As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Beauty is the promise of happiness [makeup, skincare, fashion] ONLY COOL BOYS ALLOWED

• skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    Ya, I honestly just went to fred's and looked for something that I thought would work cause I needed help asap (and sephora was closed)

• VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    btw @World as Myth ace recommendation on the L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara, I freakin' LOVE it!

it's a teensy bit more smudge-prone than my Maybelline Falsies, but I really like how it goes on! my lashes feel so pretty afterwards :3

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    cool, thanks ladies! that might be what I look into next after I sort out lips and blushes! :P

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Also, my own tip for eyebrows is to always go a shade lighter than you think you might need... I find that way you get a far more natural look, plus eyebrows are fairly easy to overdo. So, my pencil is a light brown, whereas my hair is more a mid-dark brown.

I got a blush stick from NYX I really like, but I'm afraid to use it on top of a powder foundation, hm.

• George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    got this in the mail with some face wash and toner

9999903165.jpg?sw=350&sh=350

cannot stop smelling myself it is so nice

boy you DIRRRRRTY

• cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    Oww oww oww I used a little teeny tiny amount of 10% benzoyl peroxide because I had a zit next to my nose and I had an adverse reaction so bad that 2/3 of my face is chemical burnt and puffy and hurts like hell! I think from now on I'm just going to give up on using any kind of acne treatment, period, and I'll just tough it out.

edited April 2012
    10%?!

lady, I am pretty sure that is the highest concentration of the stuff you can buy OTC

oh god that sucks, but jesus don't even use that stuff again, least of all at 10%

zits take time to go away on their own, so proper treatment is to just keep them clean and use things like witch hazel water, aloe vera gel, and stuff with camomile in it to soothe any redness

if you need something stronger, salicylic acid (2%) is the strongest you want to go... do NOT use benzoyl and don't go with 10%, not for a single zit... that stuff is designed for chronically bad acne that's all-over-the-face style!

Vivixenne on
  • World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    btw @World as Myth ace recommendation on the L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara, I freakin' LOVE it!

it's a teensy bit more smudge-prone than my Maybelline Falsies, but I really like how it goes on! my lashes feel so pretty afterwards :3

yesss! it's the least clumpy kind I've found. you do have to wipe it off pretty good, but you know that already

also I am going to recommend my tried-and-true "holy shit zits are taking over" treatment:

d01e491fd5249da8_cupcake-fresh-face-mask.xlarge.jpg

+ moisturize like the dickens (it's counterintuitive, I know, but in my case, it's the overly-drying acne meds that make my breakouts worse)

+ drink shitloads of water, I am not messing around here

this never fails to clear me up after a day or two of horribleness.

kQwcZLJ.png
  • World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    also viv, did you try that lip butter yet? do you hate it?

kQwcZLJ.png
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    God, this thread makes me hate budgeting so much.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
    also viv, did you try that lip butter yet? do you hate it?

I haven't actually worn it yet because my lips have been flipping out like the dickens

but I will give it a whirl the second this dry flaky bullpoop clears up and let you know :)

10%?!

lady, I am pretty sure that is the highest concentration of the stuff you can buy OTC

oh god that sucks, but jesus don't even use that stuff again, least of all at 10%

zits take time to go away on their own, so proper treatment is to just keep them clean and use things like witch hazel water, aloe vera gel, and stuff with camomile in it to soothe any redness

if you need something stronger, salicylic acid (2%) is the strongest you want to go... do NOT use benzoyl and don't go with 10%, not for a single zit... that stuff is designed for chronically bad acne that's all-over-the-face style!

Trust me, it was the teeniest tiniest amount... I'm not sure if you have those gross candy buttons on paper over there but it was not even a quarter of that amount and I only put on four tiny dots and now my face is so swollen if I had insurance left to burn through I'd go to the hospital, if it swells much more I won't have a choice either way! It's REALLY bad, apparently another one of those things I'm going to have a crazy reaction to any time it gets near me. Like on the bright side, hey the cystic zit I was getting next to my nose that I put it on went away? On the down side OH MY GOD WHY. I obviously gently removed it with the easiest facewash I had, aloe, and a non-reactive non AHA lotion but it's just getting progressively worse and worse as the evening goes on even though it was washed off 10 hours ago and now I'm having to ice my face. Totally sexy way to spend a date night watching movies, let me tell you.

oh gosh cabsy, that sounds absoutely wretched; I hope you don't end up having to go to the hospital as a result!

:( feel better!

It's an unfortunate side effect of having incredibly sensitive skin wrt some things? Like I can use Dark Angels which is loaded with charcoal and oils as a scrub and it works just fine! Used to use clean and clear loaded with salicylic acid daily! But god forbid I use the wrong setting powder or primer or apparently peroxide treatment on my face, I am in for at least a rash or apparently icing up my face for the evening. I think from now on I'm just going to figure if I get a zit, I need to let it be.

• GRMikeGRMike The Last Best Hope for Humanity The God Pod Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    The hair in the former picture looks like it requires product to style and hold it. Without that it would totes look like a helmet too!

Yes, that is something I realize. I didn't think it was magic.

GRMike on
  • SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    Eczema is. . . I don't know. Looking somewhat better but also worse. I think it's time to make a dermatologist appointment.

• UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Super disappointed in this Laura Mercier eye canvas, it's nowhere near as awesome as the Urban Decay eye primer

Usagi on
  • bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    pooka wrote: »
    @bowtiedseal
    Sally's is doing a 'buy any 2 ($6.99 or less) nail polish, get the 3rd free' until the end of April. and since i've re-upped my membership, i'm thinking of picking up at least some more Hunger Games colors (Agro and maybe Smoke and Ashes.) ... i want something bright and Springy, too, and i don't have any true pinks. ...too many choices!

i'd say use Stone Cold as a half-moon on your cuticles, once you get used to your current color as-is. it is such a neat finish.

ooooh. but man I really need to rein in my nail polish habit!

I think I'll wear stone cold with my tips in another grey that I have since it chips! excited to try it.

Been using concealer + fairly decent coverage of primer with my mineral foundation and actually it's pretty impressive... this is after a day's wear:
    foundation.png

The colour looks better somehow, too; I was afraid my foundation was too orangey but that's as natural daylight as I could get the photo to be, and I think it matches pretty well.

Skin is soooo much better, but not sure whether it's due to me following a routine more strictly or just hormones finally balancing out. The texture of my skin still isn't fantastic but a lot of the redness/bigger spots are vastly reduced. I do agree with WaM that moisturising is absolutely essential.

Usagi wrote: »
    Super disappointed in this Laura Mercier eye canvas, it's nowhere near as awesome as the Urban Decay eye primer

Too Faced Shadow Insurance and UDPP are the two most popular eye primers. For good reason, it seems. The Stila one is quite good too.

Shame about the LM one though, I love most of their stuff!

Usagi wrote: »

Too Faced Shadow Insurance and UDPP are the two most popular eye primers. For good reason, it seems. The Stila one is quite good too.

Shame about the LM one though, I love most of their stuff!

Yeah, I've been using the UD one for years and really like it, but I really liked the texture of the LM when I tried it at Sephora. Bummed it can't hold up to my oily eyelids!

• LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    @Vivixenne love that bag!

• GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    Ladies

Can someone tell me what the most attractive form of headwear is

Depends on the shape of your head!

Really.

• mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    also depends on the situation and location

Gumpy wrote: »
    Ladies

Can someone tell me what the most attractive form of headwear is

It depends, but if you're seriously concerned: none

Are hats really that looked down upon nowadays?

Why @Gumpy, the correct answer is of course that hat you wear for work - you look fab in it! :D

• SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Buy a sunbonnet.

You will be the prettiest.

Liiya wrote: »

Why @Gumpy, the correct answer is of course that hat you wear for work - you look fab in it! :D

If I was allowed to take it home with me I would definitely take it out for a spin in the town

Ladies love magnifying glasses

• HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    I've tried to bring fedoras back in the past, really and truly. I've even worn them with a coat and tie, Don Draper style.

It's just not happening. Hats are gone and will not return.

I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
    Liiya wrote: »

If I was allowed to take it home with me I would definitely take it out for a spin in the town

Ladies love magnifying glasses

Darn right!

• AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Men's hats (aside from baseball caps which are not fashionable anyways) went out decades ago.

Don't try to bring them back.

Nothing. Matters.
  • bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    My stylist person was running late so I got a free conditioning treatment! The best part of haircuts are definitely the shampoo/head massage. Posting from the stylist's chair right now (sitting here with conditioner stuff in my hair, I'm not actually posting during a hair cut)

I love that morning suits and top hats are still traditional for UK weddings

Hope to god tuxes never replace them

• EricsErics Charming to the last Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    The biggest problem with most hats is they are still following a style that no longer exists in most modern fashion. Both clothing and hair styles, so in pretty much every case they just look bad.

There are modernized women's hats, the same needs to happen for men's hats!

Erics on
    fabulousFantastic.png
    Twitter | Steam | Twitch.tv ~♪
This discussion has been closed.