As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Shadowrun 4th Ed. IRC/Vent. No longer recruiting. Backup applications always accepted.

• Meta T. DustMeta T. Dust Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    FROM THE MAKER OF NO MORE HEROES 2: DESPERATE STRUGGLE, AND SHADOWS OF THE DAMNED <-CLICK FIRST
    suda51.gifREVENGE.gif
    “Hey, HEY! Roscoe! Look! Look what I Found!”
    - DeSoto, LMG wielding RoboDog.

CHAPTER1.png
    Character sheet

Earliest memory I have is hearing that mechanical mutt yelling in my face, I didn’t know where I was, why there was a robot dog yelling at me, I didn’t even know who I was. That dog belonged to some hacker named “Goose”, he got me up on my feet, gave me a place to live, and we’ve been running ever since.

I never asked for these powers, personally I think this twist of fate is all fucked to hell, if I ever see fate, I’m gonna show em the meaning of disembowel. All I know is I’ve been dealt a shitty hand in life, and it’s time to stack the deck. I want my past back, and to know who I am, at ANY cost.

CONTACTS
    Bishop Rook: Ramen Shop Proprietor/Information Broker
    - Mr.Rook takes well to loyal customers with a knack for obtaining what his business thrives on most, information. Indebted to Travis for saving his ass, Bishop supplies Travis and company with a near finite supply of ramen, also lends his services as an informant for a cut of the take.
    Rook has established a network of the homeless and downtrodden that can find out what is need to know at street level. No digital operation, only word of mouth information can be obtained, but this means Rook has literal eyes all over the city. No backroom deal goes unknown to him, usually.
    - Loyalty: 6 | Connection: 2
    - Can only obtain information of happenings going on in the streets of the city (slums, back alleys, etc). Deals concerning corporations, or larger entities are out of Rook's "jurisdiction".

Goro Date: Talismonger
    - Goro runs a small trinket shop on the lower side of town, credited for teaching travis how to maintain his adept abilities, that would occasionally cause accidents such as opening doors too hard or tossing things through the ceiling. Seemingly can sense something within Travis, as he tracked him down and did this whole shaman schtick about supernatural beings and a bunch of junk, it is hard to keep track of what he says.
    - Loyalty: ? | Connection: ?
    - Language: Japanese

(UNKNOWN) “Crazy 8”: Digital Entity
    - Occasionally emails are delivered directly to Travis’ commlink from something named “Crazy 8”. The messages are abrupt but typically have no real context or meaning. The latest one simply reads “Gate”.
    - Loyalty: 0 | Connection: 0
    - Cannot contact

GOAL
    Get back my fucking memories, and my identity.
    <late title card>
    FINALRUNSTRUGGLE.png

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
    A show stopper, I know.

motherfuckingwar.png
    edited April 2012
    NEVERMIND I GUESS

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Easter, our greatest enemy.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    So anywhoooo. Running is on hold until next Sunday, due to people having "lives".

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    So we are not playing today? fail!!

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    We down for this coming Sunday? I'm down for this coming Sunday.

Marshmallow on
    I am down. I believe Meta is out.

Roll call!

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Meta, you butt.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    i am having difficulty keep my lungs on the inside from coughing.

I am maybe down

Lungs running around the room wearing a top hat.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    An effect more commonly induced with the aid of hallucinogens.

Update - Maptools still being shitty. Dropped back to version .86. Now login creates a timeout rather than an error.

Marsh has suggested Hamachi. It's a free download and I've already created a network for us.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    se++

wang

I'm nothing if not predictable.

Rise and shine campers! We are using maptools .86 now. So take the thirty seconds to download that version. Also, 5-5:30 approaches.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    maptools info btw

server - Shadowrun 4
    pass - wang

Vent info - vent20.gameservers.com port is 4384

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    I had to help move and shit all over the place, I told Thelonious to write off this sunday as well but he fucked up. I am in for the next game, and i'll attempt to get francis' shit together as well.

motherfuckingwar.png
    edited April 2012
    Meh. I ran a little one off with Marsh and Carrot. We still haven't properly started.

Mehtadust

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Unfortunently I am going to have to drop out. I was basing being able to play off of not having a job. I recently(as in last friday) got one and I work during the game time. Damnit lol and I spent way to much time working on this toon too. Sorry all!

Blood and Fire
    Well congrats on the job!

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Thanks man.And I was looking forward to play to..boo

Blood and Fire
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    i am interested on playing, maybe

what time is the game going to be in the UK? I can never sort out these things.

I believe 5pm EST would by 10pm for you. GMT +1 (UK) versus GMT -4 (EDT).

Daylight savings time, man. Shit be crazy.

• NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    I'd be interested in playing with you guys if you need a spare runner. I'll slap together a character and be ready for the game just in case.

I've been playing too much Tribes Ascend lately and I want to make a ''pathfinder'' character. (rollerblades and a LMG so as to be a mobile turret :P ) but I do not have the time to make that work so... hacker.

Good at hacking, good at triage, ok stealthing, ok shooter.
    maybe a rigger would do...

anyways, I'll have a character for tomorrow, and I wont be hurt if your full up.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
    Sure. Show up on vent today at 5 cst, or message me on steam before that (Talon Valdez).

To the rest of you suckas. Wake up and grab your guns, we go in an hour or less.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    well, that's a fine first impression on my part. just sleep right through sunday. My apologies.

In the mean time, Im getting my character transferred to mythweavers. I've had a drone rigger in another game and I liked him, so I'll use him.

I know you dont plan on using vehicles much, but I dont care if Im not optimal. Wheeler is a 'runner and he takes the jobs he can get.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Unfortunately, despite my honest desire to do so, I am currently already playing a really cool game of Dark Heresy/Rogue Trader/Deathwatch on Sunday so I'll have to give this a miss. Shame, but there you go. Enjoy the game!

Alright most of the busy shit is worked out, I can make sundays game (even if it means playing on the worst computer in the world) but I'll manage.

motherfuckingwar.png
    hey thelonius,

I got my character up on mythweavers over here . He's more or less a standard rigger, but I plan to evolve him into hacking, unless that's taken care of. The point and nuyen breakdowns are in what free spaces I could find. when you approve, I'll edit those out and put rules page references in there instead.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Cool deal, we have Hacker locked down tight, but we can always have more. Just whatever floats your boat.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    So we have a hacker, a rigger, a gunner, a bruiser and a stealth blade.

First session will be based off charisma and magic. Fuckers.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Just goddamned Astral Plane adventuring and Con checks as far as the eye can see.

You travel to the Astral Plane to talk to a dragon spirit. He is very polite and will slay you all if you don't make three successful Etiquette checks.

Wawh Wawh Waaaawh. Run failed.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    edited April 2012
    awesome.

running out quick to get some food, then I'll be back for the pre-game setup.

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    ok, im trying to connect to the PA vent server, but it says im lacking the password. am I allowed in? or do I need to go through the forums for submittal and acceptance?

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    PA Vent has been password protected I guess. Password is the standard Penny Arcade password for literally everything. PM if you need it though.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    edited April 2012
    here's an image of my character for a maptool token... martial arts competance may not be to scale... :P
    SamFisher12.jpg

small backstory
    Wheeler grew up in Seattle, and like most youths tended to skirt the law a bit. All too soon he was doing odd jobs for the Vory or the Yaks. Nothing serious, just boosting cars and sending them to the shops of one or the other. His luck ran out, when he stole the car of a known Vory boss and now he has to figure out how to pay them back without getting killed.

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    edited April 2012
    Barroom.jpg

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    ok, so quick notes for the run:

we got 10 names and various photos of them.
    One of our guys' name and photo was on the list.
    1-eye dwarf, aka Anthony is missing. He was our contact at the bar, which exploded from grey goons

Elf in limo works for EVO, also owns the bar that exploded. we need to give SINs to get through security for the meet.

lots of explosions...

a4irovn5uqjp.png