As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Dungeon Defenders] - Dungeon Defenders II: The Dungeoning coming soon! Free-to-play!

• Stryker43Stryker43 Registered User regular
    Really looking forward to grouping with folks for high-ish level stuff. Got a 73 monk, and my Series EV is in the 30s now (ridiculously good class)

camo_sig2.png
    XBL/PSN/Origin/NNID: StrykerFL GuildWars/GW2: Anton Firemaker FFRK: erNA
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    totally forgot to see the trendy guys at pax. damn it

• PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    @Hitmonchan107 Do you know what all the scenes are on the signed prints? It could not have worked out better for me getting one with the apprentice being featured, but didn't get to see anyone elses.

Penumbra on
    Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    Penumbra wrote: »
    @Hitmonchan107 Do you know what all the scenes are on the signed prints? It could not have worked out better for me getting one with the apprentice being featured, but didn't get to see anyone elses.

Crappy cell phone picture inc.

ddart.jpg

• ebotasticebotastic Going Gonzo In People's HeartsRegistered User regular
    I also have one of those. I can say I am not a master photographer:
    But I can also say 'first come, first served'!
    DSCF01552.jpg

Please, call me ebo.
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    The next boss is a soft shell tortoise? That's what I'm getting from that.

SkutSkut wrote: »
    I'm not 100% certain, but I believe the turtle
    is from content from after the four lost Etheria shard are found

Please, call me ebo.
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Used the code Ebotastic posted with his awesome art.

Thanks man.

steam_sig.png
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    Used the code Ebotastic posted with his awesome art.

Thanks man.
    You're welcome. :)

Please, call me ebo.
  • heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Oh god. The new dundef digest just revealed the new enemy...

It can push defenses OUT OF THE WAY.

Also, they revealed that the next class is going to be summoner.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • noweatnoweat Registered User regular
    Robes wrote: »
    You reverse the Barricade so it doesn't do damage to the ogre. Ogres want to attack things that are attacking them. If the barricade is reversed, the only thing attacking the ogre is towers, which the ogre can't kill because the barricade is in the way. This means the ogre just stands there like a dummy. Works with Series EV walls too since those walls don't attack.

More of an exploit really. But when they spawn 15 ogres a wave, you do what you can to survive.

wow, I wish I knew this earlier.

steam_sig.png
    heenato wrote: »
    Oh god. The new dundef digest just revealed the new enemy...

It can push defenses OUT OF THE WAY.

Also, they revealed that the next class is going to be summoner.

Called it!

Summoner? Boo I'm wanting Jester still :(

• Hitmonchan107Hitmonchan107 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

But why would they ride the boss? ;^)

I just noticed Ben Greene's signature mark. Looks like a little phone booth.

Hitmonchan107 on
    iamisom, Community Manager for Dungeon Defenders
    Twitter: @iamisom
    Currently Playing: Dungeon Defenders II (PC), Warframe (XO), Metroid Prime Trilogy (Wii U)
    Silly question, but can you reorder the character select window?

• Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Silly question, but can you reorder the character select window?
    It's either hold Alt or hold Shift while clicking the character you want to move, then clicking the new location (while still holding Alt). I think it's Alt. It may take a few tries if you are moving across the "page breaks". It's a little wonky, but it works eventually. If you are moving the character to the same ordinal position across a page break, you may have to move it to a different ordinal position before doing so (e.g. The character you are moving and the target you are moving to are both first in the list of four characters, so you move the character to second/third/fourth first).

Also, the turtle is clearly A'Tuin, the world turtle, upon which the Disc flies through space.

EDIT: Apparently, the L key can be used to Unlock/Lock items in the Item Box as well. Neat!

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • flammiebcflammiebc Registered User regular

I can probably upload a photo of the one I got tomorrow evening - just got back from Boston today (extended stay after PAX), and the frame managed to stay relatively intact.

Switch: SW-7753-7176-1119
    PSN: LucidStar_BC
  • BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    Just a side note: my eggs sold like hotcakes last night for 200m for small, and 400m for Gigantic.

Stupid easy money.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
    How much do eggs typically go for? I have 6 eggs and 1 humongous. I'm guessing 200M for the eggs, since yours sold for it, and 600M for the humongous?

As an aside, when I saw the humongous egg sells to the shop for 200,000,000 mana, I laughed out loud like a crazy person.

Haven't sold humongous just gigantic large and normal.

Side note: Stolen from the TE Forums on what Hansoo said.

For moving a character to another spot on the same page

Step 1 - Select the character you want to move
    Step 2 - Press and hold ALT
    Step 3 - Click on the character position you want to relocate the selected Hero to.

For moving a character from one page to the next

Step 1 - Note which position the character you want to move is in (i.e. 1-4 from left to right) on his current page
    Step 2 - Switch to the page you want to move the hero to
    Step 3 - Make sure that you are not trying to put the hero in the same position on the new page that he occupies on his current page (the function seems a bit buggy and will not always allow you to put a hero into the same position from one page to the next)
    Step 4 - Return to the page with the hero to be moved and select him
    Step 5 - Press and hold ALT
    Step 6 - While holding ALT switch to the page to move the hero to and select the hero to swap positions with

steam_sig.png
  • The Deranged HermitThe Deranged Hermit Inside the walls Merry Old EnglandRegistered User regular
    I've sold six eggs for 400'000'000 each so far and they sold within 15-20 minutes each time. I imagine you can get quite a bit more for the humongous ones, not having had one yet I couldn't say just how much more.

Steam: the_deranged_hermit
    GW2: Tavalisk.9463
    So, in regards to the Money Cap... having 1.6 billion to 800million, do I need to buy some items that I don't intend on using to make myself able to get money on clearing waves?

I hear if your above 400million, something happens? Or that is just the softcap for items?

steam_sig.png
  • mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    how do you actually sell the eggs?

still new to this game

camo_sig.png
    mts wrote: »
    how do you actually sell the eggs?

still new to this game

In your Item Box, there is a button that says "Add to store". After you send the item to the store, you need to enter your AFK shop menu from the Tavernkeeper and set the price there. Past that, I'm not entirely certain because I have had almost 0 success selling things on the shops.

I typically do the steps above. Add to store, price it. Go to the multiplayer game menu, say host game (So I know it's not private), then hit my shop when in game and hit enable AFK shop.

steam_sig.png
    So I ran into an...interesting bug last night. I used EV's clone on the Goblin Mech in the court room, and had the proton beam charging during the cutscene where arrives. I blast it with the proton beam which lasted way longer than usual and when we beat the boss I only had 18 mana in my bank. So yeah don't ah, do either of those things I guess.

So I ran into an...interesting bug last night. I used EV's clone on the Goblin Mech in the court room, and had the proton beam charging during the cutscene where arrives. I blast it with the proton beam which lasted way longer than usual and when we beat the boss I only had 18 mana in my bank. So yeah don't ah, do either of those things I guess.

You used your bank to charge the beam?

OUCH!

It was just 60M it's not like that's that hard to get but I was still shocked when I noticed it. Nasty bug though.

It was just 60M it's not like that's that hard to get but I was still shocked when I noticed it. Nasty bug though.

TO THE SPIDER QUEEN!!!!11

steam_sig.png
  • The Deranged HermitThe Deranged Hermit Inside the walls Merry Old EnglandRegistered User regular
    So, in regards to the Money Cap... having 1.6 billion to 800million, do I need to buy some items that I don't intend on using to make myself able to get money on clearing waves?

I hear if your above 400million, something happens? Or that is just the softcap for items?

You can earn up to 400 million from game play including selling stuff to the tavern keep. Past this you wont "earn" any mana from completing waves or selling stuff.

You can earn up to 2 billion from selling stuff to other players.

Steam: the_deranged_hermit
    GW2: Tavalisk.9463
    well poopy. Guess I should upgrade some stuff.

steam_sig.png
  • EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    Well, nobody buying my eggs. What gives?

I went to shops -> host afk shop -> put eggs in my shop -> enable afk shop -> wait.

And nothing.

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
    Did you advertise your eggs, like "eggs omg so cheap buy now"

• EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Did you advertise your eggs, like "eggs omg so cheap buy now"

Yeah. I will wait for a bit longer. Maybe I am getting undercut, although it doesn't seem like there are a huge number of sellers. I would think demand is still high.

Edit: Oh god they sold. 150mil x2. My bank went from 1.5million to 300million.

So. Much. Money. 8-)

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I've seen multiple PAers with this problem, so I feel that I should speak up. It has to do with armor.

If you haven't maxed out your resistances by the time you are neck-deep in Nightmare content, you are grossly underprepared. Your tavern resistances are not your true resists in Nightmare. It will cap out the display at 90%, but it goes higher than that. Nightmare reduces your resistances across the board. To get 90% resists in Nightmare, you need something like 41% on each armor piece you are wearing in a full Mythical set bonus.

Don't think you can get away with just Physical Resistances, either. Every elementally aligned enemy is not only immune to its element, but deals double damage (once physical, once with the element). Because enemy damage in Nightmare can easily exceed 100k, an elemental enemy can potentially one-shot you without a problem if you don't have proper elemental resists.

I recommend raising Physical Resistance as high as you can on each armor piece, and have your elemental resists at least to 24 (which prorates up to 32 with the Set Bonus).

My technique for raising Armor is as follows (assuming you are already wearing a full Mythical set with a set bonus for having the same material):
    1) Raise your highest resist to 23 (30 with set bonus). This should take less than 10 upgrades on most armors. If it doesn't, well, you are out of luck and you miss one of the 10 level thresholds (less than ideal, but it doesn't ruin the armor or anything).
    2) Raise the next highest resist until you reach 9 upgrades (not the ninth upgrade on that resist, the 9/123 upgrade levels on the armor overall). On the 10th upgrade, raise the highest resist (which should be 30) by 1 level (which brings it up to 32).
    3) Raise your resists until you reach 19 upgrades. On the 20th upgrade, raise one of your 30+ resists by 1 level.
    4) Continue step 3 every 10 upgrades until all of your resists are 30+.
    5) Now that all of your resists are 30+, you can dump 9 levels into any stat on the armor that you want, remembering to dump the 10th upgrade into a resist (preferably Physical Resistance).

If you are short on cash, raise your resistances on alternating pieces of armor. The lower level upgrades are cheaper, so you will get the most benefit for your cash by spreading the mana around on different armor pieces.

You should do this with a dedicated builder, too. Often, when playing with others, you'll have to keep your Builder out to repair and rebuild defenses and take advantage of the 30% Builder bonus, so you'll want to stay alive.

EDIT: You can probably get away with mediocre resists on the easier NM levels in non-hardcore. But having high resists is essential for contributing in high level NM play.

Also, don't take this as "Raise your resists, noob, or I will kick you!" This is just friendly advice. I will play with you even if you have negative resists on all 4 (especially, even). I'd rather fail a map repeatedly with PAers than win every map with a bunch of elitist 1337 d00dz.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • RobesRobes Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Hit 78. Looking to buy a huntress trans weapon from somebody? Pref Minigun or Disc Launcher. Not having much luck in the afk shops. Apparently they are way rarer than i previously though o.o

Robes on
    "Wait" he says... do I look like a waiter?
    I turned eggs into 1.5B mana this afternoon, as of this posting I'm down to just north of 600M.

I followed Hahns advice on my builder, and am now in the market to get better myths so that I can make a better addition in the PA groups.

• MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    The resist post is seriously good advice. I played two characters to 70+ without ever needing a single mana point invested in my armor, then hit nightmare and was getting rocked. It really is necessary.

edited April 2012
    I turned eggs into 1.5B mana this afternoon, as of this posting I'm down to just north of 600M.

I followed Hahns advice on my builder, and am now in the market to get better myths so that I can make a better addition in the PA groups.

You or anyone is welcome to join me and my friend. My app is about 800/700/600/700 now and my buddy is a beefy ol Tanky squire, I also mix in other characters for walls/towers but my 2nd combat playable is a DPS with a Monk.

Also, I was having less luck with normal eggs at 200m last night. Gigantic's and humongous still sell for stupid amounts, 400m+ for Gigantic.

Broncbuster on
    steam_sig.png
  • mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    what is the going rate for eggs, imight try and put them up one of these days

camo_sig.png
    I had 6 eggs listed for 200M mana, and while it took an hour for them to sell, they eventually sold. A friend of mine had 3 eggs listed for 100M mana, and they sold while he was at work.

This discussion has been closed.