made me feel.

nibXTE7.png

I like talking to people. Even telemarketers and missionaries - at worst it's 20 seconds of fun while telling them to go away.

Have you ever dabbled in shock therapy? Just curious. 8->

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    good evening folks

I don't like talking to telemarketers or missionaries.

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Elendil wrote: »
    the bee is every emoticon you need it to be :bz

yeah I

I dunno about that

"guys my mom died"

" oh shit :bz "

rRwz9.gif

Have you ever dabbled in shock therapy? Just curious. 8->

Seriously, maybe it's a cultural thing - or an age thing. Talking to a stranger for 20 seconds and saying 'No thank you' is no problem whatsoever.

The way you guys talk about it is really weird to me.

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Upstate New York isn't that expensive.

Well it can be because it's full of rich old people. But it can also be kinda cheap.

Upstate is Butt state, as in "poop from the"

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    6 happy hour cocktails may or may not make me mean

This discussion has been closed.