As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Diplomacy: Spring map 1911 on page 17. Down to E/F/T for the win

1111213141517»

• stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    It's a very different game FtF.
    Just try screwing someone over while they're looking right at you.
    Actually, I think it's better.

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    You doomed us both, Smoove!

You will be at PAX East? So will I!

We should hang out.

Also, your first mistake was making me your enemy. We could have been such good friends.

Like, everything I read said that Italy - Turkey is a bad alliance for Italy. Made me edgy about you the whole game.

Oh, it would have been very awkward. It's a seriously strange alliance, but I was willing to do it. For the lulz you see.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    So, anything brewing?

• Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Spring 1911
    China_5.jpg
    err... whoops

sorry, here's the correct map
    view_image.php?game_id=40306&gdate=20&current_phase=O

VayBJ4e.png
    Close game; Looks like the E/F alliance held strong throughout.

• LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Well, that's that.

We going to do another game?

"We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    From a cursory glance, looks like England could have stabbed France in the back quite effectively and had a good chance of a solo win. Oh well, guess both my hated enemies shared the win, doubling the vexation.

If we start another game right now, I'm probably going to sit it out. In a little while I'll likely be up for one though.

• Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    do svidaniya, europe...do svidaniya

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
    Can someone comment on playing FR?
    I seem to really not know where to go with it & get stuck in my little blue world.

I find that I usually want to go after the Italian fairly quickly. You focused on Germany, but England ended up getting most of the pie there. If you're working with England, then go after Italy faster. It'll let you grow quickly.

I'd like to thank Virg for the true alliance.
    You're a good man.

• Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    stever777 wrote: »
    I'd like to thank Virg for the true alliance.
    You're a good man.

Perspective.

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
    I find that I usually want to go after the Italian fairly quickly. You focused on Germany, but England ended up getting most of the pie there. If you're working with England, then go after Italy faster. It'll let you grow quickly.

Italy is so tough to get at if you don't have the Tyr Sea, which you usually don't for the early struggle.
    Such narrow entry points.

stever777 wrote: »

Italy is so tough to get at if you don't have the Tyr Sea, which you usually don't for the early struggle.
    Such narrow entry points.

Right, you need to be ready to jump in against England or against Italy right after Germany falls. Which means you only want to build like one more army so that you can take out Germany, other than that, pump fleets. See if you can mollify the Italian when you build one in Marseilles.

• Anarchy Rules!Anarchy Rules! Registered User regular
    Time to resurrect a dead thread!

I've got the diplomacy bug and I was wondering if you gentlemen (and women!) would be interested in setting up a new game?

I'm down for a game. I'm in three games on the playdiplomacy site right now. But I have one wrapping up.

Can't start until Monday as I'll be AFK all Sunday, but I'm willing.

I could get into some back-stabby, as long as I'm doing the stabby.

(That sounds wrong...)

Necro for something cool:

Grantland actually wrote an entire piece on my favorite board game: http://grantland.com/features/diplomacy-the-board-game-of-the-alpha-nerds/

• Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Dang 2 years ago, huh. I will probably remember that game for the rest of my life.
    That's a great article, btw Assuran.
    I had a lot of discussions on morality with older brothers throughout and postgame, and I still don't know the way to live, with regard to a game of diplomacy.

VayBJ4e.png