As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Hookup: Comics Deals, Sales, Giveaways, Etc.

• UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I have a 5 dollar coupon code thing, first one to PM me gets it.

edit: and crimsondude got it

UltimateInferno on
    "Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    ComiXology is having a huge Garth Ennis sale till Thursday focusing on The Boys, Jennifer's Blood and some other random Dynamite titles. Best deal is a digital omnibus of The Boys for only $18 which contains the first 22 issues of the series.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    So Thwipster is never coming back, are they? :(

It's been almost five months.

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    And they recently tweeted that whatever they're doing is going to take longer than they expected. Specifically, on March 20th, they tweeted: "We're now on an extended break. ETA is now longer than expected. Thanks all!"

I really wish they were more open about what's going on with them. I guess they are (were?) working on setting up a more permanent discounted comic book store? That's cool, but as of now, for all we know, they've all disappeared into the ether.

• MunchMunch Registered User regular
    The Art of Osamu Tezuka is currently only $4 on Amazon, marked down from $40.

If that's the kind of thing that interests you, jump on it.

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Neil Gaiman posted on facebook that Sandman is finally being collected in full!

Comes out Nov 13th, but Pre Order is up at Amazon

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    Neil Gaiman posted on facebook that Sandman is finally being collected in full!

Comes out Nov 13th, but Pre Order is up at Amazon

Finally being collected in full? Do you just mean being sold as one package as opposed to individual volumes?

I wonder if there's any difference between the packaged volumes and the individual trades or if the sole difference is the slipcase.

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Might have just been a Canada thing, but I had to scour comic shops for years cause could never get Vol 2 and 3 of the trades, and had to find singles.
    And now my set is pretty beaten, but now am not sure if anything changed much beyond the slipcase, but will still be nice to replace mine without scouring.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Since this is the deals thread, maybe you can answer my question... where would be a good place online to buy old comics, like 70's & 80's issues? The only place I'm aware of and have dealt with is Mile High Comics, but their website is very difficult to use and I don't know about their prices.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    Might have just been a Canada thing, but I had to scour comic shops for years cause could never get Vol 2 and 3 of the trades, and had to find singles.
    And now my set is pretty beaten, but now am not sure if anything changed much beyond the slipcase, but will still be nice to replace mine without scouring.

Note that DC also solicited Vol 11 + slipcase as a separate item, so you don't have to buy them all.

huntresssig.jpg
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    the first issue of the new TMNT series is free on comixology, it's a really good series that tries to merge every turtles franchise together, give it a shot for pizza power a flying saucer food delight.

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
  • UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    5 dollar marvel comic book cash voucher for first one to PM

edit: centi got it

UltimateInferno on
    "Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    Centi is almost as good as you at that stuff.

huntresssig.jpg
  • cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    Discount Mags has various Comic Book Subscriptions on sale for $12 each.
    Batman $12
    Batman: The Dark Knight $12
    Batman & Robin $12
    Catwoman $12

http://www.discountmags.com/promos/batman?a=slickdeals

• wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    Shit, I might actually buy print comics again at that price.

When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    Discount Mags is having another comic sale, a lot more titles this time: http://www.discountmags.com/section/175/1/dc-comics

Justice League America $13 w/ code 64325
    Batman $12 w/ code 24619
    Green Lantern $12 w/ code 20558
    Catwoman $13 w/ code 47764
    Superman $13 w/ code 16162
    Detective Comics $13 w/ code 38504
    Aquaman $14 w/ code 22629
    Batman: The Dark Knight $12 w/ code 44640
    Action Comics Superman $12 w/ code 36062
    Wonder Woman $13 w/ code 63213

Tanga is also having a DC Comic Book Sale: http://www.tanga.com/deals/DC-comic-book-sale?utm_source=GAN&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=Slick Deals&utm_content=Ban

Justice League America $14
    Batman $12
    Green Lantern $12
    Catwoman $13
    Superman $13
    Detective Comics $13
    Aquaman $14
    Batman: The Dark Knight $12
    Action Comics Superman $12
    Wonder Woman $13
    Teen Titans $13

• RedDeliciousRedDelicious Registered User regular
    Comixology is having a huge sale on the Invincible Omnibii

25 bucks for the first thirty issues, 25 bucks for the next thirty. Less than a buck an issue.

• TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Gaslight wrote: »

i check every once in awhile

always sad afterwards, the 'we'll be back' message never even changes slightly.

TyrantCow on
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    TyrantCow wrote: »
    Gaslight wrote: »

i check every once in awhile

always sad afterwards, the 'we'll be back' message never even changes slightly.

They still update their Twitter - still aiming to be back by the end of 2012 last I heard, but don't hold your breath.

Hensler on
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Hey, Barnes and Noble is having a buy 2, get 1 free sale right now on DC and Vertigo paperbacks!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/manga-graphic-novels-sale/379003421

• BullioBullio Registered User regular
    hoo boy, that's not good. But it runs beyond my b-day in November, so maybe it actually is.

Tempted to finally pickup a copy of Watchmen. Are all versions, or at least the paperback version they're selling, the recolored version?

steam_sig.png
    edited September 2012
    This is sorta comic related, but WB is re-releasing the Ultimate Cut collector's Blu-ray set of Watchmen with, among other things, the hardcover version of the graphic novel included. If you were a member of the WB Insider Rewards program that folded recently, you should have a $10 off $30 with free shipping coupon that will bring the preorder price down to $34.49+tax. Very nice deal that nets you some version of everything in one purchase.

Bullio on
    steam_sig.png
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Is that The recolored version?

edited September 2012
    Top Shelf is having a "$3 sale", with plenty of items that are more and less expensive than $3. I know nothing about Top Shelf's titles so I can't make any recommendations, but maybe someone else can.

Bullio on
    steam_sig.png
    A few MUST READS from that list of Top Shelf titles:

Alec: The Years Have Pants
    Blankets
    Box Office Poison
    Tricked

Owly is swell too and so is Surrogates. I love Jeff Lemire so I'll be purchasing Underwater Welder.

ComiXology is currently offering up Spider-Men #1 for free (TODAY ONLY) if you head over to comiXology.com/redeem and use the code: #CountdownDay1

edited October 2012
    The countdown continues with a frightfully fantastic read guaranteed to chill you to the bone. Pick up Locke & Key: Welcome to Lovecraft #1 for FREE in honor of our countdown to 100 million comic and graphic novel downloads!

Click here to download Locke & Key: Welcome to Lovecraft #1 for FREE! No redemption code required!

RedDelicious on
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    I know this doesn't help anyone since it was a deal at NYCC, but I wanted to brag somewhere.

Got Swamp Thing (New 52 - Vol 1), Xmen Schism, Xmen Prelude to Schism, Scarlet Spider (Vol 1), Avenging Spider-man (Vol 1) all for $35. I find it baffling that a booth had trades for half-off on the first day.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    You have to move excess inventory. They just happened to have some pretty good excess.

Also, I know one of my old LCS's owners saying that Marvel has a hand in trades being sold for half off, but I can't recall the details.

Crimsondude on
  • ThePrimmThePrimm Registered User regular
    I went into a Barnes and Noble today that had a buy 2 get 1 free for all trades. Not sure for how long it lasts though.

All trades or just all DC/Vertigo trades? Last I saw, online at least, it was limited to DC/Vertigo and I believe it ends around the end of November.

steam_sig.png
  • ThePrimmThePrimm Registered User regular
    From what I saw it was any trades.

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Looks like DC(at least that is what the Internet tells me and the Internet is never wrong).

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/manga-graphic-novels-sale/379003421/

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    redfield85 wrote: »
    Looks like DC(at least that is what the Internet tells me and the Internet is never wrong).

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/manga-graphic-novels-sale/379003421/

I was actually going to use this since BN is matching Amazon's prices on a lot of things.
    Was going to pick up Batman Year One, Dark Victory and Batman and Son...then I learned that they don't have ship to store.
    So instead I won't order from them. I save $10 on one of those then have to pay $6-7 just for shipping.

Anyone know if they match their "BN.com" prices in store? I would gladly go check in person for what I'm looking for if I can get the same prices.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Anyone know if they match their "BN.com" prices in store?

They definitely do not in my experience.

• AmiguAmigu Registered User regular
    I don't really know about the quality but Comixology has Silent Hill comics on sale for 99 cents

http://www.comixology.com/Silent-Hill-Sale/comics-collection/743

I think I might grab the first issue just to see what it's all about!

BitD PbP Character Volstrom
    QEz1Jw1.png
  • AmiguAmigu Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Erk that was defs not worth 99 cents. Stay clear of the Silent Hill deal haha. The coloring is interesting but the writing is pretty crap. Doesn't capture the vibe of the games at all, just goes for the shock angle.

On another note is there any way to separate previews from actual free comics in the comixology "free" section?

Amigu on
    BitD PbP Character Volstrom
    QEz1Jw1.png
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Not that I know, other than looking for the "Preview" in the title.